Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 7, 2018 10:27 AM

Jan 2009
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1070890625803804672

there you go they are both equal in power, its just that potara fusion last longer i guess
Dec 13, 2018 7:16 PM
Oct 2016
Hey whoever is in charge, update the ratings. Average rating is 9.5/10 at the moment. Not 7.5/10!
draco11Dec 13, 2018 9:35 PM
Dec 13, 2018 7:23 PM

Oct 2017
I no longer take anything that happens in this series seriously now, since Akira keeps on rewriting and changing shit. Anything can be unreliable at any point due to this.
Dec 13, 2018 8:57 PM

Jul 2016
They have been able to blow up the moon and move faster than the eye can see since Goku was a kid.

Broly is mad at Goku for crying when they were babies.

I don't think we are supposed to take this upcoming movie very seriously.
Dec 13, 2018 9:34 PM
Oct 2016
Tapertrain said:
They have been able to blow up the moon and move faster than the eye can see since Goku was a kid.

You are so damn knowledgeable. God bless you.
Dec 13, 2018 11:15 PM

Jul 2016
draco11 said:
Tapertrain said:

I've only really seen the TFS parody and Plaugeofgripes's videos on Youtube. The video game Dragon Ball Tenkaichi 3 is also fun.

The series is fascinating to look at from the outside.
Dec 14, 2018 11:13 PM

Feb 2015
Tapertrain said:
draco11 said:

I've only really seen the TFS parody and Plaugeofgripes's videos on Youtube. The video game Dragon Ball Tenkaichi 3 is also fun.

Try reading the manga, it's actually good

Dec 14, 2018 11:40 PM

Jul 2016
SteelingMax said:
Tapertrain said:

Try reading the manga, it's actually good

I've been thinking about it.
Dec 15, 2018 4:33 PM

Jul 2017
draco11 said:
Hey whoever is in charge, update the ratings. Average rating is 9.5/10 at the moment. Not 7.5/10!
haven't seen the movie but if it's as good as DBS was, then it probably deserves a solid... 2! jk, it's hardly a 2 maybe a solid 1
Dec 15, 2018 4:50 PM
Mar 2018
Zehennagel said:
draco11 said:
haven't seen the movie but if it's as good as DBS was, then it probably deserves a solid... 2! jk, it's hardly a 2 maybe a solid 1

Nah far from it the animation is AMAZING and its the first time im seeing CGI done well in animes.
Dec 16, 2018 4:17 AM

Dec 2015
What's the point? Everyone knows power levels in dragon ball are bs.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 16, 2018 4:33 AM

Sep 2014
how is something which might as well be in the info or synopsis corner canon

Atleast vegetto is actually canon in DBZ
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 16, 2018 5:01 AM

Jul 2016
Comander-07 said:

Gogeta is also canon now, so your points?
Dec 16, 2018 7:11 AM

Sep 2014
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Comander-07 said:

me - canon in DBZ

you - canon in a dragonball super movie

Dec 16, 2018 7:21 AM

Jan 2016
Comander-07 said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

me - canon in DBZ

this movie is canon to the whole lore.
Dec 16, 2018 7:25 AM

Sep 2014
RobinTheKing said:
Comander-07 said:

me - canon in DBZ

Nothing is canon to the whole lore anymore. Akira is way too old to even remember his own characters and the companies are only in it for the money.

So, it is not canon.
Dec 16, 2018 8:17 AM

Jul 2016
Comander-07 said:
RobinTheKing said:

Nothing is canon to the whole lore anymore. Akira is way too old to even remember his own characters and the companies are only in it for the money.

So, it is not canon.

According to that logic, Vegetto is also not canon too despite the fact he was indeed canon.

Your argument make no sense at all.
Dec 16, 2018 8:23 AM

Jul 2017
XYZAX said:
Zehennagel said:

Nah far from it the animation is AMAZING and its the first time im seeing CGI done well in animes.
no offense but coming from someone who gave dragon ball super a 10/10 I can hardly consider your opinion.
Dec 16, 2018 9:05 AM

Sep 2014
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Comander-07 said:

So, it is not canon.

According to that logic, Vegetto is also not canon too despite the fact he was indeed canon.

how so? That was 20 years ago, now is a different time.

Just because some company buys Star Wars and calls whatever they shit out canon, it doesnt actually mean its relevant to the real star wars stuff. Its kinda the same here.
Dec 17, 2018 12:29 AM

Jul 2016
Comander-07 said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Just because some company buys Star Wars and calls whatever they shit out canon, it doesnt actually mean its relevant to the real star wars stuff. Its kinda the same here.

How is being released at a different time can suddenly make a different canon??? You said it like as if this movie has completely nothing to do with Toriyama. I think the first 17 movies, TV specials, fillers and GT were all canon because those were released around DB anime's airing time, despite Toriyama has little to no involvement on those stuffs and yet the modern DB stuffs that has Toriyama's involvement somehow non-canon because it's not released during 80s/90s but in modern time instead???

Oh and this movie was also briefly mentioned in the Super manga too so I guess that manga was non-canon as well?

The only non-canon modern DB stuffs released was Plan to Entrance the Super Saiyan (Which is just a remake of the same OVA released at 1993) and Episode of Bardock (An anime adaptation of spin-off manga).

Compare Star Wars to DB is like compared apple to orange since they're different series that have a different canon and all of the modern DB stuffs were relevant to the original series. If you said this movie is not relevant to the original series just because of it's "retcons", then I guess most of the long running series that have a few stuffs "retconed" in later episodes/chapters were also not relevant/non-canon to it's series too, when it was clearly isn't work that way.

