Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
May 2, 2019 2:13 PM
Dec 2018
FireFistYK said:
most people who go to every episode thread and write that it's harem bait have probably never seen a harem.

A blush doesn't equal = I want to have this dudes kid
if that the case there was a sceene this ep where melty got all blush and squirm towards fitoria, she must be one thirsty loli lesbian
May 2, 2019 3:45 PM

Jul 2015
fitoria a qt
a qt! best gril in dis anime
May 2, 2019 4:09 PM

Sep 2018
Aniteku said:
and guess whos going to be...

The one who didn't get Megumin-ed :P
May 2, 2019 4:43 PM

Mar 2019
Yawn the after credits was the only interesting part. What was the filo queen gonna do if naufumi was like "yeah I'll talk it out with them". She was gonna be like "oh well this is awkward.. But I actually want to test filo out to see it she'll be the next queen" lol. This show use to be better.
May 2, 2019 8:00 PM

Mar 2019
VeryLTTP said:
thiago52192 said:
Will the show ever focus again on the hate of the character towards the royal family, or this is gonna be a loli harem bait for the rest of the episodes?

Fitoria is about to drop Naofumi off to the nearest hero next episode.

A member of the harem is still part of this although can not follow the protagonist everywhere, as with the Sword Maiden in goblin slayeror all the girls that Touma finds around the world and they fall in love with him and do not return them to see after of 100 chapters
May 2, 2019 8:12 PM

Oct 2017
Would like it if Fitoria joined Naofumi's party too.
May 2, 2019 9:33 PM

Sep 2018
Reddmart said:
A member of the harem is still part of this although can not follow the protagonist everywhere, as with the Sword Maiden in goblin slayeror all the girls that Touma finds around the world and they fall in love with him and do not return them to see after of 100 chapters

One major difference.

Sword Maiden actually has romantic feelings for Goblin Slayer. When she couldn't see him at the Autumn Festival, she got all pouty about it. Fitoria, on the other hand, doesn't exhibit romantic feelings towards Naofumi.
May 2, 2019 9:45 PM

Oct 2017
I don't think I've ever laughed so much at a fight scenes as much as I did for the trial.
May 2, 2019 11:21 PM

Jan 2019
Aniteku said:
FireFistYK said:
most people who go to every episode thread and write that it's harem bait have probably never seen a harem.

if that the case there was a sceene this ep where melty got all blush and squirm towards fitoria, she must be one thirsty loli lesbian

^^^^This x 100000000
Heck, If we ignore first episode, some people could end up thinking that Naofumi may even be gay from what we know.
If you think about it he doesn't even show any sort of romantic interest for any of the girls. He see them more as daughters than anything else.

Not only the people on this forum don't seem to understand what harem animes are but also they probably don't even understand what a real harem is.
May 3, 2019 12:18 AM

Dec 2016
rieihdius said:
^^^^This x 100000000
Heck, If we ignore first episode, some people could end up thinking that Naofumi may even be gay from what we know.
If you think about it he doesn't even show any sort of romantic interest for any of the girls. He see them more as daughters than anything else.

Not only the people on this forum don't seem to understand what harem animes are but also they probably don't even understand what a real harem is.

Naofumi doesn't show romantic interest in any female characters by design to increase his edge and coolness factor. It's a cheap device to make him more appealing as a self insert. This is nothing new when it comes to generic protagonists.

Even though he is seen as attractive to many women, he forces them to pursue him, increasing his perceived desirability. It shows that he has the luxury of being choosy with his romantic partners, which in turn increases his own market value as a target of romantic interest.

The fact that most of the female characters in the show do not actually show romantic interest in him is irrelevant; the effect is the same. Basically, all the fanboys can self-insert as a Chad who has his pick of the women, but is so desirable that he can literally reject all of them without jeopardizing his ability to get quality pussy at any time.
May 3, 2019 12:51 AM

Sep 2017
I liked the first 3 episodes, but now its looks like everyone joining the naofumi sama harem. Only thing i lastly remembered was glass, it need to pick up the seriousness was shown on those first 3 episodes.
May 3, 2019 1:55 AM
Mar 2019
Aniteku said:
FireFistYK said:

