Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 4, 2019 10:04 PM
Jun 2017
next week is gonna be an exciting one as Charybdis will already enter the tempest territory... yeah!!!
Feb 4, 2019 11:06 PM

Mar 2016
Lol white whale copycat
Why is all isekai an amalgamation lacking any originality?
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Feb 4, 2019 11:11 PM
Jul 2015
I know the pacing bothers some people but I quite like the slower pace. It's like this in the manga too, most of it is the characters talking to each other. There is nothing for it, that's just the type of story this is. It's a nice change of pace imo. So long as this doesn't get as bogged down as Log Horizon season 2 I'm here for it.
Feb 4, 2019 11:38 PM

May 2015
Charybdis is Veldora's child? You know what that means?

"I'm the strongest one in this nation." I guess you can say that Rimuru is "politically correct".

So Leon is even more powerful that Charybdis eh...

We're going up against Charybdis next episode. Please tell me that we get to see Veldora again soon...But I don't think Rimuru has found a way to unseal him yet. Darn it!
Feb 4, 2019 11:51 PM
Nov 2016
If anyone thought the sound they heard was familiar at the end of the episode when Charybdis was flying over.... it is because it is the same (or very similar) sound of Udaeus from Sword Oratoria (the boss battle that Ais fought solo that allowed her to go up to Level 6)
Feb 5, 2019 12:14 AM

Dec 2017
Milim is getting cuter and more adorable as series is progressing. looking forward to next episode.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Feb 5, 2019 12:33 AM

Sep 2013
The show's really slowed down after the Orc arc huh.
Feb 5, 2019 2:20 AM

Dec 2014
well nice build up... seems like another major fight on the way
Feb 5, 2019 2:22 AM
Nov 2018
Good episode! I love Rimuru's voice. Usually I don't pay attention to what voices sound like, but his is so cute, it does a lot for the character.

Wait - he has NEVER revealed he was a human before, and now he reveals it to these outsiders who just arrived in the city. Not to his trusted lieutenants. I was waiting for this, expecting the revelation would get some gasps and thoughts from his council. But here it's just like a by-the-way mention. A missed opportunity, I think.

Why NOT send the demon who is ten times stronger than Rimuru? If he dies, it's bad not just for him but for everyone who relies on him.

See, this is the problem with a demon character like her. Like I pointed out in the last episode discussion, she is too much. A huge fish in a small pond. Now they need a contrived explanation for keeping her from solving the problem. Just like modern detective stories have to come up with ways to exclude "Just call the police with your cellphone, you don't have to rush in yourself". (The excuses are always: forgot the phone, the phone got crushed, the battery died, or - there is no cover even though they're right outside New Orleans.)

And as I said back then, it is unrealistic that demon lords would live in the mortal world - for centuries or even millennia - without having laid waste to it, or enslaved everyone. If for nothing else then because they're bored. They have nothing else to do - no job, no families. They're just sitting there. And they're DEMONS, the personification of evil, the enemies of all life. The creatures of the abyss - usually it's an entire adventure just to stop one of them from materializing in the mortal world, because they will immediately start the slaughter and the eating of souls.

So, the solution is - ignore the "demon" part. From now on I'll just think of them as demigods.

Are we even sure that the Japanese version says "demon"?
Feb 5, 2019 3:17 AM

Jun 2015
Hegar said:
Good episode! I love Rimuru's voice. Usually I don't pay attention to what voices sound like, but his is so cute, it does a lot for the character.

Wait - he has NEVER revealed he was a human before, and now he reveals it to these outsiders who just arrived in the city. Not to his trusted lieutenants. I was waiting for this, expecting the revelation would get some gasps and thoughts from his council. But here it's just like a by-the-way mention. A missed opportunity, I think.

Why NOT send the demon who is ten times stronger than Rimuru? If he dies, it's bad not just for him but for everyone who relies on him.

See, this is the problem with a demon character like her. Like I pointed out in the last episode discussion, she is too much. A huge fish in a small pond. Now they need a contrived explanation for keeping her from solving the problem. Just like modern detective stories have to come up with ways to exclude "Just call the police with your cellphone, you don't have to rush in yourself". (The excuses are always: forgot the phone, the phone got crushed, the battery died, or - there is no cover even though they're right outside New Orleans.)

