Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2019 11:46 AM

Oct 2017
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Damn I need more Hina chapter but oh well. I guess we're going to see a shogi match between Kiriyama and this Azusa guy. Smith addresses him as Azunyan is pretty cute tho, I wonder if that's intentional as K-On reference or not.
Mar 13, 2019 12:19 PM

May 2016
Kiriyama's smiling free and easy, so I'm assuming she replied in kind...... ;' )

Azusa seems to have a very "young" soul, one that worries more about trivial crap than anything substantive. He seems to be butthurt that he's no longer the latest Thing, though being a 6-Dan B-2 at 21 is being no slouch in his own right.

His wishing that Tanaka mess with Kiriyama's head or spill coffee on his shirt is laughable, considering all the crap Rei has been through in lis life.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Mar 13, 2019 12:42 PM

Apr 2014
Relatively boring chapter, even among the chapters with other perspectives. Placement also felt a little odd, since the shift from 'cute romance' to 'salty guy complaining' was pretty sudden. Looks like we won't get to see anything about Hina for the next few chapters, since this one is part one of a mini-arc. Well, at least we'll get more of Rei from the next one, even if it isn't from his perspective - that could be rather interesting.
Mar 13, 2019 1:54 PM
Jul 2014
Looks like Umino-sensei decided to take it slow with Rei and Hina, which is completely fine with me.

But gosh, this chapter was a harsh cut compared to recent chapters.
Mar 13, 2019 2:17 PM
Mar 2015
Poor guy At 21 he is yesterdays news
Mar 13, 2019 8:57 PM

Oct 2014
I was hoping for more chapters like previous one but this one was not bad.
Mar 15, 2019 7:00 AM

Sep 2018
I would've loved seeing more of Hinas reaction but ok i guess we have to wait some chapters for it...
I really like Azusas attitude so far and i doubt that this shogi match will be "just" a shogi match

-Mullerio-Apr 3, 2019 10:37 AM
Apr 3, 2019 8:44 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Interesting new character, namely Azusa, here!

Seeing his monologues at the start was a little ‘kiddish’-like of sorts but I somewhat get him. Some of these idioms and puns in English even on first glance can really be bewildering, after all lol, but that of course wasn’t the point. Lol @ his delusions on Tanaka throwing Rei off his pace, I really hope he gets to understand Rei’s character through their upcoming battle because Rei’s just been through so much that he doesn’t even have a slightest clue regarding. Really curious to know how those 3 minutes will go xD and looks like Rei’s in a good mood so I just have to wonder if it’s because of Hina’s reply, hmm~

Anyway, looking forward to the next Chapter! I hope we don’t spend too much time here and go back to the main focus of Hina x Rei. Transition between that to this though, got to say, was a bit off at first but I’m fine with Umino-san taking her time and beating around the bush here as long as there won’t be too many chapters in between.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 10, 2019 10:59 AM

Oct 2015
Well, that was a rather abrupt cut. This Azunyan guy seems very obsessive about everything. I kind of understand his feelings about being outshined and immediately cast aside though. It is a harsh word and the treatment may feel discouraging but the guy's going overboard.
Apr 27, 2020 4:39 AM

Oct 2014
*sees comments about Hina and Rei*
ahh, now everyone can feel how I feel about Shimada and Akari =w=
Mar 4, 2021 8:43 AM
Dec 2018
Awww and I thought we would get to see the aftermath of rei's confession to hina. oh well.. :(

More topics from this board

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion Chapter 207 Discussion

Seiign - Yesterday

2 by Rexnihilo »»
Yesterday, 3:01 PM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion Chapter 206 Discussion

tywhoppity - Mar 21

3 by Ranxomare »»
Apr 7, 8:56 AM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion Chapter 205 Discussion

Jabpi - Dec 7, 2023

7 by blinddig »»
Mar 14, 6:04 AM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion Chapter 204 Discussion

tywhoppity - Nov 10, 2023

2 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 16, 7:46 AM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion Chapter 203 Discussion

tywhoppity - Oct 26, 2023

4 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 16, 7:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.