I don't mind if the lesbian fitoria is as long as he is in the form of a small loli, not as an adult as he is now
May 3, 2019 2:02 AM
Mar 2019
KatsutoSaki said:
Would like it if Fitoria joined Naofumi's party too.
I hope so too, there will be loli bait everywhere, but it is impossible for Fitoria to be too OP so it will not give Raph and Filo the chance to act
May 3, 2019 2:09 AM
Mar 2019
RaiRye said:
Something intrigued me, the king said that the heroes cannot work together as that would inhibit their growth but Fitoria said it would instead be essential to be working together. Is this just one of the king's way of trying to fuck everybody up?
the king does not lie weapons 4 heroes do reject each other, which is why they practice themselves individually so that it will not inhibit the growth of the level, the meaning of the word fitoria is that the heroes must work together when facing waves like the third wave before facing soul-eating monsters and glass
LukesterryMay 3, 2019 2:14 AM
May 3, 2019 2:50 AM

Jan 2019
papsoshea said:
rieihdius said:

^^^^This x 100000000

You don't understand what a harem is. People like you have a hard time understanding the difference between a harem anime and an anime with a harem.

Not sure what you mean with "people like you..." seem like you are trying to label me in some unknown group of people.

Actually I do understand what the real meaning of the word "harem" and I am pretty sure it is not what is depicted in most of animes regardless of the show being "harem anime" or an anime with a harem. Thing is that even tho anime is japanese, the way in which most of animes depict those harems is actually the same way in which western culture imagine it, but in a more comedic way.
The Word Harem (حريم) not only makes reference to a group of females related to a Man, it also can makes reference to the place in which those women reside. This at least from a midle east perspective which is actually the place from where the real word is. Harem anime most of the time depict the harem almost as the relationship between a Sultan from the past and his multiple concubines, but as I said before in a more comedic way. While that aproach is not completly incorrect it is also far from being what the harem really is.

If we are going to use the logic that you seem to be using, and by this I mean an anime "with" a harem, then any show which contain several females along with one male lead would be considered to have a harem. We could even apply that logic to real life and say that a dude that work in a place surrounded by women then is also in a harem if he is the only man. Or a regular guy that lives with his wife, his mother and also his sister then could also have his own harem, after all he would be surrounded by females only, and if we take into account that in some cultures Harem just make reference to place where the female members of the family reside, that would not be completly wrong, still taking that aproach don't seem reasonable in this particular case.

The reason why I don't see pretty much any sort of harem elements in this show is mainly due the relation between the male MC with the females, and also what most animes tend to depict as a harem, this regardless of the anime being %100 harem or not.

SSL443 said:
rieihdius said:
^^^^This x 100000000

Naofumi doesn't show romantic interest in any female characters by design to increase his edge and coolness factor. It's a cheap device to make him more appealing as a self insert. This is nothing new when it comes to generic protagonists.

Even though he is seen as attractive to many women, he forces them to pursue him, increasing his perceived desirability. It shows that he has the luxury of being choosy with his romantic partners, which in turn increases his own market value as a target of romantic interest.

The fact that most of the female characters in the show do not actually show romantic interest in him is irrelevant; the effect is the same. Basically, all the fanboys can self-insert as a Chad who has his pick of the women, but is so desirable that he can literally reject all of them without jeopardizing his ability to get quality pussy at any time.

I do agree with you that most likely the MC doesn't show interest in the females to increase his Edge and coolness factor.

However when you say: "Even though he is seen as attractive to many women, he forces them to pursue him, increasing his perceived desirability. It shows that he has the luxury of being choosy with his romantic partners, which in turn increases his own market value as a target of romantic interest."
I think you are overthinking it a bit. The guy doesnt really have a herd of females chasing him like animals in heat. While is true that he have Powers and a magical shield, he is not considered the strongest guy. He is also hated by good amount of people who believe that he is a rapist and a creep.

The only female that seems to display true romantic interest is Rapthalia. Filo said something at some point too if I am not wrong, but I would not take her words seriously.
Also you last statement seem to be missing one big point.
Considering that the guy was accused of being a rapist, not only women would avoid him like the plague, but also there is a big chance that he gained a lot of insecurity about himself and even lose interest in women in general seeing most of them as evil. A Chad usually is a charming guy. While Naofumi may be seen as badass and edgy by many, he is not charming in a romantic way.
May 3, 2019 4:22 AM

Dec 2015
SSL443 said:
rieihdius said:
^^^^This x 100000000

The fact that most of the female characters in the show do not actually show romantic interest in him is irrelevant; the effect is the same.

