Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 17, 2018 2:45 PM

Nov 2010
It is quite confusing and poorly written. After a whole paragraph I still have no idea what the puberty syndrome is or what it means for the girl to "not be reflected in the eyes of others". Is she invisible to people? Does she not have a mirror reflection?

I encourage anyone who's going to bother to watch this one to submit a better description, if possible.
Sep 17, 2018 6:01 PM
Aug 2018
What are you expecting? Such is the state of anime; Garbage.
Sep 17, 2018 7:22 PM

Nov 2011
direct translation of the prologue with some leeway to make more sense in english.

Effects of Puberty
(literally: syndrome of puberty)

A rumor from the web regarding a mysterious phenomenon that causes a mental instability (literally: mind/spirit/soul instability) to some people. Azusagawa, Sakuta is a 2nd year high school student attending a school near Enoshima Island. This year, he meets several girls experiencing the "effects of puberty". For example, he meets a wild bunny girl in the library. Sakurajima, Mai, senpai is an actress who has taken a break from acting. For some reason, people around cannot see her charming self.
What made her to be unable to be seen by others? (translation: she is pretty much invisible to other people). Trying to solve this mystery, Sakuta spends some time with Mai and learns of her hidden feelings/emotions. A mysterious story surrounding these emotionally unstable girls (literally: girls with wavering hearts) starts now.

the original prologue (in Japanese) is available here:
https://ao-buta.com/introduction/
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Sep 17, 2018 8:39 PM

Mar 2016
So basically puberty was taken and exaggerated a bit to make it sound like a phenomenon that is bad
Sep 17, 2018 8:57 PM

Nov 2010
ImLolAtYou said:

Made in Abyss taught me there is still hope for modern anime. You just gotta cherry pick it very carefully.
Sep 18, 2018 2:44 AM

Oct 2014
who needs plot?

bunny girl is enough for me to watch this series.
Sep 18, 2018 3:35 PM

Oct 2013
Thanks DreamingBeats for your post. Though I guesses what that description was all about, it's always pleasant to read better version of something when the original (here: description) is not that muc clear.

Gazz said:
who needs plot?

Aye! That drew mine attention as well. ;D
Sep 18, 2018 5:58 PM

Mar 2014
Kelvets said:
It is quite confusing and poorly written. After a whole paragraph I still have no idea what the puberty syndrome is or what it means for the girl to "not be reflected in the eyes of others". Is she invisible to people? Does she not have a mirror reflection?

I encourage anyone who's going to bother to watch this one to submit a better description, if possible.

Invisible and inaudible. And later on, she

She dressed as bunny girl to see if anyone could notice her if she was trying really hard, like using ridiculous outfits in a crowded public place.
It worked for the protag.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Sep 18, 2018 6:11 PM

Nov 2011
meanwhile, the title can be translated as something along the lines of
"this young, fat sucker does not see bunny senpai's dream(s)"
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Sep 20, 2018 2:06 PM

Nov 2015
LISTEN.....This aint gonna be some garbage slice of life ecchi trash(saying that bc there are so much of meeh anime of that kind) and dont worry about the plot
You cannot spell Light without L
Sep 20, 2018 5:19 PM

Sep 2017
Bronos23 said:
LISTEN.....This aint gonna be some garbage slice of life ecchi trash(saying that bc there are so much of meeh anime of that kind) and dont worry about the plot

I can't do that, with your statement, less...

Decide once every certain number of years which members of the ruling class will oppress and crush the people in parliament: this is the true essence of bourgeois parliamentarism, not only in the constitutional parliamentary monarchies but in the most democratic republics
- The State and Revolution (September 1917), Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov "Lenin".
Sep 20, 2018 6:39 PM

Mar 2015
Gazz said:
who needs plot?

Lol Same happens with me.
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Sep 20, 2018 8:06 PM
Jun 2017
ImLolAtYou said:

coming from the anime, I can safely say that this series is not your average romcom/supernatural show
It has a rather likable main character, 100% Alpha too (which is quite rare these days)
Sep 21, 2018 3:11 PM

Aug 2013
I feel like this is going to be a poor man's Monogatari series. Though that's just my harsh first thought of it.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 21, 2018 3:17 PM

May 2017
Anyone know if this is going to be an Ecchi?

Kuroshiro Ahegao #3542

Sep 22, 2018 4:04 AM

Oct 2014
Y-White said:

It's not ecchi nor it's harem nor it's garbage.

It's pretty great and I have read volume 1 of the light novel.
Sep 22, 2018 9:46 AM

Feb 2014
DreamingBeats said:
direct translation of the prologue with some leeway to make more sense in english.

