Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
May 27, 2019 9:43 AM

Sep 2014
Hey all, just wanted to inform you that IMDB has Attack on Titan season 3 episode 5 "Hero" with a clean 10.0 score, which sets it on top of all other TV episodes ever.

https://www.imdb.com/search/title?title_type=tv_episode&num_votes=1000,&sort=user_rating,desc

Sure it has only a small amount of ratings compared to the other big players, but its impressive anyway.

Thx to all participants for their hard work, this thread is finally locked!
Comander-07Jun 10, 2019 7:09 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 27, 2019 9:52 AM
Jan 2019
Now some haters will call it overrated and some other bullshit
May 27, 2019 9:52 AM

Jan 2017
Nobody cares :| it'll drop down with time anyway.
May 27, 2019 9:53 AM
Apr 2019
This episode deserves it! but sadly there will be haters hating on it and bring the score down. But still it was nice to see it at #1 best tv episode on IMDB. Only attack on titan has managed to make it in top 5 and beat GOT and breaking bad
May 27, 2019 9:54 AM

Apr 2019
yea and that even with haters giving it a Score of 1 LMAO
30+ people deserve to be punched hard

You son of a .. turtle

May 27, 2019 9:57 AM
Apr 2019
Nim0174 said:

LMAO! also i think no anime has made it to the top 5 best tv episode on IMDB except aot.
May 27, 2019 10:17 AM
May 2018
Hahahahahahahaha bro haters have the best life ever. If you think scores will drop people from watching this anime you are completely mistaken. Watching this episode reactions on YouTube clearly foreshadows this anime greatness.
May 27, 2019 10:23 AM

Sep 2014
Nim0174 said:

I think rating sites should finally implement a filter for those 1/10 haters. Its not like different opinions yada yada anymore. When 2 thousand people give it a 10, a 1 is just a stupid score, production quality wise alone.

Those haters exist for every show so in theory is should even out, right? No. When a show has 200k ratings, a few hundred or even thousand haters dont matter. Anime isnt that huge. A couple hundred fanboys of GoT (if they still exist after season 8) could influence this score to a huge degree.

I wonder how long it will stay on top. I guess as soon as the western userbase becomes active it will fall to the GoT fans.
May 27, 2019 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
@Comander-07 by making this thread you are gonna get people to rate it low lol.
May 27, 2019 10:28 AM

Sep 2018
what the fuck it’s just attack on titan how good could it be, i mean good job and all SNK, but wow the first season bored me to death i didn’t even finish the first quarter. guess i’m missing out on something cool
returntothenhkMay 27, 2019 10:31 AM
May 27, 2019 10:29 AM

Oct 2017
Remember that people who don't watch anime also can hit 1 there to "drop" this episode from list. And to be honest with this small number of votes it shouldn't appear there.
The Young Noble of the Field is currently watching - Diamond no Ace: Act II
Misugi-kun is also reading - Kanojo, Okarishimasu
May 27, 2019 10:34 AM
May 2019
juiccbox said:
what the fuck it’s just attack on titan how good could it be, i mean good job and all SNK, but wow the first season bored me to death i didn’t even finish the first quarter. guess i’m missing out on something cool

Wait if you didn't finish the first season im honestly confused as to why you're in the forums of said anime
May 27, 2019 10:37 AM

Sep 2018
Weebover9000 said:
juiccbox said:

Wait if you didn't finish the first season im honestly confused as to why you're in the forums of said anime

It just piqued my interest as I didn’t really like it but then see a forum about it having a super high rated episode later on, it’s making me rethink about brushing it off as something bad. Sorry I sounded salty that’s not the case at all
May 27, 2019 10:37 AM

Sep 2014
changelog said:
This possibility exists. But maybe it will bring some attention to actual fans as well.

juiccbox said:
Why are you in the discussion thread for season 3 then??