And as I said back then, it is unrealistic that demon lords would live in the mortal world - for centuries or even millennia - without having laid waste to it, or enslaved everyone. If for nothing else then because they're bored. They have nothing else to do - no job, no families. They're just sitting there. And they're DEMONS, the personification of evil, the enemies of all life. The creatures of the abyss - usually it's an entire adventure just to stop one of them from materializing in the mortal world, because they will immediately start the slaughter and the eating of souls.

So, the solution is - ignore the "demon" part. From now on I'll just think of them as demigods.

about ur first question well its not like he was hiding that he was human in prev life ,noone asked about it and until now he was interacting with monsters so him being a prev human would not help him at all, but in this arc he wanted to be friends with humans and humans country ,so its helpful now!
about ur second question demon lords or monsters are just a different race and creatures from humans and other fairy type creatures! that doesn't mean they need to be bad .we are not reading bible!
we also have different type of things that are simply translated to demons or monster in eng for more explanation i added this from wiki :

vipergodFeb 5, 2019 3:38 AM
Feb 5, 2019 3:54 AM
Nov 2018
vipergod said:

about ur first question well its not like he was hiding that he was human in prev life ,noone asked about it and until now he was interacting with monsters so him being a prev human would not help him at all, but in this arc he wanted to be friends with humans and humans country ,so its helpful now!
about ur second question demon lords or monsters are just a different race and creatures from humans and other fairy type creatures! that doesn't mean they need to be bad .we are not reading bible!
we also have different type of things that are simply translated to demons or monster in eng for more explanation i added this from wiki :

I'm not saying he was hiding it - just that it was a missed opportunity to deliver it as an almost offhand mention. Furthermore, that IS the kind of thing you tell your own people first. Especially if you are the leader.

Heck, for all he knows that could have major implications. He is no expert on this world, as he has admitted. It simply is odd to reveal something big to outsiders before you tell your own.

Imagine if they spread this in the city now. People would say, "What? Rimuru never told US he was actually a human. But he tells these outsiders, who happen to be ... human. What the hell, R-sama?"

It isn't the Bible. But it COMES from the Bible, where demons are demons. There is not a single good demon - they are demons exactly because they are evil, since before that they were angels. So the whole point of "demon" is that it's an evil creature from the realm of evil. It's like Djinn in the Middle East, creatures of evil. It's simply a misuse of the word to make them good. It's kind of like having someone called a murderer, but he hasn't actually killed anyone. But this is Japan - take foreign stuff because it looks cool and then change it. "Merry Kurismas, have some Kurismas caku before you go out Kurismas dating!"
Feb 5, 2019 4:39 AM
Jan 2018
kramXD said:
all the people complaining how fast the pace last week lmao this y'all fault, now it won't even get past manga SMFH this is record breaking slow pace even for this show

Abyhape said:
here I thought this episode would include the fight, but then it look like I should wait for next week.
so Carybdis gonna be eaten by Rimuru right?

If Rimuru can't use predator on Milim who's a demon lord that's 10 times stronger than him and Charybdis is on a demon lord level then obviously he also can't with Charybdis

But if you really wanna know

We all ready know it won't go past the manga a bunch of people have been saying this for weeks
Feb 5, 2019 4:45 AM

Jun 2015
Hegar said:
vipergod said:

I'm not saying he was hiding it - just that it was a missed opportunity to deliver it as an almost offhand mention. Furthermore, that IS the kind of thing you tell your own people first. Especially if you are the leader.

Heck, for all he knows that could have major implications. He is no expert on this world, as he has admitted. It simply is odd to reveal something big to outsiders before you tell your own.

Imagine if they spread this in the city now. People would say, "What? Rimuru never told US he was actually a human. But he tells these outsiders, who happen to be ... human. What the hell, R-sama?"

It isn't the Bible. But it COMES from the Bible, where demons are demons. There is not a single good demon - they are demons exactly because they are evil, since before that they were angels. So the whole point of "demon" is that it's an evil creature from the realm of evil. It's like Djinn in the Middle East, creatures of evil. It's simply a misuse of the word to make them good. It's kind of like having someone called a murderer, but he hasn't actually killed anyone. But this is Japan - take foreign stuff because it looks cool and then change it. "Merry Kurismas, have some Kurismas caku before you go out Kurismas dating!"

u r wrong Demons are not from bible. bible just uses the word "demon" to represent bad creatures. here is some history for u :(its not a spoiler from series it just a brief history of the word demon)

basically Demons are bad in ibrahimic religions! and we got different word from different cultures that simply translated to demon in English but have different meaning and vibes. for example u mentioned word Djin from middle east. it doesn't mean creature of evil! جن or الجن in Arabic form means something mysterious and hidden from humans.
same goes for akuma majin mao kijin etc..
vipergodFeb 5, 2019 4:49 AM
Feb 5, 2019 4:46 AM
Jan 2018
Atavistic said:
jaw201 said:

