Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 9, 2019 6:09 AM

Nov 2014
I know probably a ton of people have already said incest, but...
When the show portrays an incestous relationship and we're supposed to root for the couple, like in OreImo or Angel Sanctuary.

I have one pretty big in shoujos, and it's when the show make me don't want to see the main couple together, despite the show is trying to convice me otherwise. That's the reason why i dropped Itazura Na Kiss.

Jun 9, 2019 11:56 PM
May 2019
MABfan11 said:
Levi4ckerman said:
Power of friendship...i hate it when erza from fairy tail wins no matter what

this could apply to ALL of Fairy Tail. rarely, if ever, is there a fight in FT in which FT wins using their wits instead of the power of friendship
true ahhahah i agree but erza was the best example. that is the only thing i ahve against that anime tho
Jun 10, 2019 10:50 PM

Jan 2016
❶ Shows that contain too much of a squick factor; i.e recently watched Grisaia no Kajitsu & I thought the story was okay, but kept thinking

② Pretentious over-monologuing; i.e. The Beheading Cycle when

I’m sure I can think of more, but that’s what I have for now. (˶‾᷄ ⁻̫ ‾᷅˵)
▾ Check Out My Original Series ▾

▾ Check Out My Blog ▾
Jun 11, 2019 5:43 AM

Oct 2010
ShadowMonkey said:
Inconsistent visuals. If your characters are off model the moment they aren't up close to the camera, and your CG is painfully obvious, I'm gonna read the source material, I'm sorry.
Also, stuff that people believe are good alternatives to old shows cuz old shows are "dated", while in reality their redditcore garbage is brainless, surface appealing crap that sucks on turd logs ("DarliFra is better than Eva, Eureka Seven, and Gurren Lagann", "Bunny Girl Senpai is better than Haruhi and Monogatari")

Out of these shows the ones I watched are quite different from each other so maybe people like variants of a very basic narrative trope that differ enough to stand alone and be individually enjoyable.

Nobody fucking cares about how similar Bunny Girl is to Haruhi beyond tracing stylistic influences that are everywhere in any genre of anime. More often than not it's made up speech to make some people feel better about their level of expertise, as if watching any of these older shows was any sort of countercultural revolution.
Jun 11, 2019 8:26 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Too much plot & character with little to no Fanservice

Jun 11, 2019 8:27 AM
Jul 2015
my only red flag is watching an anime and realizing it's a dub instead of sub.... :D
perkunos.blogspot.com
Jun 11, 2019 8:29 AM

Mar 2019
Shicchi said:
Pedophilic subtext.

Same as you it seems.
Really? I'm usually out if by the third episode I don't at least see some loli, incest, tentacle or trap being teased.

What can I say? I'm nothing if not a man of culture.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Jun 12, 2019 8:50 AM

Jan 2010
Sphinxter said:
Shicchi said:
Pedophilic subtext.

Same as you it seems.
Really? I'm usually out if by the third episode I don't at least see some loli, incest, tentacle or trap being teased.

What can I say? I'm nothing if not a man of culture.

Well good for you that anime with loli, incest, tentacle or trap seems to be in high demand ;D
You can find plenty of those to last a decade XP
Jul 27, 2019 9:58 AM

Nov 2018
garbage pedo/lolis
cringey yuri/yaoi outside of comedic situations, idc for this shit
forced dialogue

not exactly a red flag for anime specifically but when fans project their thoughts onto the source material where nothing supports it being true and it's all in their head, that's more of a forum thing not really anime thing
Jul 27, 2019 10:01 AM

Nov 2016
A world full of only girls, even if they mention some man, they usually don't even show the face of the man, that's a lost for me that only the opening can save.

Also cliches in the first episode or a bad animation in the first three episodes like Hyakuren no Haouo to Seiyaku no Valkyria.

And for the last harems with no sense.

And I don't like gore animes or lolis raped/killed brutally and things like that.

This is not a RED flag at all, but if the show tries to go for something serious like music, sports or something and suddenly turns into a romantic story goes directly to the trash.

NTR (hentai or not) and excessive fanservice.
AlvaritoterreosJul 27, 2019 10:10 AM
Jul 27, 2019 10:02 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
As for Anime can't really think of any..usually Anime I only drop when it's boring. There are some things I hate.. but if overall is still great. I still end up finishing that specific Anime. (I.E "Kuzu No Honkai" ... that Anime pissed me off on so many levels.. but overall it was still pretty good).

