Forum Settings
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 20, 2019 3:06 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Yep. I knew it that Yotsuba was the one! It all makes sense of how she has been super friendly with Fuutarou since day one and always taking the role of a mediator.

I wonder how the fans would react to this revelation. Unlike the Western fans, she is actually very popular amongst the Japanese fans.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 20, 2019 4:45 AM
Apr 2019
Okay from what I understand
1. Miku kinda backpedalled ? She takes back her confession and played if off as "She loves her sisters" instead after knowing that the sisters helped her. I'm not sure if Negi is trolling and lessen the chance for Miku to be the final girl or Negi is showing us that Miku, after knowing everyone helps her confession, played it off as a tease and wanted to play it fair. Probably another confession by Miku in the future.

2. The first lolikano is revealed to be Yotsuba. While the Rena at the lake and at the mall is Itsuki pretending to be the lolikano Fuuts met in the past. We are still not clear on why Itsuki dressed as Rena. It kinda makes everything complicated. Some people says Itsuki is secretly helping Yotsuba while some think Yotsuba asked Itsuki for help.

This raw chapter just put Miku's character development down to the bottom while Yotsuba enters the race and possibly being the highest chance to be the bride now. God Negi just won't let us Miku Church rest.
May 20, 2019 5:26 AM

Nov 2007
Miku's chances have greatly diminished through the Sister's War arc. I don't really consider her winning this anymore.

Negi has already strangled Ichika's character to death and anything she does now will not affect the neutral fans anymore as her popularity hit rock bottom. And his unfair favouritism of Nino has won her considerable amount of fans but if she is indeed the end girl in his mind, Negi will need a lot of answering to do because everything about the bell kisser has been 180 degrees opposite of Nino's character.

For now, I strongly believe the end girl will be one of the youngest two quints. The way the manga has gone in the recent months, Yotsuba will probably be shot down as well to give way for the eventual winner in Itsuki. Cannot say I will not be disappointed but I guess I can admit that the manga has been fun for the majority of the middle arcs.

Well, that's all I wanted to say.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 20, 2019 5:47 AM
Jul 2018
So basically

Miku framed her confession as "fake" by pointing at the sisters, which embarrassed Fuutarou.
And that Yotsuba met Fuutarou before, probably the first girl. Next arc will be probably Yotsuba's arc then.

At this rate, Itsuki ending is getting more likely. Gonna be hilarious if that happens though lol.
removed-userMay 20, 2019 6:00 AM
May 20, 2019 6:00 AM
Aug 2015
Frostbytes said:
So basically

Miku framed her confession as "fake" by pointing at the sisters, which embarrassed Fuutarou.
And that Yotsuba met Fuutarou before. I think all of them met him anyway, but this sort of explains the Rena thing.

At this rate, Itsuki ending is getting more likely. Gonna be hilarious if that happens though lol.

Did you forgot Nino? Her plans aren't success once since her confession. Maybe @shanimebib is right. Negi is holding for Nino next bomb.
May 20, 2019 6:04 AM
Jul 2018
Big_Boss_13 said:
Frostbytes said:
So basically

And that Yotsuba met Fuutarou before. I think all of them met him anyway, but this sort of explains the Rena thing.

Did you forgot Nino? Her plans aren't success once since her confession. Maybe @shanimebib is right. Negi is holding for Nino next bomb.

I think we will have that too, but these are character and confession arcs so far. Nino might get a small arc about it since her confession arc is already done. Next two huge arcs will be probably Yotsuba and then Itsuki's arcs.
May 20, 2019 6:11 AM
Jul 2018
Does this mean we're finally moving on from Nino, Ichika and Miku to give Itsuki and Yotsuba the spotlight they deserve so they will finally get taken serious instead getting reduced to Eatsuki and Suicide? Nice, I was waiting for this.
May 20, 2019 6:29 AM
Aug 2015
Frostbytes said:
Big_Boss_13 said:

I think we will have that too, but these are character and confession arcs so far. Nino might get a small arc about it since her confession arc is already done. Next two huge arcs will be probably Yotsuba and then Itsuki's arcs.