This actually makes more sense if you think about it in a more roundabout way. In the simplest sense, a dragon is a sea serpent with wings. if you think of Veldora as a flying sea monster, then it would make sense for the Charybdis, (who is Veldora's "offspring") to be a flying sea monster as well. This is also the reason why it summon multiple flying Whales/Megalodons. Its really just a way to give a flying sea creature a good sounding name, so your critique seems more like a nitpick rather than something substantial.

Yeah, I'll fully admit that that's just a nitpick on my part. I just thought it was odd that they use that name for it when they could use something that makes a little more sense for what it is, but if the author is just using it to make it sound cool I suppose it works well enough for the purpose.

As for the rest about them refusing Milim's help (not quoted so this page doesn't just turn into a quote wall), the reasoning does make sense as the Kijin have shown themselves to be quite prideful of both themselves and Rimuru's abilities. However, my issue with it mostly comes from the way it was presented as Milim wanting to help (and Rimuru wanting her to help) and Shion refusing and giving a pretty weak surface reason for it. I'd have probably been able to more easily accept it if she (or Rimuru, or whoever) mentioned the collateral damage issue or the fact that Milim won't always be there as the reason, but the reason she stated (that it's a problem for the people of Tempest) seemed a little unfair and arbitrary: after all, even if it isn't permanent Milim is currently as much of a resident there as the rest of them so certainly has as much of a right to help as anyone else.

I suppose calling that lazy at this stage is a tad harsh, but if they can't defeat Charybdis on their own and use Milim for it then I think it will have become a justified comment at that point. Until then, I guess we'll just have to wait and see (and I really hope this isn't dragged out until the very end (or at least before the special final two episodes)).

I always thought it was becouse she'd a demon Lord and rimiuru can't just use her Willy nilly otherwise other Demon Lords will get the wrong idea and rimiuru will be stuck in a war between Demon Lords
Feb 5, 2019 5:23 AM

May 2018
How strong is Leon compare to Milim?
Feb 5, 2019 5:37 AM

Aug 2012
Haxr57 said:
Abyhape said:
here I thought this episode would include the fight, but then it look like I should wait for next week.

or maybe rimuru is gonna free veldora and take his form to defeat him
I think that there will be a fight involving Milim and other demon lords as well. in the end they released Carybds to be able to fight him . So I am unsure if Rimuru will absorbe him or a demon lord will kill Carybdis . It is interesting they made Carybdis a flying monster instead of a marine one, but again their aspect is that of a marine animal...
Feb 5, 2019 5:39 AM

Aug 2012
Atavistic said:
Oh boy, another episode consisting of glacial pacing, tons of dull and tedious dialogue and yet more lazy and arbitrary plotting (Shion refusing Milim's help is just stupidly bad and lazy writing, especially when she actively wants to help; it's not forcing her to help if she wants to you fucking morons). Good attempt to build hype, but this show's glacial pacing and flat dialogue and characters once again ruined it.

Also, why the hell is Charybdis a flying monster here? That's almost as far away from the Charybdis of Greek mythology as you can possibly get.

Also, before I inevitably get loads of people quoting me for having the audacity to insult their "perfect little isekai", I have zero interest in your comments calling me stupid or telling me to read the manga or whatever, so don't even bother.

This show is still enjoyable at times, but it's also overrated to an absurd degree.
I guess magic? Visually they are still sea animals
Feb 5, 2019 5:49 AM

Aug 2012
vipergod said:
Hegar said:

u r wrong Demons are not from bible. bible just uses the word "demon" to represent bad creatures. here is some history for u :(its not a spoiler from series it just a brief history of the word demon)

basically Demons are bad in ibrahimic religions! and we got different word from different cultures that simply translated to demon in English but have different meaning and vibes. for example u mentioned word Djin from middle east. it doesn't mean creature of evil! جن or الجن in Arabic form means something mysterious and hidden from humans.
Bible definetely does mention demons although they are called by other words generally as fallen angels or satans. The word demon is a greek word that become used later. Also the Abrahamic religions do not include islam. There is no connection between islam and Abraham in any way, rather islam is a pagan arabic religion revamped. A demon in judeo-christian lore is a spiritual being also called angel that rebelled against God and become a being of evil. And since these entities cannot attack God directly they attack humans because humans are made in God's image. Is just like defacing someone's poster/picture when displayed in a public place. The japanese name for demon is Youkai and just as the islamic Djinn and other pagan traditions is a beeing that has a material body and can reproduce unlike the judeo christian demons. In the anime the demon lords are simply magic beings with incredible power that they generally use to their own amusement.
Feb 5, 2019 5:58 AM
Nov 2015
2ego said:
Hmm, out of all episodes this one must be the most boring one, personally for me, just felt very slow.