The first season largely relies on action and shock. The third has the plot, character developement and those nice things. I always liked AoT, but mostly as a darker action packed show. I cant stand all the stupid comedy in most shounen and all the non consequencs. This was different. However now it really grew on me as something epic. It starts strong and gets stronger over time.

junmisugi said:
Remember that people who don't watch anime also can hit 1 there to "drop" this episode from list. And to be honest with this small number of votes it shouldn't appear there.
It aired just yesterday, lol. I bet it will grow over time. Season 2s episodes have around 4k votes. I would hope this one gets a few more to be more justified at the top. There are other shows with relatively few votes though. You simply cant expect anime to get as much votes as GoT on a western site.
May 27, 2019 10:38 AM

Jul 2012
juiccbox said:

You kinda are missing out some epic stuff here

It's one of the easier animes to marathon too, and the build-ups leading to this season's overarching makes it all worthy as a whole in many regards.

I would personally suggest you to get up-to-date with the anime and enjoy the ride with everybody already, have fun.
May 27, 2019 10:41 AM

Sep 2014
Or wait till season 3 is over since its perfectly bingeable and would work as a long movie so far as well.
May 27, 2019 10:43 AM

Sep 2018
Comander-07 said:
changelog said:
This possibility exists. But maybe it will bring some attention to actual fans as well.

juiccbox said:

The first season largely relies on action and shock. The third has the plot, character developement and those nice things. I always liked AoT, but mostly as a darker action packed show. I cant stand all the stupid comedy in most shounen and all the non consequencs. This was different. However now it really grew on me as something epic. It starts strong and gets stronger over time.

junmisugi said:
It aired just yesterday, lol. I bet it will grow over time. Season 2s episodes have around 4k votes. I would hope this one gets a few more to be more justified at the top. There are other shows with relatively few votes though. You simply cant expect anime to get as much votes as GoT on a western site.

Again, it struck my curiosity. I’m trying to express my amazement as how it got this good.
Danpmss said:
juiccbox said:

It's one of the easier animes to marathon too, and the build-ups leading to this season's overarching makes it all worthy as a whole in many regards.

I would personally suggest you to get up-to-date with the anime and enjoy the ride with everybody already, have fun.

Also nice, maybe after I finish some other shit I’ll give it another chance. It’s been awhile since I’ve even seen it anyways
May 27, 2019 10:49 AM
May 2019
Comander-07 said:
Nim0174 said:

I think rating sites should finally implement a filter for those 1/10 haters. Its not like different opinions yada yada anymore. When 2 thousand people give it a 10, a 1 is just a stupid score, production quality wise alone.

Those haters exist for every show so in theory is should even out, right? No. When a show has 200k ratings, a few hundred or even thousand haters dont matter. Anime isnt that huge. A couple hundred fanboys of GoT (if they still exist after season 8) could influence this score to a huge degree.

I wonder how long it will stay on top. I guess as soon as the western userbase becomes active it will fall to the GoT fans.

Idk, ive been hearing very bad things about GoT season 8 from even the diehard fans
May 27, 2019 10:51 AM

Apr 2019
juiccbox said:
Weebover9000 said:

It just piqued my interest as I didn’t really like it but then see a forum about it having a super high rated episode later on, it’s making me rethink about brushing it off as something bad. Sorry I sounded salty that’s not the case at all

i think u made the right choice
if you don't like the first season you shouldn't watch it
its all about the mystery and if you didnt feel like the mystery of the titans and the world of attack on titan picked your interest in the least then ur better off not watching

if i may ask, why exactly did it bore you?

@Comander-07 as ^ said, GOT fans won't rate 1 because of the huge disappointment that season 8 was, it basically fucked the entire Show

and this is coming from a GOT fan who has read the Books and watched the Show
it was my favourite Show xD
You son of a .. turtle

May 27, 2019 11:05 AM

Apr 2019
its funny how Perfect Game has 6x Votes for a Score of 1 on there
and Hero already has 60x Votes for a Score of 1 now lmao

if you dont have an imdb account, login there with google and vote a 10 ;)))

///
Weighted Average Ratings
IMDb publishes weighted vote averages rather than raw data averages. Various filters are applied to the raw data in order to eliminate and reduce attempts at vote stuffing by people more interested in changing the current rating of a movie than giving their true opinion of it.

