Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 26, 2019 9:23 PM

Mar 2016
Oh ffs, 3 episodes is not gonna tell everything about what we need to know.
Jan 26, 2019 9:30 PM
Jan 2012
Killuan said:
'love' has almost nothing to do with the theme of this anime. There is some unrequited love, but the mutual aspect just isn't there. Naofumi thinks of Raphtalia as his daughter.

Child Raphtalia exists because Naofumi could not cope with another lying adult female at the time(this is how he thinks of all women at the time). His motives would be sinister at best if he had one of them as a slave. This version of Raphtalia is who he needed. An innocent child who has suffered more than he has. He was able to empathize with her and think of her as more than just a slave to boss around. Likewise, Raphtalia would not have the same admiration for Naofumi if she were already an adult. She looks up to him, she admires him. This all stems from helping Raphtalia deal with her trauma and being more of a father figure in her mind. Afterall, she compared the thought of losing him to the same feelings she had when she lost her parents.

There was a high uptick relatively quickly because the anime doesn't want to meander too long before getting into the meat of the series. Dealing with the waves and Naofumis revenge. The other heroes are already twice his level. It's an mmo, it doesn't take very long to get lvl 25+. Two weeks is more than long enough to accomplish that. Needless to say, this little plot point doesn't seem like something that warrants criticism. It's a quirk of the series that does little to diminish the series quality as a whole.

The king and the queen accused him of rape, they found her clothes on his bed...The common people wouldn't dare to doubt the claims of royalty and opt to side with a stranger from another world who appeared to be a 4th wheel from the very start. The blacksmith actually took the time to get to know Naofumi and that's why he decided that he isn't like how people portray him. But Naofumi is pissed, incredibly so. He threatens everyone with those balloon monsters and he's walking around with a demi-human in a place that's prejudice against them. He obviously hasn't been giving the general population a good impression of him...And frankly at this, he doesn't even care. Episode three proves however that good deeds do pay off. The villagers of that town are certainly thankful towards him and I'm certain at least they think he is innocent.

Ok what I meant to say was, she's a potential love interest. Regardless of the love being unrequited, it's still there.

I actually like that reasoning of why Raphtalia was introduced as a child, my problem is how she was changed into being an adult. The transition from child Raphtalia to adult could have been better, or maybe not even done at all. Naofumi being a father figure makes it feel like it'd be better if she stayed a child.

The aging part still does not jive with me because the idea just doesn't make sense. It's like the transition from child to adult, I'm less criticizing the idea, but why it was included in the first place. It feels like the series would be better if the idea wasn't put in at all. It's a fantasy world, but a fantasy world based on an MMO. Why would this be a thing in an MMO?

I haven't actually gotten to episode 3 just yet, so I am willing to retract my criticism about the weird reaction to the rape claims. If it's being addressed, then yeah the criticism isn't deserving.
Jan 26, 2019 9:44 PM

Apr 2007
OnionKnightRises said:

I actually like that reasoning of why Raphtalia was introduced as a child, my problem is how she was changed into being an adult. The transition from child Raphtalia to adult could have been better, or maybe not even done at all. Naofumi being a father figure makes it feel like it'd be better if she stayed a child.

Raphtalias maturity really shines throughout the series. She is paramount in order to keep Naofumis sanity. I like loli Raph as much as the next guy, and maybe they could have found a way to implement it better...But I feel the transition was still essential.

The aging part still does not jive with me because the idea just doesn't make sense. It's like the transition from child to adult, I'm less criticizing the idea, but why it was included in the first place. It feels like the series would be better if the idea wasn't put in at all. It's a fantasy world, but a fantasy world based on an MMO. Why would this be a thing in an MMO?

The concept is pretty easy to explain. Raphtalia classifies as a monster. Monsters generally evolve as they level up. In Raphtalias case, because she is a demi-human, she ages instead. She continues to age for each level right up until she has reached her physical peak. At that point she ages normally. But only until she catches up to the ages she acquired through leveling.

KilluanJan 26, 2019 10:07 PM
Jan 26, 2019 9:48 PM

Nov 2011
Ryuseishun said:

This is the world we live in, if how a fictional world and how the people in that world are not explained in detail by episode 2 of an anime, or chapter 3 of a light novel, it's terrible writing.
Jan 26, 2019 9:59 PM

Mar 2016
Demyx_IX said:
Ryuseishun said:

This is the world we live in, if how a fictional world and how the people in that world are not explained in detail by episode 2 of an anime, or chapter 3 of a light novel, it's terrible writing.

