Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 25, 2018 10:21 PM
Oct 2017
Since no one created a thread, I decided to do so.

So I watched Cross Game nearly a year ago, and it quickly became my favorite show. I was mesmerized by the simplistic yet compelling storytelling of Mitsuru Adachi and I found myself struggling to take a break from watching. I hear good things about the Mix manga, and am beyond ecstatic for another Adachi adaptation. I was hoping SynergySP would take this one over, yet they haven’t been making a whole lot recently. As long as the production values are close to Cross Game, I don’t see this being anything but great.

Curious of how excited those who have read some of the manga are, and thoughts on what studio would be ideal to take on this project.
Sep 26, 2018 7:32 PM

Dec 2010
Rich-ie said:

So I watched Cross Game nearly a year ago, and it quickly became my favorite show. I was mesmerized by the simplistic yet compelling storytelling of Mitsuru Adachi and I found myself struggling to take a break from watching. I hear good things about the Mix manga, and am beyond ecstatic for another Adachi adaptation. I was hoping SynergySP would take this one over, yet they haven’t been making a whole lot recently. As long as the production values are close to Cross Game, I don’t see this being anything but great.

Curious of how excited those who have read some of the manga are, and thoughts on what studio would be ideal to take on this project.

I was like holy shit when I found out today where the hell was I shit,anyway have you seen touch I like it better than cross game hope this will be as good as touch.
Sep 26, 2018 9:25 PM
Oct 2017
hack5 said:
Rich-ie said:

I was like holy shit when I found out today where the hell was I shit,anyway have you seen touch I like it better than cross game hope this will be as good as touch.

Yeah, I’m like 45 episodes in and 50 chapters into H2. I do like Cross Game more for it’s better pacing and a more prominent heroin; but I think the art and story is great in both.
Sep 27, 2018 6:03 PM

Dec 2010
Rich-ie said:

Rich-ie said:
hack5 said:

Yeah, I’m like 45 episodes in and 50 chapters into H2. I do like Cross Game more for it’s better pacing and a more] prominent heroin; but I think the art and story is great in both.

Sorry its the opposite for me Aoba was a pain what could not stand her sorry,all during the show i wanted to slap the bitchiness out of her.lol
Sep 27, 2018 9:29 PM
Oct 2017
hack5 said:
Rich-ie said:

Rich-ie said:

Yeah, I’m like 45 episodes in and 50 chapters into H2. I do like Cross Game more for it’s better pacing and a more] prominent heroin; but I think the art and story is great in both.

Sorry its the opposite for me Aoba was a pain what could not stand her sorry,all during the show i wanted to slap the bitchiness out of her.lol

Haha intersting. I find Minami kinda bland, especially in comparison to the other sisters in Cross Game. I don’t really mind tsunderes, so that probably helps a bit. H2 is really solid so far, I like it a lot. If you haven’t started reading it I’d give it a try.
Sep 28, 2018 8:09 AM

Dec 2010
Rich-ie said:
hack5 said:

Haha intersting. I find Minami kinda bland, especially in comparison to the other sisters in Cross Game. I don’t really mind tsunderes, so that probably helps a bit. H2 is really solid so far, I like it a lot. If you haven’t started reading it I’d give it a try.

I feel you but for me Minami was a little more mature and I guess its because its a 80's show she came off as motherly lol but the reason I like her more is how she was a tease but straighten out real early in the show,
,Aoba practically bulled kou I feel so sad imagine their life together and I guess I am so over tsunderes ,use to tolerate them but not anymore.I have watch some episodes of H2 and the main girl came off as a big a big tease she wants to have her cake and eat it too I dont even know exactly what is the right word for her maybe female player lol but I really liked the other girl I never finish the anime though but I hope he end up with the second female lead the main one rubs me the wrong way.
hack5Sep 28, 2018 8:13 AM
Sep 28, 2018 11:19 AM
Oct 2017
hack5 said:
Rich-ie said:

I feel you but for me Minami was a little more mature and I guess its because its a 80's show she came off as motherly lol but the reason I like her more is how she was a tease but straighten out real early in the show,
,Aoba practically bulled kou I feel so sad imagine their life together and I guess I am so over tsunderes ,use to tolerate them but not anymore.I have watch some episodes of H2 and the main girl came off as a big a big tease she wants to have her cake and eat it too I dont even know exactly what is the right word for her maybe female player lol but I really liked the other girl I never finish the anime though but I hope he end up with the second female lead the main one rubs me the wrong way.