But with hentai I can tell easily. Hentai with cheating/NTR/mindbreak etc.. In a style I don't like.. will just to insta droplist as they rather disgust me.
Jul 27, 2019 10:03 AM
Apr 2016
Unnecessary fanservice. That tells everything you need about an anime, if it has any, especially at the beginning - just drop it.
Jul 27, 2019 10:20 AM

Nov 2016
There aren't many things I'd say would be a turn-off for me, but if there's a recurring cyberpunk/mecha theme, chances are I'm either gonna avoid it or not enjoy it as much as I would if it simply weren't there. A few other things that generally put me off are:
-Overly sexualising minors (especially if it's for copious amounts of time, or if it's a major plot point)
-Trashy production values (includes G O D A W F U L CG)
-Way too many poorly-done cliches
-Too much flashing imagery (looking at you Evangelion)
-Love triangles (dumb way to drag out unnecessary drama 99% of the time)

This doesn't necessarily mean I won't watch something if one/multiple of these are prevalent, however if it gets annoying I'll probably drop it.
Cynder360Jul 27, 2019 10:23 AM
currently: doing my best!

Jul 27, 2019 10:26 AM
May 2019
Let me see bad pacing, too many episodes, unknown studio, bad animation, bad op, sport genre, yaoi, iyashikei genre, terrible first episode, distasteful fanservice, one dimensional characters that are tropes that pretty much sums it up.
Jul 27, 2019 3:36 PM

May 2014
kawaiiiiiiiii said:
- Slow pacing
--> It bores me to death and puts me to sleep (e.g. Monster, Mushishi)
I'm surprised you liked Ergo Proxy then, since that show has an extremely slow pace, especially in the 2nd half.
Jul 27, 2019 3:42 PM
Nov 2016
One-season only anime. Like "we'll have a single season of 12~24, or even 75 episodes, but it will end in the middle of the adaptation and will never receive a season again". I watched a lot of them in the past, but this kind of crap really tires me. Obviously, i'm not talking about anime that adapts the entire original work and have 12~24 episodes, or are intended to end at this amount of episodes (when the anime is the original work).
Also, when a female character with an obviously mature age and personality appears but it is blessed with a "generic loli voice". That's simply garbage.
Jul 27, 2019 3:44 PM

May 2019
Sibling/Parent incest, misplaced fanservice, and pedo relations. All of these will probably make me not want to watch at all.
Jul 27, 2019 3:45 PM

May 2018
Every anime with bad CGI or a normal isekai plot.
Jul 27, 2019 3:48 PM
Oct 2017
"Your friends are what makes you weak!"
Jul 27, 2019 3:51 PM

Oct 2017
Sometimes comedic moments feel incredibly forced (in some romance and action shows) and it's just the worst.
Jul 27, 2019 4:18 PM
Jan 2017
Yuri-Crusader said:
If a male do something aggressive against my waifus i sometimes drop the anime

"Shin Koihime†Musou" , That one is good example,,, A male touch my girl and he survived!!!!!!???? , That is not ok,,,, Dropped 1/10 in score as a result of its own stupidity!!

The females in the anime belongs to me!!!! If the anime is stupid enough to mess with them its going to be hell for it to pay . And no heterosexuality its also forbidden in my anime

That's my red flags!!! My girls shall remain pure and unharmed and no male shall EVER touch them!!!!! They are not there to be fucking mess with!!!! They are there to kiss each other!!! And for me to go,,, """Awwwwww my lesbians are so cute"" ,,,, All the other shit pisses me off ,,,Only accepted waifu on waifu ,,,,Males and heterosexuality is kind of gross in anime if you ask me,,,, And therefor my biggest red flags

Hey what anime is that picture from?
Jul 27, 2019 4:48 PM
Feb 2019
Stuff like that girl/dog chimera early in the episodes of fma:b, or spot and rover in hxh. (i'll only drop if it's in every episode.) other than that, rape, pedophilia, incest, harem, ecchi, hentai, etc. is a no-no.

luckily i check the tags and reviews before picking an anime up, so i've been able to avoid those kinds of anime. also if it has enough bullshit in it or if it manages to bore me to death, i'll drop it.
Jul 27, 2019 6:14 PM
womp womp

Nov 2012
My anime red flag is a red flag. characterlimithurdurhurdur
Jul 28, 2019 5:54 PM

Oct 2015
If we're talking about just for the first episode, I'd say bad writing, lack of a tangible narrative hook or reason to care about the characters, generic presentation, generic MC, shock value added in for the sake of shock value etc.

Aug 3, 2019 1:08 PM

Apr 2010
Something which is too ecchi when the anime hardly started.

Aug 3, 2019 1:46 PM

Feb 2016
if there is a shounen tag, chances are i will avoid it
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Aug 3, 2019 2:51 PM
Mar 2016
yanderes, also no incest, NTR, hentai sht, and yaoi
I also get turned off when the MC loses thousands of times before he gets somewhat strong.
Aug 3, 2019 3:19 PM

Jun 2019
Over the top tsundere characters, bland male MC and poor animation/art-style or cgi are the prominent reasons for me to be put off or drop an anime.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 17 minutes ago

4 by filjoh »»
3 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts.

Pinoffin - 7 hours ago

43 by EpicO4 »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

37 by Shirayukin »»
10 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

109 by Merani »»
16 minutes ago

» A Trend in Voice Actors in Anime

Yuu_Kanzaki - 21 minutes ago

0 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.