Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 12, 2018 8:20 PM
Dec 2015
I don't understand why this anime is noted like that here. He is better than a lot of fantasy isekai (or not ) anime whitch have a better note on the site. I don't understand the english community on MAL they give 7+ to animes like Isekai Smartphone, Knight of magic or Gate but an anime that have a good plot, complex relationship, very good animation and geopolitic deserved a 6,74 so i ask you the question, just why ?

PS : Sorry for my aproximate english i'm french.
zeodrakeyMay 14, 2018 5:26 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 13, 2018 2:22 AM

Jul 2015
It's probably because of the pacing in the early episodes. If we'll take a look at the top reviews, most of the reviewers only watched the early episodes.

Personally, I like the pacing especially in the later episodes. We get more wars and politics.
May 13, 2018 4:07 AM

Sep 2016
zeodrakey said:
I don't understand why this anime is noted like that here. He is better than a lot of fantasy isekai (or not ) anime who have a better note on the site. I d'ont understand the english community on MAL they give 7+ to animes like Isekai Smartphone, Knight of magic or Gate but an anime who have a good plot, complex relationship, very good animation and geopolitic deserved a 6,74 so i ask you the question, just why ?

Simple. It's because it's not good.
May 13, 2018 4:25 AM
Mar 2018
It's overrated actually.
May 13, 2018 6:13 AM
Dec 2015
sixfourone said:
It's probably because of the pacing in the early episodes. If we'll take a look at the top reviews, most of the reviewers only watched the early episodes.

Personally, I like the pacing especially in the later episodes. We get more wars and politics.

Yes the early épisodes are very average it is true, i started to like the anime at épisode 6-7 i think.

Simple. said:
SNDT said:
It's overrated actually.

I see a lot of argumentation here.
May 13, 2018 8:25 AM

Oct 2014
The first few episodes were very fast paced, so most people struggled to enjoy it. If you look at the score now, it has been rising gradually ever since the pacing improved from episode 12 onward. The score will go up a lot when it ends so I wouldn't worry about how it looks now.
May 13, 2018 2:44 PM

Jul 2015
Yasaal said:
zeodrakey said:
I don't understand why this anime is noted like that here. He is better than a lot of fantasy isekai (or not ) anime who have a better note on the site. I d'ont understand the english community on MAL they give 7+ to animes like Isekai Smartphone, Knight of magic or Gate but an anime who have a good plot, complex relationship, very good animation and geopolitic deserved a 6,74 so i ask you the question, just why ?

Considering your ratings for the shows this season, this show probably isn't suited for you.
May 13, 2018 2:52 PM
Mar 2018
I personally really enjoyed the series and I didn't even realize that it carried on.. I thought for some reason it ended and there were no more episodes! Apparently I was wrong..
May 13, 2018 7:03 PM

Sep 2016
sixfourone said:
Yasaal said:

Considering your ratings for the shows this season, this show probably isn't suited for you.
Yep. Although it was a six a few episodes earlier, it went low. Still hoping something good happens so I push it back to a 6 but unfortunately it seems unlikely.
May 14, 2018 1:43 AM

May 2015
rofl anyone who drop this anime is seriously just a kid or really not suited for it

this anime getting interesting and best watch it when it's nearly finished or well straight all episode it offered because it's more understandable and the pacing is more decent that way or looks like it
May 15, 2018 4:17 AM

Aug 2017
zeodrakey said:
I don't understand why this anime is noted like that here. He is better than a lot of fantasy isekai (or not ) anime whitch have a better note on the site. I don't understand the english community on MAL they give 7+ to animes like Isekai Smartphone, Knight of magic or Gate but an anime that have a good plot, complex relationship, very good animation and geopolitic deserved a 6,74 so i ask you the question, just why ?