Blame the current bar standards
There’s tons of other shows, especially classics and retros, that take literally forever to explain everything and yet they get a pass by the very same people....like I don’t understand their take on common sense (if it’s common sense anymore)
Jan 26, 2019 10:14 PM

Nov 2011
Ryuseishun said:
Demyx_IX said:

Blame the current bar standards
There’s tons of other shows, especially classics and retros, that take literally forever to explain everything and yet they get a pass by the very same people....like I don’t understand their take on common sense (if it’s common sense anymore)
I honestly think that the rating of 'commonsense' has been upped to 'uncommon' or even 'rare' since people don't use it all that often, see; anything that is considered as being dangerous that people have made into a 'challenge'.
Jan 26, 2019 10:38 PM
May 2017
Thank you. Someone with common sense. This anime feels like when SAO started airing. People think it's some grand masterpiece when in reality it's just trash.
At least a few people can see it. sigh fanboys will be fanboys
How does noone see how bad the animation and direction was in that last episode wow
Jan 26, 2019 10:43 PM

Nov 2011
clarazora said:
This anime feels like when SAO started airing.

Your hatred for SAO is clouding your mind, you see an isekai in a fantasy setting with similarities to a video game, and you think it's a SAO clone.

When if you really, actually watched, you would see that not only is it not SAO, it's better than SAO. And SAO was good until Yui was added.
Jan 26, 2019 10:58 PM

Apr 2007
I still don't even see the similarities between SAO and Shield Hero.
Jan 26, 2019 11:04 PM
Jun 2015
Ryulightorb said:
as a LN reader...yikes if this is "Shit writing" then i don't want to see your idea of good writing :/

I'll just quote a friend of mine who bought the first volume along with some quotes from other sites.

JBS
I enjoy the manga and would watch this if I ever bothered to watch anime, but the LN's writing is garbage. The prose is just absolute shit. It's written with the voice of some edgelord fuckup but has the vocabulary and sentence structure of a young kid's book. If I had tried the LN before the manga I NEVER would have tried the manga, it really is that bad.

I've heard a LOT of things about the series. Very few of them make me want to pick it up in any major capacity. Like stuff that was written by a massive edgelord with lots of women problems that was bullied by the popular kids.

That's not an inaccurate description of parts of the series. And I don't like those parts, but there's enough other stuff I like that I can put that aside.

I ended up buying the first volume of the LN thinking it was the manga. Was really disappointed when it showed up but decided to read it anyways. Ugh, probably my worst purchase of the year.

Other takes,

Ike
Slave master MC with ten year old love interest being absolutely no problem with you probably means nothing h in this series will be offensive.

Rynnec
Having a character from the 21st century keep a slave at all without questioning the morality of it is pretty suspect in and of itself. It'd be one thing if the MC was a native and thus had no qualms about buying and keeping slaves with the intention of treating them as such, but he's ostensibly from our time yet seems to have no moral qualms about slavery in the slightest. Maybe if he bought her because he felt empathetic to her situation which is not unlike his (both being victims of circumstance ) but he's not to concerned about that either.

Naofumi and Raphtilia have a nice dynamic, but the framing and execution of it is skeevy as shit and eyebrow raising at best.

That argument falls flat because it's not like freeing her would automatically mean her running off to who knows where. He could just easily take off the collar and adopt her as a daughter/sister. No reason to keep her as a slave.

Iaculus
Also, no your weird incel trust issues do not entitle you to keep a ten-year-old as a slave. Just take that collar off and get her to an orphanage or a friendly village or something, damn.

I mean, all any of that stuff means is that he's keeping a shock collar on a child under his care so he can force her to fight for him, which is ludicrously abusive by any conventional childcare standard. That he meets a few of the other basic qualifications for guardianship doesn't change that.

It's worth noting the pattern that slavery-tolerant narratives in these sort of stories are usually part of. Normally, they will be featured in stories that are general power-fantasies, where the main character is (or ascends to become) an unstoppable supreme being who nobody is willing or able to gainsay. Having the protagonist's love interests (and isn't it interesting how it's almost always just women?) be his literal slaves is an extension of that that makes it clear what kind of power fantasy this is - one of absolute and total control which you will, of course, exercise ethically (but not actually, meaningfully relinquish) because you are a "Good Guy".

