Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2018 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
If there's any pair of players to keep an eye on this episode/arc, it's definitely the Tachibana brothers.

Good momentum this episode from both teams. However, I think Tachibana stole the episode's spotlight in particular with their flying technique. I'm quite impressed.

A very exciting episode imo. Those Tachibana brothers are inspirational.
Dec 17, 2018 9:05 AM

Nov 2007
Showing how twins trained to master new skill.

Hyuga guy's team trying to win all the way without Hyuga.

Tsubasa trying to block their shoot. Tsubasa realized Twins decided on their own not to shoot.

Second half adding tall guy. He has a strong kick power. Tsubasa trying again.

Tsubasa blocked it, but when falling, he protected enemy team.

Two of three went on the goal trying to block it.

Lower shoot, huh. And they got it.

One more chance to jump high.

Twins, who waits to cure their legs, seeing Tsubasa's strategy, blocking the pass, so drive shoot.

Oh, the new ED album releasing tomorrow...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 19, 2018 3:34 AM

Jul 2017
Good episode overall
Dec 19, 2018 9:25 AM

Jul 2016
Kid falls from 3-4 meters high*

Referee: "Kid, are you ok?"

Me: "..."

And the absurd continues... not the best episode I must say but it was ok overall. Looking forward to its end tho.
Dec 19, 2018 11:25 AM

Oct 2015
So that's how Tsubasa gets that shoulder injury. Then what I remembered is something that's yet to come.

That cliffhanger at the end is sick! None of the previous episodes felt like this. It's like being a kid again, and waiting again to learn what's going to happen in the next episode. I'm just really curious if his shoulder's going to act up, or if he's really going to pull it off, and people will get surprised by his skills, or he's just going to screw up.
Dec 19, 2018 8:26 PM

Jan 2016
I've watched this anime in the past but I don't know the shoulder injury is from Tachibana Twins I thought it's because of..

Really worth watching this in 2018 again. That cliffhanger though...
I want to see the drive shoot~~

tsubasalover said:

Really? Thanks for the info.. been waiting for it XD
Dec 19, 2018 9:59 PM

Nov 2007
RyouHayato said:
tsubasalover said:

Really? Thanks for the info.. been waiting for it XD
I did know about the release, but just forgot the release date until the ep. reminded me at the end (with the present giveaway during the ED this ep.)
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 23, 2018 10:26 AM

Jul 2016
I'm not sure why I stupidly allow myself getting cliff-hanged by a series that has ended 30 years ago.
Dec 24, 2018 7:23 PM

Dec 2014
Tsubasa being the hero and suffering that terrible shoulder injury. :(

Here we go, the forthcoming matches are gonna get real messy because of these injuries but from what I've seen so far in this adaptation, it looks like they might downplay the injury which is a great thing.

Drive shot cliffhanger at the end was awesome.
Feb 16, 2019 4:02 AM

Dec 2015
Were techniques relying so much on recyclable footage in the previous TV versions?

4/5

@Lelouch0202 What do you mean by downplaying?
Lelouch0202 said:
The whole injuiry seems to be handled better here because they aren't focusing too much on Tsubasa's suffering.

I see ! Indeed, it was often used as a way of filling air timeback then.

@otterman965 Because it's a neverending journey (if you count the various incarnations up to the last seinen publications)? Right now, it's all about the Olympics if I remember well.
Rei_IIIFeb 16, 2019 6:58 AM
Feb 16, 2019 6:17 AM

Dec 2014
Rei366 said:

@Lelouch0202 What do you mean by downplaying?

They way they're presenting Tsubasa's injury I mean. From what I remember of the original from a long time ago, there was way too much focus on Tsubasa's injuries with them constantly showing him suffering because of it. You'd often see him clutching his shoulder and reacting to the pain that at one point it becomes a little tiring to watch. Though that might just be a product of the original being so much longer and dragged out. The whole injuiry seems to be handled better here because they aren't focusing too much on Tsubasa's suffering.
Jan 2, 2021 4:05 PM

Dec 2007
really waste, instead of training tactic they training on some aerial technique...

and from the way the opening showed the shoulder injury, you would say it would be much more dramatic.

More topics from this board

» Can I enjoy this?

Kirukato05 - Feb 10

3 by JaysonNnN »»
Feb 11, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2018

49 by thepath »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 AM

» Are there any filler episodes?

BestWeebOT - Mar 23, 2023

2 by BestWeebOT »»
Mar 23, 2023 3:41 AM

» New season scheduled for October 2023

Klad - Mar 22, 2023

4 by davidyodo24 »»
Mar 22, 2023 9:44 PM

» First PV of 2nd Season and Studio Changes

Dbagas8 - Mar 22, 2023

0 by Dbagas8 »»
Mar 22, 2023 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.