Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 21, 2018 12:05 PM
Sep 2017
Lachiesis said:
JugoKun said:
The Nemesis ? hurt him ? AH ! Look instead to this
and i specify that Seth doesn't have a power up between his fight against the Nemesis and this scene.

When was that again ? Also Seth did train with Yaga between volumes 1 and 2, and he doesn't exactly look like he's having the best time in your pic.

That aside, I'm discussing the anime here. Seth was crushed by the Nemesis. Yeah he can handle Fantasia, but physical damage is physical damage (if we're talking in RPG terms, DEF and RES are different stats) and hit by an unspecified spell from Jiji (on top of running like hell). Having him pass out is also a convenient way to introduce a scene change. So I stand by my point, it's not that strange for him to be conked out at the end.
The train with Yaga was just a way to learn him to manipulate fantasia with gloves, and here he has no glove. Normally, this scene will be in the anime (i hope they'll not missed it --') since it's at the beginning of the volume 4
Oct 21, 2018 12:08 PM
Sep 2017
lihle808 said:
This series is really growing on me and Seth is interesting to watch.

I wonder what's their identity though? I hope Seth is one badass demon or something.

Anyway, heartwarming back story and a bit sad. I like Alma and Seth's relationship. I hope the quest for radiant will be interesting as I hope.
If you hope a cool transformation, you'll not be frustrated !
Oct 21, 2018 7:35 PM

Apr 2018
i really enjoy it so far, one of my fav this season
Oct 21, 2018 7:38 PM
Mar 2015
Enough of the backstory. With tears in his eyes Seth leaves home on his new broom to fight Nemesis at its source Radiant (title drop)
Oct 22, 2018 1:56 PM

Oct 2018
Just so people stop whining about Seth passing out : he passed out in the manga too
Oct 22, 2018 2:00 PM

Dec 2009
Lachiesis said:
Just so people stop whining about Seth passing out : he passed out in the manga too

passed out after a nemesis exploded right on his face and he was beaten to (almost) death by the Bravery Quartet right before Alma saved him from the Quartet.
Oct 22, 2018 2:34 PM

Mar 2009
Best episode of the three. I love Alma.
Oct 23, 2018 4:26 AM

Oct 2008
Nice to see the emotional hardship past of Alma and Seth.
4/5.

Oct 23, 2018 8:31 PM

Nov 2009
Interesting episode, the series isn't bad

(I didn't read the manga)

Tho from the comments ppls are talking about Manga to Anime.

It looks like the Anime is following the path of "Generic Shounen" route.

Where they changes the story so it'll be similar to other popular Shounen series.

IE: Naruto, One Piece and Fairy Tail's main characters personalities and story plot line can be easily compared.

Seth, the guy with a mysterious backstory, hidden power inside him, unique powers, trying to be the best of something, trying to be the good guy to save the world.

All the same with Naruto, Luffy and Natsu... almost exactly, especially Natsu, Seth's personality is exactly the same with Natsu, even the character design looks similar, lol.

___ ___ ___

overall, I'll keep on watching the anime, since it's still a lot better than some of the other current season series... a mobile game, a rape sim, an adaptation of an adaptation and a crap 3D CGI series...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Oct 24, 2018 12:45 AM

Dec 2009
amlg said:

overall, I'll keep on watching the anime, since it's still a lot better than some of the other current season series... a mobile game, a rape sim, an adaptation of an adaptation and a crap 3D CGI series...

You have forgotten JoooooJOO~ (well GioGio actually since it's part 5)!
Oct 25, 2018 4:50 AM

Apr 2013
I'm kinda conflicted about the pace. I like that the show has a slower pace than the usual shonen anime, but I also kinda hope they raise the pace a bit to make it more exciting.
Oct 25, 2018 9:15 AM

Aug 2017
Much better than the first two episodes. I liked the flashback a bit despite that I don't care about Seth. WTF with the Inquisitor scene? Monkey D. Dragon, is that you?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 25, 2018 3:28 PM
Feb 2017
I never expected much going into it. So it was alright. The episodes have nice animation and the OP is rad. I really didn't feel anything in this episode even though I think I was probably supposed to? I'm gonna keep going with this for a bit but not sure if I'll stay. The OP is what I keep coming back for in all honesty. "Utopia" is pretty great.
Oct 29, 2018 1:04 AM
Nov 2016
The backstory was done pretty well and the music too.

Hope the pace picks up.
Nov 1, 2018 10:02 PM

Dec 2014
So Alma back story... in an essense we don't really known anything about alma or seth...just that he is infected and a sorcerer... on you go Seth
Nov 2, 2018 2:32 PM
Sep 2017
ibraheem234 said:
So Alma back story... in an essense we don't really known anything about alma or seth...just that he is infected and a sorcerer... on you go Seth
I really interresting past though, very good of the anime to introduce this alma past which is not in the manga, the next of the past of alma and Seth will come may be with a season 2 (we learn more about that in volume 5)
Nov 3, 2018 11:40 AM

Dec 2014
JugoKun said:
ibraheem234 said:
I really interresting past though, very good of the anime to introduce this alma past which is not in the manga, the next of the past of alma and Seth will come may be with a season 2 (we learn more about that in volume 5)

ooh wow so you are a manga reader too... good to know anime adapts original plots too
Nov 3, 2018 11:51 AM
Sep 2017
ibraheem234 said:
JugoKun said:

ooh wow so you are a manga reader too... good to know anime adapts original plots too
Yeah, but thanksfully, they are good plots, it's the only think i found good in this adaptation
Sep 18, 2019 1:29 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good episode, the final scene with Alma was great.
So from now Seth's travel really starts i guess.
Nov 29, 2019 6:58 AM

Aug 2015
Batora07 said:
Aaaaand they fucked up again...They made Alma kill the nemeses... <__< Seriously... that's because Seth can now take nemeses off alone that Alma let him go in the first place. (in source material)
Also Seth just lost consciousness from using fantasia ? LOL HOW AOUT NO ? He's supposed to use it like it's as easy as swimming/breathing. Using a single attack shouldn't make him lost consciousness.

They censored as fuck Seth's lynch.

Lol Seth just go without a fucking clue as to where to go ???
Alma didn't tell him about Artemis ? WOW... that's... really really bad plot adaptation. I don't mind filler but if it's to remove all the fucking plot that make sense in the manga to just put some shitty filler and destroy the character development what's even the point.

At least the Inquisitor scene at the end was nice. But seriously Lerche has clearly not a single clue at what they are doing and that sucks.

Okay, now this makes sense to me. I was so confused as to why Alma let him go off on his own when he didn't seem to be able to use his magic properly and was still getting his ass kicked. Like, he hadn't shown that he was capable of handling the nemesis, so it seemed so weird to me that now it was suddenly okay for him to embark on his own journey without knowing where to go and if he would even be able to win against a single nemesis (let alone take out the Radiant; the supposed birthing place of the nemesis). It would have made a lot more sense if he had been able to kill one off. I don't understand why they had take something that important out.
...At least let me finish.

Sep 2, 2020 11:36 AM

Jul 2015
Alma and Seth really went through a lot, from surviving Nemesis, dealing with amnesia, hopping from one place to another because people were assholes. Alma is one badass character for dealing with all that crap (some caused by Seth) while never despising people.

Oct 25, 2023 9:49 AM
Feb 2022
Y allá parte Seth en busca de Radiant. Gracias por tu cuidado Alma.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Radiant Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

33 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 7, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

37 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 5, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2018

29 by dark_spirit010 »»
Mar 12, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2018

52 by FedeMetal »»
Oct 25, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

66 by FedeMetal »»
Oct 24, 2023 6:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.