These stories usually contrast it with a previous life characterised by a near-total lack of control - the protagonist is a shut-in, a downtrodden office worker, or whatever. Shield Hero makes it hilariously blatant and specific - the protagonist has his worldview shattered by being betrayed by the first adult woman to interact with him, and rebuilds his life by taking in a ten-year-old slave who eventually becomes his wife (and head of a small harem of other slaves) and helps him achieve godhood.

Clarste
I've also seen it framed as the fantasy of "the girl who has no choice but to spend time with me, and therefore will eventually see how good I am deep down." As opposed to other girls who you might actually have to try to show your good side to, and who might reject you before you get a chance. This sort of logic also applies to childhood friends or little sister type love interests.

The basic nature of the fantasy is "I know I'm a great person, but no one else gives me a chance. If only they were forced by circumstance to give me a chance, then they'd also realize that I'm a great person (without me having to change my behavior even slightly)."

Crinias
What Iaculus, Clarste and others said. The Isekai genre uses tortured reasoning and emotional appeals to have its protagonists get away with awful shit all the time, and Shield Hero is no different. If you're a young reader who's not used to this sort of narrative, you might actually believe that Naofumi is an ok guy because he treats his slave nicely - in spite of the times where he actually literally uses the slave collars around the neck of his slaves, which cause them immense pain when they disobey him.

The only reason people can root for Naofumi is because he is a walking persecution complex. He never actually strives to become a better person as far as I'm aware, making him a weird version of wanting recognition for not being an asshole.

All the antagonists are more terrible than him, to him, for very flimsy reasons, and oh, they all claim they're innocent when they're blatantly evil, how could you not hate that! They're all malicious to the point of idiocy, idiots to the point of malice, or have some shady hidden agenda.

Shield Hero isn't the worst isekai out there (somehow), but it's pretty telling that it's considered popular, that it's gotten good production values and stuff.

And yes these people have read ALL of the available material since when the WN was first being translated YEARS ago now. This is NOT a new series. AT ALL or even particularly heavily regarded in Japan as far as I know. This was made PURELY for Western market consumption as far as I've scryed from the net.
doomrider7Jan 26, 2019 11:09 PM
Jan 26, 2019 11:33 PM

Jul 2015
doomrider7 said:
Ryulightorb said:
as a LN reader...yikes if this is "Shit writing" then i don't want to see your idea of good writing :/

I'll just quote a friend of mine who bought the first volume along with some quotes from other sites.

JBS
I enjoy the manga and would watch this if I ever bothered to watch anime, but the LN's writing is garbage. The prose is just absolute shit. It's written with the voice of some edgelord fuckup but has the vocabulary and sentence structure of a young kid's book. If I had tried the LN before the manga I NEVER would have tried the manga, it really is that bad.

I've heard a LOT of things about the series. Very few of them make me want to pick it up in any major capacity. Like stuff that was written by a massive edgelord with lots of women problems that was bullied by the popular kids.

That's not an inaccurate description of parts of the series. And I don't like those parts, but there's enough other stuff I like that I can put that aside.

I ended up buying the first volume of the LN thinking it was the manga. Was really disappointed when it showed up but decided to read it anyways. Ugh, probably my worst purchase of the year.

Other takes,

Ike
Slave master MC with ten year old love interest being absolutely no problem with you probably means nothing h in this series will be offensive.

Rynnec
Having a character from the 21st century keep a slave at all without questioning the morality of it is pretty suspect in and of itself. It'd be one thing if the MC was a native and thus had no qualms about buying and keeping slaves with the intention of treating them as such, but he's ostensibly from our time yet seems to have no moral qualms about slavery in the slightest. Maybe if he bought her because he felt empathetic to her situation which is not unlike his (both being victims of circumstance ) but he's not to concerned about that either.

Naofumi and Raphtilia have a nice dynamic, but the framing and execution of it is skeevy as shit and eyebrow raising at best.

That argument falls flat because it's not like freeing her would automatically mean her running off to who knows where. He could just easily take off the collar and adopt her as a daughter/sister. No reason to keep her as a slave.

Iaculus
Also, no your weird incel trust issues do not entitle you to keep a ten-year-old as a slave. Just take that collar off and get her to an orphanage or a friendly village or something, damn.

I mean, all any of that stuff means is that he's keeping a shock collar on a child under his care so he can force her to fight for him, which is ludicrously abusive by any conventional childcare standard. That he meets a few of the other basic qualifications for guardianship doesn't change that.