I got you hate modern DB stuffs but you can't claims BoG, RoF, Super and this movie was not canon just because Toriyama has forgot or retcon a lot of things that he has been established in the past. As much as I hate Super (Anime at least), I can't deny it's existence or said that show was not canon just because I hate it due to it has Toriyama's involvement on it.
Dec 17, 2018 5:41 AM

Sep 2014
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Comander-07 said:

How is being released at a different time can suddenly make a different canon??? You said it like as if this movie has completely nothing to do with Toriyama. I think the first 17 movies, TV specials, fillers and GT were all canon because those were released around DB anime's airing time, despite Toriyama has little to no involvement on those stuffs and yet the modern DB stuffs that has Toriyama's involvement somehow non-canon because it's not released during 80s/90s but in modern time instead???

Oh and this movie was also briefly mentioned in the Super manga too so I guess that manga was non-canon as well?

The only non-canon modern DB stuffs released was Plan to Entrance the Super Saiyan (Which is just a remake of the same OVA released at 1993) and Episode of Bardock (An anime adaptation of spin-off manga).

Compare Star Wars to DB is like compared apple to orange since they're different series that have a different canon and all of the modern DB stuffs were relevant to the original series. If you said this movie is not relevant to the original series just because of it's "retcons", then I guess most of the long running series that have a few stuffs "retconed" in later episodes/chapters were also not relevant/non-canon to it's series too, when it was clearly isn't work that way.

I got you hate modern DB stuffs but you can't claims BoG, RoF, Super and this movie was not canon just because Toriyama has forgot or retcon a lot of things that he has been established in the past. As much as I hate Super (Anime at least), I can't deny it's existence or said that show was not canon just because I hate it due to it has Toriyama's involvement on it.
How can it not? I already explained why. I said this because Toriyama doesnt even remember his own characters anymore.

The fact alone that you think that GT is canon (while also saiyng this here is canon) devalues your opinion for further discussion.

The Manga was not the same as the Super anime. So, yes, it actually is not the same canon.

You can compare apples and oranges because both are fruits, why is it always a certain kind of people who say you cant?

Thats exactly how it works though and also why I said what I said. I liked BoG, sort of even Super and especially liked RoF, but saying its canon to the original DBZ everyone loved is absolutely worthless. As worthless as Disney claiming Disney canon is canon.
Dec 17, 2018 7:45 AM

Jul 2016
Comander-07 said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

How can it not? I already explained why. I said this because Toriyama doesnt even remember his own characters anymore.

The fact alone that you think that GT is canon (while also saiyng this here is canon) devalues your opinion for further discussion.

The Manga was not the same as the Super anime. So, yes, it actually is not the same canon.

You can compare apples and oranges because both are fruits, why is it always a certain kind of people who say you cant?

Thats exactly how it works though and also why I said what I said. I liked BoG, sort of even Super and especially liked RoF, but saying its canon to the original DBZ everyone loved is absolutely worthless. As worthless as Disney claiming Disney canon is canon.

When did I claim GT is canon? I just said GT is "canon" based on your logic you given in the previous comments. Have you even read the entire comment properly?

I got it now, you think Super is not canon is not because Toriyama "destroys" his own series but simply because it's your "preference" (Which is obviously canon doesn't works that way). I feel like I'm wasting my time after seeing how "logical" your argument is and you also won't change your opinion even if I explains how canon works. As I said before just because Toriyama doesn't remember his own stuffs doesn't make things not canon anymore, as the movies (And Super) is still have Toriyama's involvement on it and he wrote the story scripts for it.

Would you care to explains which stuffs in DB is the real "canon"?

If apple and orange are comparable just because it's fruits, then the cars and ships are comparable because both are used to traveling. I wonder how is apple and orange comparable when both are nothing alike and it's completely different things?

I'll not gonna replying after this. Think Super is not canon whatever the hell you want, but don't force people to agree with your "canon" just because you prefer it that way.
MahiaErebeaNegiDec 17, 2018 7:52 AM
Dec 18, 2018 3:44 PM

Sep 2014
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Comander-07 said:

When did I claim GT is canon? I just said GT is "canon" based on your logic you given in the previous comments. Have you even read the entire comment properly?

I got it now, you think Super is not canon is not because Toriyama "destroys" his own series but simply because it's your "preference" (Which is obviously canon doesn't works that way). I feel like I'm wasting my time after seeing how "logical" your argument is and you also won't change your opinion even if I explains how canon works. As I said before just because Toriyama doesn't remember his own stuffs doesn't make things not canon anymore, as the movies (And Super) is still have Toriyama's involvement on it and he wrote the story scripts for it.

Would you care to explains which stuffs in DB is the real "canon"?

If apple and orange are comparable just because it's fruits, then the cars and ships are comparable because both are used to traveling. I wonder how is apple and orange comparable when both are nothing alike and it's completely different things?

I'll not gonna replying after this. Think Super is not canon whatever the hell you want, but don't force people to agree with your "canon" just because you prefer it that way.

The fuck why would 2 fruits not be comparable? You can compare them in like everything. How wouldnt it work to compare them?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Movie: Broly Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

-Stray - Dec 14, 2018

210 by PatataGalactica »»
Apr 12, 5:33 AM

» Am I the only one that really dislikes Minus approach to Goku and Bardock?

KatsuragiKyon - Oct 15, 2018

2 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 11, 2023 11:06 AM

» Planet Sadala

removed-user - Nov 4, 2018

1 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 11, 2023 10:59 AM

» Opinion on Cheelai?

xfinityretaile1 - Jan 21, 2019

24 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 11, 2023 10:13 AM

Poll: » Who is the weakest among Beerus, Broly and Jiren?

darthbarth - Nov 7, 2022

13 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 11, 2023 10:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.