Pour l'instant il a pas une super note notament prcq beaucoup de gens on drop aux premiers episodes ou même à l'episode 9 (avec le """viol""" qui a choqué pas mal de gens, ce que je trouve pas très logique quand on voit les notes d'autres trucs genre berserk mais bon) mais sa arrive souvent que la note moyenne remonte d'un ou deux points quand l'anime se termine vu que pas mal de gens (dont moi par exemple) attendent ce moment pour noter
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2018 6:31 AM

Sep 2014
A-K-A said:
zeodrakey said:

Pour l'instant il a pas une super note notament prcq beaucoup de gens on drop aux premiers episodes ou même à l'episode 9 (avec le """viol""" qui a choqué pas mal de gens, ce que je trouve pas très logique quand on voit les notes d'autres trucs genre berserk mais bon) mais sa arrive souvent que la note moyenne remonte d'un ou deux points quand l'anime se termine vu que pas mal de gens (dont moi par exemple) attendent ce moment pour noter

The amount of dropped is a proof that the english community don't know what they want. They complain about other generic fantasy anime and rate them high anyway, but when there's something original and more abitious, they act like if they never asked for something like that and bash on it anyway. They think they prefer originality over generic anime, but the rating on MAL clearly shows otherwise.
May 15, 2018 8:01 AM

Aug 2017
Hrybami said:
A-K-A said:

The amount of dropped is a proof that the english community don't know what they want. They complain about other generic fantasy anime and rate them high anyway, but when there's something original and more abitious, they act like if they never asked for something like that and bash on it anyway. They think they prefer originality over generic anime, but the rating on MAL clearly shows otherwise.

Indeed I think I've never seen anything more illogic than the way most of MAL's users are rating anime x)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2018 12:02 PM
Dec 2017
The show's ratings, in my personal opinion, are highly underrated for this show. Sure, at times it is clear that the pace is too fast, leading us to see some characters come and go without us getting to know them, and that is quite understandable, given that the show runs on a budget. If you really want to have every little detail at perfect pacing, you are urged to buy the novel and read it. This is the reality of any (or all) animes.

Now off to the reason of the underrated review score...

SPOILER ALERT, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To cut it short - everyone hates what happened at the episode where love if professed; the very ending put a sour twist to everyone's expectations, and a lot of people simply stopped and gave low rating unbefitting of the show. It is highly degrading to the Author who took his time to write such an intricate story and is highly disrespectful to the people that put so much effort into the art.
Personal opinion:

There are many upsides to the whole show, as it goes out of its way to leave the classic anime norm of illogical personalities and ideas. The way many don't see the bigger picture is simply because they are close-sighted individuals. Thank you for the read and I hope this changes someone's opinion in the long run

Personally, the show deserves a solid 8.7/10 minimum because of the bad pacing in several episodes, take it with a grain of salt - as the mid-way point of the show is basically limbo for the real fans of anime in general, and those that have no respect for it and give bad reviews simply because they got butthurt...
May 15, 2018 5:58 PM

May 2015
i hope there will be BD version of this anime so few fight scene is more polished and added few extra episode to explain more detail about the story and the political intrigue

overall this anime was really hidden gem

you watch for 3 episode rule this anime didnt give lots of impact obviously, this anime getting interesting when how Mirza and Theo, each have opposite idealism but carry out their way and mission succesfully in their each true form was very interesting for me.
May 16, 2018 4:18 AM

Aug 2017
Xeryxoz said:
The show's ratings, in my personal opinion, are highly underrated for this show. Sure, at times it is clear that the pace is too fast, leading us to see some characters come and go without us getting to know them, and that is quite understandable, given that the show runs on a budget. If you really want to have every little detail at perfect pacing, you are urged to buy the novel and read it. This is the reality of any (or all) animes.

Now off to the reason of the underrated review score...

SPOILER ALERT, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
To cut it short - everyone hates what happened at the episode where love if professed; the very ending put a sour twist to everyone's expectations, and a lot of people simply stopped and gave low rating unbefitting of the show. It is highly degrading to the Author who took his time to write such an intricate story and is highly disrespectful to the people that put so much effort into the art.
Personal opinion:

There are many upsides to the whole show, as it goes out of its way to leave the classic anime norm of illogical personalities and ideas. The way many don't see the bigger picture is simply because they are close-sighted individuals. Thank you for the read and I hope this changes someone's opinion in the long run

Personally, the show deserves a solid 8.7/10 minimum because of the bad pacing in several episodes, take it with a grain of salt - as the mid-way point of the show is basically limbo for the real fans of anime in general, and those that have no respect for it and give bad reviews simply because they got butthurt...

