Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 23, 2019 6:21 AM

Dec 2012
I've never seen this. Trashing regular idol fans is very niche as far as MAL is concerned. Unless you're one of those beta orbiting crazies who jealously stabs his Honoka dakimakura when her VA interacts with men, I don't think you have to worry.
Jun 23, 2019 6:29 AM

Apr 2013
Pyro said:
SamHandwich said:
Because that genre is, by definition, style over substance. It's an altar at which fans idolize characters for superficial qualities.

Pretty much this.

Idol anime are the epitome of a trite pandering product next to like isekai. Not all are like that, but the majority that are seem to be a landslide. Fanbase is a big factor. The stereotype of idol fans being obsessed, superficial middle-aged fat dudes that worship little girls singing doesn't exactly help. I doubt all stereotypes are true, but I doubt they're that far off either. Idol culture as a whole is unhealthy. It's hard to see idol anime as anything other than a way to exploit weak-minded people.

All cultures involving "idols" is unhealthy but least for for us Anime idol fans it doesn't lean in too much into irl like with irl J-Pop/K-Pop idols unless you have that one crazy fan punching his Umi pillow cause her voice actor married some wrestler lol.

>Fat dudes that worship little girls

As I recall most idol shows aside from the kid ones has their cast in their later teens some in their younger adult years too but I guess I am looking more into idolmaster and macross. Welp least we aren't fat f*gs worshipping mindless isekai shit and ecchi that has tons of young girls too.

>It's hard to see idol anime as anything other than a way to exploit weak-minded people.

Lol isn't that all Anime fans towards a lot of genres tho? I can say the same thing for fans of all genres due to them being drawn to a specific Anime genre due to their weak minds desiring something they can't have lol. Oof what idol anime fan hurt you and made you this stingy fam? Hoping the stereotypes aren't true of the fans meanwhile your opinions in your post towards the fan base is the basic stereotypical shit I see all the time kek!
Aidoru-OjisanJun 23, 2019 6:35 AM

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Jun 23, 2019 6:36 AM

Apr 2014
all of anime has a bad rap to some niche subcommunity here. replace idol with shounen, shoujo, fantasy, isekai, mecha, vampire, thriller, horror..literally anything
Jun 23, 2019 6:57 AM

Feb 2019
Vazka said:
Cabron said:
You know that isn't true.

#characterlimit

It is true. All idol anime are repetitive and boring.

How can you know that if it seems from your list you haven't watched any, much less all?
Jun 23, 2019 7:02 AM

Oct 2018
Vazka said:
Cabron said:
You know that isn't true.

#characterlimit

i can agree to this but in my case it's for the isekai genre instead of idol anime
Jun 23, 2019 7:11 AM

Aug 2018
The rap scene in Zombieland Saga was LIT, mind you.

Now if you meant 'reputation', eh, I'm gong to be honest. I was not a fan iether of idol anime until I got exposed by it via Zombieland Saga for the first time. Atleast I can appreciate it now and understand why some people like idol anime since I've seen now some idol anime shows myself. If I were you, I wouldn't mind the people that don't like it or never even gave it a try.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Jun 23, 2019 7:30 AM

Apr 2016
People don't hate idol anime. They just hate idol anime fans. The ones in Japan that is (i don't really hear about foreigners acting weird).

I'm not a huge idol fan either but I REALLY love the music. I like Love Live Sunshine for its songs.
And if BanDori is considered 'idol stuff' then I like it more than any other idol anime. Their cover songs are really amazing 10/10.
Jun 23, 2019 7:30 AM

Jun 2015
because watching fake-deep shitty corny teen love drama with sci-fi, psychological, and physics concepts that are inconsistent and don't make any sense, and also watching fantasy people flail swords around, are both much more intellectual and refined than watching idol anime :^)
Jun 23, 2019 8:50 AM

Nov 2014
Because they glorify an industry with ridiculous and abusive rules, that represents everything wrong with corporative music, and enable a toxic relationship between the artist and the fans.

Also this type of shows tend to go hand in hand with the maligned moe aesthetic, which it's considered the reason anime has become so awful recently.
Jun 23, 2019 10:30 AM

Oct 2010
It's overwhelming how big idol anime are, it's like a huge cultural clash for many people who aren't Japanese otaku. It's probably not easy to explain the appeal of large franchises devoted to groups of attractive/cutesy anime characters singing and being treated as celebrities through various media.

The idol industry is also filled with creepy undertones due to the often spread news about abusive contracts and obsessive fans that many people get to know. Idol anime isn't free from that consideration.

