Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 23, 2019 2:16 AM

Jan 2018
As someone who's read both the novel and the manga, I'm really confused about this. The entire plot is different! The preview just confused me, I thought I was linked the wrong video. I'll watch it either way, but they're just making their own anime under the same name as the novel for more people to watch it, I guess.
Jun 17, 2019 4:29 AM
May 2014
Thorf said:
As someone who's read both the novel and the manga, I'm really confused about this. The entire plot is different! The preview just confused me, I thought I was linked the wrong video. I'll watch it either way, but they're just making their own anime under the same name as the novel for more people to watch it, I guess.
the real turn-off for me is that its CGI
"ya know what.... maybe HxH is fine staying exactly as it is in stasis. maybe we don't always need an ending" —manDboogie
Jul 6, 2019 1:32 PM
Apr 2016
Thorf said:

Clearly a modern take heavily (if not entirely) based on the symbolism of the original story. Which is good, Polygon Pictures have proven themselves to be capable in shifting the paradigm the right way.
Re:formed
Jul 29, 2019 10:31 AM

Aug 2018
Yup, what the guy above said. This seems a revisited look on the classic that No Longer Human is. CGI looks terrible but I am somehow interested on this (really loved the manga and I am looking forward to buy the novel).
Aug 1, 2019 8:24 PM
Feb 2015
Just watched this at Fantasia Festival in Montreal, it's very loosely based on the novel - like an above comment said. CGI-wise while there's still a bit of jankiness, Polygon pictures has done a pretty good job overall, it's got really nice action scenes. Plot-wise... I supposed they're going for of an allegorical take on Ningen Shikkaku ;)
Sep 27, 2021 1:00 PM

Jan 2020
I read the synopsis and I am immensely confused. Granted, I only read the 1st volume of Junji Ito's re-imagining of Osamu Dazai's work and haven't actually read Osamu's novel. But.. this is nothing like what I read. What in the world? Am I crazy right now, or is that what I'm actually seeing? I mean.. jeez no wonder everyone seems to hate this movie.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Human Lost: Ningen Shikkaku Episode 1 Discussion

djmintlaw - Oct 18, 2019

21 by abystoma2 »»
Mar 28, 1:06 AM

» New PV

MOna-Dazai - May 3, 2019

7 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Nov 15, 2019 2:09 AM

» In Showa 111, I was disqualified as a human

MOna-Dazai - Mar 23, 2019

5 by WinterEnlighten »»
May 3, 2019 1:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.