Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2018 12:00 PM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this episode was pretty gruesome with the cholera just ripping through Japan/Edo like that. At first I was like 'yay, Okon got her own shop' but that happiness didn't last very long. Tho I think at least she is okay? Tezuka's mom tho :(

At least it also got Taki Seisai's stubborn ass and finally forced the shogunate to acknowledge the western doctors so I guess there's a ray of light at the of the tunnel.

Oh, and the shogun is dead. I guess that means there might be more political battles and some more focus on Ibuya again, but we'll see.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 12, 2018 1:44 PM

Nov 2016
I was eagerly waiting for the cholera, which was already foreshadowed in the opening. That was pretty dark and also emotional, especially the last moments of Tezukas mom.

At least Okon seems to be ok, really don't want to lose one of the most likeable characters around.

Great episode overall, one can also say that the cholera was kind of a blessing in disguise. Thanks to it, even the most stubborn and foolish people had to realize that the western methods are the way to go and they finally got accepted officially.

But even then, there were still big fools like Seisai, who preferred to die. Oh well, not a big loss xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 27, 2020 2:02 AM

Jul 2015
The western medicine prohibition law has finally been lifted.... but at what cost. Really sad that the mother died there, really respected her for putting up with her husband and son perverted behaviour of visiting geisha's and supported them in their pursuit of western medicine. At least Okon is still okay after having a shop of her own and all.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hidamari no Ki Episode 25 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Sep 16, 2018

8 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Jul 9, 2022 10:52 AM

Poll: » Hidamari no Ki Episode 20 Discussion

FMmatron - Sep 13, 2018

3 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Jul 8, 2022 9:46 PM

Poll: » Hidamari no Ki Episode 1 Discussion

FMmatron - Feb 25, 2018

9 by Nurguburu »»
Feb 16, 2022 3:34 PM

Poll: » Hidamari no Ki Episode 9 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Sep 10, 2018

3 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Feb 4, 2022 10:22 AM

Poll: » Hidamari no Ki Episode 7 Discussion

FMmatron - Sep 10, 2018

3 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Feb 4, 2022 8:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.