Forum Settings
Forums

[My Sister, My Writer] Secret plea for help in the credits of a show

New
Nov 24, 2018 3:52 AM

Jan 2017
https://twitter.com/mad_yn/status/1062753312875802624

Seems the staff, at least one of them, added a message in the credits of “The one I love is my litle sister, but she is not my little sister”/Ore ga Suki nano wa Imōto dakedo Imōto ja nai/My Sister, My Writer. The underlined text in the tweet roughly translates to "serious trouble". I can't read Japanese, so the translation comes from another person in an anime Discord channel. I would like if anyone who knows Japanese can double check that and translate the tweet also.

LineraxNov 24, 2018 5:09 AM
Nov 24, 2018 3:55 AM
Jul 2018
It seems i'm not weeb enough to help You.
Nov 24, 2018 3:59 AM

Jan 2013
The tweet just says that in this week's episode ending credits there was an animator called "serious trouble".
Nov 24, 2018 4:01 AM

Oct 2010
I can't speak chinese.
The first character looks like thy symbol used for 5 in the anime schools.
Nov 24, 2018 4:14 AM

Oct 2014
fuyuki said:
The tweet just says that in this week's episode ending credits there was an animator called "serious trouble".

Yh but why would an Animator call himself Serious trouble?

You also have to keep in mind that the overal production quality of this show is pretty bad.
Nov 24, 2018 4:17 AM

Jan 2013
Bourmegar said:
fuyuki said:

You also have to keep in mind that the overal production quality of this show is pretty bad.
Well I guess they just have serious problems so they added that for people to see because they can and because why not? I know the production quality is bad (I'm not watching the show but saw the screenshots), it wouldn't make any sense to put something like that if the quality was good.
Nov 24, 2018 4:41 AM

Aug 2015
Apparently the show lost a lot of key animators and so the quality dropped. There probably isn't enough people working on it to produce episodes, so someone to left a message "honestly, we're screwed".

Sort of like an SOS, I mean it's working, it's getting a lot of attetnion.

❝ falling sick on a journey
my dream wanders around
fields of dry grass. ❞
()
Nov 24, 2018 4:54 AM

Aug 2014
Catalano said:
I can't speak chinese.
The first character looks like thy symbol used for 5 in the anime schools.

It's the kanji for tadashii (correct/proper). It's use to count because you write it in five strikes, just like you could also use the 4 vertical strikes and a fifth that crosses them
Nov 24, 2018 4:59 AM

Aug 2010
Bourmegar said:
fuyuki said:

Not himself, I don't it was done by one person anywas, it just means "For real, we're in trouble", or something along those lines.
Nov 24, 2018 5:11 AM

Oct 2014
@Fuyuki @oryouohagi
Well that is what I mean.
An Animator wouldn't call himself that, so it has to be a plea for help from the studio.

And in order to have that in the show, the makers/heads and such have to ok such things like that plea, and they did that.
And that is strange to see, most shows with a troubled production (Like Berserk 2016) only tell us that it was troubling in such things as interviews and etc. Not in their own shows unless it is for comedy.
Nov 24, 2018 5:16 AM

Jan 2017
Bourmegar said:
@Fuyuki @oryouohagi
An Animator wouldn't call himself that, so it has to be a plea for help from the studio.

And in order to have that in the show, the makers/heads and such have to ok such things like that plea, and they did that.
And that is strange to see, most shows with a troubled production (Like Berserk 2016) only tell us that it was troubling in such things as interviews and etc. Not in their own shows unless it is for comedy.

The studio is in a bit of trouble. For instance, the delay of the seventh episode.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1752376
Nov 24, 2018 5:20 AM

Jun 2016
Might as well have put a link to his résumé too. That's not how a capable production company announces that they've got some production issues, and unless for some bizarre reason it's hard to tell whose job it was to put in the credits it's basically asking to be the scapegoat.

At least it happened to one of the least-needed titles this season.
Nov 24, 2018 5:23 AM

Oct 2014
Linerax said:
Bourmegar said:
@Fuyuki @oryouohagi

The studio is in a bit of trouble. For instance, the delay of the seventh episode.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1752376

Well that only makes it worse.

This is also the Studio's first Anime.
So yh it kinda sucks when the first show already is troubled.
Nov 24, 2018 5:24 AM

Aug 2010
Bourmegar said:
@Fuyuki @oryouohagi

No, at this point, I don't think many people noticed it in the production team. The quality is just so bad, I don't think the heads even watch the episodes.
Also, it's not like they paintstakingly scrutinize every character ever to begin with
Nov 24, 2018 5:32 AM

Jan 2013
Bourmegar said:
@Fuyuki @oryouohagi

The tweet is just describing it like that jokingly lol. It's not known who put it there.

Also I think it's likely that there wasn't any permission for that, the realistic scenario is that someone who can do it put that there and it went unnoticed by the rest of the staff.
Nov 24, 2018 5:43 AM

Mar 2018
There's already a thread about this with details in it.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1751819

Nov 24, 2018 5:48 AM
Jul 2018
Maybe the animator just used his nickname or smt, maybe the guy who wrote the resume didn't even read the kanji correctly?

Or maybe they are really in some serious trouble, lul.
Nov 24, 2018 5:58 AM

Oct 2010
Uh, I read about this before and it sucks. Hope they were able to fix these issues even though it's not a show that appeals to my interests.

It's not something I hear about frequently but this year had the Marchen Mädchen trainwreck for instance. I didn't watch that show, but from what I read it was quite a mess. More recently and on a show I actually watched, the staff of Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight was very vocal about its troubled production. In this case they could pull it off.
Nov 24, 2018 6:08 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Yeah, heard about this already, but I've seen people post screens of it on Discord and the show itself looks like a meme-tier visual trainwreck at points (1) (2) and it just makes sense that there's a terrible working environment with stuff like this seemingly being commonplace.

Hopefully nobody overworks and dies, but yeah, it seems and sounds pretty notably awful.

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

38 by Abomination_suah »»
4 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - 1 hour ago

1 by Serafos »»
5 minutes ago

» Describe an anime in a funny way.

NOTAGLOWIE - Mar 2, 2022

33 by AverageRiceFan »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime Openings with Sound Effects

_MushiRock11_ - Mar 28

11 by AverageRiceFan »»
10 minutes ago

» Which character in your favorites do you think is the strongest in a Fight, and which is comparatively Weakest?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 12

11 by AverageRiceFan »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.