Forum Settings
Forums

Do you hate people who hate your favorite anime?

New
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 24, 2018 9:57 PM

Aug 2018
If someone disagree with me... that someone should die. My taste is perfect. Have a pleasant evening.

I'm joking btw.
Oct 24, 2018 10:13 PM

Oct 2017
No unless if hates irrationally or full day to tell me all the time.

Oct 24, 2018 10:30 PM

Dec 2008
Shit no. They can hate what they want to hate and I'll hate what I want to hate.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Oct 24, 2018 10:31 PM

Nov 2017
YES !!!!! ANYONE who hates on my favorite anime can go burn in hell along with their future children, grand children, and great grand children
Oct 24, 2018 10:32 PM

Nov 2014
No, as I general rule of thumb, no one really cares about you that much. I certainly don't.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 24, 2018 10:45 PM
Oct 2017
ungjae said:
FbK333 said:

Okay. It might not be his thing. He even made a promise. But forget it. Why should i force it on him? But the fact he kept telling me to watch his favorite anime which was not my thung either. It was utterly boring at start. He just dropped it. It’s unfair. I had to act like his anime was actually good.

I understand, but I think making someone promise to watch, and promise to complete, are two separate things. Why would you have to act like you enjoyed his? No one was forcing you to, you shouldn't have to pretend that you like something that you don't. I totally understand being upset at someone trashing an anime they haven't seen all the way through, however I think making someone promise to watch an anime, regardless of if they enjoy it, instead of them watching something that actually entertains them, is a little absurd.

I told him he’s not gonna like it the first few episodes. I told him to go above 30 episodes and you’ll start to like it. He accepts. He even said he liked the first few episodes. Is that absurd? I watched his anime when i didn’t like it and i wanted him to watch my anime as well. Just wanted him to go above ep 30. I told him that if he doesn’t like it, he can tell me and i’ll make it entertaining for you.

Look, he accepted. No matter how crappy the anime will be, he accepted. I accepted his as well. But he...

Let’s get over this. Stop digging on my “friend”. Let’s talk about each other favorite animes rather than me telling you how i was betrayed. I’ll be careful next time. Friends like him aren’t good.
He told me he’ll watch it. I told him to just watch above ep 30 while he told me to watch full series which i didn’t enjoy. I was fine if he didn’t like it. But dropping at ep 2 or 3 is just...
i told him he might not like it at the beginning but just to endure it. But he comes and tells me he likes it, got my hopes up, and we never talk about it again while i continue watching his anime.

I told him to tell me if he’s not liking it. I would’ve told him to skip those episodes and watch some arcs. I am 100% he would’ve like it. He didn’t.

I completed my mission. Respect+. Now i don’t think of him as a friend anymore. Pretty childish, eh? Stop lying to me and make me embarrassed about the series i love. I just got to know he couldn’t keep a single promise.
Oct 25, 2018 1:01 AM

Apr 2016
Probably not. Don't see a reason to. Unless they are acting disrespectful and are insulting me for liking said anime then I could care less tbh.
Oct 25, 2018 2:14 AM
Jul 2018
No because i dont really have a favorite anime
Oct 25, 2018 2:25 AM

Jun 2016
Nah I pity them instead

damn 30 characters
Oct 25, 2018 2:46 AM

Dec 2017
I don't hate people who dislike my fav anime, I dislike people who say things about them without watching them or for example drop monster in the first few eps, that bothers me, but after all I have the most normie favs ever, so pretty much everyone likes them.
Oct 25, 2018 2:55 AM

Aug 2018
It depends on how the people in question express their feels towards my favourite anime.

One of my acquaintances dropped Madoka Magica early, because his tolerance towards moe had dropped over the years, though he agreed about its music and animation being neat. Altough I felt a bit sad, I respected his opinion, as nobody has the same taste as everyone.

On the other hand, if one were to say my anime sucks in an impolite way, it would annoy me but I would let it pass; I know there are many more people out who appreciate it, or even love it.

The only way for me to seriously dislike someone is for that person to turn a discussion into a personal attack, e.g insulting fans of that series or questioning their intelligence.

Oct 25, 2018 2:56 AM
Oct 2018
I don't hate people who hate my favourite anime. I hate people who get emotionally invested in an anime, to the point that they forget that... it's just a television show or a film.
Oct 25, 2018 3:00 AM

Feb 2016
Well its their opinion.. I respect that. But if they start saying nonsense and other shenanigans i would cut their throat.

