Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Feb 12, 2019 6:36 PM
Jul 2018

I'm sure Banana Fish should count... think so?
Feb 12, 2019 9:15 PM

Mar 2016
Alderaminn said:

3) I have 0 idea which titles I should use for (I.06), (I.10), (I.20, (I.27). It'd be perfect for very short titles but I'll appreciate any suggestion~

Also, may I ask for a manga suggestion needed for (I.25)? Any genre would do just please, smth really short, I've already packed myself with a lot of 10+ volumes titles... Thanks a lot! <3

Well, here goes
6. Sengoku Youko for something quality, Carnival Glare for speed. I always struggle with this one myself
10. Onanie Master Kurosawa, Rurouni Kenshin or Seven Days if you don't mind yaoi, which seems to be most of the titles available for this one.
20. Sekine-kun no Koi or Koroshiya 1 and Benkei in New York to get something a little different for this one
25. Kiku and Kijin Gahou seem to be fairly different from what you go for, hope they add a little spice
EDIT
27. Wolfsmund I'm cheating here and just putting the rec from faq here 'cause I have no idea for this one
We have a rec for every challenge on the first post by the way. Feel free to ask for recs, just mentioning it since it's not too obvious
Ironclad_CobraFeb 12, 2019 9:20 PM
Feb 12, 2019 10:46 PM

Dec 2018
Alderaminn said:

I watched Death Note anime waaaaay back in my fan begginings and recently I've tried to read manga with no much luck. I think Death Note is this kind of story that you can fully enjoy only when you have 0 idea about plot, characters and the intrigue. Otherwise you quickly loose reading/watching flow and focus on plotholes and weak points which this title is really full of. And since it's nowadays a wide-known classic, it's hard to have no spoilers before reading.

For me the biggest disappointment was so far Mushishi. Everyone had been recommending it to me since I can remember, it's very highly ranted here and on other sites, it was even published in my country by a publishing house known for translating only remarkable mangas... It is, indeed, a very good title, with perfect story and character writing but... I think it was lacking of emotions. It had no main plot, characters were changing with every chapter, the main one was very distanced and had no charisma, art style wasn't helping at all since author has a habit of giving everyone the same face and facial expressions. Can't say I hated it or that I lost time for reading it but really can't undestand all the praise it gets.

I did go into it pretty blind, the only thing I knew was there was a book that killed people and devils (the shinigami). I haven't seen the anime either. I'm doing this challenge as a way to introduce myself to manga really.

As I said not something I hated, but just didn't understand the praise.

Banana Fish looks interesting, may add that to my challenge.

Feb 12, 2019 10:58 PM

Dec 2018
I've just read Teppu for Intermediate - Read a sports manga.

I am a HUGE Hajime no Ippo fan and the 2/3rds of Teppu was so good I thought it was better then Ippo, then sadly it lowers in quality (apparently it went on a Hiatus due to authors bad health) and then ends pretty quickly. I really feel this could've been an all time classic if it'd got to continue.

Also if anyone has any recommendations for an artist who can draw, or a title including, women with abs this good then I'd like to know.

Edit: Not sure what I'm doing wrong with image posting there?

Feb 13, 2019 2:15 AM

Mar 2013
All Rounder Meguru focuses on a dude for the most part but there are several supporting girls with the sick abs.

Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? is literally just about girls getting swole. (also is ecchi)

Saotome Girl, Hitakakusu is about a chump dating a girl boxer.

Feb 13, 2019 3:33 AM

Dec 2018
AudioTsunami said:
All Rounder Meguru focuses on a dude for the most part but there are several supporting girls with the sick abs.

Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? is literally just about girls getting swole. (also is ecchi)

Saotome Girl, Hitakakusu is about a chump dating a girl boxer.

Ace, all 3 look fun. Definitely adding them to my list! Thanks
Flash87Feb 13, 2019 3:42 AM

Feb 13, 2019 5:44 AM

Nov 2017
HeNrYTG50 said:

1. I'd say it counts, haven't read it tho. :P
2. Being in space would count.
I'll get back to you with recs after a while. :D

Thanks! Since a lot of you support the idea, I think it'll be safe to go with Banana Fish :p

Ironclad_Cobra said:
Alderaminn said:

3) I have 0 idea which titles I should use for (I.06), (I.10), (I.20, (I.27). It'd be perfect for very short titles but I'll appreciate any suggestion~

Also, may I ask for a manga suggestion needed for (I.25)? Any genre would do just please, smth really short, I've already packed myself with a lot of 10+ volumes titles... Thanks a lot! <3

