Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 2, 2019 10:33 PM
Nov 2018
As the title suggests,how do you think it effects the story for you?
Is that one action after another? Underdeveloped characters? Characters getting way too op? (Yuno) villains getting defeated way too quickly without immense effort in this arc?
Mar 3, 2019 12:07 AM
Dec 2018
The only thing I have to say is, I was heavily anticipating Mereoleona vs Vetto and Noelle vs Fana but the way the fights are going is not what I wanted(Seriously why is Jack joining that fight? Why was the fight between Mereoleona and Vetto so short?) I also wanted Jack the Ripper to fight Elf Rhya, it would have a perfect opportunity for him to break his limits, like reducing the time it takes for him to adapt to other magic types.
Mar 5, 2019 7:15 PM

Sep 2010
I actually like fast short paced battles in manga compared to ones that last months. Although I felt like their were some that should've been extended for a couple more chapters.

Also Yuno has always been OP since the start??
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 30, 2019 7:34 AM
Nov 2018
Roloko said:

Also Yuno has always been OP since the start??

More or less since it reappeared in volume 9.
Apr 11, 2019 2:03 AM

Dec 2009
Good pace, everyone's power level is constantly going up, not just Asta's (which is one of the most limited characters actually).
Everyone can pull new powers from their asses so it's totally ok when it happens, there's no filler, the team compositions constantly changing gives room for some great combos...

The author is very creative and has a lot of imagination but knows story telling isn't his forte, so he focuses on cool shit happening non stop.
Apr 11, 2019 10:41 PM

Mar 2015
the fast pace is what make it amazing tho.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 12, 2019 8:33 AM
Nov 2018
Kuma said:

Umm, not imo series like mha,op,naruto made an appeal through it's characterisation,bc has some good ones,but plenty are still under developed. Characters shows their past and get resolved within an arc,you can't dwell on a characters emotions for long. One piece imo does this very well,it shows bits and pieces of their past and not something as a whole. If the characters got developed slowly and there would have been some relaxed or smaller stakes mini story it would have been better. Certainly my opinion on this.
Apr 12, 2019 7:11 PM

Mar 2015
shonenistrash said:
Kuma said:

Umm, not imo series like mha,op,naruto made an appeal through it's characterisation,bc has some good ones,but plenty are still under developed. Characters shows their past and get resolved within an arc,you can't dwell on a characters emotions for long. One piece imo does this very well,it shows bits and pieces of their past and not something as a whole. If the characters got developed slowly and there would have been some relaxed or smaller stakes mini story it would have been better. Certainly my opinion on this.

black clover give you enough characterization to build up the epic scene fast. the main goal is not characterization on it's own and never it was been. black clover never slowed down. always peak after peak without break. that what make it fresh from other shounen. take it away would make it ironically cliche.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 12, 2019 9:01 PM
Nov 2018
Kuma said:
shonenistrash said:

black clover give you enough characterization to build up the epic scene fast. the main goal is not characterization on it's own and never it was been. black clover never slowed down. always peak after peak without break. that what make it fresh from other shounen. take it away would make it ironically cliche.

Building up your world and it's characters at steady pace can never be cliche, characters don't get enough room to keep developing, events keep occurring one after the other,not even some relaxed moments apart from that festival thingy,some people have already said that how the pace affects the overall quality of this series and i share the same opinion on it.
Apr 12, 2019 9:05 PM

Mar 2015
shonenistrash said:
Kuma said:

Building up your world and it's characters at steady pace can never be cliche, characters don't get enough room to keep developing, events keep occurring one after the other,not even some relaxed moments apart from that festival thingy,some people have already said that how the pace affects the overall quality of this series and i share the same opinion on it.

again, that would sacrifice what make current black clover fresh, to copy what other has been doing.. seriously, that's sound risky and unnecessary if anything. it's sacrifice too much for too little pay. it is not much, but character do developed. it's happened short and author keep it brief and simple. this simplicity is what made black clover highly enjoyable.
Apr 16, 2019 11:04 AM

Oct 2014
It's a little too fast some of the characters are barely even developed. I don't like it when things drag but I want there to be a slower transition between arcs. Yuno the main rival basically exists to be an op unstoppable force, it would be nice to see him improve rather than him not being shown for a while and then finding out that he can like take on a captain with his eyes closed and hands tied. Basically, I'm ranting because it would be better if characters like Yuno developed slower and they showed it.
Sasuke or Kaneki I can't decide
Apr 26, 2019 10:54 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
After speed reading this demon for 4 days I can say it's a good and bad thing. It's fast in a lot of good ways, I won't deny it cuts a lot of BS out of the mix where other mangas would grind to a halt.

But on the other hand it makes certain battles (at least once an arc) last way to fucking long. It'll be a rinse and repeat of KO finishing moves 4x over before the villain actually shuts down. Which makes the pace slow way the fuck down.

Tabata other then the Festival and the Hot Spring does not give enough chances for us to breathe and honestly those are some of the most enjoyable arcs. It's always a fight fest, there is no character dilema outside of fights.

It also doesn't help some of the characters with their stories either. Not saying a long drawn out backstory is what we need but some characters even in the Black Bulls don't get time outside comedic and fight roles. They don't have time to have them. It took me forever to even get attached to them. And really outside of them as a unit and some characters here and there. I don't care about any characters so why do I care about their conflict <<< A HUGE ISSUE!!!

Yes the fast pace kinda gives this story an edge but it really drags it down in a lot of places. There can be a balance!
Aug 11, 2019 3:41 AM

Aug 2014
The latest battle arc dragged on tooooo long. Like 50 chapters for the battle only. I didn´t even have to read most part just scroll all the pages and read the neext one and still understand what is happening. When you can neraly skip entire chapter and still understand what is happening it´s bad.
Aug 18, 2019 8:44 AM
Sep 2016
I like Black Clovers pacing, it does have it's drawbacks but it helps it become unique in it's own way. I see it as a refinement of shounen manga to the point where the pacing is extremely fast, but it 's also easy to read which together makes it a really enjoyable experience. It might not be as intricate as something like JoJo or HxH but it's still worthwhile because of how simple and fun it is, and because of that it's almost always one of my favorite chapters to read weekly.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Chapter 371 Discussion

ARK-13 - 11 hours ago

2 by IzanaSolos »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Black Clover Chapter 370 Discussion

ARK-13 - 11 hours ago

4 by JAstaRoth »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Black Clover Chapter 15 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29, 2015

19 by 9Sepia95 »»
Apr 14, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Chapter 14 Discussion

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

17 by 9Sepia95 »»
Apr 13, 7:05 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Chapter 13 Discussion

Stark700 - May 17, 2015

17 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 9, 11:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.