Just GTFO because trash people like you most episode get rush skip scene and become bad.
redcobraFeb 5, 2019 6:03 AM
Feb 5, 2019 6:31 AM
Apr 2016
redcobra said:
2ego said:
Hmm, out of all episodes this one must be the most boring one, personally for me, just felt very slow.

Just GTFO because trash people like you most episode get rush skip scene and become bad.

Excuse me, but that's just my opinion, I still like the anime a lot, you can't expect everyone to like every EVERY episode, no need to go all defensive insecure and toxic.
Feb 5, 2019 7:09 AM

Jun 2015
nightcrawlercyp said:
vipergod said:

Bible definetely does mention demons although they are called by other words generally as fallen angels or satans. The word demon is a greek word that become used later. Also the Abrahamic religions do not include islam. There is no connection between islam and Abraham in any way, rather islam is a pagan arabic religion revamped. A demon in judeo-christian lore is a spiritual being also called angel that rebelled against God and become a being of evil. And since these entities cannot attack God directly they attack humans because humans are made in God's image. Is just like defacing someone's poster/picture when displayed in a public place. The japanese name for demon is Youkai and just as the islamic Djinn and other pagan traditions is a beeing that has a material body and can reproduce unlike the judeo christian demons. In the anime the demon lords are simply magic beings with incredible power that they generally use to their own amusement.

dude im pretty sure my religious and cultural knowledge is pretty good, even thou im an atheist. im not here to fight for or fight against any culture/religion. but Islam is an abrahamic religion:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrahamic_religions

as for this part of ur reply:

A demon in judeo-christian lore is a spiritual being also called angel that rebelled against God and become a being of evil. And since these entities cannot attack God directly they attack humans because humans are made in God's image. Is just like defacing someone's poster/picture when displayed in a public place.

i don't see any conflict with what i said, i just said Demon is not equal to Bad! its just bad in abarahamic believes and some others

yet again u r wrong about this part and u call other religion Pagan which is not really respectful:

japanese name for demon is Youkai and just as the islamic Djinn and other pagan traditions is a beeing that has a material body and can reproduce unlike the judeo christian demons.

no i explained in arabic Djin(الجن) means a being thats is hidden from humans and they don't have physical or material form and djin are totally different from "شیاطین" which means "devils"!
and Japanese have many different name and meaning for word "Demon" that i explained some of them in my prev comment!
vipergodFeb 5, 2019 7:13 AM
Feb 5, 2019 7:58 AM

Aug 2012
vipergod said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

dude im pretty sure my religious and cultural knowledge is pretty good, even thou im an atheist. im not here to fight for or fight against any culture/religion. but Islam is an abrahamic religion:

A demon in judeo-christian lore is a spiritual being also called angel that rebelled against God and become a being of evil. And since these entities cannot attack God directly they attack humans because humans are made in God's image. Is just like defacing someone's poster/picture when displayed in a public place.

i don't see any conflict with what i said, i just said Demon is not equal to Bad! its just bad in abarahamic believes and some others

yet again u r wrong about this part and u call other religion Pagan which is not really respectful:

japanese name for demon is Youkai and just as the islamic Djinn and other pagan traditions is a beeing that has a material body and can reproduce unlike the judeo christian demons.

no i explained in arabic Djin(الجن) means a being thats is hidden from humans and they don't have physical or material form and djin are totally different from "شیاطین" which means "devils"!
and Japanese have many different name and meaning for word "Demon" that i explained some of them in my prev comment!