Oct 25, 2018 3:53 AM

May 2018
Nah. Except SAO haters. The hate never dies.
Oct 25, 2018 5:13 AM
Sep 2017
Nah, I join them in trashing my faves. The look they give is priceless.
“There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground ... and miss."
Oct 25, 2018 5:45 AM
Oct 2017
AzuFarisNyan said:
Nah. Except SAO haters. The hate never dies.

You have suffered enough. Really great patience.
Oct 25, 2018 5:51 AM
Jul 2018
Nah - people all have different feelings about everything. Even if they're opinions are almost identical there's probably something they feel differently about. To me, that's inevitable and so I never really feel any malice towards someone with a differing opinion. Granted, I do try and avoid the topic of conversation in case it becomes awkward/heated.
Oct 25, 2018 5:53 AM
Jul 2018
FbK333 said:

Edit: My Story: Lemme tell you what it actually feels like to me.

I love an anime called Gintama. I knew my friends wouldn’t like it. I wanted to discuss it with them really badly about the stuff and laugh together. One day, we were discussing favorite animes. I told my friend about Gintama. He told me he’ll watch it. He told me about his anime and i watched his anime as well. I was so happy. I imagined that we would laugh together and talk about Gintama This happened years ago by the way. He watched three or four episodes and we talked about it. Talked about the fun things. And then he just dropped it. We didn’t talk about it for a while. He told me that he is bored and that we should go out at some malls. I told him to watch Gintama if he’s bored. And then he made that weird face. That face with one eye half closed. Try doing it. That face is so disgusting. I hope you’ll understand. And he said ‘yeah, there’s that but...’ and my other friend came in and conversation stopped. What pissed me off was that i watched his favorite anime when he didn’t watch my anime. And i don’t even bring it up. Why? Because i can’t bear him saying that he hates it. It’s so much worse when it is told to you in person face to face. It’s not childish. I felt crushed. I was pretty excited about watching this anime with them and sharing those great moments. They all shattered. Thanks for anyone listening to my story.
-Fruits Punch Samurai

Lmfao Gintama is such a long anime. And altho I haven't watched it(but am VERY excited to watch it soon), I've heard that it starts out slow and isn't as amusing in the beginning. Him dropping it should not really surprise you, you know. He just probably didn't expect much from it. Moreover, you can't expect every other person to be an "elite" :>
Oct 25, 2018 6:01 AM

Jan 2016
No; I don’t care. Even with Neon Genesis Evangelion, the greatest series of all time (IMO)ーI recognize that it’s not for everyone.
▾ Check Out My Original Series ▾

▾ Check Out My Blog ▾
Oct 25, 2018 6:05 AM
Oct 2015
Welp not that i hate him or her, i'll just respect her opinion about mah waifu or favorite anime although i might find her or his taste not good HAHHAHA

I Have so many weeb friends and our usual conversations are debate who's the best girl/ man in an anime. It's fun how people have a diversity of taste you know
Oct 25, 2018 6:32 AM

Sep 2011
No. That's just narrow-minded if I'd hate them. Obviously they have their reasons why they don't like the series that I like.

Oct 25, 2018 7:19 AM

Mar 2018
Not really. Almost all of my friends who watch anime don't like my favorites except one who has nearly the same taste as me. But even that one friend is put off a little when I tried to persuade him to enter Touhou fandom. But none of them came out and tell to my face that my taste is shit. They understand me. Sure, your friend should've better approach to show his dislike towards your favorite but each has their own taste so try to understand him a little. I'm sure there's some anime out there which both of you will like.

Oct 25, 2018 7:29 AM
Oct 2017
szny said:
FbK333 said:

Edit: My Story: Lemme tell you what it actually feels like to me.

I love an anime called Gintama. I knew my friends wouldn’t like it. I wanted to discuss it with them really badly about the stuff and laugh together. One day, we were discussing favorite animes. I told my friend about Gintama. He told me he’ll watch it. He told me about his anime and i watched his anime as well. I was so happy. I imagined that we would laugh together and talk about Gintama This happened years ago by the way. He watched three or four episodes and we talked about it. Talked about the fun things. And then he just dropped it. We didn’t talk about it for a while. He told me that he is bored and that we should go out at some malls. I told him to watch Gintama if he’s bored. And then he made that weird face. That face with one eye half closed. Try doing it. That face is so disgusting. I hope you’ll understand. And he said ‘yeah, there’s that but...’ and my other friend came in and conversation stopped. What pissed me off was that i watched his favorite anime when he didn’t watch my anime. And i don’t even bring it up. Why? Because i can’t bear him saying that he hates it. It’s so much worse when it is told to you in person face to face. It’s not childish. I felt crushed. I was pretty excited about watching this anime with them and sharing those great moments. They all shattered. Thanks for anyone listening to my story.
-Fruits Punch Samurai