Pretty much. I actually thought that was obvious, but the number of people trying to deny it has amazed me.

Also, "harem bait" is suposed to be not 100% like an actual harem anime. All they need to do is having a male protagonist, surrounded by a lot of girls in his group, and the plot focus a lot in his relationship with those girls, baiting part of the audience into shipping those girls with the MC. Of course, storywise is definitely weird ship most of those characters, but the target audience of those baits are the shippers, and as we all know, most of them doesn't care about the plot, and only care about shipping "best girl" with MC.
BetterTasteMay 3, 2019 4:26 AM
May 3, 2019 6:34 AM

Jun 2017
The Chicken fight was quite good, Fitoria against Filo, and Filo passed and earned a cowlick, lol. Fitoria must be proteccted, she cute.

Also, I loled at the end when Itsuki and Ren got hit by a MOAB. I just knew it right away that Myne did that shit.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
May 3, 2019 6:46 AM
Jun 2017
that last scene, who did that to sword and archer hero?

and regarding this episode, its all about filo's appointment as queen... and naofumi has new shield...

im excited for next weeks episode...
May 3, 2019 6:55 AM

Jul 2007
Great episode!

Kinda confused on one part though, she mentions each hero is usually summoned to different continent, yet also demands they all work together. That seems to be pretty contradictive.
May 3, 2019 6:58 AM

Mar 2019
VeryLTTP said:
Reddmart said:

One major difference.

Sword Maiden actually has romantic feelings for Goblin Slayer. When she couldn't see him at the Autumn Festival, she got all pouty about it. Fitoria, on the other hand, doesn't exhibit romantic feelings towards Naofumi.

ok sir let's say that only this girl is not part of the harem, but it does not matter because they come more on the way.
May 3, 2019 7:15 AM

Feb 2016
A wasted filler episode; narration is bad, background music is bad. The plot is a stray cat now. I am not sure if this is a harem bait, since none of those girls are attractive but polite. and the main hero looks 'lost' to me. The series should get it together.
May 3, 2019 8:07 AM

Dec 2016
rieihdius said:
The only female that seems to display true romantic interest is Rapthalia. Filo said something at some point too if I am not wrong, but I would not take her words seriously.

As I said, the presence of girls with actual romantic interest is irrelevant. So to an extent is the in-world situation of the rape accusation; note that none of the female characters who are closest to Naofumi ever seemed to take the rape accusation seriously, if they even knew about it to begin with. Regardless, what matters is how Naofumi is perceived by the audience.

thiago52192 said:
Pretty much. I actually thought that was obvious, but the number of people trying to deny it has amazed me.

Also, "harem bait" is suposed to be not 100% like an actual harem anime. All they need to do is having a male protagonist, surrounded by a lot of girls in his group, and the plot focus a lot in his relationship with those girls, baiting part of the audience into shipping those girls with the MC. Of course, storywise is definitely weird ship most of those characters, but the target audience of those baits are the shippers, and as we all know, most of them doesn't care about the plot, and only care about shipping "best girl" with MC.

People are taking the strongest definition of a harem and claiming that, because Shield Hero doesn't fit that definition, any parallels with harem or harem bait are invalid. Obviously, a strawman argument.
May 3, 2019 8:37 AM

Oct 2008
Last scene > BOOM! = this is not good!
anywayz, the episode was just a trial to test Filo, as the next Fiolial queen!
Fitoria blushing was moe cute adorable of her! and Naofumi patting Fitoria was just heart warming!
can we think that the other 2 heroes are now fodders?
5/5.

