Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 17, 2018 10:38 AM
Jan 2018
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Got to read this chapter a bit early and gotta say love the ending of this arc. The series fells like it's coming to a closure soon but nothing was announced which is good cuz i seriously love this manga and i want it to keep going for a bit more.
May 17, 2018 10:47 AM
Nov 2015
is it already out the new chapter ?
May 17, 2018 1:06 PM
Jan 2018
Raw and spoilers are out. The translated should be out later today or by tomorrow.
May 17, 2018 11:51 PM
Jan 2018
MaGiiQ said:
Raw and spoilers are out. The translated should be out later today or by tomorrow.

are the spoilers true though?? i didn't see any raw versions. just 4 images i think.
May 18, 2018 12:12 AM

Jan 2016
Yeah, i love it too!
But im curious and confused about what will happen next. Hopefully it will be as interesting as it is
May 18, 2018 12:13 AM

Nov 2011
darkrockz said:
MaGiiQ said:

are the spoilers true though?? i didn't see any raw versions. just 4 images i think.

The raw chapter doesn't come usually until around this time. MaGiiQ read spoilers rather than the actual chapter.
May 18, 2018 2:49 AM

Oct 2013
Korean scans are out, Tsukuda did something unpredictable (of which I'm skeptical about). Kinda worried where will the manga head towards now.

Read the Eng scans and after thinking about it, Erina being headmaster makes more sense because of the Blue Tournament and how Souma, Erina and co. can travel around the world.
There is basically no conflict left in the Academy so it's better to focus the story setting on a global level.
NuviMay 18, 2018 5:59 AM
May 18, 2018 3:08 AM
Nov 2017
This arc was pretty good but I wonder where the manga is headed now.
May 18, 2018 4:31 AM
May 2016
This chapter is shit!The plot of this manga is getting worse since Erina's father showed up.The results of many matchs are easily predictable and bad description of the elite 10 and food matchs.Why the hell can souma easily become the first seat of elite 10, I think ishiki deserves that title.
Besides,the plot armor makes main characters win the matchs against the elite 10. The plot was good before and it is full of holes now.Therefore I am very disappointed . The art is awesome but the editor shoud take the responsibility of the terrible plot. I think this manga will be cut soon.
saberlove123May 18, 2018 5:00 AM
May 18, 2018 5:15 AM
Oct 2016
Just read the chapter, Sorry if I missed it out in a previous chapter but does that mean the elite 10 ( Eishi, Rindou etc) are gonna get expelled?
May 18, 2018 5:29 AM

Dec 2013
Erina beoming headmaster was random.

I thought the top seat would’ve gone to Megishima since he was in the 3rd seat previously.

I’m guessing this manga will be coming to an end soon.
May 18, 2018 5:32 AM

Dec 2013
ipigstine said:
Just read the chapter, Sorry if I missed it out in a previous chapter but does that mean the elite 10 ( Eishi, Rindou etc) are gonna get expelled?

Do you really think that Soma’s group are trying to get the elite ten expelled?
May 18, 2018 5:41 AM
May 2018
I dont know where this manga is going now that this arc ended but its probably new challenges and new challengers maybe? The "Blue" arc is possible too but I think its far ahead though :/

Ooh and I didnt even predict that Erina is going to be appointed as Headmaster haha
May 18, 2018 6:04 AM

Sep 2014
Cliché and cheesy shounen victories for the MC topped off by putting a teenager in-charge of everything. Quality stuff right here.
May 18, 2018 6:05 AM
Mar 2014
Erina becoming headmaster should not have happened imo
May 18, 2018 6:10 AM

Dec 2011
After this chapter.I just don't know how it will continue on.
I mean Erina now is the headmistress and Souma with some of the others are now Elite 10 seated.
So what other challenge does they need to overcome .But still I want the moment Erina finally lose to Souma and said delicious lol
Also is it me or does Rinko blush at Tsukasa xD
May 18, 2018 6:12 AM
Feb 2018
I don't like how Soma already got the first seat and how a first year was appointed headmaster.
Now that the RDC is over, how would you rank the students in individual cooking skill/shokugeki ability? My ranking is:
Eishi
Rindou
Erina
Megishima
Somei
Momo
Isshiki
Soma
Kuga
Hayama
Takumi
Mimasaka
Megumi
Eizan
Nene
Ryo
Everyone else
May 18, 2018 6:22 AM

May 2015
Student fill in vacant headmaster position. What a plot twist.

Souma get the 1st seat just like that heh. What the point of 10 people in the strongest group then ? It's like Naruto defeat all member of Akatsuki in one arc, or Luffy rekt all Yonko in one war, or Raku reject all girl in his harem in one chapter, or Kirito pull an all nighter to clearing all his game.

Anyone know about Shokugeki ranking in WSJ recently ?, I feel like the end is coming faster than I thought.
May 18, 2018 6:25 AM

Nov 2011
That escalate quickly.