Lmfao Gintama is such a long anime. And altho I haven't watched it(but am VERY excited to watch it soon), I've heard that it starts out slow and isn't as amusing in the beginning. Him dropping it should not really surprise you, you know. He just probably didn't expect much from it. Moreover, you can't expect every other person to be an "elite" :>

I know. But he lied and said he like it. And he also told me to watch a anime. I did not like the anime. But i kept watching. He did not like the anime. He dropped it. I told him to watch over 30 ep and he agreed no matter how bad the first episodes were. And he dropeed it on after 3 episodes. He didn’t even tell me. I told him to talk to me if he feels like he’s not enjoying it. I would’ve told him to skip some episodes. He didn’t. And he made me watch the anime he told me to watch. It was torture.
Oct 25, 2018 7:31 AM
Oct 2017
lanzel-senpai said:
Welp not that i hate him or her, i'll just respect her opinion about mah waifu or favorite anime although i might find her or his taste not good HAHHAHA

I Have so many weeb friends and our usual conversations are debate who's the best girl/ man in an anime. It's fun how people have a diversity of taste you know

And who is your best waifu? For ‘research’ purposes.
Oct 25, 2018 7:37 AM

Jan 2016
Renkini said:
Not really. Almost all of my friends who watch anime don't like my favorites except one who has nearly the same taste as me. But even that one friend is put off a little when I tried to persuade him to enter Touhou fandom. But none of them came out and tell to my face that my taste is shit. They understand me. Sure, your friend should've better approach to show his dislike towards your favorite but each has their own taste so try to understand him a little. I'm sure there's some anime out there which both of you will like.

Touhou’s great & you have A+ taste(s) in best girl. ( •⌄• )ノ
▾ Check Out My Original Series ▾

▾ Check Out My Blog ▾
Oct 25, 2018 7:42 AM

Jul 2013
Nah! people, especially those who are taking anime so personally, are just as subjective as anime itself.

Don't take such things so personally and do I take critics hating on Suicide Squad, which I find unoffensive and very underrated, so personally, hell no!
Oct 25, 2018 9:33 AM
Jul 2018
FbK333 said:
szny said:

I know. But he lied and said he like it. And he also told me to watch a anime. I did not like the anime. But i kept watching. He did not like the anime. He dropped it. I told him to watch over 30 ep and he agreed no matter how bad the first episodes were. And he dropeed it on after 3 episodes. He didn’t even tell me. I told him to talk to me if he feels like he’s not enjoying it. I would’ve told him to skip some episodes. He didn’t. And he made me watch the anime he told me to watch. It was torture.

Ahahahaha ohmylord!! Now I fully sympathize with you. I hate him too, lmfao!
Which was the anime he recommended btw??
Oct 25, 2018 9:35 AM
Oct 2017
szny said:
FbK333 said:

Black clover —__—. The first episodes were boring and torture. It got good at the end. It was so boring. The ratings tell you.
Oct 25, 2018 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
FbK333 said:
szny said:

Black clover —__—. The first episodes were boring and torture. It got good at the end. It was so boring. The ratings tell you.

Ohh I don't think I've heard of it before. But you seem like a loyal friend.
Oct 25, 2018 9:45 AM
Oct 2017
szny said:
FbK333 said:

Black clover has many haters. And i don’t like the word ‘loyal”. It feels like i’m under somone and someone who i’m ‘loyal” to in superior. It gives me those vibes so i always like to say i am not loyal. Loyal are like dogs.

I completed his series as the last mission. Now i know what he really is.
Oct 25, 2018 9:51 AM
Jul 2018
FbK333 said:
szny said:

Black clover has many haters. And i don’t like the word ‘loyal”. It feels like i’m under somone and someone who i’m ‘loyal” to in superior. It gives me those vibes so i always like to say i am not loyal. Loyal are like dogs.

Understandable I guess.
And last mission completed well!
Oct 25, 2018 9:55 AM
Oct 2017
szny said:
FbK333 said:

Understandable I guess.
And last mission completed well!