The exact methods we use will not be disclosed. This should ensure that the policy remains effective. The result is a more accurate vote average.

i guess it really works to some degree
considering the arithmetic is something like 9,7 and the score is still 10 :D
Nim0174May 27, 2019 11:09 AM
You son of a .. turtle

May 27, 2019 11:26 AM

Sep 2014
Weebover9000 said:
Comander-07 said:

Idk, ive been hearing very bad things about GoT season 8 from even the diehard fans
Because it fucking sucked hard. 8 years down the drain. Atleast we have the books so I dont have to burn all the merch.

@Nim0714 I was a fan and hate it as well, I dont know though if people who loved season 6 wont be pissed about "some anime" being on top though

Got 500 more 10/10 votes in the last hour. Nice. I take all the credit for that.
May 27, 2019 11:50 AM
Nov 2015
no way im letting one of those god damn jap cartoons on the top of my website
May 27, 2019 11:51 AM
Apr 2018
Lol Breaking Bad’s Ozymandias retained a 10/10 rating throughout 5 consecutive years back then, let’s talk when AoT actually can be like that (doubt it). And come on a couple thousands of spamming 10s against hundreds of thousands on the other shows? Lmao
May 27, 2019 11:52 AM

Apr 2019
We are all proud of you @Comander-07
no really, good Job dude. xD
You son of a .. turtle

May 27, 2019 11:59 AM

May 2015
juiccbox said:
Comander-07 said:

Again, it struck my curiosity. I’m trying to express my amazement as how it got this good.
Danpmss said:

Also nice, maybe after I finish some other shit I’ll give it another chance. It’s been awhile since I’ve even seen it anyways

Yeah, I also think you should. I had similar thoughts on 1st season and even hated some stuff, but it wasn't bad and still watchable. It truly shines at season 3 though and now it's one of my favourites. So it is indeed worth catching up to.
May 27, 2019 12:13 PM

Mar 2014
It will gone down eventually, you're just asking for it to happen OP with this thread.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
May 27, 2019 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
Well, of course, Attack on Titan deserves it.
May 27, 2019 12:36 PM

Sep 2018
Delete this, now all the stupid haters of MAL going to downvote in IMDb, thats why IMDb is 1000 times better than MAL, there is not haters or stupid trolls.
I keep moving forward
May 27, 2019 12:37 PM

Mar 2018
Only 2k votes not that impressive when GoT has episodes with 100k+ votes and still maintains its score of 9,9 . GoT has a few thousand haters there too. Episode rating is pointless anyway imo.

@WarFirel Not really plenty of nibbas on IMDB give 1/10 scores to popular series and movies. It's the same as MAL with retarded user reviews too

This season is getting a 9.07 on MAL is far more relevant and impressive
EsquirtitMay 27, 2019 12:40 PM
poop
May 27, 2019 12:50 PM

Jun 2015
Pingu in the City deserved it more.
May 27, 2019 1:24 PM

Sep 2014
sh1nobu said:
no way im letting one of those god damn jap cartoons on the top of my website
Seb94 said:
Lol Breaking Bad’s Ozymandias retained a 10/10 rating throughout 5 consecutive years back then, let’s talk when AoT actually can be like that (doubt it). And come on a couple thousands of spamming 10s against hundreds of thousands on the other shows? Lmao
Took you longer than I had expected. Were you guys busy with something else? Have I accidentally found the sweetspot to be spared of trolls?

@Nim0174 Thank you. You are a good man. This makes me really proud.

@HueyLion @WarFirel If I can make MAL trolls spend a minute or two creating an IMDB account its 1 or 2 minutes of shows here not getting trolled. I see that as an absolute win.

@Kuruga-san you will be happy to see a couple of other AoT episodes in the top

@WarFirel Not really plenty of nibbas on IMDB give 1/10 scores to popular series and movies. It's the same as MAL with retarded user reviews too

@Unowen true, are that even 30 characters?

Esquirtit said:
Only 2k votes not that impressive when GoT has episodes with 100k+ votes and still maintains its score of 9,9 . GoT has a few thousand haters there too. Episode rating is pointless anyway imo.