Well, here goes
6. Sengoku Youko for something quality, Carnival Glare for speed. I always struggle with this one myself
10. Onanie Master Kurosawa, Rurouni Kenshin or Seven Days if you don't mind yaoi, which seems to be most of the titles available for this one.
20. Sekine-kun no Koi or Koroshiya 1 and Benkei in New York to get something a little different for this one
25. Kiku and Kijin Gahou seem to be fairly different from what you go for, hope they add a little spice
EDIT
27. Wolfsmund I'm cheating here and just putting the rec from faq here 'cause I have no idea for this one
We have a rec for every challenge on the first post by the way. Feel free to ask for recs, just mentioning it since it's not too obvious

WOW! This is so helpful, thank you very much! <3

Feb 13, 2019 6:27 AM
Jul 2018
Alderaminn said:
HeNrYTG50 said:

1. I'd say it counts, haven't read it tho. :P
2. Being in space would count.
I'll get back to you with recs after a while. :D

Thanks! Since a lot of you support the idea, I think it'll be safe to go with Banana Fish :p

Ironclad_Cobra said:

Well, here goes
EDIT

WOW! This is so helpful, thank you very much! <3

Want to add: I picked this for 10, because it's on my ptr since a while: https://myanimelist.net/manga/30079/Annarasumanara

This is something I rec to everyone lol: https://myanimelist.net/manga/97244/Shimanami_Tasogare

https://myanimelist.net/manga/45669/Bluish
Overall it's pretty good, but I got the feeling that the author wanted to write a longer story, but the publisher shortened it to two volumes or something.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/23419/Byousoku_5_Centimeter You either love or hate it.

Banana Fish is something I want to read too one day, maybe for a challenge item this year, because I want to see the difference to the anime.

Feb 14, 2019 11:43 AM

Dec 2015
Hello,

I'm planning to read 2 manga with more than 20 volumes each in Novice level, can I begin Apprentice level before I finish them ?
Feb 14, 2019 1:43 PM

Feb 2015
SukiiFu said:
Hello,

I'm planning to read 2 manga with more than 20 volumes each in Novice level, can I begin Apprentice level before I finish them ?

Don't think so

It's stated that it is required that you complete all Novice entries before you start reading Apprentice tier stuff. Also, written in bold "This means you can only read manga for one section at a time.", which I understand as being able to start 20+ anytime, but only being able to use them in the tier you're currently working on.

I mean, if it worked your Novice tier's finish date could potentially be later than your Apprentice tier's finish date, which doesn't really make sense.

Then again, I'm no mod, so let's wait for their take on this.
Feb 14, 2019 2:43 PM

Apr 2013
SukiiFu said:
Hello,

Hi! Unfortunately, you need to finish a tier completely before passing to the next, as Aemnesias said.
You can start 20+ volume manga at any time, but it's intended for you to be able to use them for higher tiers, so you finish them once you get there.
Feb 14, 2019 11:27 PM

Dec 2015
@Aemnesias @HeNrYTG50 Thank you both for answering,
I see :(
Feb 15, 2019 2:41 AM

Mar 2016
SukiiFu said:
Thank you both for answering,

You still can read them now and use them for later, though! Just find a replacement for the two you've wanted to use in the novice-tier. ;)
Feb 15, 2019 4:38 AM

Dec 2015
Schlopsi said:
SukiiFu said:
Thank you both for answering,

You still can read them now and use them for later, though! Just find a replacement for the two you've wanted to use in the novice-tier. ;)

Yeah I'm gonna do that :), while I'm at it can I have a manga for this item please (I want to plan ahead)
(Ad.19) Read a random manga assigned to you by a challenge staff member

& from anyone else for this too please
(I.25) Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread
Feb 15, 2019 4:46 AM

Mar 2016
SukiiFu said:

Yeah I'm gonna do that :), while I'm at it can I have a manga for this item please (I want to plan ahead)
(Ad.19) Read a random manga assigned to you by a challenge staff member

Sure! Here you go: Yoshiwara Hana Oboro
Feb 15, 2019 5:39 AM

Dec 2015
^ Thank you so much :)
Feb 15, 2019 6:31 AM

Mar 2016
SukiiFu said:

(I.25) Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread

Since your list isn't all that similar to mine and there aren't any scores I just went with a few vaguely connected to what you've read/watched and one based on your ptr.
Out
Kokou no Hito
YuYuHakusho
Feb 15, 2019 8:45 AM

Dec 2015
Ironclad_Cobra said:
SukiiFu said:

Since your list isn't all that similar to mine and there aren't any scores I just went with a few vaguely connected to what you've read/watched and one based on your ptr.
Out
Kokou no Hito
YuYuHakusho

lol even though we both read a lot, there isn't much shared manga between us, but it's fine, it's good to read something I didn't have my eyes on, mhmmm I'm more into Out, but it's ongoing, so maybe The Climber .... I will see till then, thank you for the recommendation :)
Feb 17, 2019 11:16 AM

