Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 28, 2018 11:46 AM
Oct 2018
Just completed the game .
Credits are rolling .
Can someone tell me the hate for this game .

Story was good enough to keep one going .
Ending was kind of underwhelming .
I love Merril .
Didn't kill Anders .
Sided with mages .

Did I miss something ? Did all quests yay
9/10
Oct 28, 2018 1:00 PM

Nov 2011
Anushura said:
Credits are rolling .

I love Merril .
Didn't kill Anders .
Sided with mages .

9/10

I mean the main gripe i had with it...it's just so inferior to dragon age origins reused backdrops you're in kirkwall for like 60% of the game I wasnt particularly big on hawk as a character didnt really warm up to him like I did with the Warden in origins maybe it was cause he was voiced idk agree with you merril was nice but as for the other characters again thought they were inferior to origins companions just over all felt very half arsed compared to the original
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
Oct 28, 2018 1:23 PM

Aug 2010
earnshaw30 said:
Anushura said:
Credits are rolling .

I love Merril .
Didn't kill Anders .
Sided with mages .

9/10

I mean the main gripe i had with it...it's just so inferior to dragon age origins reused backdrops you're in kirkwall for like 60% of the game I wasnt particularly big on hawk as a character didnt really warm up to him like I did with the Warden in origins maybe it was cause he was voiced idk agree with you merril was nice but as for the other characters again thought they were inferior to origins companions just over all felt very half arsed compared to the original

what system do you play your weeb games on? i'll add you if it's playstation, before you disappear into the world (and probably don't post on mal much for a while).
Oct 28, 2018 1:39 PM

Nov 2011
gallivant said:
earnshaw30 said:

what system do you play your weeb games on? i'll add you if it's playstation, before you disappear into the world (and probably don't post on mal much for a while).

ps4 indeed under the same name
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
Oct 28, 2018 5:57 PM

Sep 2016
Asides from the combat and graphic, everything else was inferior.
Like 80% of the story is set around that one city, repeating locations and enemies got seriously boring.

It just wasn't as exciting as origins or inquisition.

🔥You're looking at someone🔥

🔥Who is superior to you🔥

🔥You have my permission to🔥

🔥Bask in my glow🔥

Oct 28, 2018 6:51 PM

Sep 2018
Anushura said:
Credits are rolling .

The game was ''dumbed down'' in several ways compared to its predecessor.

-The story was centered in one city instead of exploring a larger map with more unique locations.
-The skill system was 'dumbed down' and less interesting
-The interface/menus were awkward to use since they were designed around use on console.
They also looked pretty crappy on top of that.

I forgot if there were was anything else but those are the points I remember.

Also there was a lot of controversion with Anders blowing up the ''church'' with a lot of people hating him for it because they did an unjustified realitycheck and for some reason thought churches in the game world are populated by innocent nuns and priests like they are in real life, instead being a government building like they are in the game world.

The skills being more flashy and ''action'' like also drew some hate, however that was just 'being different' and not bad perse.

Dragon Age 2 isnt a bad game by any means, but it certainly did some things much worse then Dragon Age Origin. Never really understood the hate for it myself.

“Ha ha, the synergy between my left and right hand made them feel scared.” Ye Xiu said.
Oct 28, 2018 7:24 PM

Nov 2016
Dragon Age Origins was a blast. I played through it multiple times to get all of the different endings and see how choosing a different race effected your story line.

But Dragon Age 2? It was boring and bland compared to the original.
I couldn't click with any of the characters and the story was just poorly written. Didn't help that the environments were all recycle'd over and over again.

The game felt lazy.

When your expectations are so high you end up being kinda salty about it.
Oct 28, 2018 7:35 PM

Jul 2009
I can name a number of reasons as to why I enjoyed it far less than the outstanding first game, but the story is definitely at the top of the list. The narrative is so mundane and being stuck in one city only makes it worse. Halfway through the game, I was already missing the epic journey of the prequel.

Despite my unfavorable view on the game, I still prefer it far more than Inquisition, which is easily the worst Dragon Age title by a long mile.
Oct 28, 2018 8:45 PM

Oct 2012
Anushura said:
Credits are rolling .

I love Merril .
Didn't kill Anders .
Sided with mages .