Respect+

Oct 25, 2018 9:57 AM

Mar 2018
Yeah, fucking cocksuckers

Jzkslsl
Help stop the spread of Korean propaganda (KPrOP) and sign this petition!
http://chng.it/Yw8Vzwk4Tg
Oct 25, 2018 9:59 AM
Oct 2017
Panfuricuz said:
Yeah, fucking cocksuckers

Jzkslsl

Was that an attempt to do 30 characters? Outstanding.
Oct 25, 2018 10:01 AM

Jan 2018
Every anime has haters. Best not to worry about it.
Oct 25, 2018 10:10 AM

Jan 2016
Not really hating them, but tbh I feel sad when someone says that my fav anime sucks and they hate it xD
Oct 25, 2018 10:12 AM
Jul 2018
No but I hate it when people try to force them not to watch it or watch it. Since people have different opinions and its okay to watch/read/play something others don't like as well as not like it.
Oct 25, 2018 10:25 AM
Oct 2018
Not really - people are entitled to their own opinion. It only becomes a problem when they begin enforcing their problems onto others and refusing to hear anything against their opinion. That's just childish and unnecessary.
Oct 25, 2018 10:28 AM

Oct 2014
No ??? I mean, one of my best friend hates One Piece (my favourite anime) and even today she keeps saying it’s shit even though she didn’t even watch 10 episodes. We just don’t talk about it, there are other animes we both like and can talk about, no need to hate people for stupid things like this...
Oct 25, 2018 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
Hating people because of their opinions is so last season.
Oct 25, 2018 11:32 AM

Mar 2017
Try not to take differences in tastes too seriously. It's nice when you and a friend can share in the enjoyment of something, but just because you're friends doesn't mean you're going to both love all of the same stuff. I'm friends with someone who absolutely hates Cowboy Bebop and calls it the worst anime ever made, while it's probably going to be my favorite anime or close to favorite as long as I'm alive. I have another friends who likes Haruhi Suzumiya and K-on, the first of which I hate and the second I find merely okay. Yet another friend of mine likes Rosario + Vampire and hates Elfen Lied, while my own feelings towards these two series are the opposites.

There's no reason people who have different tastes or opinions can't be friends.
"Bang." -Spike Spiegal

"Everything... is connected." -Lain Iwakura

"Life is too short to watch bad anime. Long Live the 1st Episode Drop." -InkSpider

"Anime fans make me embarrassed to be an anime fan." -InkSpider
Oct 25, 2018 2:16 PM

Nov 2015
Do I hate people who hate InuYasha....??? Uh... no? I mean, I love it, a lot, but it's not exactly the best show. It'd be understandable if they had good enough reasons.

Do I hate people who hate Fullmetal Alchemist, Assassination Classroom, and Durarara? Well, no... but chances are, they probably hate them because it's popular and disliking it would make qUiRkY. That isn't a very likable trait...

If they're an asshole about it, and don't have good reasons, then I might dislike them. If they have genuine good reasons to dislike it then that's cool. "Taste is subjective."

Same thing for books I like, Miraculous Ladybug <3 <3 i dont expect anyone to love it like i do, or BTS <3 <3 although there is literally no reason to dislike them-

Oct 25, 2018 2:30 PM

Oct 2017
No.... I mean its just a show the factor that determines if i like or hate you both on the internet and IRL is just your overall behavior. If they are just there to troll sure but if they are willing to give a somewhat reasonable conversation on the show it can actually be fun to talk about it and hear a different perspective than the same people who will sing praises for it. I mean even if they hate your favorite you might have other shows you share in common anyway.

Oct 25, 2018 2:31 PM
Aug 2016
I don't mind if someone hates my favorite anime as long as it's their opinion and I can respect their taste.

But when people start doing for bandwagon sake than it's get annoying and sometimes even annoys me even for series I don't like
Oct 25, 2018 5:05 PM

Nov 2015
I like watching anime people kinda hate.... It doesn't bother me much
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the [urlhttps://theglorioblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/swordart10ass.jpg=]Site & Forum Guidelines[/url].
Oct 25, 2018 5:08 PM

Feb 2016
Anyone who hates Toradora be disposed of
Oct 25, 2018 5:08 PM

May 2017
If I'm already friends with someone and they don't enjoy it, sure I'll be pretty upset, but I don't hate them for it.

If it's someone I just met, I'll definitely start hating them.
Oct 25, 2018 5:09 PM

Dec 2017
Yep, my favorite anime is hated, it is Jojos, one of my friends tried to read it and he couldn't finish the second part, now he hate Jojos xD
Oct 25, 2018 5:14 PM

Sep 2017
Yes,I want people that hate my favorite chinese cartoon to die.
Oct 25, 2018 6:00 PM
Jul 2018
I'd have to hate a ton of people irl, if I decided to care what other people think. Which is why I would rather not care whether someone likes Pokemon or not. Best case scenario; don't burn bridges for some t.v. show.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

50 by TsutanaiFuun »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 9 hours ago

33 by Ratris_Decision »»
3 minutes ago

» Great Teacher Onizuka

Enn - Mar 21, 2007

10 by TheMechaManiac »»
10 minutes ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

67 by Spunkert »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

33 by deg »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.