Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 10, 2019 11:12 PM
Mar 2018
I was reading 105th-107th chapter of rave master the other day. And I noticed that the fish riders, mermaids etc. are in Rave too. But those aspects came in One Piece way later. Many aspects of Rave are copied by One Piece.
As for Fairy Tail,The older version of shanks had no similarities with gildarts. The redrawn/reanimated version of shanks that appeared in marineford had that resemblance. But gildarts first appeared in FT manga chapter 166 which was published in Jan 11,2010 but the redrawn shanks appeared in March 23,2010. That means gildarts had that facial design first. So, if anyone is accused of ripoff, it would be One Piece, not Fairy Tail.
Just because one piece is better, most people claim that FT is a ripoff. But in truth, they are both inspiring each other.

Edit. As I was reading the fight of Drew in Rave, I also noticed that the Dark Dark Fruit power of Blackbeard is inspired from Drew's power.
katharsis_3173Mar 12, 2019 1:11 AM
Mar 11, 2019 1:51 AM

May 2015
There's deluded and then there's this.
Mar 11, 2019 6:47 AM
Feb 2017
That's the stupid article I've ever seen
Mar 12, 2019 1:08 AM
Mar 2018
Silly_Boy said:

Every word I said is logical
Mar 12, 2019 5:59 AM

Nov 2012
EMP-511 said:
Silly_Boy said:

Fishman Island and the mermaids were first mentioned in chapter 69 of OP, which was published even before Rave even started.
Mar 12, 2019 7:29 AM
Aug 2018
Not true. Camie first introduction was in chapter 195, in a cover story, which was released in August 20 2001. The chapters that you mentioned had released later.
Mar 12, 2019 7:53 AM
Mar 2018
SuperRed said:
EMP-511 said:

Fishman Island and the mermaids were first mentioned in chapter 69 of OP, which was published even before Rave even started.

But the mermaids and starfish and fish riders were never seen
Mar 12, 2019 7:55 AM
Mar 2018
Really_Doe said:
Not true. Camie first introduction was in chapter 195, in a cover story, which was released in August 20 2001. The chapters that you mentioned had released later.

And what about mermaid village? It is clearly a Rave ripoff
Mar 12, 2019 8:42 AM

Nov 2012
EMP-511 said:
SuperRed said:

But the mermaids and starfish and fish riders were never seen

And so what? Those things are a staple of fantasy adventures where aquatic areas are part of the world. It's been a long time since I finished Rave, but nothing about the mermaids reminded me of Fishman Island besides both having mermaids.
Mar 12, 2019 9:39 AM
Jul 2018
Give us the photos then
Mar 13, 2019 1:24 AM
Mar 2018
Zeruk said:
Give us the photos then

Read Rave yourself. Everything of Mermaid's Peril arc is copied by one piece
Mar 13, 2019 5:18 AM
Jul 2018
EMP-511 said:
I was reading 105th-107th chapter of rave master the other day. And I noticed that the fish riders, mermaids etc. are in Rave too. But those aspects came in One Piece way later. Many aspects of Rave are copied by One Piece.
As for Fairy Tail,The older version of shanks had no similarities with gildarts. The redrawn/reanimated version of shanks that appeared in marineford had that resemblance. But gildarts first appeared in FT manga chapter 166 which was published in Jan 11,2010 but the redrawn shanks appeared in March 23,2010. That means gildarts had that facial design first. So, if anyone is accused of ripoff, it would be One Piece, not Fairy Tail.
Just because one piece is better, most people claim that FT is a ripoff. But in truth, they are both inspiring each other.

Edit. As I was reading the fight of Drew in Rave, I also noticed that the Dark Dark Fruit power of Blackbeard is inspired from Drew's power.

Camie first appeared in One Piece chapter 195 in a cover picture underwater.