Not happy Souma with them suddenly being First Seat considering he'll probably lose one on one battle with Tsukasa or even Rindou.

May 18, 2018 6:44 AM
Aug 2016
G_Spark233 said:

I’m guessing this manga will be coming to an end soon.
had the same feeling... But who knows?
May 18, 2018 6:45 AM
Sep 2012
How is this series not over yet, it seems all the goals has been accomplished, and can a student really be headmaster?
May 18, 2018 6:47 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Chapter 263...best chapter so far. But it felt like the end is near. How will the author gonna prolong this one? Hope it won't be like Bleach and Reborn...you know, when their longest and best arcs (arancar arc and future arc) are followed by meehh arc.

Only thing that I can think of for the next arc would be Flashback no Jutsu. We have yet to see mommy Nakiri and mommy Yukihira so yeah, looking forward to that.
May 18, 2018 6:51 AM
Aug 2017
Is chapter 364 the last chapter.
What will happen now because Souma is already ther first seat hasn´t he achieved hs goal already.
May 18, 2018 6:53 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
x-HAZE-x said:
Is chapter 364 the last chapter.
What will happen now because Souma is already ther first seat hasn´t he achieved hs goal already.

No sir. Souma's goal is to make Erina say that his D...ish is delicious. 😉
May 18, 2018 6:53 AM

Nov 2016
What a chapter,the developments had me really grinning like a baka.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 18, 2018 6:57 AM

Mar 2016
Why you guys are so surprised ?
The goal of the Regiment de Cuisine was to take Elite Ten seat. With Soma & Erina in final, it was obvious that Soma take 1st or 2nd seat.
Soma is still young, people like Eishi or Megishima are still strongest than him but between Megumi, Aldini and Soma, the choice is already done.
I didn't expect Erina becoming the headmaster, but okay.

Now, I don't think the end is comming, there's still a lot think to do. I'm confident there'll be like 2 arc at least.
May 18, 2018 7:01 AM

Nov 2010
Hmm, what's left to do.

Time to make Erina sak the D!!!
May 18, 2018 7:04 AM

Jun 2014
wut souma already first seat?
that escalated quickly
May 18, 2018 7:05 AM
Dec 2016
Jesus finally, been over a year for this arc; at least it wasn't boring.

Also you would think that they would put their clothes back on quickly.
May 18, 2018 7:10 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Souma is now the First Seat of the new Elite 10 while Erinacchi has been appointed as the new Headmaster?? I believed that someday Souma-kun will become the First Seat but I never imagined Erina becoming the Headmaster.

I like the ending to this arc, and finally this arc is over. Hmm, I wonder where will things go from here? What's gonna be the next story?
May 18, 2018 7:17 AM

Mar 2012

This arc was bad but this conclusion is worse.
May 18, 2018 7:17 AM
Jul 2018
FMmatron said:

Eh that feels more like anticlimactic. As people already pointed out, Souma will probably lost the first seat 1v1 against Tsukasa or even Rindou, the power levels are already messed up. And Erina since she is already a powerful character now after this arc, is sidelined from the cooking after becoming a director. Either this means manga ending or some international competiton.

It's a curious development but hope it's used in the right way, atm I will side with the popular opinion, that it feels underwhelming to say the least.
May 18, 2018 7:24 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty bad chapter.

Erina became the director just at first year.She has no experience,has not even passed out.

Bad end to a bad arc.

May 18, 2018 7:31 AM

Sep 2014
Well I can't say I was expecting that, Erina's reaction to becoming headmaster too was lol. I wonder where this will go from here or will it end soon.
May 18, 2018 7:36 AM

Nov 2016
Frostbytes said:
FMmatron said:

Eh that feels more like anticlimactic. As people already pointed out, Souma will probably lost the first seat 1v1 against Tsukasa or even Rindou, the power levels are already messed up. And Erina since she is already a powerful character now after this arc, is sidelined from the cooking after becoming a director. Either this means manga ending or some international competiton.

It's a curious development but hope it's used in the right way, atm I will side with the popular opinion, that it feels underwhelming to say the least.

I dunno,can't really share some opinions here and they don't effect my perception of the events.

I may be easy to please or good at adapting my expectations to the stuff I consume,but I'm primarily watching this for cheesy chapters like this,comedy and the hype moments. And this was a great fanservice chapter of one of my favorite shounen. As far as I'm concerned people can continue to be nitpicky or to overcomplicate things with their inapprotiate expectations,for me they're missing the point.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 18, 2018 7:45 AM
Jul 2018
FMmatron said:
Frostbytes said:

I dunno,can't really share some opinions here and they don't effect my perception of the events.