May 3, 2019 9:49 AM
Dec 2018
@SSL443
@papsoshea

sorry but that isnt what sounded like when people called harem in the old posts. It sounded more has people call it harem just becouse it has isekai tag. And i believe that just becouse mc has all girls in party doesnt mean its one ether. I am a ffxiv player and most the times when im in a dungeon i get all female members, so does that give the right for people to call out that i have a harem? It will only insult the women in the party. This show still has a lot of men in it the other 3 heroes ,the king, the slave trader, blacksmith guy, the noble nice guy and later that guy with the scyth from the op

But to be honest i really dont care anymore i just feel like people using the word harem just becouse it pisses the fan off
May 3, 2019 11:59 AM
Dec 2018
This is exacly what this anime cummunity is and its sad
May 3, 2019 12:36 PM

Jan 2019
@papsoshea
As I said before I am aware of the difference. Still, in order for a group of females to be considered a harem in an anime, said group of females need to have some sort of romantic interest towards the male, but also the male needs to reciprocate at least in a mínimum way. Also there need to be at least a small chance for polygamous relationship, even if that is not put as a fact almost never it is almost always made look that there is potential for the dude to end up with multiple wifes. Or at worst case the male picking up one girl among the many. That is way I can't see the goup of females at this anime as a harem. It has nothing to do with anime being a harem anime or not. I am talking about the group of females in this anime. To be fair tho, I feel that this show could be seen as "harem bait" indeed like someone else was saying in other post.

Also about your second point talking about Glass: I do remember what she said, but I saw that more as she praising the guy for being the strongest and more capable of the 4 heroes. That dosn't really mean that he is the strongest guy ever. It is more that the other 3 heroes being lazy and incompetent. Remember that during first episode at least one of the hereos believes that he is in an online game, so of course they are not gonna take the whole thing seriously. Also having a lot of people helping the other guys gives them less stuff to be worried about.

If you really gonna see an average isekai badass hero you can easily find him in shows like Kenja no Mago:https://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=36407
In that show the kid is close to a god. He kills a demon while being a child, he display powers close to the level of a DBZ character while testing his magic, he is a master at all sort magic. He easily kills the first villian during the 2nd or 3rd episode and he almost kills an OP villian by the 4th one.

What can I say about Death March: https://myanimelist.net/anime/34497/Death_March_kara_Hajimaru_Isekai_Kyousoukyoku
In that case the MC is also close to a god level, he just hide it most of the time.

It seems to me that most of people hating on the shield hero episode after episode due having bad writing or the MC being a generic one are the ones not even paying attention. Takes this last episode as a clear example. Close to the end of the episode there is this chat between the shield hero and Fitoria, that dialog end with her puting her head in the guy's lap and him patting her head. This is taken by both fanboys and haters of the anime as "harem content" or "new waifu" and stuff like that. Problem is that most of them conveniently ignore:
- The context of the conversation.
- The flashbacks that Fitoria had during that conversation.
- The face that she made when the guy pet her.
A person don't need to be a genius to understand that Fitoria was remembering the guy who raised her. So she most likely went full emotional at that moment.

@SSL443
From a "harem" perspective it is not. As I said to the other person there need to be some sort of romantic aproach from both sides and with multiple girls in order for the group of females to be considered a Harem.
Could be taken as "harem bait" as someone else replied to you?
Yes, but that could be applied to pretty much all modern animes with multiple females and one dude.

Also regardless of both of you liking or hating the show, you should keep in mind that this anime is an Isekai. Expecting an Isekai to be a master piece of literature to the level of something writen by Tolkien or some other known book autor is overreacting.
I can't deny the show have multiple flaws like many others, flaws like the ugly cgi as example. But the amount of hate that some people still seem to dedícate to this anime is way too much.
May 3, 2019 12:52 PM

Feb 2019
These episodes feel like fillers because they really did not help at all since: Filo did not develop as a character did not learn anything in this fight is still a character without more character than being an archetype of sweet and pretty girl.
We did not get much information even though the Fitoria knew a lot about the hero, Nao could have asked questions, but he did not,
The whole scene of threat to the heroes resulted in a farce to prove to Filo that as I said it only served to demonstrate his brute strength
The worst of all is that although the party of the MC is small these have not had a good characterization or an arc dedicated to them because everything in is making a big effort to make naofumi to look good.
May 3, 2019 2:02 PM

Dec 2016
rieihdius said:
It seems to me that most of people hating on the shield hero episode after episode due having bad writing or the MC being a generic one are the ones not even paying attention. Takes this last episode as a clear example. Close to the end of the episode there is this chat between the shield hero and Fitoria, that dialog end with her puting her head in the guy's lap and him patting her head. This is taken by both fanboys and haters of the anime as "harem content" or "new waifu" and stuff like that. Problem is that most of them conveniently ignore:
- The context of the conversation.
- The flashbacks that Fitoria had during that conversation.
- The face that she made when the guy pet her.
A person don't need to be a genius to understand that Fitoria was remembering the guy who raised her. So she most likely went full emotional at that moment.