About Nino, I think she is the only quint one who confessed success to Fuutarou.
Yotsuba, she took her confession as a joke. (but we know it's not a joke because this chapter confirm that she's a real lolikano and really like Fuutarou for a long time)
Ichika, she confessed when disguising Miku.
Miku.... She shoot her leg in this chapter :facepalm:
May 20, 2019 9:43 AM

Jan 2018
Well, I don't see why Miku has to back down but whatever.

Also, don't think that anyone is out of the race yet not even Ichika but that's just my opinion. And I hope it continues that way.

So, It was Yotsuba all along well there are a lot of theories going around of her being the girl who met him 5 years ago but did Itsuki also met him? or is it just Yotsuba and Ichika. Poor Nino though she didn't get a single chance in this arc.

At this point, I only want a harem end. Because I can't see Miku, Nino or even Ichika heartbroken I didn't hate her even after what she did though.
May 20, 2019 9:45 AM
Apr 2019
I don't think Miku shot herself in the foot. More like she saved herself from getting rejected.

I guess this is better than using the dad as an excuse behind the scenes. That would be too cliche.
May 20, 2019 10:13 AM

Mar 2016
I wasn't expecting Miku's confession to be accepted right away, but I'm still a bit disappointed that she had to back down like that.

So, like a lot of people guessed, Yotsuba was the first one to meet Fuutarou huh? Interesting...I'm wondering how this will play out.
May 20, 2019 11:20 AM

Jul 2014
Congintive said:
Well, I don't see why Miku has to back down but whatever.

Also, don't think that anyone is out of the race yet not even Ichika but that's just my opinion. And I hope it continues that way.

So, It was Yotsuba all along well there are a lot of theories going around of her being the girl who met him 5 years ago but did Itsuki also met him? or is it just Yotsuba and Ichika. Poor Nino though she didn't get a single chance in this arc.

At this point, I only want a harem end. Because I can't see Miku, Nino or even Ichika heartbroken I didn't hate her even after what she did though.

Her kissing him and then showing a two page of memories as she walks away from Fuu is a pretty obvious conclusion to her character arc. Keeping her at this point is not a wise decision for neither the characters or the story.
May 20, 2019 11:26 AM

Jul 2014
So the author pretty much decided to hold back Miku's character arc for now and move on for Yotsuba and Itsuki arcs? I can roll with that

May 20, 2019 12:13 PM
Jul 2017
I think that the one who had the best development in terms of romance alone is hands down Ichika till now.
I still feel that she is the one who kissed Fuu in chapter 68. At least if you go psychologically at least.
Man, Nino is getting left out. I guess she must be feeling pretty frustrated since her confession was like soooooo long ago with still no progress. (Like 25 chapters ago).
I hope Yotsuba decides on what kind of relationship she wants with Fuutarou soon.
I have no idea what Itsuki is thinking at all.

I guess I am the minority who thinks that Miku's decision was pretty awesome. Managing to convey her feelings and also stating that she wants the confession to be completely on her own strength.
I hope Ichika onee-san returns from now. Her character is the best written if not the best portrayed.
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
May 20, 2019 8:55 PM
Apr 2019
If Fuutarou really likes someone, it doesn't matter if they have confessed or not. Ppl see him as a prize to be won who is incapable of taking his own actions.

Do you really want to be with someone because you managed to win him/her over when he/she has put in zero effort on their part? You will always be trying to please him, fearing to lose him because you're not good enough, because it's one sided.

Miku withdrew her confession because she wants it to be fair. As far as effort goes, she has already surpassed all the other quints
May 20, 2019 9:04 PM
Sep 2018
Waiiittttttttt. Yotsuba ISN'T irelevant?????????? NANI?
May 20, 2019 9:22 PM
Jan 2009
I know that from long time that yotsuba is hiding something, but if she has her time now, its mean itsuki is the last to have arc. I dont want itsuki ending as bride, Negi come on dont make all people sad and cry šŸ˜­
May 20, 2019 9:53 PM
Apr 2019

The panel with Ichika and all their shared memories was really heartbreaking.

Yotsuba being the no. 1 wingman of all wingman is also really sad.

Yotsuba was nice to him from the beginning but she is naturally nice. But if she already knew it was him they met, then basically Ichika is doing exactly what Yotsuba has been doing from the beginning.

Basically both of them gave him up when they found out Miku likes him.