Redrawn Shanks first appeared in Chapter 96 when he got news of Luffy's bounty

Also, I haven't read Rave Master but from what I got from the Wikia, One Piece's Fishman Island and Rave's Mermaid Peril are 2 completely different arcs

As for Drew's power, from what I read in the Wikia, is only similar to Blackbeard's power, Drew's power is gravity while Blackbeard's is more like an absorbtion, "consumed by the void" type of thing, because I don't think gravity absorbs and spits things out
removed-userMar 13, 2019 5:28 AM
Mar 13, 2019 5:35 AM
Mar 2018
Gythia said:
EMP-511 said:

Also, I haven't read Rave Master but from what I got from the Wikia, One Piece's Fishman Island and Rave's Mermaid Peril are 2 completely different arcs

As for Drew's power, from what I read in the Wikia, is only similar to Blackbeard's power, Drew's power is gravity while Blackbeard's is more like an absorbtion, "consumed by the void" type of thing, because I don't think gravity absorbs and spits things out

No, the shanks that appeared in chapter 96 did not have any resemblance to gildarts, instead he was covered in shadow

Just read mermaid peril arc, you will see how it inspires Fishman Island arc

And as for drew's power, he absorbed Musica, just like Blackbeard absorbed the impel down marines
Mar 13, 2019 5:40 AM

Jan 2013
Yea no.
Just, no.

I think the real thing to draw attention to would be how Fairy Tail is just rehashed Rave.
Mar 13, 2019 5:45 AM
Mar 2018
CondemneDio said:
Yea no.
Just, no.

I think the real thing to draw attention to would be how Fairy Tail is just rehashed Rave.

At least Mashima didn't rip other mangas like OP did, he used same types of stories in manga
Mar 13, 2019 6:09 AM

Jan 2013
EMP-511 said:
CondemneDio said:
Yea no.
Just, no.

At least Mashima didn't rip other mangas like OP did, he used same types of stories in manga

You talk a lot of shit for someone who doesn't prove his points.
Mar 13, 2019 6:15 AM
Mar 2018
CondemneDio said:
EMP-511 said:

Look into the mangas yourself if you think I talk shit. Everything i said is logical.
Mar 13, 2019 7:19 AM
Jul 2018
EMP-511 said:
Gythia said:

No, the shanks that appeared in chapter 96 did not have any resemblance to gildarts, instead he was covered in shadow

And as for drew's power, he absorbed Musica, just like Blackbeard absorbed the impel down marines

Ok, then look at the Shanks in the cover for Volume 25, or the Shanks in the volume, Chapter 234 Page 15.

For Drew's power, fair enough I guess, but we haven't seen the full potential of Blackbeard's DF.

And for the Mermaid Peril Arc, I'm reading it right now, just know that I have never read a single chapter/page of Rave Master before
Mar 13, 2019 7:54 AM
Jul 2018
EMP-511 said:
Zeruk said:
Give us the photos then

Read Rave yourself. Everything of Mermaid's Peril arc is copied by one piece
You made the accusation, so duty to give evidence fall on you
Mar 13, 2019 8:15 AM
Aug 2018
Also, "The older version of Shanks had no similarities with Gildarts" What?

The reason why they're so similar is the hairstyle and color, facial hair, cape, the way that they're portrayed... If they hadn't had all these similarities in the first place, you wouldn't have thought about that.

The designs in Fairy Tail are heavily influenced by the designs and art of One Piece.

So if you want to criticize someone, criticize Mashima.
OxybuzzMar 13, 2019 8:18 AM
Mar 13, 2019 8:34 AM

Nov 2016
EMP-511 said:
CondemneDio said:

Look into the mangas yourself if you think I talk shit. Everything i said is logical.

Saying "Go read it yourself" or "Do your own research." when people are asking for your arguments, and sorry to break it to you, IS NOT AN ARGUMENT. The moment you say that is when you lose all your credibility and people will stop caring about the point you want to make even if its a good one. It makes it clear that your are saying stuff for the sake of pissing off others and thats not cool.

Also, No. Fishman Island Wasn't inspired by Rave. Oda plans stuff way ahead of time before they happen. I really doubt he would look at other Mangaka's work to make his own. Most of the stuff that you say overlap are timeless fantasy tropes used for underwater settings.

