Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2019 6:00 AM

Jun 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I'm so happy they got together but frustrated at the same time because I don't know if they got swapped again or not hhh---- ∩(´;罒;`)∩

(I really hope they got together in their original bodies)
Echo Protection Squad | Bamco pls give Kresnik Bros happiness

Despair cause: dying children everywhere | ShinAya is important
―living a maso shipper life since 89.57% of her OTPs are Doomed by Canon―
Feb 24, 2019 8:55 PM

Mar 2013
I hope they stay in their original bodies too, but either way it would be awkward. They would have to get adjusted in their old bodies and lifestyles again, or swap again and live the rest of their lives in each other's bodies.

But I'm honestly not sure how the story will end... Maybe as a sign of love they will swap bodies so she can go through the pain instead?
Mar 2, 2019 1:26 AM

Aug 2018
I just checked the raws and looks like we get to have an Happy Ending.

It would've been better if the two of them got switched back again since they've been living their life like that for 8 years. Well, other than that, I'm glad we got to see an happy ending.

Mod edit: Posts merged.
DeadlyRavenJun 4, 2021 2:01 PM
Apr 13, 2019 5:52 AM
Oct 2015
OOF I picked up this manga two chapters before its end and was a nice ride over all glad they had a happy ending
Apr 13, 2019 6:37 AM

Nov 2011
Felt like the chapter needs a true epilogue after that especially with the time skip.
Apr 13, 2019 8:21 AM

Jul 2015
So did they get in their original bodies or not? I dont understand
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2019 10:34 AM
Sep 2017
Meliha said:
When the person in Yui’s body grabs the person in Yuuta’s body’s hand, the person in Yuuta’s body says “you’re not a very honest boyfriend are you?” This indicates that yea Yui transfered back into Yuuta’s body and vice versa after Yui pleaded for it at the end of last chapter.
Apr 13, 2019 11:39 AM

Jul 2015
tactical_toast1 said:
Meliha said:
When the person in Yui’s body grabs the person in Yuuta’s body’s hand, the person in Yuuta’s body says “you’re not a very honest boyfriend are you?” This indicates that yea Yui transfered back into Yuuta’s body and vice versa after Yui pleaded for it at the end of last chapter.

Okay thanks. I was confused because I didn't see clearly who sais that

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2019 6:58 PM
Apr 2019
It was a bit disappointing but hey, as everyone else said, at least it ended on a positive note
Apr 14, 2019 12:10 AM
Oct 2016
tactical_toast1 said:
Meliha said:
Yeah I realized about this too, but I was a bit confused because when they met, the one with Yui's body called the one with Yuuta's body "Yuuta". Previously they always called each other with their real name when they were alone. So if they switched again, shouldn't the one with Yui's body (which is Yuuta) call the one with Yuuta's body "Yui" ?
Apr 14, 2019 9:05 PM

May 2016
Quite dissapointed. As you say they lived other life for eight years so they weren't the same as first, an 8/10 overall.
Waiting for the scans to work in the epilogue.
Apr 15, 2019 11:01 AM
Sep 2017
taniafh said:
tactical_toast1 said:
Yeah I realized about this too, but I was a bit confused because when they met, the one with Yui's body called the one with Yuuta's body "Yuuta". Previously they always called each other with their real name when they were alone. So if they switched again, shouldn't the one with Yui's body (which is Yuuta) call the one with Yuuta's body "Yui" ?

Yea I'm not 100% sure what was happening there, and I can only really come up with two real options. The first option would be that although they were alone, they were still outside and called each other those names like they always do to protect their identity.

The second option I came up with is that it shows that they've accepted that they have "become" the other person and recognize each other's ownership of their swapped bodies with the appropriate name calling. It's kinda like they've both come to accept that they will live in each other's body for the rest of their lives and they're both fine with it (perhaps even happy about it).

I mean, I'm not sure. The ending was kinda open-ended but I'd like to believe the second option. I feel that brings the best closure to the story and it's the way I would like things to end between them two.

Of course tho... Translation could be wrong... I could be totally wrong... lmao who cares tho? Take the ending the way you want the story to end :)
tactical_toast1Apr 15, 2019 11:07 AM
Apr 18, 2019 6:37 PM

Mar 2013
It perhaps could be a "mystery" ending where we don't know for sure if they swapped bodies back or not? Or maybe there could be a translation error?

At least it's a happy ending. :)
Apr 28, 2019 8:41 AM
May 2015
Meliha said:

So if you notice closely in chapter 63.2, Yui (Yui in Yui body) was wished to "turn back the way we were before" . Which mean Yui will back to Yuuta's body and Yuuta in Yui's body. So in chapter 64, when Yuuta said to Yui that she is not "an honest boyfriend" confirmed that they were switched back as Yui wished (Yui in Yuuta's body and vice versa).

In short, they get in their original bodies back while in hospital and back to the swap bodies later on.

So the ending is still the same as pre-serialization version named Change but with a happy ending as both of them live together.