I may be easy to please or good at adapting my expectations to the stuff I consume,but I'm primarily watching this for cheesy chapters like this,comedy and the hype moments. And this was a great fanservice chapter of one of my favorite shounen. As far as I'm concerned people can continue to be nitpicky or to overcomplicate things with their inapprotiate expectations,for me they're missing the point.

I mean that's fine since everyone's enjoyment criteria is different, but this is not really being nitpicky since it's a criticism itself. When the logic of the manga itself becomes messed up or there are inconsistencies, it's hard to enjoy for me at least.

Some people read it for comedy and hype, some people read it for a good powerlevel setup and buildup, that's not inappropriate expectations or missing the point by any means since it's possible to have a logical setup in a fanservice manga too. Especially since sns actually showed that in the first half.
removed-userMay 18, 2018 7:49 AM
May 18, 2018 7:49 AM
Aug 2017
is the manga going to end? because i don't know where's the story gonna go
May 18, 2018 7:53 AM

Jun 2013
I'm fine with everything. The people who have a problem with this chapter probably expected that the Elite 10 were the end goal. I'm pretty sure the end goal is to have Souma and Erina become the top 2 chefs in the world. The mangaka probably doesn't want this manga to be like 700 chapters long, so he already took care of the Elite 10 and now we move on to bigger and better things.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2018 8:05 AM

Sep 2015
Pretty much the ending. Hopefully next chapter is a marriage proposal or wedding. If SnS were to
ever continue the only thing I think they can bring is like some kind of foreign challenge(kid chefs from American or something).
May 18, 2018 8:10 AM

Aug 2015
Haha.... if the end is near then the ending of the arc was rushed. It was long and even the matches are long but.... yeah I just can't really agree with that thing.
I mean, I'm like some of you, I can't really be happy with this ending and even the consequences. (Soma 1st Seat very too easy and so for Erina as headmistress)

TBH I thought for a moment that Soma was going to chose his father xD But no it just can't happen.

At least now (I hope for this for a long time) we'll have some flashback. But somethings tells me that Soma's mother wasn't a cook, nor a rich's daughter. She was just a common woman who he met on his travel so maybe Soma is a bit half Japanese and half something else.
Does anyone here agree with me? If so then do you have a guess about his mother's origins?
"Slowly but surely."-Me

Hey Pals Let's Be Unique!
May 18, 2018 8:15 AM

Jun 2014
I can live with Souma being the 1st seat already, him reaching that goal to surpass his dad was going to happen at some point. But Erina becoming Headmaster? That's just weird to me.

I'm really curious to see where this story will go next. This felt like an ending tbh.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 18, 2018 8:16 AM

Nov 2017
Oh wow, i didnt expect that souma will get first seat instantly and nakiri will be the headmaster. At times, this manga's pace is like a slug, but at times, like this time, the pace is like a flash.

Maybe the next arc will be cooking between countries/continents. If it is between cooking school in japan, come on....Tootsuki was said as the best in Japan wasn't it? Unless the writer play a naught game and say, "well, that's yesterday story".
May 18, 2018 8:27 AM

Nov 2016
Frostbytes said:
FMmatron said:

I mean that's fine since everyone's enjoyment criteria is different, but this is not really being nitpicky since it's a criticism itself. When the logic of the manga itself becomes messed up or there are inconsistencies, it's hard to enjoy for me at least.

Some people read it for comedy and hype, some people read it for a good powerlevel setup and buildup, that's not inappropriate expectations or missing the point by any means since it's possible to have a logical setup in a fanservice manga too. Especially since sns actually showed that in the first half.

I don't see how the "powerlevels" of a cooking manga should be the deceiving factor for enjoyment and how you even measure consistency, especially since there are various different aspects which should be taken into account to decide the quality of a dish. Sure it's treated like a battle shounen and that's why people have these expectations,but you can't apply the common straight forward logic here,like character x is stronger than character y. Skills and experience are a factor, however,like mentioned above,they aren't everything. In my perception things played out fine and were reasonable. Souma is first seat due to the circumstances and not because he's the best cook.

And besides, the objective was clear from the very beginning,todays developments were bond to happen, - the headmaster part,maybe. As always,people are just salty/confused etc. cause they hoped for something different and don't know what to expect,which is understandable to a certain degree. The story can go anywhere now,therefore we should just stay patient, wait how things are going to develop and then judge.

May 18, 2018 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
FMmatron said:
Frostbytes said:

I don't see how the "powerlevels" of a cooking manga should be the deceiving factor for enjoyment and how you even measure consistency, especially since there are various different aspects which should be taken into account to decide the quality of a dish. Sure it's treated like a battle shounen and that's why people have these expectations,but you can't apply the common straight forward logic here,like character x is stronger than character y. Skills and experience are a factor, however,like mentioned above,they aren't everything. In my perception things played out fine and were reasonable. Souma is first seat due to the circumstances and not because he's the best cook.