On the whole Shanks situation, 2 Months are not enough to redesign a character. Oda probably spent a lot of time designing a Older version of Shanks. Maybe even Mashima designed Gildarts to look like an Older Shanks, henceforth looking like the real older shanks revealed at Marineford. Who knows really.

I don't know a lot about drew but from the descriptions I have read of his powers his powers remind me more of Echoes Act 3 from JoJo part 4 Diamond is Unbreakable than it reminds me of Blackbeard, Drew and Echoes Being able to control gravity (Tell me if I'm Wrong here since IDK)
GokaiKingMar 13, 2019 8:38 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2019 8:46 AM
Jul 2018
Gythia said:
EMP-511 said:

Ok, then look at the Shanks in the cover for Volume 25, or the Shanks in the volume, Chapter 234 Page 15.

For Drew's power, fair enough I guess, but we haven't seen the full potential of Blackbeard's DF.

And for the Mermaid Peril Arc, I'm reading it right now, just know that I have never read a single chapter/page of Rave Master before

Ok, now going to list the differences between Fishman Island and Mermaid Peril
1. Setting, Fishman Island were never destroyed

2. Problem, in Rave, the problem is that the village got destroyed. In One Piece, the main problem is racism towards fishmen. Hody's actions are wrong but he's also a victim of racism.

3. Main Character. Haru, or Rave Master has a duty and that's to save the world, so helping is the natural thing to do.
As for Luffy, he doesn't give a fuck. Notice how every arc in One Piece where Luffy saves something, it's always because of some kind of help being requested(Vivi, Dalton, etc.) or if one of his crewmates is in trouble(Nami-Arlong, Robin-WG, etc.). Other than that, Luffy doesn't care, remember during Jaya arc when Luffy arrived on the island and Blackbeard's crew was killing people left and right? Luffy did nothing. He just strolled down the streets looking for food.
In this case, it's both. He's trying to free his captive crewmates, helping Shirahoshi and helping Jinbei with his request. If Luffy was put in that position where the Mermaids INSISTED Luffy to stay out of their business, he would, only when Nami/Sanji/someone asks him to help does Luffy help.

Other than that, there's 0 noticeable similarity, Rave Master was fighting vs some Ogre Demon organization thing and Luffy was fighting vs Hody.

Also, for the mermaid slavery thing, Luffy doesn't care either, there were tens of mermaids being sold at the auction that day but the only one he saved was Camie, because she was an acquaintance, although to be fair Rayleigh saved the rest.
Mar 13, 2019 9:03 AM
Mar 2018
Afloo said:
EMP-511 said:

Saying "Go read it yourself" or "Do your own research." when people are asking for your arguments, and sorry to break it to you, IS NOT AN ARGUMENT. The moment you say that is when you lose all your credibility and people will stop caring about the point you want to make even if its a good one. It makes it clear that your are saying stuff for the sake of pissing off others and thats not cool.

Also, No. Fishman Island Wasn't inspired by Rave. Oda plans stuff way ahead of time before they happen. I really doubt he would look at other Mangaka's work to make his own. Most of the stuff that you say overlap are timeless fantasy tropes used for underwater settings.

On the whole Shanks situation, 2 Months are not enough to redesign a character. Oda probably spent a lot of time designing a Older version of Shanks. Maybe even Mashima designed Gildarts to look like an Older Shanks, henceforth looking like the real older shanks revealed at Marineford. Who knows really.

I don't know a lot about drew but from the descriptions I have read of his powers his powers remind me more of Echoes Act 3 from JoJo part 4 Diamond is Unbreakable than it reminds me of Blackbeard, Drew and Echoes Being able to control gravity (Tell me if I'm Wrong here since IDK)

I'm saying that when One Piece brings plot with many similarities from Rave, Ft, people try to cover OP up with lame excuses like what you made. When Shanks had resemblance, people like you are saying that Oda plans way ahead, but when Mashima brings resemblance, people start calling Ft and Rave ripoffs. It's not fair. Just because OP is way more popular, that doesn't mean it can take any inspirations. But Fairy Tail is always accused of ripping off one piece, even though FT is not.
Mar 13, 2019 9:13 AM

