Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2018 8:31 PM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seems I was right about Ibuya's dad being caught up in the ideological battles in Edo. That's a very interesting development because it gives Ibuya a big incentive to kinda be on the side of the western doctors and maybe indirectly clash with some of the people he would otherwise support politically. It was kinda sad and funny at the same time to see Ibuya 'lose' the dual the same way his father ended up dying, by falling into the river.

Tezuka's side of the story was more cheerful this time around, with him basically graduating and getting to join his father in his efforts. I hope it all works out, tho it probably won't be that easy.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 11, 2018 3:08 PM

Nov 2016
Guess it was to be expected that Ibuyas dad fell victim to an assassin, the beginning where it was said to be an incident made me already doubt the truth of it.

And yeah, quite the interesting development, since it seems that Ibuya is also working with the people who gave the order to the assassin. The passive threat that he shouldn't follow in the footsteps of his deceased dad are kinda suggesting this.

Tezuka didn't have it easy either at his end, lol, but I gotta say that the conclusion of his segment was really moving for me.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 23, 2020 10:31 AM

Jul 2015
Sad that Manjirou's dad died but at least it was something honorable for a samurai with trying to protect someone instead of only falling down a river. Seems like Ryouan gained a lot of medical knowledge, hopefully he'll be able to use it in practice when returning to Edo.

Feb 4, 2022 10:22 AM

Jun 2020
Wow! This was a nice emotional episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hidamari no Ki Episode 25 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Sep 16, 2018

8 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Jul 9, 2022 10:52 AM

Poll: » Hidamari no Ki Episode 20 Discussion

FMmatron - Sep 13, 2018

3 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Jul 8, 2022 9:46 PM

Poll: » Hidamari no Ki Episode 1 Discussion

FMmatron - Feb 25, 2018

9 by Nurguburu »»
Feb 16, 2022 3:34 PM

Poll: » Hidamari no Ki Episode 7 Discussion

FMmatron - Sep 10, 2018

3 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Feb 4, 2022 8:39 AM

Poll: » Hidamari no Ki Episode 6 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Sep 10, 2018

3 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Feb 4, 2022 8:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.