Feb 2015
"Read a collection of short stories. - They can be a compilation by the same author or by different authors"

Anyone recommends a manga for this requisite?
Feb 17, 2019 1:08 PM

Mar 2013
Partizanki said:
"Read a collection of short stories. - They can be a compilation by the same author or by different authors"

Goggles
nickelodeon
love letter
Kikimimi Zukan
Feb 17, 2019 2:08 PM

Feb 2015
AudioTsunami said:
Partizanki said:

Goggles
nickelodeon
love letter
Kikimimi Zukan

Thank you very much! :)
Feb 17, 2019 9:20 PM
M♛RRIED BL L♥VER

Jan 2013
When posting for turn in do the challenge list numbers need to be sequential? As I have it now, they are all 1- the amount needed for the level. Novice being numbered 1-10 and Apprentice numbered 1-15 and so on. Is that alright? Or, should it be changed so that the numbers go from 1-65 (including Expert)??

LINKS
☆:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::☆
Members Cards
Clubs
Challenges
Favorites
☆:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::☆
Forum by Evil Club - snowman 2023

Feb 17, 2019 10:00 PM

Apr 2013
RachelPanda said:
When posting for turn in do the challenge list numbers need to be sequential? As I have it now, they are all 1- the amount needed for the level. Novice being numbered 1-10 and Apprentice numbered 1-15 and so on. Is that alright? Or, should it be changed so that the numbers go from 1-65 (including Expert)??

Whichever way is fine. :)
Feb 18, 2019 1:04 PM

Mar 2017
So I've got a question about a challenge entry.

Read a completed manga scored highest by the user that posted directly above/below you.

What happens if the person above/below you withdraws from the challenge? Does the manga they scored still count?
Feb 18, 2019 1:35 PM

Apr 2013
BrainpanSonata said:
So I've got a question about a challenge entry.

Read a completed manga scored highest by the user that posted directly above/below you.

What happens if the person above/below you withdraws from the challenge? Does the manga they scored still count?

Sure. :) We should still be able to check their score for the manga.
Feb 20, 2019 6:22 PM

Dec 2018
Quick Question: for apprentice level task 27:. Read a GAR manga... Does this count?

https://myanimelist.net/manga/14121/Oyaji

Feb 20, 2019 11:03 PM

Apr 2013
Flash87 said:
Quick Question: for apprentice level task 27:. Read a GAR manga... Does this count?

https://myanimelist.net/manga/14121/Oyaji

Yeah, let's count it. :P
Feb 21, 2019 6:50 AM
Jul 2018
Question. I'm looking for a 4-koma/web manga for the Apprentice level task 1.
I was wondering if this one counts?
https://myanimelist.net/manga/75749/

If not, is there any other manga for this task? I'm looking for completed ones, not publishing.
Feb 21, 2019 7:18 AM

Mar 2016
LemonBaskets said:
Question. I'm looking for a 4-koma/web manga for the Apprentice level task 1.
I was wondering if this one counts?
https://myanimelist.net/manga/75749/

If not, is there any other manga for this task? I'm looking for completed ones, not publishing.

Yes, it does count.
You could also use one of these:
https://myanimelist.net/manga/14504/Yandere_Kanojo
https://myanimelist.net/manga/58027/Tsurezure_Children
https://myanimelist.net/manga/11294/Mangaka-san_to_Assistant-san_to
Or use this list (pretty much all of them should be completed): more 4-Koma titles
SchlopsiFeb 21, 2019 7:23 AM
Feb 21, 2019 8:13 AM
Jul 2018

Ah, alright, thank you so much!
Feb 21, 2019 10:59 AM
Jul 2018
>Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread. (intermediate challenge)

So please give some recommendations, preferably less than 6 volumes or so. Here is my signup post so that you can avoid recommending any manga which is already planned.
Feb 21, 2019 11:39 AM

Mar 2013
Densha Otoko
Natsu no Zenjitsu
Oyaji

@Frostbytes
Feb 21, 2019 11:49 AM
Jul 2018
AudioTsunami said:
Densha Otoko
Natsu no Zenjitsu
Oyaji

@Frostbytes

This version right? https://myanimelist.net/manga/1158/Densha_Otoko__Net_Hatsu_Kakueki_Teisha_no_Love_Story

anyway thanks, will probably read that or Oyaji
Feb 21, 2019 5:44 PM

Dec 2015
Hi again

(Ap.13) Read a manga based on a one-shot that got serialized.
Is Hungry Joker valid for this? this is the one-shot which I see it was published before the series > Hungry Joker
Feb 21, 2019 6:14 PM

Mar 2016
SukiiFu said:
Hi again

(Ap.13) Read a manga based on a one-shot that got serialized.
Is Hungry Joker valid for this? this is the one-shot which I see it was published before the series > Hungry Joker

Yupp, it is valid.
Feb 22, 2019 12:20 AM

Mar 2013
Frostbytes said:
AudioTsunami said:
Densha Otoko
Natsu no Zenjitsu
Oyaji

@Frostbytes

This version right? https://myanimelist.net/manga/1158/Densha_Otoko__Net_Hatsu_Kakueki_Teisha_no_Love_Story

Yeah that's the one.
Feb 22, 2019 8:44 AM

Dec 2018
Frostbytes said:
AudioTsunami said:
Densha Otoko
Natsu no Zenjitsu
Oyaji

@Frostbytes

Oyaji is great and a super quick read, Also valid as GAR manga so could read both.

