Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 20, 2019 2:11 PM
Mar 2018
fukuroodani said:
Honestly, I want Enta to become a Kappa zombie.
And I think he could become one because he is insecure and selfish

Hahaha. I know what you mean. I disliked him from the get-go but then had a change of mind around episode three but I am back on the dislike wagon.
Jun 20, 2019 11:07 PM

Jul 2016
Yay! Reo and Mabu's dance returned.

Enta is pretty skilful at having two faces if I'm honest. I really didn't expect him to be the one who stole the dishes.

Pretty intriguing episode overall.
Jun 23, 2019 4:44 AM

Dec 2016
Figured there would be an episode about balls at some point lol, also man the op and ed of this show are some good shit
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 20, 2019 3:46 AM

Jul 2015
Balls? I accepted the buttocks because that's good, but balls? what the heck, that's a bit too much for me.
The final enemy has appeared it seems, lying otters. Pretty good opponent for our honest kappa's

I think Enta actually went insane after having his ass eaten out too many times by Keppi

Jul 22, 2019 8:32 PM
Jul 2018
Why the hell did they cut transformation so short? Anyway that twist made up for this
Apr 27, 2020 9:39 AM

Aug 2017
Another great episode, I'm glad I decided to read the prequel manga and the tweets from Reo and Mabu before watching this one, it turned out to be perfect timing. Here they are, btw:
http://19.04se.cc/sarazanmai/reomabuarchive/
There's also a useful page with Sara's program transcriptions for easy reference:
http://blog.19.04se.cc/2019/04/sarazanmai-archive-of-saras-text-crawls/
There were lots of references to what Reo and Mabu were doing in the manga, a lot of nice puns (Mabu being a ningyou and Mabu cooking ningyou-yaki; otter-lie aka (kawa)uso-uso parallel) and all that. Giggled that one of the shots showed an air conditioner in the police station, that's important, as manga readers should know. Their relationship is pretty tragic, though. Reo can't accept the new Mabu for being "mechanical" and not the one he knew before (and well that's true, his character IS different), but that may as well be a metaphor for not accepting person as he is now as compared to before. I think it parallels the relationship between Kazuki and Enta, and how the latter perceives the former. Though I can be mistaken because Mabu's case is clearly different from Kazuki's. He still loves Reo (probably, as he tried to say that, presumably).

But let's get to something more happy and lucky, Sara finally found Keppi! Both seem to enjoy each other (understandably so).

I LOVE how Keppi got infuriated again, understanding Japanese puns (with the help of people who actually know Japanese haha) elevates my enjoyment ten levels higher. Posting this site again:
https://www.japanesewithanime.com/2019/05/sarazanmai.html

As for the leaked secret of Enta, I have a suspicion that it's a lie. With all this attention to otter-lie parallels and the amount of time the word "uso" was repeated in the episode, I think that the leaked memory might've been a false one, and all the littering was done by the Otter Empire. Though maybe Enta just IS jealous after all.
It's also interesting how the otter song (now about balls and lies) starts playing while we're seeing Sara and Keppi kissing together...and then disappearing. It is possibly connected to the scene of Reo searching for Keppi on a map - he is his "hope" (supposedly for Mabu's rescue, remember ep. 6 and how happy Reo was to see the photo of Keppi in the factory). The otter scientist also refers to Dark Keppi as "hope" (kibou).
Did Sara help the cops kidnap Keppi for some period of time? Maybe hypnotise him? There's clearly some plan at play here.
St0rmbladeApr 27, 2020 9:47 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2019

314 by Zam2202 »»
Dec 22, 2023 4:15 AM

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2019

186 by thegoishady »»
Aug 7, 2023 7:02 AM

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2019

140 by 3miL »»
Apr 29, 2023 10:06 PM

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2019

70 by nifetiseBOY »»
Feb 11, 2023 5:02 AM

» Is this tagged as yaoi?

FragileGlass - May 6, 2019

12 by Teirayo »»
Feb 25, 2022 3:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.