No, a person doesn't need to be a genius to understand that Fitoria is remebering the former shield hero responsible for raising her. A person also doesn't need to be a genius to see that this conveniently places the MC high in her regard. Ultimately we are left with yet another female character who has rapidly developed a close bond with the MC, despite the fact that he has the personality of dry toast. Just like many other generic protagonists.

@SSL443
From a "harem" perspective it is not. As I said to the other person there need to be some sort of romantic aproach from both sides and with multiple girls in order for the group of females to be considered a Harem.
Could be taken as "harem bait" as someone else replied to you?
Yes, but that could be applied to pretty much all modern animes with multiple females and one dude.

Yes, and many modern animes are harem bait. In other words, it's pedestrian and unimaginative, which is the point of the criticism. If "harem" as a genre were a picture-puzzle, shield hero would be missing a corner and parts of the sky. All the other pieces are there. Again; the important thing is showing the success of the MC with female characters, from the perspective of him being a generic self-insert. I already explained that his lack of reciprocation is by design and irrelevant from the perspective of the audience.

Also regardless of both of you liking or hating the show, you should keep in mind that this anime is an Isekai. Expecting an Isekai to be a master piece of literature to the level of something writen by Tolkien or some other known book autor is overreacting.

But I never laid out any standard by which I'm judging the show, I merely pointed out what the flaws were. A story doesn't need to be a masterpiece in order to have compentent writing. There's also no reason that an isekai couldn't be a masterpiece. The logic does not follow.
SSL443May 3, 2019 2:05 PM
May 3, 2019 3:08 PM

Sep 2018
Reddmart said:
ok sir let's say that only this girl is not part of the harem, but it does not matter because they come more on the way.

Moving the goal posts, eh?

SSL443 said:
People are taking the strongest definition of a harem and claiming that, because Shield Hero doesn't fit that definition, any parallels with harem or harem bait are invalid. Obviously, a strawman argument.

It's not a strawman when they base their definition off of how harem series usually go: multiple (usually more than 2) female characters having a romantic interest in the MC and most of the female characters being introduced early.
May 3, 2019 4:21 PM
Dec 2017
In my view, this is the worst episode in the series so far. All that shitty test and as usual protagonist pass the test through their shitty will power. The unconditional love in the last scene because of his past master which was a shield hero. All those hollow threats make it more like a comedy anime which is far from what we had seen till now.
May 3, 2019 4:24 PM

Nov 2014
This is the most ragequitty Anime I have seen in years.

I hate ALL the characters but strangely can’t stop.
May 3, 2019 7:16 PM

Feb 2018
aqexpredator said:
Alright, so if Loli Queen here is so powerful, where has she been during the waves? She seems to care a lot about saving the world, but tells Naofumi that he HAS to reconcile with the others and do all the work. Did I miss the part where she explains why she isn't assisting with her power, because it seems incredibly self-centered. The show is really trying to force character development compared to the start, where it was very natural. I've felt since shortly after the fight against the Spear Hero that something hasn't been right and I think this is it.. Also Melty is once again a hinderance, Aqua has a competitor for most useless girl.

I'm enjoying this show less and less. Hope they actually manage to subvert my expectations, because I'm losing interest.

As boring as it was, you need to rewatch ep16. She tells him about the other waves, and threatens to kill him.
May 3, 2019 7:16 PM
Feb 2009
oh man did fitoria just join in the harem lol
May 3, 2019 7:30 PM

Feb 2018
Can anyone tell me why its so important for Filo to maintain clothes during the fight?

And importing Megumin into this series would raise it from 4 to 9.
May 3, 2019 10:14 PM
Dec 2018
Dashiva761 said:
Can anyone tell me why its so important for Filo to maintain clothes during the fight?

And importing Megumin into this series would raise it from 4 to 9.
naofumi said something about using her mana to increase its defence, she is using magic clothes (ep6)
May 4, 2019 5:51 AM

Aug 2015
Yes, it really shows Filo's loyalty (also she's so cute T_T). Enjoyed this episode, can't wait for the next one. ♥
May 4, 2019 8:12 AM

Feb 2018
some poor sod had to voice that filolial going KHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENGH
May 4, 2019 10:20 AM

Apr 2019
By hater's logic Grimgar is a Harem because we have Yume, Shihoru and Mary on his party. Also Inuyasha is a harem because Inuyasha has Kagome and Sangou (Tho she has Miroku already) as his party member and also add Kikyou. Also Noragami is a harem also we have Hiyori, Kofuku, Bishamon and Nora surrounding Yato.

