Forum Settings
Forums

Is anime your main source of entertainment?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 29, 2023 6:21 PM

Jun 2020
I just watch whatever animation I want to (not a stickler for what country it comes from), but its usually Japanese animation since those come out more frequently. I sometimes watch live-action shows when the pop-up like Andor, and occasional movie. Youtube is basically my TV cable and I tend to watch it the most. Besides that, reading (be it books or comics) and building with Lego brings me joy (would get more mecha model kits, but they are almost never in stock).

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
Nov 29, 2023 6:27 PM

Jan 2010
No I have other entertainment beside anime and manga. I mean I listened to K-pop, I watched K-dramas (and other TV dramas from East Asia including Japanese one). I've watched American films and TV shows, and I got other stuffs I do beside watching anime and reading manga.
Nov 29, 2023 7:08 PM
Jun 2023
I mostly play video games and i watch YT. Watching anime help me to stay sane during my studies. :)
Nov 29, 2023 11:35 PM

Jul 2016
Don't watch anime anymore, looking to change that next year. (maybe) This year is easily the least amount of anime I've watched since before I started watching anime.

These days my source of entertainment comes from whatever I feel like doing that day. One day it could be forums, the next sports, following day music, another day YT, I cycle through stuff.
Nov 30, 2023 12:54 AM

Jan 2023
Nowadays it is indeed one of my main sources of entertainment :)
Nov 30, 2023 1:05 AM

Nov 2023
Reply to Swagernator
Making fun of people's anime taste is my main source of entertainment.
@Swagernator Great one :-)fantastic!!!
But it's so good, I've never known anybody like you
But it's so good, I've never dreamed of nobody like you
And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime
And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine
Nov 30, 2023 1:06 AM

Nov 2023
@Rod7 Yep, it's the same for me too. I only started anime for this purpose.
But it's so good, I've never known anybody like you
But it's so good, I've never dreamed of nobody like you
And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime
And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine
Nov 30, 2023 3:18 AM

Mar 2023
I watch like one or two anime each month. The rest of the month i watch movies, cartoons, tv shows ect.
Nov 30, 2023 5:51 AM

Oct 2021
I would say watching anime is taking most of the free time I´m having, but I´m also regurlarly playing video games. Sometimes, I´m watching football, too, so i guess these are the ones I´m going for.
Nov 30, 2023 5:53 AM

Feb 2020
"Is anime your main source of entertainment?"

Yeah, it is. I also like to watch documentaries and random YouTube videos.
Nov 30, 2023 5:58 AM

Oct 2021
Aside from hobbies and studying, then sure, I love anime.

░     ❶ Profile                     ░               ❄ 𝚕𝚞𝚌𝚒𝚣𝚔𝚞𝚗 ❄
  ░     ❷ Anime List          ░
Nov 30, 2023 6:37 AM

Feb 2020
Nah it's split pretty evenly between watching pro wrestling (both on TV & IRL), Manga, Books, watching Motorsport on TV and other IRL activities.
Nov 30, 2023 6:50 AM

Jan 2013
About the same time for video games and anime. I may get burned out of video games and watch more anime or the other way around.
Nov 30, 2023 7:10 AM

Jan 2023
No.
Music, concerts, drink beer, fútbol.
Nov 30, 2023 7:15 AM

Oct 2019
It goes back and forth tbh, but during the past few years, anime has been the main for the longest. Right now though, Most of my free time is spent on better call saul
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Nov 30, 2023 7:19 AM

Nov 2021
anime, american football, gaming and math rock

Nov 30, 2023 7:33 AM

Feb 2018

Well... it certainly is the Central unifying Nexus behind my Crafting-based Hobbies;

Nov 30, 2023 6:57 PM

Jul 2019
Pretty much. Anime and manga then movies and football. Football = soccer.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Nov 30, 2023 7:57 PM

Nov 2015
i don,t have free time lately...normally it would be anime or going out with friends.
Nov 30, 2023 9:16 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to Pinoffin
@Rod7 Yep, it's the same for me too. I only started anime for this purpose.
@MonsterOfDreams Im happy that i'm not the only one. :3
Nov 30, 2023 9:32 PM

Nov 2023
if I had to list it, it would probably be drawing, gaming and reading manga, but I wouldnt say it's my main source,,,

┌───────── ❀*̥˚──── ❀*̥˚───┐

save a horse,
ride a cowboy

└──────────── ❀*̥˚──── ❀*̥˚

Nov 30, 2023 10:49 PM

Jun 2016
It used to be my main source, during my teenage years, but I have always been a reader so most of my time is spent on reading. Non-fictions, novels, manga/manhwa, etc.I also listen to music more than watching anime.
Dec 1, 2023 12:04 AM

Jul 2015
I'm not as much into anime/manga lately as I was in the past, but I'd say that it's still my main source of entertainment. I also spend my time playing gacha games and rewatching some of my favorite live-action series from time to time.
Dec 1, 2023 2:50 AM

Mar 2021

Always interesting to see threads that are originally almost 5 years old on here get necroed...

Anime is more of a Hobby to me than just entertainment. While I watch a lot of Anime It's always been to me more about collecting Officially Released Copies of Anime series from now what is considered retro Anime to Anime that is extremely contemporary. But Anime isn't my only source of entertainment. I will on occasion watch movies on Netflix if I am not in the mood for Anime and like others probably have stated I listen to music like anyone else does. Mostly Jazz and electronic music from House to breakbeats, I also enjoy some hip hop and indie pop from the late 80s to early 90s mostly shoegazer bands during this specific time period. I know I am old compared to a lot of the User base on MAL and I don't pretend to be otherwise. Hell I still listen to music on vinyl where I still own two direct drive Technics SL-1200 MKII turntables that still work like they are brand new.

Also on occasion I will sometimes pick up a video game to play but not often. I have owned an Xbox series X since it was released and really only have played 2 games on it. I also own a PS5 and have barely even touched it. Just shows how playing video games for me has declined since I was younger. I mostly bought them out of habit for my daughter to use if and when she does decide to visit me in the near future since she lives abroad over seas.
ColourWheelDec 1, 2023 3:13 AM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» what is battle shonen?

deg - 2 hours ago

12 by Ratris_Decision »»
26 seconds ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 3 hours ago

19 by Rhaelynne »»
1 minute ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

234 by FZREMAKE »»
4 minutes ago

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 53 minutes ago

5 by WatchTillTandava »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » What tropes do you find the most annoying in a protagonist?

ZeroMajor12 - 2 hours ago

12 by Nirinbo »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.