Jan 2013
EMP-511 said:
CondemneDio said:

Read em both, and I do not buy your tinfoil-hat theory even a bit.
Mar 13, 2019 11:49 AM

Nov 2012
EMP-511 said:
Afloo said:

I'm saying that when One Piece brings plot with many similarities from Rave, Ft, people try to cover OP up with lame excuses like what you made. When Shanks had resemblance, people like you are saying that Oda plans way ahead, but when Mashima brings resemblance, people start calling Ft and Rave ripoffs. It's not fair. Just because OP is way more popular, that doesn't mean it can take any inspirations. But Fairy Tail is always accused of ripping off one piece, even though FT is not.

Let's just agree accusing authors of ripping each other off is stupid and leave it at that.
Mar 14, 2019 12:14 AM
Mar 2018
SuperRed said:
EMP-511 said:

Let's just agree accusing authors of ripping each other off is stupid and leave it at that.

Agreed with your point
Mar 14, 2019 12:21 AM

Nov 2011
Rave > One Piece >> Fairy Tail
One Piece will be better if it didn't waste time to boring arcs about Luffy beating every antagonists, but instead more focused to Robin's search of truth and other world building story.. Luffy is boring, but Natsu who clearly copied him is even worse ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Mar 14, 2019 12:31 AM
Mar 2018
Jim_Heart said:
One Piece will be better if it didn't waste time to boring arcs about Luffy beating every antagonists, but instead more focused to Robin's search of truth and other world building story.. Luffy is boring, but Natsu who clearly copied him is even worse ...

If you put it that way, then Luffy is a copy of Goku. Natsu is not a copy
Mar 14, 2019 12:34 AM

Nov 2011
EMP-511 said:
Jim_Heart said:

Natsu is even copied Luffy's face, and like everyone said Gildartz copied Shanks design too.. It's quite clear to me that FT's artwork greatly influenced by OP ...
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Mar 14, 2019 12:43 AM
Mar 2018
Jim_Heart said:
EMP-511 said:

Natsu is even copied Luffy's face, and like everyone said Gildartz copied Shanks design too.. It's quite clear to me that FT's artwork greatly influenced by OP ...

I made it clear in this post that the design of Gildarts came first and then the redrawn shanks. And natsu's face came from Haru and Let from Rave master
Mar 14, 2019 12:53 AM

Nov 2011
EMP-511 said:
Jim_Heart said:

I made it clear in this post that the design of Gildarts came first and then the redrawn shanks. And natsu's face came from Haru and Let from Rave master

I don't agree.. I read it when Gildarts first appear in the manga, and from the first moment I saw him I remembered Shanks.. I don't know about redrawn, Shanks looks same to me.. If that is not enough, Gildarts also lost his hand right ?
Haru and Let are cool guys, to me Natsu is more similar to Luffy than to them.. Natsu also have a same method to defeat his enemy in every arcs with Luffy, that is with nakama power thing.. Haru is special person in his world from the very beginning, he is th only Rave Master, but Natsu was only an ordinary mage from FT, it is just beyond me to see him defeat strong main antagonist for every arcs, just like Luffy ...

Edit: Yeah maybe I messed up the time about Shanks and Gildarts because how close the time of their (Gildarts and redrawn Shanks) appearance.. But their designs, from hair, clothes to their lost hands are too similar.. Oh, and also I remember Gildarts's first appearance scene is similar to the scene when Shanks met Whitebeard.. I didn't check the time but I believe that Shanks met Whitebeard was (far) before Gildarts's first appearance ...
Jim_HeartMar 14, 2019 1:03 AM
Mar 16, 2019 6:40 AM

Feb 2015
Didn't Shanks already have his new designs when he met Whitebeard after the Enies Lobby arc? That was around 2004-2005 if I remember correctly. Fairy Tail didn't start until 2006 and Gildarts wasn't introduced after ~160 chapters in.
Mar 16, 2019 7:30 AM
Mar 2018
Gildarts is designed after Greylee from Monster Hunter Orage.
Mar 21, 2019 9:39 AM