And besides, the objective was clear from the very beginning,todays developments were bond to happen, - the headmaster part,maybe. As always,people are just salty/confused etc. cause they hoped for something different and don't know what to expect,which is understandable to a certain degree. The story can go anywhere now,therefore we should just stay patient, wait how things are going to develop and then judge.

Sure, that's why I had no problems when Souma beat Nene, or even in some other matches when the surrounding circumstances are taken into account, that's why I said it's perfectly fine when it's logical. The problem is here,Souma is primarily given the first seat when he won as the two sets of a dish clashed and created the prefect synergy, and one of them is not even in the cooking scenario now. The first seat is still looked at as the best chef in the academy, even if its not necessarily true. Even Megumi and Takumi were surprised that Jouchiro was the second seat despite Dojima saying Jouchiro was the best chef of their generation. Your skills come first and are the biggest factor. You can make your way into the elite 10 through skill alone without contributing much to Totsuki, but you can't make a huge contribution to Totsuki and be a weak chef. E10 doesn't take two dishes into account afterall when you are doing a shokugeki, like they did in this one.

I am just fine with Erina becoming director not taking my suspension of disbelief into account for a first year becoming headmaster, it's sns after all. Beating the first seat when she is a first year doesn't mean she becomes an administrator, here's no logical reason her grandpa doesn't just take the directors seat back, it's just a weird promotion from what we know so far creating logical inconsistency, but after Azami everything can happen so yeah I will overlook it.
The point is that the buildup to the first seat feels weak as hell. If Souma beat him in a fair and square 1v1 against tsukasa or rindou taking circumstances into account? perfectly logical. But when it's 2v 2 decides the best chef in the academy, you can't help but feel it's a weak buildup. This is not a cooking circumstance, and an odd event circumstance deciding the top spot.

This is just how I feel, I also felt that the Elite10 had more potential like Rindou and they feel wasted, but that's a separate matter.
removed-userMay 18, 2018 9:04 AM
May 18, 2018 9:17 AM
Jan 2018
saberlove123 said:
This chapter is shit!The plot of this manga is getting worse since Erina's father showed up.The results of many matchs are easily predictable and bad description of the elite 10 and food matchs.Why the hell can souma easily become the first seat of elite 10, I think ishiki deserves that title.
Besides,the plot armor makes main characters win the matchs against the elite 10. The plot was good before and it is full of holes now.Therefore I am very disappointed . The art is awesome but the editor shoud take the responsibility of the terrible plot. I think this manga will be cut soon.
that's the only you want to complain what about the fact that erina a teenager being headmaster of academy which is said to produce top chef plus isshiki Is nor interested in being 1st at all I never even go full out he just like to see his junior take the lead I would've put kuga as 1St seat and soma 2nd seat
Lex_BryantMay 18, 2018 9:21 AM
May 18, 2018 9:24 AM
Jan 2018
KaiserNazrin said:
That escalate quickly.

Not happy Souma with them suddenly being First Seat considering he'll probably lose one on one battle with Tsukasa or even Rindou.
Well that's was the whole point of this regiment of cuisine thing that doesn't surprise me at all I had predicted he would've been 1 or 2 seat at the end of this arc I'm more surprised that a teenager is now headmaster of an academy
May 18, 2018 9:45 AM
Mar 2018
Fianlly the regimental shokugeki has wrapped up!! The rebel team is the winner. And as I expected, Soma is the new 1st seat. The rest of them also join the elite 10. The surprise factor was Erina Nakiri named the new headmaster or here in case headmistress of Totsuki academy. Now let's what's store for Soma and grp ahead!!!
May 18, 2018 9:53 AM

Sep 2013
Erina-sama is the headmaster :'(
Souma being first seat is awful and I wonder if it'll end soon cause it feels like it.
May 18, 2018 10:02 AM
Mar 2015
souma is where he belongs underneath Erina Ride 'em cowgirl
May 18, 2018 10:08 AM

Jun 2014
God dangit! This dragged out arc is finally over and the mangaka pulls this?

Souma should for one not be in the first seat. There are plenty of other students that are capable of taking that seat after only one shokugeki.
And Erina as headmaster? She's still a student, how?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 315 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Arjuna777 - Jun 12, 2019

134 by addictedtoliving »»
Aug 5, 2023 5:38 AM

» COMPLETED Compilation of All Recipes!

kayune_ - Aug 1, 2022

4 by reedread »»
Feb 13, 2023 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 283 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

24 by uglycat »»
Oct 23, 2022 10:42 AM

Poll: » Our Love Counseling Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2014

18 by removed-user »»
Oct 2, 2022 6:16 AM

Poll: » Best Girl of Shokugeki no Souma ( 1 2 3 4 )

Subbed - Apr 8, 2014

158 by Saia_er »»
Aug 16, 2022 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.