9/10

There was lack of imagination on the story, lack of imagination in the characters, Lack of Imagination in the choices, Lack of Imagination when it comes to Itemization. You stay in Kirkwall for 60% of the game, the "dungeons" or places you travel are basically one of three maps that are manipulated so that they "feel" different, but they're the same map.

But I guess shitting on it one sidedly wouldn't be anything new so I'll say a few things I liked about it. Character wise, I think Aveline and Varrick were my favorite characters. The rest were kind of filler and most of them, frankly, I didn't care about. The DLC content (not talking about all the bonus items you could end up with depending on the version of the game you owned) was generally pretty good. Pretty much all of them held much higher quality than the overall game. What else... The combat is a mixed bag. The active combat if DAII was admitedly more fun to play, mostly, than DA:O/A. However, this comes at the cost of variability and Strategy.

I'd break my ratings down as follows:

Visuals (For its time): 6.5/10
Story/Plot: 6/10
Characters: 7/10
Audio: 6.5/10
DLC: 8/10
Overall: 6.8/10.

I'd say the game falls just shy of being able to call it "good", but still a strongly decent game. Not going to hate on anyone who actually liked the game though.
FontSize72LOLOct 28, 2018 8:48 PM
Oct 28, 2018 10:19 PM

Sep 2018
Varrick is definately one of the best characters in the entire series.

@Skittles

I've seen that said frequently by people, but what makes Inquisition worse? While it still has some issues like console centered controls (camera is very limited for example), it fixed a bunch of problems that Dragon Age 2 had, and has interesting story/lore and all round more interesting characters.
The gameplay is better as well. (if still not as interesting as Dragon Age Origin's imo)

Granted while it did thrash all over some characters (pretty much ruined Leliana by taking her on the path that made her a boring character), overall I found it to be a much better game then Dragon Age 2, especially gameplay wise.

“Ha ha, the synergy between my left and right hand made them feel scared.” Ye Xiu said.
Mar 16, 2019 8:21 PM

Oct 2010
Anushura said:
Credits are rolling .

I love Merril .
Didn't kill Anders .
Sided with mages .

9/10

100% agree

i love merrill, i love anders (from DA1 even) i love varric, i love male hawke (mainly cus the VA makes him look cool)

the story was incredibly good and the drama brewing was cool. It was a different type of game with less "adventuring "since the whole thing happens in 1 city but it didn't bother me. It's obvious that the studio had issues which is why they reused so many textures and in general why the game is so small (size-wise) but imo they did the most with what they could and made a good game
\
the controls are good in DA and the gameplay is good and i love playing it on nightmare with swarms of enemies just spawning left and right (supposedly cus its a story told by varric)

btw i replayed it 2 weeks ago so my memory is pretty fresh, im not sure what do you people mean with "bad characters"? lol. Anders is great , Varric is great, Merrill is good enough (shes the best but she gets the rest of her points for being hot), i even like Sebastian whos supposedly boring. In general all the chars are cool. The Arishok is basically Thanos but in 2012, his reasoning / his voice / his looks are really cool and he's a really good villain and the buildup for the drama is well made

if they had proper budget the game would be even better i bet but maybe then it would lose a part of its soul

for me its DA2 >= DA:O > DA:I.
DA:I's gameplay/controls are absolutely horrible, it's incredibly mundane and there's too much errands and bs designed to make you waste time (and yes i replayed DA:I last week , two times one after another). The game is still great and the MAIN STORY is really good and the characters are really good (but they don't look good if you're a straight male, as friends and buddies they're super good tho but not as waifus and that's a bit of an issue). The side- stuff is really poor tho and there are some issues with the gameplay

the main team of DA is clearly good it feels because the story keeps delivering for all games and the chars are cool for all games
lots of music -

More topics from this board

» Whixh is the best Pc for playing games?

Abd56ullah - 4 hours ago

1 by PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE »»
2 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

17 by Maumuu »»
5 hours ago

» Wuthering Waves

ashisland - Yesterday

4 by Tropisch »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Who do you pair up Link with?

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 16

7 by AzafuseKingTora »»
8 hours ago

» Switch 2 launching with Breath of the Wild Remake!?

rohan121 - May 12

11 by lucjan »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.