1. Islam is not Abrahamic. There is no piece of evidence apart from Mohamed saying so linking the two and the teachings of islam contradict both the teachings of the Torah and the Bible which according to Mohamed itself makes it a false religion. Furthermore even if by some miracle Mohammed would descend from Abraham God promised to keep his promise to Isaac not Ishmael and also the prophecies speak of the prophet having a direct lineage from David which Mohamed never even claimed.
2.all demons are bad because their actions are destructive and because they are motivated by their deep hatred for humans.They are incspable of asking for forgiveness from their mistakes. If they did they would become angels again.
3.I do not see how is disrespectful. It just mean they worship other gods than the judeo christian God and clearly the god of islam is not the same entity but Lucifer the father of lies. The Quran even says that Allah is the greatest deceiver.
4.In islamic mythology djinn divide by strength into djinn efreet and shaitan. Just as the word angel is a word that can describe all angelic beings including cherubim seraphim thrones or can be used to describe the lowest group of angels in a similar manner djinn has double meaning.
5. japanese have various words for demons including youkai and oni, your point being?
Feb 5, 2019 8:14 AM

Jun 2015
nightcrawlercyp said:
vipergod said:

1. Islam is not Abrahamic. There is no piece of evidence apart from Mohamed saying so linking the two and the teachings of islam contradict both the teachings of the Torah and the Bible which according to Mohamed itself makes it a false religion. Furthermore even if by some miracle Mohammed would descend from Abraham God promised to keep his promise to Isaac not Ishmael and also the prophecies speak of the prophet having a direct lineage from David which Mohamed never even claimed.
2.all demons are bad because their actions are destructive and because they are motivated by their deep hatred for humans.They are incspable of asking for forgiveness from their mistakes. If they did they would become angels again.
3.I do not see how is disrespectful. It just mean they worship other gods than the judeo christian God and clearly the god of islam is not the same entity but Lucifer the father of lies. The Quran even says that Allah is the greatest deceiver.
4.In islamic mythology djinn divide by strength into djinn efreet and shaitan. Just as the word angel is a word that can describe all angelic beings including cherubim seraphim thrones or can be used to describe the lowest group of angels in a similar manner djinn has double meaning.
5. japanese have various words for demons including youkai and oni, your point being?

1 -yet again u r fighting like a crusader knight i told u im not here to fight for regions i just gave u source for islam being an abrahamic religion i do not care if u believe it is or its not i don't even believe in religions at all:
http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Abrahamic_religions
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Abrahamic_religion
2-for fuck sake how many times should i repeat myself Demons in fucking abrahamic religions are bad, bad they are not bad any many different cultures
3-yet again i don't give a shit about religions i told u. but i said calling other ppls religion Pagan religion on a fucking anime forum is not the best idea and very respectful!
4-no u r wrong about that!
5-youkai is not the demon that anime is referring to! + its different from arabic believes
Feb 5, 2019 8:18 AM

Jan 2014
kramXD said:
all the people complaining how fast the pace last week lmao this y'all fault, now it won't even get past manga SMFH this is record breaking slow pace even for this show

Abyhape said:

If Rimuru can't use predator on Milim who's a demon lord that's 10 times stronger than him and Charybdis is on a demon lord level then obviously he also can't with Charybdis

But if you really wanna know

and did he use predator on the corpse after Milim one shotted the monster?
Feb 5, 2019 8:20 AM

Aug 2012
vipergod said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

1 -yet again u r fighting like a crusader knight i told u im not here to fight for regions i just gave u source for islam being an abrahamic religion i do not care if u believe it is or its not i don't even believe in religions at all:
2-for fuck sake how many times should i repeat myself Demons in fucking abrahamic religions are bad, bad they are not bad any many different cultures
3-yet again i don't give a shit about religions i told u. but i said calling other ppls religion Pagan religion on a fucking anime forum is not the best idea and very respectful!
5-youkai is not the demon that anime is referring to! + its different from arabic believes
4. How am I wrong ? can you argument it?
5. my point is both djinn and youkai can supposedly be good or bad and both can have children with humans while all demons are bad and cannot conceive children with humans.
Feb 5, 2019 8:38 AM

Jun 2015
nightcrawlercyp said:
vipergod said:

5. my point is both djinn and youkai can supposedly be good or bad and both can have children with humans while all demons are bad and cannot conceive children with humans.