This season is getting a 9.07 on MAL is far more relevant and impressive
The GoT EPs in question have under 2% 1/10 ratings. AoT was already higher, also its weighted, so we are pretty safe. Besides that we already touched the topic of total votes. 3.5k now.
May 27, 2019 1:29 PM

Jan 2009
once more votes pile up to match the total votes of the second place it will go down
May 27, 2019 1:37 PM

Apr 2019
deg said:
once more votes pile up to match the total votes of the second place it will go down

it won't because everyone who has seen the episode gives it a 10
and the algorithmus weighs the scores, so haters don't affect the score even if they rate it

you can see the score would be 9,6 but the actual score is 10.0 because the weighting algorithm of imdb isn't counting the haters towards the actual weighted score xD

its so funny because the last episode had like 5 votes at a rating of 1 and this one now has over 100 votes for a rating of 1
You son of a .. turtle

May 27, 2019 1:38 PM

Jan 2013
Nim0174 said:
deg said:

it won't because everyone who has seen the episode gives it a 10
and the algorithmus weighs the scores, so haters don't affect the score even if they rate it

you can see the score would be 9,6 but the actual score is 10.0 because the weighting algorithm of imdb isn't counting the haters towards the actual weighted score xD

its so funny because the last episode had like 5 votes at a rating of 1 and this one now has over 100 votes for a rating of 1

Rating something 9/10 is hating now?
lol k
May 27, 2019 1:46 PM

Apr 2019
Correct me if i'm wrong but i think that even on MAL i've never seen an episode get as much 5 out of 5 ratings. Right now its at 96.5% !
Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.
May 27, 2019 2:40 PM

Mar 2012
Ricochet2000 said:

You don't need to be an hater for knows that SnK isn't the best tv show ever, wtf. As good as the episode 5 was.
May 27, 2019 2:52 PM

Jul 2012
HaarWyvern said:
Ricochet2000 said:

You don't need to be an hater for knows that SnK isn't the best tv show ever, wtf. As good as the episode 5 was.

Most of the haters for this show used to attack it more because it was overhyped (and not at all reaching their expectations for all that was told about it) from the start and super popular beyond belief worldwide.

And to be fair, nobody was expecting the end of this arc to actually make the whole content up to that point much better than at first glance before the big twist came by (which made this overhyped thing from back then an actually amazing piece of work overall, in the opinion of the majority of the readers including myself).

This one really benefits of rewatch/reread bonus and of its rich and well established overarching. Episode 5 will actually be overshadowed by the basement portion soon enough anyway, I'm far more curious about both MAL and INDB rates for the episodes covering the final part tbh.
May 27, 2019 3:02 PM

May 2018
FYI:
It's also likely the highest rated episode on MAL right now
With a 96.46% rate of five stars and a mean score of 9.878
The Conviction Arc is even better than the Golden Age Arc.
May 27, 2019 3:33 PM
Aug 2018
juiccbox said:

Why are you sleeping on this page then? Are you aot hater?
May 27, 2019 3:36 PM

Sep 2014
Boot_Leg said:
FYI:
It's also likely the highest rated episode on MAL right now
With a 96.46% rate of five stars and a mean score of 9.878
Kilimini said:
Correct me if i'm wrong but i think that even on MAL i've never seen an episode get as much 5 out of 5 ratings. Right now its at 96.5% !
I have to check the other contenders for this. I know EP 11/12 of A Place Further Than The Universe was insanely high. As well as Code Geass finale and Steins;Gate 23/24. I heard clannad AS was rated very high as well. Any other ideas? 96.5 really might be number 1.

HaarWyvern said:
Ricochet2000 said:

Having a 10/10 episode doesnt mean the entire show is 10/10
May 27, 2019 3:57 PM

Feb 2018
I think it'll go down in within a few months, though not significantly. Maybe down to like a 9.9 or 9.8. There were many shows that hit the 10.0 weighted average (ie. Hannibal, Gravity Falls, Lucifer, etc.), but none of them stayed for as long as GoT or Breaking Bad have
May 27, 2019 4:02 PM

May 2018
Kilimini said:
I have to check the other contenders for this. I know EP 11/12 of A Place Further Than The Universe was insanely high. As well as Code Geass finale and Steins;Gate 23/24. I heard clannad AS was rated very high as well. Any other ideas? 96.5 really might be number 1.