Nov 2018
Jim_Heart said:

roflmao, ok lets put it this way:

Thinking that Naruto, Bleach or Hero Academia are better than One Piece is merely shit taste.
But thinking Rave, Fairy Tail or Black Clover are better than One Piece is a clear case of mental illness. ;)

Sorry dude, but when it comes to writing alone One Piece curbstomps Rave. And I am talking about long-term storytelling. There is just no competition.
Mar 21, 2019 7:25 PM

Jan 2015
anilogXoXo said:
Jim_Heart said:

Thinking that Naruto, Bleach or Hero Academia are better than One Piece is merely shit taste.
But thinking Rave, Fairy Tail or Black Clover are better than One Piece is a clear case of mental illness. ;)

Sorry dude, but when it comes to writing alone One Piece curbstomps Rave. And I am talking about long-term storytelling. There is just no competition.

Well, how pretentious from a cringe-worthy entity bragging about tastes. I might see the patterns of a child repeating what grown-ups are saying. Let me help you get back into reality... and not even with arguments :

I can somehow blatantly tell you don't even know a thing about writing and stuff. One piece has terrible writing. Even Hero Academia is better in this department. Be more careful.
I can also tell you didn't understand a thing through your trip on Ginga Eiyuu. You just watched it because of the hype behind in order to give credit to your tastes. Were you titillated by your ego?

Sorry, it was just random guesses for exposure purpose. Deal with it! Btw, if you truly want to improve your tastes, there's always one place to go: Jojo's Bizarre Adventures, it would help.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Mar 21, 2019 8:39 PM

Nov 2016
MockingEntropy said:
anilogXoXo said:

Well, how pretentious from a cringe-worthy entity bragging about tastes. I might see the patterns of a child repeating what grown-ups are saying. Let me help you get back into reality... and not even with arguments :

I can somehow blatantly tell you don't even know a thing about writing and stuff. One piece has terrible writing. Even Hero Academia is better in this department. Be more careful.
I can also tell you didn't understand a thing through your trip on Ginga Eiyuu. You just watched it because of the hype behind in order to give credit to your tastes. Were you titillated by your ego?

Sorry, it was just random guesses for exposure purpose. Deal with it! Btw, if you truly want to improve your tastes, there's always one place to go: Jojo's Bizarre Adventures, it would help.
I think you are the one trying to sound cool here. The Other one is just a Newbie who just doesn't know any better...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2019 10:35 PM

Nov 2011
anilogXoXo said:
Jim_Heart said:

I mentioned what is wrong with One Piece and you just said something vague about taste and writing and mental illness.. Can you even speak clearer ?
Mar 21, 2019 10:37 PM

Aug 2015
Lol I thought this was going to be a rant about the recent fan service scenes with Nami, instead is a really weird comparison.
Jul 13, 2019 7:52 AM
Jul 2018
CondemneDio said:
EMP-511 said:

Read em both, and I do not buy your tinfoil-hat theory even a bit.

You're in delusional if you believe Oda didn't rip off other mangas
EMP-511 is correct and you are wrong
oh and also didn't Oda rip off Disney?
He did. but you *fans* ignore it
I may be a fan of both but when I see problems I don't *stay* silent
Jul 13, 2019 7:57 AM
Jul 2018
Pakumen- said:
Lol I thought this was going to be a rant about the recent fan service scenes with Nami, instead is a really weird comparison.

There is nothing weird about it
EMP-511 is telling the truth , If you aren't going to believe then what are you doing here?
Jul 13, 2019 8:01 AM
Jul 2018
Jim_Heart said:
EMP-511 said:

I don't agree.. I read it when Gildarts first appear in the manga, and from the first moment I saw him I remembered Shanks.. I don't know about redrawn, Shanks looks same to me.. If that is not enough, Gildarts also lost his hand right ?
Haru and Let are cool guys, to me Natsu is more similar to Luffy than to them.. Natsu also have a same method to defeat his enemy in every arcs with Luffy, that is with nakama power thing.. Haru is special person in his world from the very beginning, he is th only Rave Master, but Natsu was only an ordinary mage from FT, it is just beyond me to see him defeat strong main antagonist for every arcs, just like Luffy ...

