Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 30, 2007 4:29 PM

Mar 2007
A rather slow episode, didn't see too much action. At least we got to know more about Mao... Also did anyone else notice the Pizza Hut? It seems Pizza Hut has been showing up in a lot of anime these days like Code Geass
SukotsutsuMay 30, 2007 6:11 PM

Dibs on Ishida!
May 30, 2007 8:31 PM

Jan 2007
Lame ending to a lame story. Next one seems interesting. Looking forward to it.
May 30, 2007 8:40 PM

Apr 2007
Faust721 said:

Ditto.

I didn't notice any Pizza Hut advertisements but then again, I wasn't particularly interested in this episode as a whole. We'll see if things pick back up again next episode.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
May 30, 2007 11:10 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I don't think it was that bad, I liked it. Looking forward to the next bit, should be interesting.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 30, 2007 11:46 PM

Dec 2006
I didn't care too much for these past 2 eps, but there was some funny moments with the Investigator heh The only redeeming parts, really.

Next 2 part episodes look like there might be some backstory regarding Kirihara; been interested in knowing more about her too :d
リスト 。。

May 31, 2007 11:36 AM

Mar 2007
I thought the last two were extremely cool, especially since I think Mao is awesome.

Even more awesome now that we have some background info on him. Possession is rad.

And I think he and Hei are a more...evolved type of contractor? I mean, it's obvious they both show emotion, and have personalities, something contractor's are supposed to have given up in exchange for their powers.

Eh, it's confusing. And there's an elf in episode 9 >_>;

Jun 1, 2007 1:02 AM

Nov 2006
I lol'd SO hard at the Pizza Hut. I almost cried I laughed so hard.
Pizza Hut must have a fetish for whatever timeslot Geass had and DtB now has.

Can't wait to see schoolgirl-Kirihara, rofl.
windyJun 1, 2007 2:47 AM
Jun 3, 2007 4:39 AM

Mar 2007
Yay finally avaible to watch this, since my computer apparently don't want to view mkv videos anymore.
It was a pretty decent episode again, nothing really special happened.
Next week seemed a bit interesting though, looking forward to it =)
Jun 3, 2007 7:12 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Best part about this episode was when Mao ran into the bridge. Omg, couldn't stop laughing. :D
Jun 4, 2007 7:02 AM

Aug 2006
Xinil said:
Best part about this episode was when Mao ran into the bridge. Omg, couldn't stop laughing. :D

Awwww... poor Mao... O_o but yeah... we were laughing our heads off on that one... I'm hoping we're finished with this silly PI, though... not real pleased with that character...
Jun 4, 2007 9:34 AM

Jun 2007
Chelle said:
I'm hoping we're finished with this silly PI, though... not real pleased with that character...

I concur. Although the neko girl wasn't too bad.
Check out how a pimp blings.

Jun 5, 2007 3:15 PM
Feb 2005
Chelle said:
Xinil said:

Awwww... poor Mao... O_o but yeah... we were laughing our heads off on that one... I'm hoping we're finished with this silly PI, though... not real pleased with that character...

finished ? you should know that this series isn't finished with a character they've introduced until they've killed him. I suspect that since there was no real reason for these two episodes except to introduce the PI, that he'll probably be coming back later on... still not ruling out he'll die, but I don't think he'll be tossed aside and forgotten.
Jun 20, 2007 12:33 PM

May 2007
Didn't like this arc so much. It was funny to see Mao get abused. I wonder if we'll see more of the private eye and his flat-chested, cosplaying assistant...
Jun 21, 2007 7:03 PM

Mar 2007
Lame? Boring? This was hilarious. It's good once in awhile to throw in some humor in these kinds of dark anime seris.

mild_even said:
I wonder if we'll see more of the private eye and his flat-chested, cosplaying assistant...