But Miku didn't do anything wrong. She doesn't know Yotsuba likes him. And for Ichika, she has asked her many times if that's what she really wants and that she doesn't have to go out of her way to help her
May 21, 2019 2:54 AM
Mar 2019
Hope miku lose. So boring and waste of precious panels
May 21, 2019 5:55 AM
Jan 2009
I read complete 86chapter now, and i can say one thing, i really are excited how it will end, yotsuba must be the bride
May 21, 2019 7:24 AM
Apr 2019

I knew this image was suspicious. But her role was so insignificant, I thought the chances were too slim.
May 21, 2019 7:37 AM
Jul 2017
So apparently Itsuki has been Rena this long because of Yotsuba and helping Fuu move on. At least that is what I think. Maybe on the way, Itsuki will end up liking Fuu. However her ending up with Fuu are the strongest since she and Fuu have undergone typical Tsundere situations from harems. If that happens I'm gonna hunt down Negi.

Maybe the next arc will focus on 'What Yotsuba really wants.' I think it will be the opposite of Ichika's arc, focusing on the fact that it's also okay for Yotsuba to be selfish too. She need not hold back just because her sisters also like the same person (Damn, she's so nice! -*Internally man-cries*)

I guess what Ichika said about everything being a lie would mostly signify that she wants to start all over again because of how much Fuu supported her even though he didn't mean to. Or it could be that she wants to become a wingman like Yotsuba and give up on Fuu. The second one seems unlikely but from the way it was drawn....
Kinda feel bad for her but she did deserve it....
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
May 21, 2019 9:19 AM

Nov 2018
guess its time for yotsuba to come into the spotlight :p
May 21, 2019 9:19 AM

Jan 2018
MIKU YOU RUINED IT!!! THIS WAS YOUR ONLY CHANCE!!! NOW TAKE THE CONSEQUENCE AND FUU-KUN WILL BE NINO'S (NINO HAS A CHANCE, WHO ARE YOU CALLING DUMB?)

EDIT: I KNEW IT YOTSUBA WAS RENA ALL ALONG HOLY FUUUUUUUCKKKKK I GUESSED THAT A LONG TIME AGOOOOOOOO
rikunandakedoMay 21, 2019 9:23 AM
May 21, 2019 9:35 AM
Sep 2008
Just stopping by to say this: I told u guys in the 84s chapter discussion, Yotsuba is the one. Just get over it! She was the first to met him, she was the one who kissed him, and she is the best girl by far. She supports her sisters with all her might, even though she may lose Fuutarou. #yotsubateam
May 21, 2019 9:37 AM
Jul 2018
HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!! OMGSH!!! I really didn't want it to be Yotsuba. t_t

AND WHY DID MIKU RUIN IT?!!! THIS WAS HER PERFECT CHANCE!!! t_t t_t
May 21, 2019 9:44 AM
Apr 2015
Well, Miku played smart,a ctually. She knew that her confession would be rejected, so he "didn't charge with no chance of winning". Yet, her trick embarassed Fuutarou, and put him off his stride.
It kind of made me remind manga The World God Only Knows, where the winning girl was the one whose actions protagonist couldn't figure out. So I doubt that Miku is out of the game
May 21, 2019 9:52 AM

Feb 2018
Man I'm glad Miku did what she did, i want her to confess without others help next time.

And so they reconciled, i feel for Ichika she started sinking her own ship now

I knew rena had to be Yotsuba because of her energetic personality. She might get in the race sometime soon.

And i have no idea what negi has in for Itsuki, i Really want an arc for her
May 21, 2019 10:38 AM
Nov 2015
Well, I'm less disappointed than I thought I would be...

And... after this... I'm team Nino now.
felipeliborioMay 22, 2019 6:28 AM
May 21, 2019 11:13 AM
Jan 2017
I don't think most of the females here knows how a dude's mind work. Miku's confession was done with a perfect twist and flair, her not directly saying it made Fuu having second thoughts, which from a dude's angle gets only more intriguing wanting to know more about it.

Miku sending mixed signals will make Fuu even more interested in clearing this shit out, because he was thrown out of his game; he was so confident he was the person Miku liked or so he thought. As far as Fuu's concerned, she got him interested for her. Irl, a chick sending signals like that totally piques a guy's interest.