BlancaXLobo said:
Also this type of shows tend to go hand in hand with the maligned moe aesthetic, which it's considered the reason anime has become so awful recently.

Considered by who? I haven't seen many people tell that in a while, and I don't think anybody really gives a fuck about moe aesthetic being used in shows they are not going to watch anyway because they are not interested on the concept.
Jun 23, 2019 10:35 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
jal90 said:
and I don't think anybody really gives a fuck about moe aesthetic being used in shows they are not going to watch anyway because they are not interested on the concept.

i meaaaan, have you seen some of these people, bitching about things that they'll never watch having the audacity to exist seems almost as important to them as drinking water

Jun 23, 2019 10:37 AM

May 2014
I don't think they do or at least i haven't seen many people trashing them. I've seen a few idol anime. I enjoyed Aikatsu Friends for what it was. The music and characters were nice. Love Live on the other hand was torture to watch.
Jun 23, 2019 10:47 AM

Oct 2010
Manaban said:
jal90 said:
and I don't think anybody really gives a fuck about moe aesthetic being used in shows they are not going to watch anyway because they are not interested on the concept.

i meaaaan, have you seen some of these people, bitching about things that they'll never watch having the audacity to exist seems almost as important to them as drinking water

Oh, yeah, of course. Specifically on idol anime and the "moe aesthetic" though, I don't think it's even close to a main reason. There are just other reasons specific to idol anime. Like the overall concept of fictional characters as celebrities with irl fans, or the focus on music, the size of the franchises or the fan obsession with every aspect of them.
Jun 23, 2019 10:54 AM

Nov 2014
@jal90 just remind a Berserk fan that Keitaro Miura put the manga on hiatus to work on The Idolm@ster.
Jun 23, 2019 10:56 AM

Oct 2010
BlancaXLobo said:
@jal90 just remind a Berserk fan that Keitaro Miura put the manga on hiatus to work on The Idolm@ster.

But Keitaro Miura puts the manga on hiatus every now and then, that is just his kink.
Jun 23, 2019 11:04 AM

Jan 2013
Sh3nshoujing said:
Vazka said:

i can agree to this but in my case it's for the isekai genre instead of idol anime
Mhmm, so tell me again.
How is Dunbine the same as Re:Zero?
Or 12 Kingdoms to KonoSuba?

Vazka said:
Aastra343 said:

How can you know that if it seems from your list you haven't watched any, much less all?

I have watched them, just haven't added it to my list. Too embarrassing and pathetic so don't want to include it.
You smell That? Yeah, bullshit.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 23, 2019 11:50 AM
Jul 2018
Vazka said:
Aastra343 said:

I have watched them, just haven't added it to my list. Too embarrassing and pathetic so don't want to include it.
If this is true, it's one more example of my theory that I posted earlier that people don't watch idol anime because they don't want to be seen as someone who watches shows for girls.

I'm guessing this is mostly a problem with teenagers since they want to be seen as "mature" and "adults". Even then, being too worried about what other people think of you is a very negative thing that can actually harm you a lot in real life. Don't do that.
Jun 23, 2019 1:07 PM

Dec 2012
The main reason is that Japanese pop music is hit or miss with me, I am more of a hard rock/metal type of guy. If I'm going to watch a music themed anime I'd rather it be something like BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad.

I'd watch the hell out any "idol series" that had music like this:

This:

Or this though:
KruszerJun 23, 2019 1:42 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jun 23, 2019 1:19 PM

Feb 2019
Vazka said:
Aastra343 said:

There's nothing wrong with admiting you're judging idol anime without watching them because you parrot others' opinion to feel included on the hate bandwagon. I mean, there is, but I garantee it's much better than pretending you haven't watched something because of what other people may think of you.

Aldnox said:
If this is true, it's one more example of my theory that I posted earlier that people don't watch idol anime because they don't want to be seen as someone who watches shows for girls.
I second this, even if I don't think it's made with the intention of being a girls' show, some people build the image that it is, just like what happens with many moe shows.
Jun 23, 2019 1:33 PM

Oct 2017
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the games for idol anime yet.
Jun 23, 2019 2:34 PM

Oct 2014
Aidoru-Ojisan said:
Pyro said:

Pretty much this.

Idol anime are the epitome of a trite pandering product next to like isekai. Not all are like that, but the majority that are seem to be a landslide. Fanbase is a big factor. The stereotype of idol fans being obsessed, superficial middle-aged fat dudes that worship little girls singing doesn't exactly help. I doubt all stereotypes are true, but I doubt they're that far off either. Idol culture as a whole is unhealthy. It's hard to see idol anime as anything other than a way to exploit weak-minded people.