Edit: Yeah maybe I messed up the time about Shanks and Gildarts because how close the time of their (Gildarts and redrawn Shanks) appearance.. But their designs, from hair, clothes to their lost hands are too similar.. Oh, and also I remember Gildarts's first appearance scene is similar to the scene when Shanks met Whitebeard.. I didn't check the time but I believe that Shanks met Whitebeard was (far) before Gildarts's first appearance ...

Gildarts came first redrawn shanks came later Shanks was nothing like Gildarts in the begining
and Gildarts has lost 1 arm *And* a leg Not just one arm which you forget
Natsu is closer to Haru than to Luffy..
Jul 13, 2019 8:05 AM
Jul 2018
Really_Doe said:
Also, "The older version of Shanks had no similarities with Gildarts" What?

The reason why they're so similar is the hairstyle and color, facial hair, cape, the way that they're portrayed... If they hadn't had all these similarities in the first place, you wouldn't have thought about that.

The designs in Fairy Tail are heavily influenced by the designs and art of One Piece.

So if you want to criticize someone, criticize Mashima.

You're wrong Fairy Tail's art are closer to Rave Master not to the art of One Piece
Gildarts lost an arm and *LEG* Shanks didn't lose leg did he? No.
Gildarts came first and redrawn Shanks came later
Jul 13, 2019 8:18 AM
Jul 2018
Gythia said:
Gythia said:

Ok, now going to list the differences between Fishman Island and Mermaid Peril
1. Setting, Fishman Island were never destroyed

2. Problem, in Rave, the problem is that the village got destroyed. In One Piece, the main problem is racism towards fishmen. Hody's actions are wrong but he's also a victim of racism.

3. Main Character. Haru, or Rave Master has a duty and that's to save the world, so helping is the natural thing to do.
As for Luffy, he doesn't give a fuck. Notice how every arc in One Piece where Luffy saves something, it's always because of some kind of help being requested(Vivi, Dalton, etc.) or if one of his crewmates is in trouble(Nami-Arlong, Robin-WG, etc.). Other than that, Luffy doesn't care, remember during Jaya arc when Luffy arrived on the island and Blackbeard's crew was killing people left and right? Luffy did nothing. He just strolled down the streets looking for food.
In this case, it's both. He's trying to free his captive crewmates, helping Shirahoshi and helping Jinbei with his request. If Luffy was put in that position where the Mermaids INSISTED Luffy to stay out of their business, he would, only when Nami/Sanji/someone asks him to help does Luffy help.

Other than that, there's 0 noticeable similarity, Rave Master was fighting vs some Ogre Demon organization thing and Luffy was fighting vs Hody.

Also, for the mermaid slavery thing, Luffy doesn't care either, there were tens of mermaids being sold at the auction that day but the only one he saved was Camie, because she was an acquaintance, although to be fair Rayleigh saved the rest.

And you can keep being delusional all you want it won't change the fact Oda ripped a lot of Rave Master manga
you guys *support* a huge copycat which you're well aware of but you *fans* Ignore things and act like Oda didn't copy anything
Jul 13, 2019 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

Gildarts came first redrawn shanks came later Shanks was nothing like Gildarts in the begining
and Gildarts has lost 1 arm *And* a leg Not just one arm which you forget
Natsu is closer to Haru than to Luffy..