Yotsuba my oh my, aren't you full of surprises. Oh hey, Itsuki, time for your canon first girl plot arc, don't be late āœŒ
May 21, 2019 12:33 PM

Jun 2015
Looking forward to some more Yotsuba.
:)
May 21, 2019 12:34 PM
Jan 2015
I wasn't the fan of Miku backing off on her confession like that, but it was done in a rather teasing way and i still believe her feelings got across. Nice to see Miku and Ichika reconcile, even though i still feel like Ichika needs to do more to completely redeem herself.

Fuutarou continuous to be a great protagonist as he keeps exceeding expectations for me.

Also the big reveal, Yotsuba is actually Rena. Honestly I don't think the whole Rena thing is gonna play a huge role in the romance department, but hopefully it kickstarts Yotsuba's own character arc. Her and Itsuki both desperately need one.

Also I adored this panel
My Queens

May 21, 2019 1:08 PM
May 2017
Ok i'm quite baffled with this chapter. So this is what i understand :

- Yotsuba is the first Rena Fuu met years ago in Kyoto
- Ichika did also met Fuu in Kyoto but right after he met Yotsuba
- Itsuki is the grown up Rena, the one who rode a boat with Fuu
- Nino and Miku possibly haven't met Fuu at all in the past
May 21, 2019 1:22 PM
Mar 2015
Nice gift and apology for his harsh language.
May 21, 2019 1:29 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Fotsuba is the first girl he met? That's a bit of a curve ball from the mangaka. I suppose he needs to give the 2 youngest sister an arc too because so far they 're pretty underdeveloped. Yotsuba specially.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 21, 2019 2:16 PM

Aug 2009
crimson_fukr said:
Miku's confession was done with a perfect twist and flair, her not directly saying it made Fuu having second thoughts, which from a dude's angle gets only more intriguing wanting to know more about it.

Miku sending mixed signals will make Fuu even more interested in clearing this shit out, because he was thrown out of his game; he was so confident he was the person Miku liked or so he thought. As far as Fuu's concerned, she got him interested for her. Irl, a chick sending signals like that totally piques a guy's interest.

I thought so too! Maybe I just read too much shoujo manga, but the "wait, I thought this person likes me but they may not like me after all, and why am I bothered by it?" trope could potentially work for someone whose affection is taken for granted.
May 21, 2019 2:32 PM
Sep 2018
I think there is a good reason for Miku to back down. If you read closely, you can see that Fuutaro is planning to reply, and it start with a 'but'. If you ready enough romance manga you will know where that will probably end. Miku knows that. She is fairly certain that the time has not yet come. It is still too early, story wise, for her to confess. She knows that Fuutaro knows she likes him, but she doesn't think that Fuutaro thinks her the same why, especially given there are other competitors. If she confessed and Fuutaro rejected her, its game over. Therefore, she saved her own ass rather than shoot her own foot.
May 21, 2019 2:40 PM
Apr 2014
Fuck yes, Yotsuba arc incoming (hopefully)
May 21, 2019 3:17 PM

Sep 2013
Fees like they keep trying to cram in all the twists, and subvert our expectations, to the point where it's not even exciting anymore. It's just things that are happening.
May 21, 2019 4:23 PM

Sep 2012
Congintive said:

Until this chapter, I also thought everyone but Miku and Nino met him at some point but it's not the case anymore. Yotsuba is one and only Rena. Itsuki was faking it and Ichika admitted that she was lying. Maybe MC and Itsuki met and played some games but the Rena we know wasn't her.

OT: Well I think fake confession from Miku makes sense. It wasn't a real confession to begin with so I am happy with that outcome. She needs to change her way.

I am pretty pissed about relationship reset with Ichika but I guess that was the only way for her to start over after her bick fail.

Lastly Yotsuba Arc!!!

May 21, 2019 4:30 PM

Mar 2019
So after the last few chapter build ups Miku just acts like she's messing with him -.- and now it's revealed it was Yotsuba from 5 years ago.
May 21, 2019 5:32 PM
Jan 2017
Swizze said:
So after the last few chapter build ups Miku just acts like she's messing with him -.- and now it's revealed it was Yotsuba from 5 years ago.

Like the other poster said, it was to save her own ass and potential feeling of rejection. Quite something we can all relate to.