Feb 22, 2019 8:48 AM
Jul 2018
Flash87 said:
Frostbytes said:

Oyaji is great and a super quick read, Also valid as GAR manga so could read both.

I already completed Apprentice level though. Anyway I will probably be reading Densha otoko in that 6 words or more in title manga, and Oyaji for a fellow manga participant recommendation.
Feb 23, 2019 11:12 PM
Jul 2018
Can anyone confirm whether this manga https://myanimelist.net/manga/28075/Zerozaki_Soushiki_no_Ningen_Shiken?q=Zerozaki qualifies for "Read a manga that with cover art that is primarily one color"? Thanks in advance.
Feb 23, 2019 11:53 PM

Dec 2018
For the MRC staff related ones (eg. Read one of their favourites...). That's the 4 friends of the mod that runs this thread right?

Feb 24, 2019 4:01 AM

Feb 2015
Flash87 said:
For the MRC staff related ones (eg. Read one of their favourites...). That's the 4 friends of the mod that runs this thread right?

Any users listed under "MRC STAFF MEMBERS" in the description here : https://myanimelist.net/profile/MRC_mod
Feb 24, 2019 7:19 AM

Jul 2017
(I.25) Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread.

As long as it's finished and not yaoi i'm fine.
Feb 24, 2019 7:38 AM

Nov 2017
Armandoriel said:
(I.25) Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread.

I recommend you some titles, choose the one you want so you can read: Teppuu (~36chaps), Ushio and Tora (~300chaps), Shooting girl (a single chapter), Jojo no kimyou na bouken (any part but if you begin, go on the 1st part, is 44 chaps) and another one, Rainbow (235 chaps). If you need others, tell me.
Feb 24, 2019 7:43 AM

Jul 2017
Kanji-chama said:
Armandoriel said:

I recommend you some titles, choose the one you want so you can read: Teppuu (~36chaps), Ushio and Tora (~300chaps), Shooting girl (a single chapter), Jojo no kimyou na bouken (any part but if you begin, go on the 1st part, is 44 chaps) and another one, Rainbow (235 chaps). If you need others, tell me.

Thanks, Teppu it is.
Feb 24, 2019 7:59 AM

Dec 2018
Armandoriel said:
Kanji-chama said:

Thanks, Teppu it is.

Good call, just read it also for another challenge. Loved it.

Feb 24, 2019 8:01 AM

Dec 2018
Aemnesias said:
Flash87 said:

Any users listed under "MRC STAFF MEMBERS" in the description here : https://myanimelist.net/profile/MRC_mod

Thanks, sorry was using mobile and often things don't show up.

Feb 24, 2019 1:32 PM

Mar 2016
Frostbytes said:
Can anyone confirm whether this manga https://myanimelist.net/manga/28075/Zerozaki_Soushiki_no_Ningen_Shiken?q=Zerozaki qualifies for "Read a manga that with cover art that is primarily one color"? Thanks in advance.

Yeah, you can use it.
Feb 25, 2019 1:22 PM
Oct 2017
Hi @MRC_mod
( Read a random manga assigned to you by a challenge staff member)
3_12 ch plz 🙏
Feb 25, 2019 2:14 PM

Mar 2016
kiv7 said:
Hi @MRC_mod
3_12 ch plz 🙏

You get Okujou-hime. Hope it turns out okay
Feb 25, 2019 2:41 PM
Oct 2017
Ironclad_Cobra said:
kiv7 said:
Hi @MRC_mod
3_12 ch plz 🙏

You get Okujou-hime. Hope it turns out okay
A little long but I'll try it out ^-^ Thanks a lot 🌺🌺🌺
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MRC_mod - Jan 20

156 by Saobenoit »»
4 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

385 by PurpleViola »»
Today, 5:12 AM

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

29 by Synrax »»
Yesterday, 1:49 PM

» Western Studio Adaptation of Berserk (Thoughts?)

FlydayEthan - Yesterday

0 by FlydayEthan »»
Yesterday, 11:08 AM

» Thoughts on long manga?

Chuckiemuffin - Feb 29

28 by Azuchi »»
Yesterday, 7:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.