I hope so. Maybe the assistant will become a Hei stalker. I don't blame her if she does. He's hot. O_O
Mar 22, 2008 8:51 AM

Mar 2008
I didn't think it was lame, it kinda got me back into Darker than Black. I was contemplating dropping it since the development of the characters was slow.
Jun 14, 2008 1:21 PM

Jun 2008
That was kind of pointless.... 2 episodes about BO =_="

And at that serious-ish part near the end they were all like... "maybe he just wanted to smell the sock"

That arc was messed up @_@
StabbyPWNSJun 17, 2008 8:14 PM

Sig WILL change soon~
Jun 18, 2008 2:02 PM

Mar 2008
Alright, this was a weird episode. Maybe he just wanted to smell...a sock? O.o They were being purty serious about that, but I though it was funny. xDD

Aw, I actually like the assistant girl. Come on, who WOULDN'T want to stalk Hei? <3

I don't like the investigator much, or the widow. My general thoughts after this ep were: "i should go put on some deoderent..." Which is probably not what they were going for. Lol.
Aug 22, 2008 3:47 PM
Aug 2008
Loserkid said:
Alright, this was a weird episode. Maybe he just wanted to smell...a sock? O.o They were being purty serious about that, but I though it was funny. xDD

Aw, I actually like the assistant girl. Come on, who WOULDN'T want to stalk Hei? <3

Actually, I think the sock thing made an excellent point. Being able to steal people's bodies, kill them, and zap back to your original body sounds great, until you screw up a minor detail and lose your original body. And after that happens, nothing in the world can make things the way they used to be.

It's kind of like a loss of innocence -- whether through sex, crime, death of loved ones -- there are some things in life that happen, and after that, you can never get things back. And you can easily be crazy enough to love something ugly or disgusting, so long as it reminds you of the past you'll never get back.

I also like the pink-haired assistant girl, but she's not nearly as hot as the white-haired contactor girl who works with water. And the opening shows someone with long green hair carressing Hei...
Sep 16, 2008 2:36 PM

Oct 2007
this episode i think better than the last one i was really disapointed from the other one but this one was a bit more interasting tho the other episodes were much better and i hope that so will be the new one's.
Nov 24, 2008 11:40 AM

Jul 2008
I liked this arc. Not so much for the humour, but more for some hints that the old bastard might have been the contractor whom Hei killed in this episode. Smelling, revenge on his former workers (who might have killed him to take over the company) and the fact that their is no other reason for the contractor to be introduced and kileld in this arc.
Feb 9, 2009 9:24 PM

May 2008
What would you do if a creepy maid woman had a crush on you?
May 5, 2009 8:26 PM

Mar 2009
I liked this episode, even though it felt like filler. His secretary is OK!
Jun 5, 2009 4:25 AM

May 2008
Jul 7, 2009 1:30 PM
Jun 2008
a nice episode, there wasnt much action but i didnt mind.

I thought these last 2 episodes were quite entertaining
Jul 11, 2009 11:06 PM

Dec 2008
the arc. yeah it was alright.
mainly liked the character development on mao.

rofl at mao running into the bridge. XD
Jul 12, 2009 4:55 PM
Jul 2009
"Do you have any tips on stalking?"
"Ya, get bigger boobs."

priceless
Aug 26, 2009 1:24 AM

Aug 2009
By the way when the widow came to the previos wife's house she saw the skeleton of the owner of the house. But the detective said that she has died six months ago. The body can't be decomposed to bones. She might see only the dead body, not skeleton.
Sep 1, 2009 12:46 PM

Apr 2009
sovaca said:
By the way when the widow came to the previos wife's house she saw the skeleton of the owner of the house. But the detective said that she has died six months ago. The body can't be decomposed to bones. She might see only the dead body, not skeleton.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

The ending seemed like it implied that Hei doesn't have dreams... Or maybe it's just me.
Nice character development on Mao, otherwise nothing much happened.
I'm still waiting for Hei to epicly kick ass so I have a reason other than his uber hotness to add him to my favourites list xP
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Sep 22, 2009 5:30 PM

Sep 2008
After the first three very epic stories, this one felt really... weird? It was funny though, especially when Mao Bird crashed into the bridge. XD

I kept expecting that the contractor would have something to do with the whole widow case? Was there a connection that I just missed?

Anyways, kind of an okay diversion story I guess. I really wonder if the possessor contractor entered the body of the ugly old dude that Hei works for at the end there... That would be pretty epic if he did.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2009 8:30 PM

Apr 2008
quite dumb o_o but okay episode

Nov 11, 2009 9:44 AM

Feb 2009
sovaca said:

It wasn't a skeleton, the body seemed in the process of decomposing. There even were body fluids under and around the limbs (yuck).