Mod edit: Removed the links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DeadlyRavenJun 4, 2021 1:59 PM
May 1, 2019 11:40 AM

Oct 2008
Thank!
imhikarucat said:
In short, they get in their original bodies back while in hospital and back to the swap bodies later on.

So the ending is still the same as pre-serialization version named Change but with a happy ending as both of them live together.
そうだね。Original ending confirmation was done. 作者の最終的な意図が課された。

May 1, 2019 2:44 PM
May 2019
I suspect about original ending is was made berfore Shishunki Bitter Change was published or not?

and It is real ending that author want to happend ?

and Why author use happy end instread?
Jun 20, 2019 9:47 AM

Mar 2008
There's the epilogue now.
Shinzo Abe won again!
Jun 26, 2019 7:21 AM
Oct 2018
I have read the Shishunki Bitter Change manga from 3 days ago. At first I felt rather uncomfortable with the panel from this manga. However, I am used to it and focus more on the storyline.

This manga is not too many fans who overdo it like other genderbend manga, but existing fanservis build stories to be deeper. Every volume of this manga has different feelings when reading it. The character that is delivered feels more real and memorable. Although the background isn't too much, it doesn't have a problem in the atmosphere.

In the last volume section, I was increasingly curious and surprised by the ending that was delivered. Many say that they are exchanging bodies again, in my opinion that is true, and this is the right ending to end the story of the Shishunki Bitter Change manga.

(p.s: I can't imagine what Yutaa felt (in Yui's body) when they married and did that with Yui (in Yuuta's body) IYKWIM)
Aug 16, 2019 9:17 PM
Dec 2012
Sleeping_Knight said:

(p.s: I can't imagine what Yutaa felt (in Yui's body) when they married and did that with Yui (in Yuuta's body) IYKWIM)

IKR I think this is a crazy thing!!! what do both of them feel like? did anyone else know the truth? why the ending was not that yui end up in her body and yuuta in his body ><
Sep 10, 2019 10:37 AM

Jun 2015
narjes_chan said:
Sleeping_Knight said:

IKR I think this is a crazy thing!!! what do both of them feel like? did anyone else know the truth? why the ending was not that yui end up in her body and yuuta in his body ><
Tbh I think the author intended to make it somewhat an open ending regarding who ended up in whose body, with "Yui" calling Yuuta's body "Yuuta" even when they're alone and "Yuuta" saying "Yui" is not an honest boyfriend.

Also if they did switch back for the third time after Yui's wish in ch 63, I think it won't be a problem for them if they do that once they're married. It's the body they lived with when they started puberty, after all.
Echo Protection Squad | Bamco pls give Kresnik Bros happiness

Despair cause: dying children everywhere | ShinAya is important
―living a maso shipper life since 89.57% of her OTPs are Doomed by Canon―
Oct 5, 2019 7:30 AM

Mar 2015
I came here to clear my confusion. But it resulted in more confusion. I will just think of it as an open ending haha
Nov 12, 2019 8:13 PM

Jun 2015
I am glad it ended happily at the very least.
:)
Jan 5, 2020 9:44 PM
Apr 2016
So this is my interpretation of the ending.

I believe that after Yui's plea to the Gods at the hospital, her and Yuuta swapped bodies again (Yui in Yuuta's body & Yuuta in Yui's).

On top of the big evidence everyone mentioned already, I think there is a bit more I can add.

When Yui said in Ch. 63 "If it'll save Yuuta, then I don't need this body.", I think that was her finally accepting that she did not have to have her original body back. Towards the end of the series she was holding onto the idea of swapping back the most, while Yuuta had kind of accepted the change as long as he had Yui. At the end she loved Yuuta and wanted him to be safe.

There is also the part in Ch. 64 where Yuuta (as Yui) says "Really... I wanted to see him though.", in reference to who would be his biological dad. If they did not swap back then why would Yui say this when she had no big attachment to Yuuta's father.

Lastly is the part in Ch. 64 where Yuuta (as Yui) grabs Yui's (as Yuuta) hand when the car passes by. I believe it is a knee-jerk reaction to watching Yui get hit by the truck.

This is all speculation of course but I do believe they did swap bodies again after the hospital. There was also that ray of light which could be representing the Gods Yui called to granting her wish or something....whatever...

All in all good manga! Cheers.

Jan 17, 2020 4:29 PM

Sep 2013
I'm so glad it didn't end boringly with everything coming back to the beginning.

Instead Yui and Yuuta finally accepted who they are now. The reason Yuuta(Yui's body) calls Yui(Yuuta's body) "Yuuta" is because they fully embraced their identity, having spent most of their life as the other, made them who they are now.

Yuuki is now Yui and Yui is Yuuki, not just body swapping, but real them. Their own selves, given to each other.