Ah, come on.. Shanks had already looked like Gildarts at least since his meeting with Whitebeard.
Even if that is not true, the same design and color of Gildarts and Shanks are just real (red hair, black robe). And I already mentioned Gildarts first scene is also similar to Shanks's scene when he visited Whitebeard (although there is possibility this was just a coincidence in Mashima, because he wanted to make a big scene for Gildarts's first appearance). And honestly the difference of one leg doesn't mean much in this case.
Jim_HeartJul 13, 2019 9:54 AM
Jul 13, 2019 10:46 AM

May 2018
It's funny to see deluded one piece fanboys trying to defend this by ignoring facts.
Jul 13, 2019 11:30 AM
Feb 2012
one fact is that Shanks appeared in chapter 434 in November 2006

https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Chapter_434
Jul 13, 2019 12:20 PM

Sep 2018
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

And you can keep being delusional all you want it won't change the fact Oda ripped a lot of Rave Master manga
you guys *support* a huge copycat which you're well aware of but you *fans* Ignore things and act like Oda didn't copy anything

I've read both Rave and One Piece. LMAO, One Piece is wayyy more of a rip off of Shaman King than Rave Master. It's because Oda worked with Hiroyuki(the creator of shaman king) as an assistant on Kenshin before both their series were ever published, and Oda mentions he holds Hiroyuki in high regard. Shaman Kings cast consists of diverse characters,
Yoh - Japanese,
Ren, Chinese,
Lyserg - England,
Fuast - German,
Hao & The Patch - Native American

and in One Piece, Luffy is Brazilian, Zoro is Japanese, Nami is Swedish, ...and etc..

oh what a coincidence, OP's cast is multicultural also, and most importantly, THEY BOTH REVOLVE AROUND FIGHTING TO BE "KING".

Oda mentions Toriyama as his biggest inspiration, and Luffy is almost like a Goku clone. We also know Oda likes disney because he admitted it. If Oda actually ripped off from Rave, he would have admitted it by now. Rave started in 1999, and OP was already in Arlong arc already.

How far down the rabbit hole do you wanna go? Every zombie story is a rip off of Night of the Living Dead.

Joesph Campbell studying tons of stories from the ancients to the modern age, found that all stories follow the same architecture.

everything is a ripoff of something lmao, but its not about who did it first, its about who does it BETTER. and i argue op is better because it interweaves comedy so well with its serious action moments. Keep in mind I grew up with Rave anime and manga first lol
Jul 13, 2019 3:00 PM

Jun 2017
battle shounen are overrated anyway
Jul 13, 2019 6:00 PM

Nov 2016
Just to clear this all up, Shanks already Had the "Gildarts" design By Chapter 434 which came out in the 13th of November of 2006 while Gildarts Debuted in FT chapter 166 which came out in the 11th of January of 2010. That is a bit more than a 3 Year difference. (Images below in Spoilers if you want to compare)

I'm not saying Mashima stole the design or that Oda wasn't inspired by anything else. On the contrary. Oda has said his inspiration was Dragonball. Every mangas has their influences no matter how big or small. For example, Kohei Horikoshi was inspired by OP and Marvel Comics and its noticeable.

In short. Most mangakas borrow stuff from each other or from their predecesors. Maybe Guildarts was based on classic Shanks but ended up looking uncanily similar to CURRENT Shanks. We may never get to know what actually happened. To be fair he didn't even look like Shanks when he first appeared.

Jul 13, 2019 10:07 PM
Mar 2018
Afloo said:
Just to clear this all up, Shanks already Had the "Gildarts" design By Chapter 434 which came out in the 13th of November of 2006 while Gildarts Debuted in FT chapter 166 which came out in the 11th of January of 2010. That is a bit more than a 3 Year difference. (Images below in Spoilers if you want to compare)

I'm not saying Mashima stole the design or that Oda wasn't inspired by anything else. On the contrary. Oda has said his inspiration was Dragonball. Every mangas has their influences no matter how big or small. For example, Kohei Horikoshi was inspired by OP and Marvel Comics and its noticeable.

In short. Most mangakas borrow stuff from each other or from their predecesors. Maybe Guildarts was based on classic Shanks but ended up looking uncanily similar to CURRENT Shanks. We may never get to know what actually happened. To be fair he didn't even look like Shanks when he first appeared.

thanks for writing this post. you have cleared out the true points

there is no need for further arguments. admins, please close this thread

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

29 by MegamiRem »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Apr 24, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.