5.for the 1000th time word "demon" is not equal to biblical demon which is a bad thing that can not have children .youkai are not like djin they are different!
4-in Islamic believes djin are different from devil"shayatin" and efrits are type of djins, shayatin(devils) are Iblis(satan) a fallen angel and his subordinates that are made of fire, while Djin are different race, they are not related to devils-shayatin and angels, they are made of fire without the smoke. they are not necessary bad or good, while all devils are bad
efferit is type djin that is often used to do manipulative things
Feb 5, 2019 8:46 AM

Aug 2012
vipergod said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

5.for the 1000th time word "demon" is not equal to biblical demon which is a bad thing that can not have children .youkai are not like djin they are different!
4-in Islamic believes djin are different from devil"shayatin" and efrits are type of djins, shayatin(devils) are Iblis(satan) a fallen angel and his subordinates that are made of fire, while Djin are different race, they are not related to devils-shayatin and angels, they are made of fire without the smoke. they are not necessary bad or good, while all devils are bad
Is clear this will not lead anywhere. I can only advice you not to rely so much on wikipedia for theology if you want to clear out things. It is clear to me your knowledge is pretty vague and confused. But let's agree that demons and youkai are different and leave it at that.
Feb 5, 2019 8:54 AM

Jun 2015
nightcrawlercyp said:
vipergod said:

Is clear this will not lead anywhere. I can only advice you not to rely so much on wikipedia for theology if you want to clear out things. It is clear to me your knowledge is pretty vague and confused. But let's agree that demons and youkai are different and leave it at that.

if u want to argue about personal believes or religions etc u can msg me here is not the place for it,
dude i have studied religions and cultures for more than 10 years im pretty good with that. i gave a reference to wikipedia and other wikis cuz i wanted to give u a clear reference about an abrahmic religions and avoid fighting for personal believes!
Feb 5, 2019 9:43 AM

Feb 2014
Just a question: What are Milim true intention for staying in Rimuru Town? Is she planning something? [possible spoiler]
Feb 5, 2019 11:19 AM
Dec 2018
Hegar said:

Okay for one, just because Millim is a "Demon" Lord doesn't mean she is a demon. A Demon Lord in the Tensura universe is a title rather than an actual species. Millim is a dragonoid, not a demon/devil. There are Demons/devils that exist, but a Demon Lord can be from any species, even a Human can be a Demon lord. And Demon Lords aren't "evil" in the traditional sense either, the same can also be said for demons/devils in Tensura's universe.
Feb 5, 2019 11:23 AM
Dec 2018
shimada_m said:
Just a question: What are Milim true intention for staying in Rimuru Town? Is she planning something? [possible spoiler]

Not really a spoiler, but she kind of does whatever she wants.
Feb 5, 2019 11:47 AM
Nov 2018
vipergod said:

Poor little kid, think you know history better than I do. Starting your reply with "u r wrong" and then "here is some history for u" - can't argue without sounding snyde and condescending, can you? Then I have no reason to treat your ridiculous attempt with any respect. It is laughable to claim that "demons are not from the Bible". I know the word has another meaning before that, without having to resort to Wikipedia. I also know that the Bible OVERWHELMINGLY defines the word, and without the Bible version of demons there's no way these Japanese anime producers would know about demons.

You sound a bit autistic when you cling to a minimally used definition of demon, merely a speck today, rather than the overwhelming definition used for thousands of years. Especially since it's very clear from the anime that they DO base their demons on the Bible version like everybody else - with their demons cruelly summoning and killing with no regard for human life. If they were based on the minuscule remains of "demon" as the word was used once upon a time, then they'd simply be spirits. But thanks for playing.

" i have studied religions and cultures for more than 10 years im pretty good with that."

The debate trick Appeal to Authority doesn't work when it's an appeal to your own authority. And if you are such a scholar - ten years of arduous studies, after all - you should be able to reply to very slight criticism of a show without resorting to snide remarks. You get what you give.
HegarFeb 5, 2019 11:58 AM
Feb 5, 2019 11:54 AM
Nov 2018
jaw201 said:
Okay for one, just because Millim is a "Demon" Lord doesn't mean she is a demon. A Demon Lord in the Tensura universe is a title rather than an actual species. Millim is a dragonoid, not a demon/devil. There are Demons/devils that exist, but a Demon Lord can be from any species, even a Human can be a Demon lord. And Demon Lords aren't "evil" in the traditional sense either, the same can also be said for demons/devils in Tensura's universe.

Another kiddie who can't stand hearing the merest criticism of a beloved show without resorting to passive-aggressive language. "Okay for one" - Sorry I stepped on your feet. You must be a treat in real life. "Well, ACKSHUALLYYYY...."

"Demon Lord doesn't mean she is a demon."

ROTFLOL That was hilarious. I'm still laughing.

Next up: "okay, for one, you do realize that just because it's called FOOD doesn't mean it's FOOD, huh? Do ya?" Though considering Shinon's cooking, that might actually be true.