Those anime that I mentioned are really good (Except Grimgar, that anime is a snorefest) and almost no one is saying "Harem Bait" to those shows. Almost all isekais abuse the harem troupe while this show doesn't, did anyone see some boob grabbing and incredible boob physics in SH?

What's really good in SH is, the story is really straightforward and the writer is really good of using each character's perspective. Example, in the latest episode, Fitoria said to Naofumi "Did you try enough to clear your name?", that line shows her lack of knowledge and sympathy on Naofumi's situation in Melromarc.

Another Example is Motoyasu siding to Malty, because he has this White Knight attitude anyone who hurts a girl will become his enemy, and what Naofumi is accused of is RAPE! The worst crime that you will be able to do with women. Motoyasu siding with the Kingdom and Malty is really good writing and consistent characterization.

Another one is Ren and Itsuki slowly realizing the real situation is, but they need more proof to find the truth.

There is more scenes that are well written in this series but haters are always haters so they will ignore all of them.
May 4, 2019 11:45 AM

Nov 2011
I see that people are arguing over the definition of harem and what constitutes an anime being a harem anime and what doesn't.

Anyways, decent episode. Not as bad as the last few, which is nice
May 4, 2019 11:56 AM
Dec 2018
CodeDoubleSeven said:
By hater's logic Grimgar is a Harem because we have Yume, Shihoru and Mary on his party. Also Inuyasha is a harem because Inuyasha has Kagome and Sangou (Tho she has Miroku already) as his party member and also add Kikyou. Also Noragami is a harem also we have Hiyori, Kofuku, Bishamon and Nora surrounding Yato.

Those anime that I mentioned are really good (Except Grimgar, that anime is a snorefest) and almost no one is saying "Harem Bait" to those shows. Almost all isekais abuse the harem troupe while this show doesn't, did anyone see some boob grabbing and incredible boob physics in SH?

What's really good in SH is, the story is really straightforward and the writer is really good of using each character's perspective. Example, in the latest episode, Fitoria said to Naofumi "Did you try enough to clear your name?", that line shows her lack of knowledge and sympathy on Naofumi's situation in Melromarc.

Another Example is Motoyasu siding to Malty, because he has this White Knight attitude anyone who hurts a girl will become his enemy, and what Naofumi is accused of is RAPE! The worst crime that you will be able to do with women. Motoyasu siding with the Kingdom and Malty is really good writing and consistent characterization.

Another one is Ren and Itsuki slowly realizing the real situation is, but they need more proof to find the truth.

There is more scenes that are well written in this series but haters are always haters so they will ignore all of them.
thats the thing they have no logic like most people that dislike an anime that has a fanbase they just throw the word "bad writing" with no reason behind it. And im starting to see most people are not even getting the plot of this show, they seams to think this show is about mc revenge against the kingdom.

The show sure has some flaws and theres ben some quotes and changes the anime did away from the LN
AnitekuMay 4, 2019 12:10 PM
May 4, 2019 1:25 PM
Apr 2016
Aniteku said:
thats the thing they have no logic like most people that dislike an anime that has a fanbase they just throw the word "bad writing" with no reason behind it. And im starting to see most people are not even getting the plot of this show, they seams to think this show is about mc revenge against the kingdom.

The show sure has some flaws and theres ben some quotes and changes the anime did away from the LN

What plot? it s been a few episodes without plot. Can you tell me how the plot progressed in the last episodes?

last time there was a plot naofumi needed to upgrade his class. where are we now?
May 4, 2019 1:51 PM

Dec 2016
Franck_Nicolas said:
What plot? it s been a few episodes without plot. Can you tell me how the plot progressed in the last episodes?

last time there was a plot naofumi needed to upgrade his class. where are we now?

Uh, uh, well let's see. First they were going to upgrade their class, then the queen wanted to meet them, then they ran into trouble with the fat Akame ga Kill villain, then they ran into the loli chicken...