Really liked the arc, the amount of humour was a little surprising, but refreshing, and the episodes didn't seem fillerish at all. I loved that creepy maid.
Dec 10, 2009 4:17 AM

May 2009
Faust721 said:
Lame ending to a lame story .

agree, it was a boring episode and a very slow one
Dec 17, 2009 11:07 AM

Sep 2009
Poor Mao.
Lookin' forward next episode!
May 29, 2010 2:57 AM

Sep 2009
Lol...loved the part when that creepy maid gave the detective that umbrella...I guess she isn't all that suspicious.
May 30, 2010 4:35 PM

May 2009
kinda boring compared to the first few episodes...but it wasn't that bad anyway looking forward to the next few episodes
Jun 5, 2010 7:36 AM
Feb 2008
Nayrael said:
I liked this arc. Not so much for the humour, but more for some hints that the old bastard might have been the contractor whom Hei killed in this episode. Smelling, revenge on his former workers (who might have killed him to take over the company) and the fact that their is no other reason for the contractor to be introduced and kileld in this arc.

Revisiting this episode after so much time made me remember that I had a similar thought when I first saw it. Was the dead CEO really the contractor seeking revenge for some plot against his employees and board trustees? After all he was obsessed with smell and that sock may have belonged to his old body....or even his first wife's. After all it would explain why Hei was undercover at the Widow's house just in case said contractor went to see her or something (although Contractors are said to be without the emotional part of the brain and that wouldn't be a very rational move)
Oct 29, 2010 9:06 AM

Jul 2010
This arc was strange, refreshing but strange nevertheless. I hope this wasn't just a filler and will be of more importance later.
Nov 2, 2010 9:36 AM

Sep 2010
kind of a slow arc. i hope its foreshadowing to a later episode.
Nov 21, 2010 3:21 AM

Oct 2008
Lol, I wouldn't want to smell a sock as a remuneration.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Dec 12, 2010 5:14 AM

Sep 2009
thatguy said:
Nayrael said:

Revisiting this episode after so much time made me remember that I had a similar thought when I first saw it. Was the dead CEO really the contractor seeking revenge for some plot against his employees and board trustees? After all he was obsessed with smell and that sock may have belonged to his old body....or even his first wife's. After all it would explain why Hei was undercover at the Widow's house just in case said contractor went to see her or something (although Contractors are said to be without the emotional part of the brain and that wouldn't be a very rational move)

Yes, I'm not alone! Lol, I was talking to my brother about this after we watched it and he was acting like I was crazy :s The hints were admittedly subtle, but my reasoning's pretty much the same:

1) The body-thief had strong connections to the perfume company, and at the beginning of episode 7 mentions that he remembers his victim him killing him, and there is a potential the old guy was murdered by the people in his company (I can't really remember at the moment if they say the cause of death explicitly though).
2) The body-thief takes those perfumes from each of the victims- the old guy was a collector of them, and these would have been especially rare since they're supposed to have components from beyond the gate. It's also very likely the old guy's remuneration/obeisance was either smelling things (The wife's description sounded as if the old dude was pretty obsessive over it, much like the contractors are with their obeisances) or simply the collecting of the perfumes.
3) Sniffing the sock- it's stated it wasn't his remuneration, so it'd be a very strange thing to do, unless you're a crazy dude obsessed with smells. Now, who's sock it is could be debatable, personally I think it's the first wife's since he loved her scent and what not, but unfortunately I couldn't find any direct hints toward that, like if the body was missing one of the socks or some such.
4) There would have to have been a significant connection between that mansion and the body-thief for Hei to have been working there- I'm very doubtful it was just coincidence.
5) Kind of ties into 4, but from a directing standpoint it'd be very strange to have two nearly completely unrelated events with the slightest of interaction between one another (The jacket mix-up) in the same arc.

Anyways, I think there was a lot more to this case than was shown on-screen, and I personally found this arc to be one of my favorites because of it. It left only a few hints and left it up to the viewers to put it all together, but then again, I could be just over-analyzing the non-existent, lol.
BlayzeDec 12, 2010 7:06 AM
Sep 25, 2011 8:56 PM

Jun 2010
A young woman gets a rich old man to divorce his old wife and marry her, but becomes bitter because he thinks she smells bad, unlike the first wife. Later, this woman performs a trivial act of spite against the first wife's corpse.