It's worth noting the pattern that slavery-tolerant narratives in these sort of stories are usually part of. Normally, they will be featured in stories that are general power-fantasies, where the main character is (or ascends to become) an unstoppable supreme being who nobody is willing or able to gainsay. Having the protagonist's love interests (and isn't it interesting how it's almost always just women?) be his literal slaves is an extension of that that makes it clear what kind of power fantasy this is - one of absolute and total control which you will, of course, exercise ethically (but not actually, meaningfully relinquish) because you are a "Good Guy".

These stories usually contrast it with a previous life characterised by a near-total lack of control - the protagonist is a shut-in, a downtrodden office worker, or whatever. Shield Hero makes it hilariously blatant and specific - the protagonist has his worldview shattered by being betrayed by the first adult woman to interact with him, and rebuilds his life by taking in a ten-year-old slave who eventually becomes his wife (and head of a small harem of other slaves) and helps him achieve godhood.

Clarste
I've also seen it framed as the fantasy of "the girl who has no choice but to spend time with me, and therefore will eventually see how good I am deep down." As opposed to other girls who you might actually have to try to show your good side to, and who might reject you before you get a chance. This sort of logic also applies to childhood friends or little sister type love interests.

The basic nature of the fantasy is "I know I'm a great person, but no one else gives me a chance. If only they were forced by circumstance to give me a chance, then they'd also realize that I'm a great person (without me having to change my behavior even slightly)."

Crinias
What Iaculus, Clarste and others said. The Isekai genre uses tortured reasoning and emotional appeals to have its protagonists get away with awful shit all the time, and Shield Hero is no different. If you're a young reader who's not used to this sort of narrative, you might actually believe that Naofumi is an ok guy because he treats his slave nicely - in spite of the times where he actually literally uses the slave collars around the neck of his slaves, which cause them immense pain when they disobey him.

The only reason people can root for Naofumi is because he is a walking persecution complex. He never actually strives to become a better person as far as I'm aware, making him a weird version of wanting recognition for not being an asshole.

All the antagonists are more terrible than him, to him, for very flimsy reasons, and oh, they all claim they're innocent when they're blatantly evil, how could you not hate that! They're all malicious to the point of idiocy, idiots to the point of malice, or have some shady hidden agenda.

Shield Hero isn't the worst isekai out there (somehow), but it's pretty telling that it's considered popular, that it's gotten good production values and stuff.

And yes these people have read ALL of the available material since when the WN was first being translated YEARS ago now. This is NOT a new series. AT ALL or even particularly heavily regarded in Japan as far as I know. This was made PURELY for Western market consumption as far as I've scryed from the net.

as someone that's read the source material that's actually really sad and the fact they refered to the main character as an incel tells me they really didn't understand the plot or what they were reading imo.

But people have their own opinions i just think the reasoning in the quotes you used seem really distorted and nonsensical personally but they may seem normal to you.

Also without spoiling the show and the ln a lot of the issues those people had are solved later on.

The main character is the strongest part of the series and most realistic compared to other isekai MC's which i don't get why they think otherwise.

Also with the whole rape thing many people take the side of the raped even if it isn't true irl so i don't get why the idea is beyond them yes it's flimsy but people generally are humans are emotional beings and they even said what sort of kingdom it was early on...
Jan 26, 2019 11:46 PM
Jul 2018
"Oh no I dislike something! Quick, I must go on the internet and tell everyone about it!"

Who cares? if you think it's crap why are you even wasting your time making a topic about it? Just move on and watch something else? It's should be common logic but I guess it's not since MAL is overflooded with these useless fucking threads. At least, you could just write a review like everyone else if you honestly can't help yourself to tell us about it.
Jan 26, 2019 11:48 PM

May 2018
Grimzey said:
"Oh no I dislike something! Quick, I must go on the internet and tell everyone about it!"

Who cares? if you think it's crap why are you even wasting your time making a topic about it? Just move on and watch something else? It's should be common logic but I guess it's not since MAL is overflooded with these useless fucking threads. At least, you could just write a review like everyone else if you honestly can't help yourself to tell us about it.

The problem is that disliking something != it's badly written.
Jan 26, 2019 11:59 PM

Nov 2011
Only_Brad said:
Grimzey said:

The problem is that disliking something != it's badly written.

With that kind of logic, not liking something like; green beans, tomatoes, etc. or not liking your food over cooked or under cooked, makes that food bad.