All cultures involving "idols" is unhealthy but least for for us Anime idol fans it doesn't lean in too much into irl like with irl J-Pop/K-Pop idols unless you have that one crazy fan punching his Umi pillow cause her voice actor married some wrestler lol.

>Fat dudes that worship little girls

As I recall most idol shows aside from the kid ones has their cast in their later teens some in their younger adult years too but I guess I am looking more into idolmaster and macross. Welp least we aren't fat f*gs worshipping mindless isekai shit and ecchi that has tons of young girls too.

>It's hard to see idol anime as anything other than a way to exploit weak-minded people.

Lol isn't that all Anime fans towards a lot of genres tho? I can say the same thing for fans of all genres due to them being drawn to a specific Anime genre due to their weak minds desiring something they can't have lol. Oof what idol anime fan hurt you and made you this stingy fam? Hoping the stereotypes aren't true of the fans meanwhile your opinions in your post towards the fan base is the basic stereotypical shit I see all the time kek!

It doesn't lean in too much into real life in that instance because I'm not talking about western idol fans. I'm talking about Japanese fans because they're the ones who are more likely to take it to the extreme. Do you think it's reasonable to assume that someone like that who is obsessively fascinated with real idols would also like idol anime? Do you think its reasonably possible that someone like that would use the same mindset on the two? Do you think that fans like that would be the main target demographic and that most sales would be from them?

We're talking about anime here. You know as well as I do that appearance and age doesn't always correlate with sense. It doesn't matter if a loli is actually a 34 year old woman. What matters is she looks young because that's the main point of focus. Keep in mind that I'm not saying it's right, wrong or that it's always the case. I'm just saying it as an example of why people would look down on idol anime.

I'm not being stingy. Perhaps I worded a bit too bluntly. I don't really care about the subject to be honest. You've seen me around for a while now. Do I really strike you as someone who thinks narrowly? Yes, it does apply to anime fans of all genres, but it's not on the same level. Aside from isekai and ecchi like you mentioned before, no other genre really comes close to that level of dependency. Again, I'm not saying the stereotypes are right, wrong or that I myself think that.
Jun 23, 2019 3:20 PM
a car

Jun 2017
Kruszer said:
The main reason is that Japanese pop music is hit or miss with me, I am more of a hard rock/metal type of guy. If I'm going to watch a music themed anime I'd rather it be something like BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad.

This:

Or this though:

I recommend checking out Roselia and RAISE A SUILEN (especially the latter). If they count as idol bands, then they're the best (and heaviest) by far.

And this leads into my main gripe with idol anime. I haven't watched any of them, but as far as I know, most of them exist just to promote real life music artists. But I got into bands like Roselia and RAS without ever watching Bang Dream's anime or playing the mobile game. There are so many ways for these artists to put themselves out there, like Twitter, that basically making anime adaptations of themselves is pointless.

If there actually is another purpose for idol anime, then I'm curious to know.
Jun 23, 2019 3:52 PM

Apr 2013
Natsuki_Hyundai said:
Kruszer said:

This:

Or this though:

I recommend checking out Roselia and RAISE A SUILEN (especially the latter). If they count as idol bands, then they're the best (and heaviest) by far.

And this leads into my main gripe with idol anime. I haven't watched any of them, but as far as I know, most of them exist just to promote real life music artists. But I got into bands like Roselia and RAS without ever watching Bang Dream's anime or playing the mobile game. There are so many ways for these artists to put themselves out there, like Twitter, that basically making anime adaptations of themselves is pointless.

If there actually is another purpose for idol anime, then I'm curious to know.

It's a multimedia brand just like a lot of other Anime, first a game or the group is introduced in a magazine then they get an Anime adaption, mobile game, Anime short, concerts dedicated to the seiyuus performing in irl, ect. Also no Bandori is not an idol series but it has idol roots to its character dyanamics and story progression (as the first season is basically Love Live! K-On) but yeah there is PasuPare so can't say much. Anyways idol series are just the best multimedia projects for Japanese Otaku.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

61 by billybub »»
57 seconds ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - Yesterday

41 by WatchTillTandava »»
2 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 2 hours ago

15 by Spunkert »»
3 minutes ago

» Favorite characters you think are Sadist, Masochist, or Switch

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

6 by IpreferEcchi »»
3 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

43 by animegamer245 »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.