Sure am glad that took 45 minutes to play out.

Even the cat apologized at the end.
Oct 12, 2011 10:39 PM
Sep 2011
Blayze said:
thatguy said:
Nayrael said:

Yes, I'm not alone! Lol, I was talking to my brother about this after we watched it and he was acting like I was crazy :s The hints were admittedly subtle, but my reasoning's pretty much the same:

1) The body-thief had strong connections to the perfume company, and at the beginning of episode 7 mentions that he remembers his victim him killing him, and there is a potential the old guy was murdered by the people in his company (I can't really remember at the moment if they say the cause of death explicitly though).
2) The body-thief takes those perfumes from each of the victims- the old guy was a collector of them, and these would have been especially rare since they're supposed to have components from beyond the gate. It's also very likely the old guy's remuneration/obeisance was either smelling things (The wife's description sounded as if the old dude was pretty obsessive over it, much like the contractors are with their obeisances) or simply the collecting of the perfumes.
3) Sniffing the sock- it's stated it wasn't his remuneration, so it'd be a very strange thing to do, unless you're a crazy dude obsessed with smells. Now, who's sock it is could be debatable, personally I think it's the first wife's since he loved her scent and what not, but unfortunately I couldn't find any direct hints toward that, like if the body was missing one of the socks or some such.
4) There would have to have been a significant connection between that mansion and the body-thief for Hei to have been working there- I'm very doubtful it was just coincidence.
5) Kind of ties into 4, but from a directing standpoint it'd be very strange to have two nearly completely unrelated events with the slightest of interaction between one another (The jacket mix-up) in the same arc.

Anyways, I think there was a lot more to this case than was shown on-screen, and I personally found this arc to be one of my favorites because of it. It left only a few hints and left it up to the viewers to put it all together, but then again, I could be just over-analyzing the non-existent, lol.

THIS. Now i know what this ep is about. definitely makes more sense now.
Dec 6, 2011 7:26 PM

Jul 2010
tainteddonut said:
Faust721 said:

Ditto.

I didn't notice any Pizza Hut advertisements but then again, I wasn't particularly interested in this episode as a whole. We'll see if things pick back up again next episode.

thus the reason we didnt notice it, episode, or rather arc was pretty boring, pink girl stalking idea is kinda funny though.

Dec 16, 2011 1:20 PM
Aug 2010
It was funny. We learned things from the cat. The guy who can swap bodies was made interesting by the end with the sock thing. I liked this arc.

Jan 27, 2012 2:48 PM

Dec 2010
Faust721 said:
Lame ending to a lame story. Next one seems interesting.

Agreed, the story was really lame, but at least the detective was cool. I enjoyed this arc though.
Apr 30, 2012 5:18 PM
Mar 2012
Very slow episode. I feel as though it might as well have been filler. I quite enjoyed the humor though and Kiko is most defiantly me. Watching anime at work, hehe.
Jun 14, 2012 11:34 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, that stupid private detectives makes me rofl so much. And I love how he insults Kiko every time, I think he actually likes her since he had that bunny girl thing in his coat.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 9, 2012 4:02 AM

Feb 2012
Fronzel said:
A young woman gets a rich old man to divorce his old wife and marry her, but becomes bitter because he thinks she smells bad, unlike the first wife. Later, this woman performs a trivial act of spite against the first wife's corpse.

Sure am glad that took 45 minutes to play out.

Even the cat apologized at the end.

LOL I thought this arc was great but this post was hilarious.

Really cool showcase of powers here with Mao and the sock guy switching back and forth.
Oct 5, 2012 4:55 PM

Oct 2010
so will we get to see mr athletes foot be around again?
Oct 13, 2012 1:23 AM

Jan 2010
This arc in itself was a bit funny and interesting for me. However, since the prior arcs were emotional, had action, and info on the contractors and their world in general, I was ready for another drama/action arc and then got this funny, quirky, random one. Still enjoyed it, but I want the next one to be more dramatic or something.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sobzob - Sep 27, 2007

298 by LotteGiants »»
May 5, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Zel - Jul 21, 2007

105 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 4, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Jul 21, 2007

100 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 4, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jun 13, 2007

99 by TheMangaManiac »»
Mar 11, 4:13 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - Jul 6, 2007

144 by YankataY »»
Dec 10, 2023 11:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.