That counts as plot right?
May 4, 2019 2:37 PM
Dec 2018
SSL443 said:
Franck_Nicolas said:

Uh, uh, well let's see. First they were going to upgrade their class, then the queen wanted to meet them, then they ran into trouble with the fat Akame ga Kill villain, then they ran into the loli chicken...

That counts as plot right?
yes it does. they where going to other country to get class upgrades but then find out that the border was close off and impossible to cross, so they where forced with only one option, To meet with the queen in hopes that if naofumi lets melty explain her what ben going on that maybe the queen would let his party to get thouse upgrades. While all this happen you can clealy see that a 2nd power (the church) is doing everything to stop them becouse guess what, the other 3 heroes who they love so much that they even started a religion after them are going around messing up everything while the shield the devil of they religion is being praised by the common people. Where no plot here?
May 4, 2019 3:12 PM
Apr 2016
Aniteku said:

yes it does. they where going to other country to get class upgrades but then find out that the border was close off and impossible to cross, so they where forced with only one option, To meet with the queen in hopes that if naofumi lets melty explain her what ben going on that maybe the queen would let his party to get thouse upgrades. While all this happen you can clealy see that a 2nd power (the church) is doing everything to stop them becouse guess what, the other 3 heroes who they love so much that they even started a religion after them are going around messing up everything while the shield the devil of they religion is being praised by the common people. Where no plot here?

I don t see any progress in the story.
He still needs to upgrade his class, meet the queen, be friends with the other heroes. They just launched these facts at our faces but no progress was made since five episodes at least.

So there s still no plot in my opinion. I don t remember all this bland part in the manga...
Franck_NicolasMay 4, 2019 3:17 PM
May 4, 2019 3:32 PM
Dec 2018
Franck_Nicolas said:
Aniteku said:

He still needs to upgrade his class, meet the queen, be friends with the other heroes. They just launched these facts at our faces but no progress was made since five episodes at least.

So there s still no plot
the progress is that naofumi is learning more about this world and the things he is going to have to do, remember he has no clue about this world he doesnt have a guide that tells him how he going to survive becouse if he dies he dies for good theres no reset for him. That one the things i like about the mc he trying to be carefull and smart about this. Let me give ya an exemple imagine if fitoria dint warn naofumi that he needs the other heroes help. We all know that naofumi would never try to work with other heroes so he going to do everything alone with his party. We knowing that the other heroes are weak we can probably see them die 1 by 1 leaving naofumi all alone againt a boss that really require the power of the 4 heroes . And besides fitoria did say that if 1 of the heroes dies the wave will increase its difficulty.
May 4, 2019 5:00 PM

Apr 2019
Aniteku said:
Franck_Nicolas said:

So there s still no plot
the progress is that naofumi is learning more about this world and the things he is going to have to do, remember he has no clue about this world he doesnt have a guide that tells him how he going to survive becouse if he dies he dies for good theres no reset for him. That one the things i like about the mc he trying to be carefull and smart about this. Let me give ya an exemple imagine if fitoria dint warn naofumi that he needs the other heroes help. We all know that naofumi would never try to work with other heroes so he going to do everything alone with his party. We knowing that the other heroes are weak we can probably see them die 1 by 1 leaving naofumi all alone againt a boss that really require the power of the 4 heroes . And besides fitoria did say that if 1 of the heroes dies the wave will increase its difficulty.

They don't know the plot so just ignorr them, they didn't even know that the plot is moving really fast in the background just because of those last scenes in the last 2 episodes. And those are paralleled to the scenes with Fitoria which the plot is moving slower than its counterpart.

They are expecting progress and yet they didn't saw it, it's really ironic. I know what will they say at this point " The story is not interesting enough/is a mess to notice those" and that is straight up BS. Are they really watching it as a whole? Or they just fast forward it every episode just to gave an opinion? I don't know anymore.

Self insert character is a really broad, let's say Gon in HxH, Subaru in Re Zero, The protag of Gurren Laggan, Yato in Noragami. The characters that I mentioned are self inserts and yet almost no one is ranting about them.
CodeDoubleSevenMay 4, 2019 5:17 PM
May 4, 2019 5:41 PM
Feb 2019
@VeryLTTP
@CodeDoubleSeven
@Aniteku

I feel like you are all original source reader too. I really, really don't understand why you reject the harem element of the show so much. What is so bad about harem, why should you be ashamed to admit that the show has many many harem elements. I love harem elements when all the good waifu get good endings

The WN is a harem and you guys knew that. The result of the LN is unknown so the best bet is to rely on the WN and the author original purpose. The manga, anime definitely, definitely feel harem, much more so than SAO.