At the same time I'm sad and an adult crying in bed but, I'm happy because they could accept themselves and each other, and live on being as close is to could be, happy.
SamuseenJan 17, 2020 4:33 PM
It's not like I'm not responding because I'm shy or somethingbB-baka.
Mar 10, 2020 12:40 AM

Nov 2010
I'm bit mixed about this one. Bitter Change had some great themes and the story telling was rly good in beginning. But it started to lost me in the end. First issue I had was how strongly the genders were divided in the series, it bothered me a bit at first- Yui telling Yuuta how girls are supposed to be and girls can't do that or that, but when they got older it started to bother me more. Like the whole thing of Yui telling Yuuta he can't be friend with a boy, wtf. Thank god Yuuta didn't listen to her. I would been okay if it was just Yui being girly girl and Yuuta being boyish boy, but it was other characters and their comments as well especially towards Yuuta in Yui's body.

Another is Yuuta's and Yui's relationship. At first I was on board with it, but when they had long fights and reasons for those fights, it almost became NOTP to me. Other characters started to seem lot better for them to be with and they had lot more common in them than with each other. They also started to seem like they didn't care about each other, especially Yui and Kazuma were both kinda assholes towards Yuuta towards the end. Then Yui had change of mind out of nowhere and suddenly was more into Yuuta than Kazuma even if she had been into Kazuma almost through the series.

So I think Yuuta's and Yui's relationship wasn't developed enough in the end of series and the conflict wasn't solved in good way so that I would have hopped back to that ship. I was way more into Yui and Kazuma and Yuuta and Tachibana, especially when Yuuta started to having thoughts of not wanting to return to his original body.

I'm complaining and ranting. Doesn't mean I didn't like the series, but it has the common problem of shoujo's for me- wrong people end up together. That and the extreme gender roles. But I did enjoy characters, especially Yuuta in Yui's body, I rly liked friendships he had, his dialogue and thoughts etc.
Mar 25, 2020 9:27 AM
May 2019
it was a great rollercoaster of emotions but i wanted more tho.. i dont really have a problem about them coming back in their bodies and immediately switching back again in the end.. tho im really curious on how they made their son and daughter owo i mean bow did it went and all that.. ah just kidding it was a great journey i havent get hooked like this in a while.. its definitely one of my favourites
May 14, 2020 2:40 AM

Oct 2018
So it's over. Well, it was a fun read, but there's not much to say about it

In the end, I assume they swapped bodies one more team, meaning Yuuta was Yui again, and Yui was Yuuta.

And they even had a family, as we have seen in the epilogue. I wonder what it was like for them to have s*x like that, doing it with their own body.

I'm especially curious how Yuuta(in Yui's body) felt during doing it, and when giving birth

Well anyway, I'll rate it 9/10, it's definitely worth reading, a really interesting story
Jan 17, 2021 2:34 AM
Jul 2018
wow, this was pretty nice, very good story and characters
Jun 4, 2021 8:04 AM
Jun 2015
-Aincrad- said:
So it's over. Well, it was a fun read, but there's not much to say about it

In the end, I assume they swapped bodies one more team, meaning Yuuta was Yui again, and Yui was Yuuta.

And they even had a family, as we have seen in the epilogue. I wonder what it was like for them to have s*x like that, doing it with their own body.

I'm especially curious how Yuuta(in Yui's body) felt during doing it, and when giving birth

Well anyway, I'll rate it 9/10, it's definitely worth reading, a really interesting story

that curiosity is the same curiosity that I had haha. anyways I'm happy that they are together now
Jun 4, 2021 2:02 PM

May 2009
Posts #4 and #6 to #29 merged from a dupe thread.
Jul 7, 2021 11:42 AM

Sep 2017
it was great story, if not for the forced and rushed ending, this would have been a perfect story.
Jul 19, 2022 11:32 PM
Mar 2021
Great story, really bad ending. A shame, really.
Aug 5, 2022 6:39 AM
Jul 2018
Jeez, the reason for their body swapping was because the gods answered their prayers?

I'm glad they switched back, but for my desires I'm not because I wanted them to not go back to their bodies :ehe:. IM GLAD YUUTA AND YUI GOT TO BE TOGETHER YAYYYY "TOGETHER FOREVER", THEY SAID
Dec 29, 2022 6:45 PM
Jan 2021
Such a great binge! Loved the happy ending and it's cute to see that they swapped bodies again in the end.

Off to find another gender bender manga!
Feb 12, 2023 2:06 PM
Dec 2013
Disappointing ending, so in the end Yui likes her own body and Yuuta likes his own body, that's just messed up

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who do you want Yui(the real her) to end up with?

Nunnally03 - Apr 6, 2017

4 by blinddig »»
Apr 18, 9:42 PM

» Hoping for a Live Action adaptation

GustryAnime99 - Jun 5, 2022

3 by Bocchi_guitarist »»
May 19, 2023 6:37 AM

Poll: » Shishunki Bitter Change Chapter 65 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 5, 2022

0 by removed-user »»
Aug 5, 2022 7:14 AM

Poll: » Shishunki Bitter Change Chapter 63 Discussion

0 by removed-user »»
Aug 5, 2022 7:08 AM

Poll: » Shishunki Bitter Change Chapter 61 Discussion

0 by removed-user »»
Aug 5, 2022 7:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.