Different people have different tastes, just because you do not like the story, doesn't make it badly written. It just means that the story/writing doesn't match your tastes/likes.

Newsflash kid, not everyone likes and dislikes the same things. Two people could in theory like SAO, but one person like Re:Zero while the other hates it.
Jan 27, 2019 12:11 AM

Oct 2015
TsukuyomiREKT said:
EGOIST said:
the forum won't exist if everyone just keeps sucking everyone's dick. people here just get too emotional over an opinion opposite to theirs

The people shitting on the shows get way more emotional than the fans do. I mean, they're the ones dedicating so much of their time to making bait threads.
both sides are equally annoying. especially if threads get made that doesn't encourage discussion. like, you made a thread as to why people like x and you then continue to literally deny every opinion on the thread you just posted. lmfao.
Jan 27, 2019 12:30 AM
Jan 2012
Killuan said:
OnionKnightRises said:

Raphtalias maturity really shines throughout the series. She is paramount in order to keep Naofumis sanity. I like loli Raph as much as the next guy, and maybe they could have found a way to implement it better...But I feel the transition was still essential.

The concept is pretty easy to explain. Raphtalia classifies as a monster. Monsters generally evolve as they level up. In Raphtalias case, because she is a demi-human, she ages instead. She continues to age for each level right up until she has reached her physical peak. At that point she ages normally. But only until she catches up to the ages she acquired through leveling.

While I disagree that the transition is essential, we at least agree on the transition could have been better. It would have been much easier for me to just let slide if it was far more gradual instead of the suddenness. It's like a time-skip that just happened for one single character. My criticisms aren't really damning the ideas, but the writing. Doesn't matter if an idea is great or poor, what matters is execution, so the mishandling of these ideas bother me more than others.

It's not the idea of her being able to age like this is what confuses me, it's the reason why the writer decided on it. I was thinking about it from the author's perspective, and why they would decide to put that in the story. I'm really only thinking about the execution of the these matters.

EGOIST said:
both sides are equally annoying. especially if threads get made that doesn't encourage discussion. like, you made a thread as to why people like x and you then continue to literally deny every opinion on the thread you just posted. lmfao.

Well said. Even if people are disagreeing or arguing, that has more worth than shutting down others for not having the same opinions. It isn't just one group that does it
Jan 27, 2019 12:40 AM

Apr 2016
Three episodes in and there are already threads like this. Just like basically every popular seasonal anime with a high score. What a surprise.
Jan 27, 2019 1:20 AM

May 2015
Not the worst but not the best either, so far it's done nothing to live up to the hype, looks pretty ok-ish. Maybe it'll get better later on or it has something to do with characters that we should get attached to with time but the story doesn't look all that inspiring right now.
Jan 27, 2019 1:39 AM

Oct 2016
I don't know about that but the show is pretty lackluster
Jan 27, 2019 2:01 AM
Jul 2018
I've been seeing this guy trying to drag this shown down for a while now. Every week he's been posting on the forums about a show he doesn't like. If that doesn't tell you enough about whether you should be taking this guy seriously, then I don't know what will.
Jan 27, 2019 2:22 AM

Jul 2014
This topic is trash. I am sure OP should have something better to do in his life than whining about an anime dislike hates just because it's popular among others.

Don't like it? Don't watch it then.

It's fine to point out what you don't like about the anime in episode discussions, but you went out of your way to make a separate topic about and you just won't give damn show a chance to explain things to you before you start complaining!

Stop it.
Devil_SlayerJan 27, 2019 2:27 AM
Jan 27, 2019 2:56 AM

Apr 2018
doomrider7 said:
Ryulightorb said:

JBS

Other takes,

Ike

Rynnec

Iaculus

Clarste

Crinias

My dog read not just all the novels but even the author's mind and said it's a masterpiece, what now?
What's the meaning of quoting opinions you can't even support if someone argue back?
And goddammit when people will understand that having read the novels =/= being right, I read the novels as well and the few comments I bothered reading before getting a cancer and give up on reading sounded pretty retarded to me, either call for your gang to comment their shit first-hand or don't even bother commenting at all.
vhagar8Jan 27, 2019 3:08 AM
Jan 27, 2019 3:30 AM
Oct 2016
vhagar8 said:
doomrider7 said:

JBS

Other takes,

Ike

Rynnec

Iaculus

Clarste

Crinias

My dog read not just all the novels but even the author's mind and said it's a masterpiece, what now?
What's the meaning of quoting opinions you can't even support if someone argue back?
And goddammit when people will understand that having read the novels =/= being right, I read the novels as well and the few comments I bothered reading before getting a cancer and give up on reading sounded pretty retarded to me, either call for your gang to comment their shit first-hand or don't even bother commenting at all.