I feel like your posts are very misleading and only fuel not only hatred from anti-fan but also create a lots of future anti-fan who feel betrayed when they realize that this show has harem element

@Demyx_IX, you are the most reasonable source reader of shield hero, you have the power to moderate this conversation

@SSL443
@papsoshea

You two either very dislike the show or the some of the fans. I have no right to silence your free speech, and I think a lot of criticism is valid. That being said, I feel like you guys totally dismiss a lot of potential of the show. The soundtrack is good, the animation is colorful and the revenge story is quite entertaining. It also put isekai in a different light and justify why a character must grow stronger. There are couple of elements that are worthy of praise. This might be the first WN the author wrote, and as he/she wrote originally, it was just fan fiction. So, giving the credit when credit is due is important.
May 4, 2019 5:43 PM

Sep 2018
likemanga said:
@VeryLTTP
@CodeDoubleSeven
@Aniteku

I feel like you are all original source reader too. I really, really don't understand why you reject the harem element of the show so much. What is so bad about harem, why should you be ashamed to admit that the show has many many harem elements. I love harem elements when all the good waifu get good endings

The WN is a harem and you guys knew that. The result of the LN is unknown so the best bet is to rely on the WN and the author original purpose. The manga, anime definitely, definitely feel harem, much more so than SAO.

I feel like your posts are very misleading and only fuel not only hatred from anti-fan but also create a lots of future anti-fan who feel betrayed when they realize that this show has harem element

There will be an actual harem, but that happens really far into the series. However, as of now, the main character doesn't have a harem yet.
May 4, 2019 5:47 PM
Feb 2019
VeryLTTP said:
likemanga said:
@VeryLTTP
@CodeDoubleSeven
@Aniteku

There will be an actual harem, but that happens really far into the series. However, as of now, the main character doesn't have a harem yet.

Yes that is what I try to say

As a source reader, it is your responsbility to warn people about the harem. Manage the right expectations.

For example, in Nisekoi, the MC finally choose a girl. It is still a harem anime. In the WN, shield finally pick multiple girl when at first he didn't pick anyone. Why try to defend that the show is not a harem? Instead, I think defending on other elements like politics of the story, world building, writing is much more legit. Defending that this is not a harem is like rejecting the fabric of the story

You might want to defend for Filo being the exception (anime kinda screw this up too) but definitely not defend for Melty or Fitoria( kinda side character but it has the vibe) as part of harem
likemangaMay 4, 2019 5:55 PM
May 4, 2019 6:24 PM

Apr 2019
likemanga said:
@VeryLTTP
@CodeDoubleSeven
@Aniteku

@Demyx_IX, you are the most reasonable source reader of shield hero, you have the power to moderate this conversation

@SSL443
@papsoshea

You two either very dislike the show or the some of the fans. I have no right to silence your free speech, and I think a lot of criticism is valid. That being said, I feel like you guys totally dismiss a lot of potential of the show. The soundtrack is good, the animation is colorful and the revenge story is quite entertaining. It also put isekai in a different light and justify why a character must grow stronger. There are couple of elements that are worthy of praise. This might be the first WN the author wrote, and as he/she wrote originally, it was just fan fiction. So, giving the credit when credit is due is important.

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not a source reader as I stated on my previous posts, I didn't even know that this series has a harem. On the anime I don't see any harem in this one just minimal use of tropes of the said genre. I was ready to trash this anime but I was wrong.

From what I saw in the anime and those rants about it is really inaccurate and asspulls just to hate the series. And also this is not about a revenge story based on Naofumi's reaction and decision on Episode 13. If he wants revenge he will fight them out of anger without any hesitation.

Even if you try to mediate the situation it doesn't change the fact that this series has a lot of haters just because it's an ISEKAI. They throw bad writing on the series because the author didn't reveal the motives of the antagonists, and that's BS
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

544 by FuchsiaBC »»
Yesterday, 7:43 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2019

242 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 26, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

271 by Der_Body »»
Apr 26, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 26, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

195 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 26, 7:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.