Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2018 3:56 PM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We meet Oshina and her assassin husband again and this time it didn't end well for him. He wasn't a good guy, but Oshina is gonna have to take care of the baby on her own now which is probably gonna be tough.

And the infantry guys finally made up their mind to follow Ibuya, and Tezuka is there too. Interesting that their first assignment is to deal with the bandits that scumbag with the ugly face collected. I hope for a decisive victory.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 15, 2018 5:56 PM

Nov 2016
Yet another very good episode.

He wasn't the nicest guy around, but seeing that he eventually tried to do something good for his child was kinda heartbreaking.

And I'm relieved that he took the client with him. Calling others useless while running away...what a piece of trash.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 17, 2019 8:44 PM

Feb 2016
This show has some serious subtle vibes to it, I really dig it. The show doesn't need to have a bombastic storyline and over the top resolutions. And yet it still captures my attention. If that isn't a great show, I don't know what is.

Like short concise poetry, similar (but not as overdrawn) as a scene from once upon a time in China. The masterful swordsmen is gunned down, just like that.

With dying breath, uttering his wife's name. The viewer's eyes are drawn then to the new toy which slipped out of his robe, the first item purchased with the new money.

A woman of her times, even with domestic abuse being more the norm, forlornly waits for her husband to come home. Such complex emotions encapsulated effortlessly.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Sep 28, 2020 12:43 AM

Jul 2015
Well that piece of shit Tobei is finally taken care, nice that he took his shady client with him. Kinda sad for Oshina having suffered so much because of him and now has to take care of the baby on her own. Now onto killing those bandits with the almighty power of the infantry!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hidamari no Ki Episode 25 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Sep 16, 2018

8 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Jul 9, 2022 10:52 AM

Poll: » Hidamari no Ki Episode 20 Discussion

FMmatron - Sep 13, 2018

3 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Jul 8, 2022 9:46 PM

Poll: » Hidamari no Ki Episode 1 Discussion

FMmatron - Feb 25, 2018

9 by Nurguburu »»
Feb 16, 2022 3:34 PM

Poll: » Hidamari no Ki Episode 9 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Sep 10, 2018

3 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Feb 4, 2022 10:22 AM

Poll: » Hidamari no Ki Episode 7 Discussion

FMmatron - Sep 10, 2018

3 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Feb 4, 2022 8:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.