I think H2 is best in the manga, as the show I hear rushed a lot and didn’t fully adapt the source material. For me I think Aoba’s apprehension for displaying her emotions toward kou made sense in context of her relationship with her sister.
Sep 28, 2018 4:40 PM

Dec 2010
Rich-ie said:
hack5 said:

I think H2 is best in the manga, as the show I hear rushed a lot and didn’t fully adapt the source material. For me I think Aoba’s apprehension for displaying her emotions toward kou made sense in context of her relationship with her sister.

I guess we will agree to disagree,Aboa came of as to much she acted the same before and after the incident with little change if thats is the only way she could show her emotions towards kou because of her sister then I think its unhealthy and she needs a shrink.
Sep 29, 2018 12:13 AM
Oct 2017
hack5 said:
Rich-ie said:

I guess we will agree to disagree,Aboa came of as to much she acted the same before and after the incident with little change if thats is the only way she could show her emotions towards kou because of her sister then I think its unhealthy and she needs a shrink.

I don’t particularly think it’s justifiable, but I think it was meant to be a bit unsettling and unhealthy.
Oct 30, 2018 2:45 AM
Jan 2014
Lol loved the anime touch only second best baseball anime for me compared to cross game. Ive never read the manga but i wouldnt be suprised if Minami ended being a teacher at that school, maybe after what happened on sequel to show. (didnt want to spoil) im not sure if tatsuya would be coach but that may happen to cant wait
Dec 6, 2018 1:08 AM

Nov 2011
The latest visual is up. Spring 2019.

Dec 6, 2018 3:51 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I hope watching this will finally give me one more push to try out Cross Game, this time in full(that is if I even watch this, which I most likely will get around to sometime towards the end of Spring season).

Is this a direct sequel to Touch though?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 6, 2018 11:35 PM
Jul 2018
When I entered today MAL looking at the news section I saw Mix announce as soon I watched the picture I was surprised, "I know that style of characters"
It took no time to relate it with Cross Game.
I watched Cross Game this summer I usually watch 2 episodes for every anime that I watch, but with this anime was 5 episodes a day I couldn't resist to just watch 2 a day, after I finished I added to my favourite list I love that anime, and an adaption from another manga from Adachi is more than welcome if it has similar values to Cross Game I'm gonna love it.
Dec 7, 2018 10:59 AM
Oct 2017
_MushiRock11_ said:
I hope watching this will finally give me one more push to try out Cross Game, this time in full(that is if I even watch this, which I most likely will get around to sometime towards the end of Spring season).

Pretty sure there’s a time skip, but yeah basically.

Dec 7, 2018 6:07 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Rich-ie said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

Pretty sure there’s a time skip, but yeah basically.

Right, thanks for the info!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 28, 2019 7:38 AM

Nov 2011
Another key visual is out now.

Apr 7, 2019 2:49 AM
Jan 2015
right on! I love all adachi's works. All his anime is great!!! Cant waiT!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mix: Meisei Story Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Apr 6, 2019

69 by bankredmeadow »»
Feb 18, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Mix Episode 3 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Apr 20, 2019

13 by Clonemax2008 »»
Oct 25, 2023 3:23 AM

Poll: » Mix Episode 24 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Sep 28, 2019

24 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 3, 2023 10:16 PM

Poll: » Mix Episode 23 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Sep 14, 2019

14 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 3, 2023 9:59 PM

Poll: » Mix Episode 22 Discussion

ropiel - Sep 7, 2019

9 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 3, 2023 9:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.