I totaly agree with you, you did a great job explaning this ^^
Apr 13, 2020 7:55 AM
Aug 2018
SNDT said:
It's overrated actually.
lmao how is this overrated?
Jun 16, 2020 5:53 AM

Jan 2020
Just finished watching this and I'm equally a little baffled why it's not popular. It's no masterpiece clearly and the plot moves at a fair speed, but to squeeze a kind of Game of Thrones level story into 24 episodes in a way that's coherent, interesting and engaging throughout is no small feat. It's brave enough to have the main cast actually make misakes and pay the consequences for it which again is not something you see often.

I will say on reading the reviews however, it seems a lot of people dropped or radically adjusted their scores after events in Episode 9. You'd have to have the emotions of a rock to not be affected, however the ongoing story beyond handles events well so people really should continue watching to the end.
Sep 20, 2020 3:24 PM
Sep 2020
So far its one of my favorites. Siluca + Theo are cute and the story feels like GoT. The pacing feels a bit rushed though.

Honestly, would welcome suggestions because I haven't found many I like as well this.
Feb 3, 2021 4:42 AM
Jul 2020
Unless something drastic happens in the last 4 episodes I think I would call it overrated. I’m on 20 of 24 and how it’s shaping out to end with the two royals getting married when IMO the female leader has been the villain of the show seems like it’s going to be quite weak and not worth finishing. Overall I was enjoying the show but to me endings aren’t very important.
Feb 18, 2021 9:07 PM
Dec 2018
I finished this anime in 2 days, and i enjoy it. Yes in first episode (1-6 maybe) i little confused about the story and i forced to watch it and in 7+ eps it was really good than others fantasy anime

And i really like all the characters of this anime, like wow (i can't describe it).

Srry for my bad English
Aug 29, 2022 12:29 AM

Sep 2018
It's pretty damn good, it's one of those series where I honestly believe that the older you are, the more you'll appreciate it. It's brutal, it's raw and it's business like in it's execution. Far more mature than what I expected going into it.
Oct 27, 2022 7:37 PM

Dec 2014
For me, I think the journey of MC is too smooth to be true.
But this isn't a long running popular anime, so there is nothing to be done.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Dec 11, 2022 4:53 PM

Jul 2021
Just finished watching this anime today, December 2022. Just like someone already mentioned in this thread. Its like anime game of thrones. But the 24 episode of this anime is not enought to fully flesh out all the characters and political intrigues. But despite that I think its still did a decent job.

The animation in some fights are Above average.

I think its current score of 7.22 is enought for this anime. for me maybe I give it a 7.5/10.
Jul 1, 2023 6:32 PM

Apr 2020
RjtheGreat14 said:
I think its current score of 7.22 is enought for this anime. for me maybe I give it a 7.5/10.
I agree 7.5 is a reasonable score
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Jul 1, 2023 6:39 PM

Apr 2020
Because it's really bad. Especially compared to Mizuno's other babies. It just feels like pandering to the ecchi isekai generation. The characters are extremely flat, the pacing is incredibly fucked and there's less than 0 suspense for any of the major plot points. Everything is solved almost immediately like it was barely even an issue.
Jul 2, 2023 12:47 PM
Community Mod
đź’§Focalorsđź’§

Mar 2022
Thread locked for not encouraging discussion.

Anime Discussion Rules: 2.e Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. Examples include:
e. MAL community data
e.g. Questioning the score/ranking/character favorite counts
e.g. Saying that series X should have a higher/lower score/count
e.g. Specific reviews, moderation of data/community content/reviews, etc.
Concerns about the website should be reported using the appropriate buttons or designated MyAnimeList boards.

You may also use this thread if you want to talk about overrated/underrated anime.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2018

489 by DesolatePsyche »»
Mar 26, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

146 by Leniam »»
Feb 27, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2018

61 by nick_el_son »»
Feb 24, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 22 Discussion

Icedout15 - Oct 25, 2018

5 by phantom346 »»
Feb 3, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 24 Discussion

ToG25thBaam - Aug 8, 2018

37 by Princesanatankum »»
Jan 29, 5:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.