There's so many funny misconceptions and ignorant statements in all this. AHAHhahah.
Jan 27, 2019 4:14 AM

Jan 2015
Demyx_IX said:
AnimeSucks420 said:

way to have a garbage taste

If you're not going to bother writing out a well thought out comment saying why you think it's 'garbage', then you shouldn't bother writing anything when people call you out for it.
Also your signature is the embodiment for how little thought you've put into the show if you think that it's a 'typical harem isekai' with a 'typical self-insert MC'. 3 episodes in and the MC does not have a harem, and that won't be changing for close to the entire running of the show, nor is he a; 'stupidly op MC with no personality'.

Right, this is an anime only show which doesn't have an already finished novel, so I can't know that it will turn into a garbage harem, my bad.
Jan 27, 2019 6:08 AM

Mar 2018
Not even going to read this. why do i need someone bashing one of my favorite anime.
Jan 27, 2019 6:46 AM

Nov 2011
AnimeSucks420 said:
Demyx_IX said:

If you're not going to bother writing out a well thought out comment saying why you think it's 'garbage', then you shouldn't bother writing anything when people call you out for it.
Also your signature is the embodiment for how little thought you've put into the show if you think that it's a 'typical harem isekai' with a 'typical self-insert MC'. 3 episodes in and the MC does not have a harem, and that won't be changing for close to the entire running of the show, nor is he a; 'stupidly op MC with no personality'.

Right, this is an anime only show which doesn't have an already finished novel, so I can't know that it will turn into a garbage harem, my bad.
You do realize that for an anime to be considered a harem, the protagonist needs to show interest in having a romantic relationship with multiple women, right?
Jan 27, 2019 7:21 AM

Jan 2015
Demyx_IX said:
AnimeSucks420 said:

You do realize that for an anime to be considered a harem, the protagonist needs to show interest in having a romantic relationship with multiple women, right?

read the novel ending before talking bullshit, thanks.
Jan 27, 2019 7:26 AM
Dec 2018
AnimeSucks420 said:
Demyx_IX said:

series still ongoing with vol 20 amd no harem so far only 2 really love him the rest only loves him has a father like firo and other one worthships him has a god like atla
AnitekuJan 27, 2019 7:30 AM
Jan 27, 2019 8:35 AM

Apr 2012
the usual snowflake thread here on mal... "i dont like something so i have to make an topic about it where i whine about stuff that doesnt get explained in the first 3 episodes" ....

oh, now i know again, why i am not active in this snowflake board where half of the ppl thinking they could it better.
Jan 27, 2019 8:36 AM

Jan 2015
Aniteku said:
AnimeSucks420 said:

series still ongoing with vol 20 amd no harem so far only 2 really love him the rest only loves him has a father like firo and other one worthships him has a god like atla

the web novel is finished, and looking at how the author didnt delete atla seems like he did not learn how to write better, so the ln will have the same garbage harem ending. it will be more than 2 dont worry.
Jan 27, 2019 8:39 AM
Dec 2018
AnimeSucks420 said:
Demyx_IX said:

ok now it becomes your opinion instead hinting that you read everything and say it ends with a bad harem if anything mc dies in the end idk.
Jan 27, 2019 9:32 AM

Feb 2011
AnimeSucks420 said:
Demyx_IX said:

Watch the whole adaptation before talking BS yourself. Just because the WN has a harem ending doesn't mean the adaptation will. No one should be criticizing adaptations based on the source material to begin with. Adaptations can be executed far worse or far better than the source material. BTW, LN ending hasn't even been released yet. If your referring to the WN, I've read it myself. Adaption doesn't even plan to go that far. At least you don't deny your being bias here. We can care less what you think of everyone's taste in anime. It's entertainment that's not meant for everyone to begin with. As for over hyping, I don't see several threads calling this AOTY. Everyone is just getting triggered by MAL's scoring system. Why should we care about an early score when it's the end score that matters most?
ReloadJan 27, 2019 2:46 PM
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Jan 27, 2019 10:20 AM

Nov 2011
AnimeSucks420 said:
Demyx_IX said:

You do realize that there's more than one source for the anime, right? The manga isn't done, nor is the light novel. So just because the web novel is a harem ending, doesn't mean that the other two will automatically be as well. And I highly doubt that the show will go to the end of the webnovel, given that through 3 episodes, they have not finished covering the first volume of the light novel. Oh and just so you know, the light novel diverges from the web novel in book 5 of the light novel. So really, the only one that is talking bullshit is you
Demyx_IXJan 27, 2019 10:28 AM
Jan 27, 2019 10:24 AM

Jan 2015
Reload said:
AnimeSucks420 said:

Watch the whole adaptation before talking BS yourself. Just because the WN has a harem ending doesn't mean the adaptation will. No one should be criticizing adaptations based on the source material to begin with. Adaptations can be executed far worse or far better than the source material. BTW, LN ending hasn't even been released yet. If your referring to the WN, I've read it myself. Adaption doesn't even plan to go that far. At least you don't deny your being bias here. We can care less what you think of everyone's taste in anime. It's entertainment that's not meant for everyone to begin with. As for over hyping, I don't see several threads calling this AOTY. Everyone is just getting triggered by MAL's scoring system. Why should we care about an early score when the it's the end score that matters most?

why shouldnt people judge an adaptation based on the source? if the source is a pile of badly written garbage, the adaptation will be the same... they will not rewrite the entire thing when they adapt something that's why it's an ADAPTATION. if they want to make a different story then they would do sth anime original.. and no MAL scores dont matter at all, period. not even the end score.

@Demyx_IX it's irrelevant whether it gets to the end or not if something is garbage, it's garbage, doesn't matter if they adapt it all or not, and hopefully this will be the only season...
you realise there is only ONE source, and all the others -ln, manga, anime- are adaptations of that ONE source? what you are saying doesn't make sense at all.
Jan 27, 2019 10:27 AM

Sep 2018
AnimeSucks420 said:
why shouldnt people judge an adaptation based on the source? if the source is a pile of badly written garbage, the adaptation will be the same... they will not rewrite the entire thing when they adapt something that's why it's an ADAPTATION. if they want to make a different story then they would do sth anime original.. and no MAL scores dont matter at all, period. not even the end score.

@Demyx_IX it's irrelevant whether it gets to the end or not if something is garbage, it's garbage, doesn't matter if they adapt it all or not, and hopefully this will be the only season...
you realise there is only ONE source, and all the others -ln, manga, anime- are adaptations of that ONE source? what you are saying doesn't make sense at all.

Um... because the light novel makes a lot of changes from the web novel? We already see how the anime adaptation puts some changes of its own, as well.

And saying that it's garbage over and over again doesn't make your claim anymore right. The fact that your only purpose here is to scream at the clouds makes me question your overall sanity or if you're just a troll who's putting up an act for the laughs.
Jan 27, 2019 10:36 AM

Nov 2011
AnimeSucks420 said:
Reload said:

Watch the whole adaptation before talking BS yourself. Just because the WN has a harem ending doesn't mean the adaptation will. No one should be criticizing adaptations based on the source material to begin with. Adaptations can be executed far worse or far better than the source material. BTW, LN ending hasn't even been released yet. If your referring to the WN, I've read it myself. Adaption doesn't even plan to go that far. At least you don't deny your being bias here. We can care less what you think of everyone's taste in anime. It's entertainment that's not meant for everyone to begin with. As for over hyping, I don't see several threads calling this AOTY. Everyone is just getting triggered by MAL's scoring system. Why should we care about an early score when the it's the end score that matters most?

It does matter, because your entire claim is that its going to be a harem isekai. And as I said in my edited post that you didn't see, is that the light novel diverges away from the web novel, and even the most recent chapter of the manga diverges from the light novel. In other words, there is no telling if the anime will diverge from the others, or stick to one of the three.

The only one that is talking bullshit around here is you.
Jan 27, 2019 10:36 AM
Dec 2018
@AnimeSucks420 all your complaints about the shield hero are exacly the same for SAO and you give it a 10... oh wait i get it why you dont like shield hero
Jan 27, 2019 10:59 AM

Jul 2015
isekai has its rules
or i ll say it diffrentely it has no rules coz its isekai
if u write isekai that genre forgives alot of mistakes coz u can always say thats how it is int his world basically

Well...
Jan 27, 2019 11:11 AM

Apr 2007
OnionKnightRises said:

While I disagree that the transition is essential, we at least agree on the transition could have been better. It would have been much easier for me to just let slide if it was far more gradual instead of the suddenness. It's like a time-skip that just happened for one single character. My criticisms aren't really damning the ideas, but the writing. Doesn't matter if an idea is great or poor, what matters is execution, so the mishandling of these ideas bother me more than others.

