Forum Settings
Forums

Have you ever met an "otherkin" in real life?

New
Dec 22, 2018 2:47 AM

Apr 2017
It's easy to find otherkins (people who see themselves as non-humans) on websites like Tumblr, but I personally never saw anyone claiming to be one in real life. Like, do they actually exist or is this just a form of roleplay? From what I've heard they seem to have quite ""strong"" personalities so that's quite surprising.

So have you ever met one? And do you have anecdotes about it? There aren't enough cringe compilations about it on Youtube and I'm in search of funny stories.

buy mochi at the mochi store
and friends at the friend store

Dec 22, 2018 2:56 AM

Jul 2017
i don't think so
and its the first time I've heard of this word
so thats useful to know
hmm back in highschool
there was this one guy who was wandering around my school (my hs located on a mountain, so there were villagers)
not sure if it is superstition but he claimed to be an advocate of a mythical entity and he 'accepted' humanity blah blah blah (I couldn't remember what he said exactly, a lot of mind fucking stuff)
maybe he is considered an otherkin idk

Dec 22, 2018 2:57 AM

Oct 2009
take ur pills bro. i'm worried about you
Dec 22, 2018 3:41 AM

Mar 2008
The internet is part of real life. I haven't met any face to face that I am aware of. I just have spoken to one online before which was type three of what I describe below.

There are three kinds of otherkin:

The people who relate to animals better than people so they start to identify with them. A decent number of these kind seem to have autism which is why they relate to animals more. This type is also more likely to be misanthropic.

The people who have a delusion that they are in every way this animal. They often have a psychotic disorder.

Then lastly the people who have a spiritual belief that they have the soul of a particular animal or were a certain animal in a past life. This also may relate to the first type I describe but not as likely to have autism and more likely to be fairly average in behaviour despite less common spiritual beliefs. I assume this type also at times can be misanthropic but less frequency than first type because they tend to be a bit more optimistic I think.
Dec 22, 2018 4:00 AM
Jul 2018
I've never heard of this and I feel very uncomfortable right now
Dec 22, 2018 4:03 AM

Jun 2015
I knew one in highschool, she was almost 300 pounds and wore a rainbow fox tail to school everyday. Somehow she ended up dating someone who i was friends with at the time too. Was fucking wild
Dec 22, 2018 4:36 AM

Mar 2008
trashie said:
I knew one in highschool, she was almost 300 pounds and wore a rainbow fox tail to school everyday. Somehow she ended up dating someone who i was friends with at the time too. Was fucking wild

Sure she wasn't just a furry or just liked the tail like a fashion thing? That isn't really enough to identify her as an otherkin from what little you said. I also had a girl who wore a tail pinned to her jeans every day at my school.
Dec 22, 2018 4:50 AM

Dec 2016
i knew a girl who was a furry (brought her costume in regularly for world book day and the like) but not anyone as ...unique as an otherkin. would be fascinated to meet one though.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Dec 22, 2018 4:53 AM

Jul 2013
mayoinnaisu said:

and its the first time I've heard of this word
so thats useful to know

Heh, not particularly. Legend has it there are only around 5 otherkin in existence...

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Dec 22, 2018 5:19 AM

Jun 2015
traed said:
trashie said:

Sure she wasn't just a furry or just liked the tail like a fashion thing? That isn't really enough to identify her as an otherkin from what little you said. I also had a girl who wore a tail pinned to her jeans every day at my school.

ye my friend ended up airing all her shit one day. I mean she also walked around school making fox noises so theres that too.
Dec 22, 2018 6:17 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Not that I know of.
Never came across a real-life furry either.
Dec 22, 2018 7:58 AM

Oct 2014
No. But I hope I find a deerkin during deer season so I can see how much they truly believe in their identity.
Dec 22, 2018 9:52 AM

May 2013
Well, I've definitely met furries, which is like the same thing.

You're gonna get jumped by some furries one day bro hahah.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Dec 22, 2018 1:59 PM

Nov 2016
Apparently I did? I used to be in their circle back in ninth grade but due to drama with one friend, I separated from that group but still had their tumblr's. According to some posts they reblogged and a mutual friend, they were big-time furries and had 'kin' and listed a whole ass page of that and yeah. To this day I still get a good laugh out of that (and am thankful to have dipped when I did)
・゚☆✧you were like a glass and I always melted in you

Dec 22, 2018 3:31 PM

Sep 2014
as long as they watched anime...I would be cool wit it.
Dec 22, 2018 3:54 PM
Jul 2018
no, most of them spend their time away from normal people
Dec 22, 2018 3:58 PM

Dec 2015
Yeah, she said she was red panda and I said I was a marmoset.
It was the most creepy yet compelling sex I have ever had.
Dec 22, 2018 11:02 PM

Feb 2017
Nope, I've known a few furries and plenty of bronies but never an "Otherkin". Heard of it though. I'm sure If I travel around enough and talk to some random folks I could find one.
Dec 23, 2018 5:30 AM

Jul 2009
Never heard/met/saw these things outside of Tumblr and Devianart.
And I hope I never do.

This is a typical "otherkin" if somebody here wonders.
Dec 23, 2018 3:39 PM

Jul 2015
you've gotta be insane to actually think you're a tortoise.
Dec 23, 2018 3:57 PM

Sep 2018
no and i hope i never do

i have met a couple furries though, however furries aren’t as bad as everyone makes em sound as the ones i’ve met at like conventions or whatever are really nice and normal people...except for my friends’ little sister...god help her

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is intelligence overrated?

pludel2 - Mar 29

27 by KitsuFrost »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 8 minutes ago

0 by deg »»
8 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

44 by Vampire_Lord »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

30 by deg »»
2 hours ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

32 by Spunkert »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.