"And Demon Lords aren't "evil" in the traditional sense either"

Heh, that's exactly what I'm saying. That was the point I was making. And thanks for acknowledging that demons ARE evil - but still not presented as such in this anime. (Sorry: "in this universe" carries more weight.)
Feb 5, 2019 12:34 PM
Dec 2018
Hegar said:
jaw201 said:

Another kiddie who can't stand hearing the merest criticism of a beloved show without resorting to passive-aggressive language. "Okay for one" - Sorry I stepped on your feet. You must be a treat in real life. "Well, ACKSHUALLYYYY...."

"Demon Lord doesn't mean she is a demon."

ROTFLOL That was hilarious. I'm still laughing.

Next up: "okay, for one, you do realize that just because it's called FOOD doesn't mean it's FOOD, huh? Do ya?" Though considering Shinon's cooking, that might actually be true.

"And Demon Lords aren't "evil" in the traditional sense either"

Heh, that's exactly what I'm saying. That was the point I was making. And thanks for acknowledging that demons ARE evil - but still not presented as such in this anime. (Sorry: "in this universe" carries more weight.)

TLDR: As I said before, Demon Lords aren't always demons. Its the same way that a square is a rectangle, but not all rectangles are squares. And yes, Millim is a Demon Lord, but not a Demon.

Why are you being so adversarial? My comments are based on the series' own explanations (which although haven't been shown in the anime, are still valid.). The reason why I called Tensura's world, a "universe" is most likely caused by me knowing the ending of the Web Novel, which in turn influences how I describe the world that Rimuru inhabits. Additionally, this anime is an adaptation of both a manga and a Light novel. You are making it sound like this is an original work, when its just an adaptation. So saying that Demons are not presented evil in this anime, is an incorrect statement, since they are presented that way throughout the entire series.

Here, since you obviously don't believe me, I can reference something Millim said herself. She asks why Rimuru doesn't try to become a Demon Lord. Now his reasons for declining don't matter, but what does matter here is that Millim describes being a Demon Lord as something one can become, not something that someone is born as. This is also true from the fact that 4 individual Demon Lords tried to create a new Demon Lord, not by turning an individual into a Demon, but by evolving an individual to the point where they would become powerful enough that they would eventually reach the point of gaining the seed of a demon lord. (The use of seed here refers to the power of a demon lord which has only started to manifest, but has yet to be awakened.)

In Tensura's world, Demon Lords are not truly evil at all, they are just powerful individuals that either are self-Proclaimed Demon Lords, or True Demon Lords, the difference here is whether or not the Voice of the World has recognized someone as a Demon Lord or if they just call themselves a Demon Lord.

I'll also go ahead and address the fact that you are going to call the Demon Lords Demigods from now on. I wouldn't do that, since they are two distinct classifications. A demigod in Tensura is something completely different, but is also something that you can become. Very similar to how one can become a Demon Lord.

Additionally, Demons/Devils aren't really evil in Tensura. They always attempt to follow someone stronger than them, and will usually only betray someone weaker than them. We'll actually get to see Diablo, a demon who is a subordinate to Rimuru, in episode 24. Diablo is quite charismatic, and also acts as one of Rimuru's diplomats as well.

jaw201Feb 5, 2019 1:05 PM
Feb 5, 2019 3:08 PM

Feb 2017
Meew2 said:
Lol white whale copycat
Why is all isekai an amalgamation lacking any originality?

charybdis is from greek myth .
hence it's greek myth copycat
Feb 5, 2019 3:12 PM
Oct 2014
So this is gonna be like a shitty version of the whale fight in re zero huh?
Feb 5, 2019 3:17 PM
Oct 2014
Cringe so hard at Fabio’s idiocracy. Clowns got him hook, line, and sinker.
Feb 5, 2019 3:27 PM

Feb 2017
jaw201 said:
shimada_m said:

Not really a spoiler, but she kind of does whatever she wants.

like a boss😂 #thugLife 😎
Feb 5, 2019 3:38 PM

Feb 2017
q1w2e3r4t5 said:

Fabio ain't really that idiot , he's just a prideful dude . Ergo in order to prove himself , he thought he had to take the risk . at all cost . it's as simple as that .
Pride is one of the nastiest sin after all XD
Feb 5, 2019 5:43 PM

Aug 2010
I've had to watch the last 2 episodes at 1.5 speed. Whew lawd what a drag.
Feb 5, 2019 6:38 PM

Jul 2014
Fuck yeah! Milim's original outfit is back, just for a few seconds tho. I hope to see it more times.