Can we atleast agree that two or even three episodes isn't enough time to come to that conclusion? There are things a mature character can add to a series that a child clearly cannot. In-fact, episode 4 is going to put that into perspective. There was a purpose for child Raphtalia to exist, and there will be a purpose for adult Raphtalia to exist.

Jan 27, 2019 11:34 AM

Jan 2015
Aniteku said:
@AnimeSucks420 all your complaints about the shield hero are exacly the same for SAO and you give it a 10... oh wait i get it why you dont like shield hero

sao is not a harem but nice try
you have raph in your favorites, you will be dissapointed at the end :)

the other 2 fanboys are not even worth answering
BestBoiErenJan 27, 2019 11:38 AM
Jan 27, 2019 11:40 AM

Apr 2007
AnimeSucks420 said:
Aniteku said:

I have Raph in my favorites and I liked the ending.

How does one get through an entire WN without actually liking the content, anyways?
Jan 27, 2019 11:44 AM

Nov 2011
AnimeSucks420 said:
Aniteku said:

In other words, you are unable to think of a rebuttal to what we said, and are running away.

Don't worry, I don't think that you're worth responding to, either.
Jan 27, 2019 11:52 AM

Sep 2018
AnimeSucks420 said:

So you can't formulate an argument and only have the mental capacity to make unsubstantiated assertions. There's a reason why the NPC label fits you so perfectly...
Jan 27, 2019 12:01 PM

Nov 2016
clarazora said:
This anime feels like when SAO started airing.

Wasn't SAO loved by everyone when it came out? From What I remember the hate didn't start until the anime hit its 2nd half and Didn't become widespread until the series ended.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2019 12:03 PM

Nov 2016
VeryLTTP said:
AnimeSucks420 said:

So you can't formulate an argument and only have the mental capacity to make unsubstantiated assertions. There's a reason why the NPC label fits you so perfectly...

Stuff like this is why this Forum is Shit. Everyone says they want a rebuttal when there's nothing to rebutte. They want discussion when they aren't giving nything worthy of it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2019 1:04 PM

Jul 2015
AnimeSucks420 said:
Reload said:

good thing the source is objectively not garbage.
Shield hero is one of the more logical and well written LN out there.
The motives and people are logical and make sense and heros reactions make sense etc.
Jan 27, 2019 1:16 PM

Oct 2010
mostly valid nitpicking but the setting is pretty ok

it was absolutely horrible in the first 20 min but after he became an "underdog" and got "mad " it turned so much better

half of the nitpicking can be forgiven i suppose as well

hopefully the fights improve later on
lots of music -
Jan 27, 2019 3:17 PM

Jan 2015
Demyx_IX said:
AnimeSucks420 said:

In other words, you are unable to think of a rebuttal to what we said, and are running away.

Don't worry, I don't think that you're worth responding to, either.

yet you 2 clowns still keep tagging me, weird

@VeryLTTP
just because you repeat the same 'insult' it won't make you cooler, now pls fuck off with that absolute trash taste of yours, thanks

@Killuan well idk what to say then if you like that garbage ending

@Ryulightorb good thing that no one gave a fuck about this novel before the anime, and even the anime is not that popular, and its objectively fucking trash
what makes sense in this shit? nothing new compared to other harem isekais, same self-insert MC becomes god bullshit, its literally a pile of trash
Jan 27, 2019 3:34 PM

Sep 2018
AnimeSucks420 said:
just because you repeat the same 'insult' it won't make you cooler, now pls fuck off with that absolute trash taste of yours, thanks

Thank you for proving my point once again and perhaps you should follow your own advice. Your behavior is completely predictable as you clearly cannot handle dissent and thus, unable to provide a refutation whether it be a good or bad one. The NPC 'insult' has some truth to it in contrast to yours which are completely unsubstantiated and rage-driven.
Jan 27, 2019 3:49 PM

Apr 2007
AnimeSucks420 said:

@Killuan well idk what to say then if you like that garbage ending

That said, I certainly wouldn't call this season a harem. If there is a second season, it still may not classify as one. The harem aspect doesn't show up until far into the LN/WN
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

545 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 29, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2019

242 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 26, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

271 by Der_Body »»
Apr 26, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 26, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

195 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 26, 7:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.