Effects of Puberty
(literally: syndrome of puberty)

A rumor from the web regarding a mysterious phenomenon that causes a mental instability (literally: mind/spirit/soul instability) to some people. Azusagawa, Sakuta is a 2nd year high school student attending a school near Enoshima Island. This year, he meets several girls experiencing the "effects of puberty". For example, he meets a wild bunny girl in the library. Sakurajima, Mai, senpai is an actress who has taken a break from acting. For some reason, people around cannot see her charming self.
What made her to be unable to be seen by others? (translation: she is pretty much invisible to other people). Trying to solve this mystery, Sakuta spends some time with Mai and learns of her hidden feelings/emotions. A mysterious story surrounding these emotionally unstable girls (literally: girls with wavering hearts) starts now.

the original prologue (in Japanese) is available here:
https://ao-buta.com/introduction/

kinda reminds me on one Kaminomi zo shiru sekai episode (forgot the details tho since it's old)
Sep 22, 2018 8:32 PM
Jul 2015
Another definitely garbage slut anime.
Sep 22, 2018 9:24 PM
Mar 2018
Yes, this description is misleading. I read the first volume, and surprise, surprise, it's garbage.
Sep 23, 2018 1:41 PM

Apr 2015
All I know is that I wish that bunny girl would've appeared in front of me when I hit puberty.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 23, 2018 11:56 PM

Sep 2013
Fabris said:
Kelvets said:

Invisible and inaudible. And later on, she

She dressed as bunny girl to see if anyone could notice her if she was trying really hard, like using ridiculous outfits in a crowded public place.
It worked for the protag.

Didn't I see that before in... Clannad? (Have a starfish!)
Should I alert suicide prevention before watching this? Lolz! I hope not... mostly...

Catgirls rule... but a bunnygirl will do...
Sep 24, 2018 7:43 PM

May 2018
As I don't get it either, it looks like one of those "wait for some reviews after 3-5 episodes"- shows to me.
Sep 24, 2018 8:03 PM

Jun 2017
Pro tip: If the anime's description is shit, then just read the description of the material it was adapted from.
Sep 26, 2018 7:44 AM
Sep 2016
Mahdi said:
Y-White said:

where did you read that volume ? please tell me it was english too..
Sep 26, 2018 7:47 AM

Oct 2014
Runningman0301 said:
Mahdi said:

where did you read that volume ? please tell me it was english too..

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/seishun-buta-yarou-series/

Mountain of Pigeons Translations

and yes in English.
Sep 26, 2018 8:03 PM
Feb 2017
I expect this to be just like Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo. A very misleading and not so impressive first impression leading to something unexpectedly awesome. ^_^
Sep 27, 2018 4:39 AM
Apr 2017
If you've read the first vol of the LN, the description currently of "not be reflected in the eyes of others" is good for at least the first few episodes (since that's kind of how the LN describes it), but yeah you'd have to read the LN to really know what that meant.
Oct 1, 2018 11:44 PM

Apr 2009
The whole Bunny Girl thing in the title sounds like a bait and switch. Sure, you'll see a bunny girl in the first episode... I think that much is guaranteed as shown in the trailer. But after that, I bet the story is gonna take off, to where ever it's going, and no more bunny girl, lol. I'm guessing this is a show about some guy helping out his female senpai about her something something condition, and they might fall in love or maybe not, and there's like this drama and stuff centered around that condition, and blah blah.

I say this because if anyone is really watching this just for the bunny girl, then I have a hunch it could be a recipe for a disappointment.
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Oct 2, 2018 4:34 AM
Mar 2018
venn2009 said:
But after that, I bet the story is gonna take off, to where ever it's going, and no more bunny girl, lol

you guessed it right
Oct 2, 2018 2:16 PM

Mar 2009
Sounds like Light Novel bullshit to me.
Oct 3, 2018 3:26 AM

Jun 2012
Asked to switch the synopsis, this one form Baka Updates is more accurate I think:

"Hey, shall we kiss?" She who was teasing me with these seductive words temporarily disappeared before my eyes.

There could not be a bunny girl inhabiting a library. Azusagawa Sakuta faced a scene that toppled common sense—he encountered a bunny girl, and she is nowhere a normal bunny girl. She is Sakurajima Mai senpai, a student studying at the same school as Sakuta and a retired yet renowned actress. It was said that starting from a few days ago, those around her could no longer see her anymore, and she came to the library just to confirm this. Is this related to the hit topic on the internet, the unimaginable phenomenon known as "the puberty syndrome"? Sakuta, wanting to know the reasons behind and get closer to Mai, decided to solve the puzzle. However, the situation then developed in an unexpected way?

In the city surrounded by the skies and the seas, the romance story of I and she began. The brand new romantic comedy presented by the Sakurasou combo.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

277 by kratchy »»
May 9, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2018

205 by D_1_0 »»
May 5, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

228 by Mythia »»
Apr 25, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.