Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2018 7:53 AM

Sep 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, I'm gonna miss this anime. As expected Okko was able to return the water, and Matsuki now thinks she felt Miyo, finally, after all that Okko says, I would have liked for her to actually know about them so it is an advancment.

Now to wait for the movie. From the special after the last episode now I'm even more exited about it.
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Nov 14, 2018 12:46 AM

May 2015
Oriko was a brave girl to stand up to the fearsome Ryujin.

The glowsticks were an awesome touch to the hot spring. Mio saves the day again! And Matsuki even mentions about Mio-neesan being with her! Awwww....I think I want to watch that episode where Okko brings Mio to her grandfather again!

They return safe and sound to Harunoya Inn with Oriko greeting their newest customer...

For a children's show, Wakaokami wa Shougakusei was an amazing series. Seeing Oriko going through the hardships of being an innkeeper and dealing with different customers was quite fun and interesting. I first expected Matsuki to be a bit arrogant, but she was actually a kind person who was willing to help the inexperienced Okko in her time of need. The ghosts might have helped Okko cheat a bit, but their inclusion made the series quite enjoyable. The series had some rather quick solutions to some of its story issues, but I think that is fine given the episode's duration and the nature of the series. One thing I'm surprised about is how the quality of the series improved the further it progressed. The first half felt like simple introductory episodes, but the second half gets a noticeable upgrade in the art and animation. Another thing was Mineko and Uribou's history bringing Uriken to their inn to give Okko a bit of a love interest given that Okko is the granddaughter of Mineko and Uriken is the grandnephew of Uribou. And for Seiran Kobayashi who was only 13 when she voiced Oriko Seki, I think she did a pretty good job alongside veteran Nana Mizuki. I hope to hear more of her in the future.

Wakaokami wa Shougakusei was an entertaining watch from beginning to end with a mix of comedy and drama. The characters were fun, the art and animation looked great, and the story is simple but interesting. I'm definitely looking forward to watching the movie.

Final Verdict: A warm welcome/10
Nov 24, 2018 12:53 PM

Apr 2016
I hope there will be a second season. There is like 0.01% chance for it but i still hope.

Cant wait to see the movie.

7/10
Jan 1, 2019 9:42 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
What a pleasant little series this has been. ;_;
We got ghosts and hard work. Good combo.
Overall, it ended up being a nice, feel good story!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
May 30, 2019 9:38 PM

Oct 2012
A really charming show that doesn't talk down to the kids. Looking forward to the movie.
Jun 18, 2022 7:24 PM
Mar 2019
This was a nice easy to watch Anime, enjoyed all the episodes.
Sep 8, 2023 6:52 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Going to give it 8-9 first but the romance with that carbon thing really not good at all to forced, better to focus on seki and her friend rather then adding a lame romance, so 6 is the rate that I give now

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wakaokami wa Shougakusei! Episode 20 Discussion

OriharaShinra - Aug 26, 2018

3 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 8, 2023 4:37 AM

Poll: » Wakaokami wa Shougakusei! Episode 21 Discussion

OriharaShinra - Sep 2, 2018

2 by bushman66 »»
Jun 18, 2022 7:23 PM

Poll: » Wakaokami wa Shougakusei! Episode 1 Discussion

OriharaShinra - Apr 8, 2018

27 by bushman66 »»
Jun 18, 2022 7:21 PM

» What happened to subgroup website/episodes?

Claptrap - Oct 24, 2018

7 by bastek66 »»
Aug 11, 2020 4:07 PM

» Should I watch this or the movie?

Tenderizer79 - Feb 16, 2019

1 by Firechick12012 »»
Mar 13, 2019 5:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.