FYI - I did some research and here are some of the results:

Steins Gate 23/24: 92.47% 5 stars and 9.60 mean score
Steins Gate 22/24: 93.11% 5 stars and 9.64 mean score
A Place Further Than The Universe 12/13: 95.37% 5 stars and 9.86 mean score
Clannad AS 18/25: 96.91% 5 stars and 9.84 mean score

Hunter x Hunter 126: 95.29% 5 stars and 9.82 mean score
Hunter x Hunter 135: 95.43% 5 stars and 9.82 mean score
Naruto Shippuden 249: 94.12% 5 stars and 9.78 mean score
One Piece 312: 94.70% 5 stars and 9.84 mean score
Mushishi 12: 92.24% 5 stars and 9.79 mean score
Fullmetal Alchemist 62: 91.64% 5 stars and 9.70 mean score
Fullmetal Alchemist 54: 90.91% 5 stars and 9.71 mean score

Other information:

None of the Code Geass episodes have a 5 star rate over 90%, so I didn't even bother to count them.
NatsuYuu has more than a dozen (holy shit!) 90-percent-5-star episodes (so I won't list them all here), but none surpassed 96%. The highest is 95.49%.
I found an episode with a mean score of 9.89 but I won't tell you where it is.
Boot_LegMay 27, 2019 4:06 PM
The Conviction Arc is even better than the Golden Age Arc.
May 27, 2019 4:12 PM

Jan 2019
Haters can easily bring this episode down without even watching the episode, though. As of now, 276 scored a 3 or below on the episode, and I'm sure almost all of those haven't even watched the episode or even the series as a whole. We'll most likely see a 9.8-9.9 within a few months on "Hero."

Did you know every time you sigh,
a little bit of happiness escapes?

May 27, 2019 4:17 PM

Jan 2013
KinetiX04 said:
Haters can easily bring this episode down without even watching the episode, though. As of now, 276 scored a 3 or below on the episode, and I'm sure almost all of those haven't even watched the episode or even the series as a whole. We'll most likely see a 9.8-9.9 within a few months on "Hero."

No true scotsman fallacy right here.
"No one who actually watched the episode would..." is not logically sound. You're making assumptions, and that's the biggest mistake one can make.
May 27, 2019 4:35 PM
May 2019
Necroshade_ said:
Shingeki no Kyojin confirmed as the most overrated anime ever, this episode was really boring tbh.

I dont know how it was boring, maybe youre just not into the series
May 27, 2019 4:37 PM
Nov 2017
Necroshade_ said:
Shingeki no Kyojin confirmed as the most overrated anime ever, this episode was really boring tbh.
I wouldn't call it overrated at this point. Perhaps it isn't to your taste (which is completely fine, we all have different opinions), but the majority did enjoy it. Factor in the great animation and wonderful ost, this was a solid episode.
May 27, 2019 4:38 PM
Oct 2018
juiccbox said:

Didn't even finish first quarter. Yes you are missing out.
May 27, 2019 4:47 PM
Nov 2017
Necroshade_ said:
Lucette_C said:
I wouldn't call it overrated at this point. Perhaps it isn't to your taste (which is completely fine, we all have different opinions), but the majority did enjoy it. Factor in the great animation and wonderful ost, this was a solid episode.

I have to agree with "great animation and wonderful ost" tho
Glad you agree! :D
May 27, 2019 5:50 PM

Sep 2014
5k votes already. Sadly 6.5% haters. Luckily they dont count for weighted scores.

I hope this gets 10-15k votes at some point
May 27, 2019 5:55 PM

Jul 2012
CondemneDio said:
KinetiX04 said:

No true scotsman fallacy right here.
"No one who actually watched the episode would..." is not logically sound. You're making assumptions, and that's the biggest mistake one can make.

Well, that's a false equivalency fallacy from you right there, the quoted user never once assumed that anyone who actually watched would or would not rate it poorly. Don't call out fallacies if you are going to commit one yourself, pal.
DanpmssMay 27, 2019 6:00 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

548 by ARTisANexplosion »»
Yesterday, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.