Well at this point with all these twists I wouldn't be surprised if Fuutaro is also Rena from the past, cross-dressing and shit calling himself lolitaro. LMAO.
May 21, 2019 5:55 PM
May 2012
Saw that retcon from a mile away. Trying to get miku shippers hyped up, for a moment almost fell for the bait. Kinda already figured that Yotsuba was the OG Rena, looks like the yotsuba arc bout to start and the battle has been reset once again. RIP
May 21, 2019 7:12 PM

Jun 2015
Kinda expected Miku to "fake" her confession. If Negi don't do it, Miku's winning chance will be too damn high.

And now with the story finally approaching Yotsuba's arc (and maybe Itsuki too), the main focus will probably be the childhood moments which was once expected to be Kyoto Trip's plot which turned out to be wrong.

The mysteries unveiled:
1. Who summoned Rena to meet Fuu? or otherwise.
2. Now it's half-confirmed that Yotsuba is the one who spent her childhood time with Fuu the most among other quints. Which will lead to the next question.
3. How does Itsuki knew literally everything about childhood stories between lolikano and Fuu? How did she pulled everything about Rena so "perfectly"?
4. The biggest one is..... Does that mean Yotsuba's confession way earlier in the series was genuine?

Negihack on the roll again...
YosepRAMay 21, 2019 7:17 PM
May 21, 2019 9:40 PM
Apr 2019

"Yeah, I know. But-" Close call right there

Player 4 has entered

Player 1 has left
May 21, 2019 10:16 PM
Sep 2011
So it turned out that Yotsuba was the true Rena. Some things are falling into place. Itsuki did all that because she was interested in the relationships between Fuutarou and the sisters and whether Fuutarou could be trusted. This disguising as a fake Rena is like when she disguised as Ichika in the ski trip chapter.
May 21, 2019 10:34 PM
Dec 2018
YosepYRA said:
Kinda expected Miku to "fake" her confession. If Negi don't do it, Miku's winning chance will be too damn high.

And now with the story finally approaching Yotsuba's arc (and maybe Itsuki too), the main focus will probably be the childhood moments which was once expected to be Kyoto Trip's plot which turned out to be wrong.

The mysteries unveiled:
1. Who summoned Rena to meet Fuu? or otherwise.
2. Now it's half-confirmed that Yotsuba is the one who spent her childhood time with Fuu the most among other quints. Which will lead to the next question.
3. How does Itsuki knew literally everything about childhood stories between lolikano and Fuu? How did she pulled everything about Rena so "perfectly"?
4. The biggest one is..... Does that mean Yotsuba's confession way earlier in the series was genuine?

Negihack on the roll again...

Wait are you dont see the last panel it was clearly yotsuba approaching itsuki while she became rena so yotsuba already tell itsuki whats happen in the past. So what i get it was yotsuba planning something and the objective is not clear. Why yotsuba make itsuki as rena and not herself especially it need to reveal her past to itsuki or it will become like ichika. I think Yotsuba and itsuki arc will become one because this revealing make itsuki progress become a total zero cause rena past is from yotsuba.
May 22, 2019 12:06 AM
Apr 2019

Is Miku clinging onto Fuutarou's arm? Seems a little too close for them to be like that.
If Itsuki wins, there would be a riot. Fans don't seem to mind Yotsuba winning.
Looks like the suicide squad has risen and are tired of playing support.
Whoever the bride is, I hope it's a decision not influenced by fans or the editor.
May 22, 2019 1:03 AM

Sep 2018
Even tho Miko played it like she likes him and her sisters, she's 100% right to say that Fuutarou is not so dense.

And are we finally getting the Yotsuba arc? Cant wait for her to get time to shine... :D
well that's just my opinion.....
May 22, 2019 1:14 AM

Mar 2015
you guys ditch me when i said yotsuba will play bigger role since she always prioritize other over her self in best waifu thread. who is now laughing boys?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 4 Discussion

ichii_1 - Oct 13, 2017

6 by Matheus050 »»
Nov 24, 2023 7:40 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 60 Discussion

Congintive - Oct 31, 2018

34 by MeCuMint »»
Oct 16, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 47 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Oct 21, 2018

7 by MeCuMint »»
Oct 1, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 44 Discussion

badbass55 - Dec 25, 2018

7 by MeCuMint »»
Sep 30, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 88 Discussion ( 1 2 )

shanimebib - Jun 3, 2019

50 by FreedomCanned »»
Sep 28, 2023 1:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.