At least we got a new outfit and of course she looks cute in it :3

Feb 5, 2019 8:44 PM

Feb 2017
SkyLETV said:
Fuck yeah! Milim's original outfit is back, just for a few seconds tho. I hope to see it more times.

milim looks cuter in her original outfit .
and I love the part where literally everybody forgot the fact milim is in fact a demon lord - a dangerous entity XD
Lab_Rat_0978Feb 5, 2019 8:50 PM
Feb 5, 2019 8:46 PM

Feb 2017
SkyLETV said:

am I the only one who can see rimuru on top of milim chest ?😂
foreshadowing intensifies lol
Feb 5, 2019 10:37 PM
Oct 2014
nina444 said:
q1w2e3r4t5 said:

Fabio ain't really that idiot , he's just a prideful dude . Ergo in order to prove himself , he thought he had to take the risk . at all cost . it's as simple as that .
nina444 said:
q1w2e3r4t5 said:

Vegeta is even more prideful, but isn’t as foolish as to trust two shady clowns
Feb 5, 2019 11:45 PM
Oct 2018
Haxr57 said:
Abyhape said:

or maybe rimuru is gonna free veldora and take his form to defeat him

more like "single handedly"lol
Feb 6, 2019 12:05 AM
Sep 2018
I think this anime is a little bit slow and the fight scenes are to short.But i believe this new enemy make me feel better about it :D But Rimuru style is so Unique (and cute) for me,being all the time "calm" and try to make peace is new for a shounen anime.
Feb 6, 2019 12:36 AM
Jan 2018
P4TRICS said:
I think this anime is a little bit slow and the fight scenes are to short.But i believe this new enemy make me feel better about it :D But Rimuru style is so Unique (and cute) for me,being all the time "calm" and try to make peace is new for a shounen anime.

This ain't a shounen nore is it battled focused
Feb 6, 2019 1:10 AM

Oct 2008
Nice satisfying episode!
Calamity-class is up ahead!
5/5.

Feb 6, 2019 5:48 AM

Feb 2017
q1w2e3r4t5 said:
nina444 said:

nina444 said:

Vegeta is even more prideful, but isn’t as foolish as to trust two shady clowns

Idk about vegeta that much so Idk lol
but the thing is , in tensura verse
monsters can't lie .
unless you're a high level monster , telling a lie = literal death😂
Feb 6, 2019 7:15 AM

Jun 2015
Hegar said:
vipergod said:

Poor little kid, think you know history better than I do. Starting your reply with "u r wrong" and then "here is some history for u" - can't argue without sounding snyde and condescending, can you? Then I have no reason to treat your ridiculous attempt with any respect. It is laughable to claim that "demons are not from the Bible". I know the word has another meaning before that, without having to resort to Wikipedia. I also know that the Bible OVERWHELMINGLY defines the word, and without the Bible version of demons there's no way these Japanese anime producers would know about demons.

You sound a bit autistic when you cling to a minimally used definition of demon, merely a speck today, rather than the overwhelming definition used for thousands of years. Especially since it's very clear from the anime that they DO base their demons on the Bible version like everybody else - with their demons cruelly summoning and killing with no regard for human life. If they were based on the minuscule remains of "demon" as the word was used once upon a time, then they'd simply be spirits. But thanks for playing.

" i have studied religions and cultures for more than 10 years im pretty good with that."

The debate trick Appeal to Authority doesn't work when it's an appeal to your own authority. And if you are such a scholar - ten years of arduous studies, after all - you should be able to reply to very slight criticism of a show without resorting to snide remarks. You get what you give.

LUL so funny
without the Bible version of demons there's no way these Japanese anime producers would know about demons.

Mr intellect IN ANIME they dont use the word "demon", ("Demon" is used in eng translation)! they use words like Mao,majin,kijin,akuma etc.. how is that related to biblical demon!? they are using Japanese,Greek,... folklores! and i also gave u A reference from fucking Slime novels wiki which explains different meaning of "demon" in case u missed it mr intellect
https://tensura.fandom.com/wiki/Races
vipergodFeb 6, 2019 7:20 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2018

219 by Nobuaki_Niti »»
May 5, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2018

396 by Nobuaki_Niti »»
May 5, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2019

276 by knowndisc »»
Apr 28, 7:52 AM

» Why does he choose the opposite gender? ( 1 2 )

jaisan - Oct 15, 2018

50 by Reevansingh21 »»
Apr 26, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2019

129 by SpikeVann »»
Apr 26, 1:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.