Forum Settings
Forums

What anime gave you the worst case of Post-Show Depression?

New
May 12, 2018 12:47 PM

Aug 2017
I don't get it too often with the shows I watch, but I've been hit hard with it recently after finishing up K-On!

Just so I know I'm human, what anime has given you the worst case of PSD?
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 12, 2018 12:49 PM

Dec 2017
evangelion for sure, i had fucking nightmares after binging that shit
May 12, 2018 12:51 PM

Nov 2014
Ouran High School Host Club left me craving more episodes .

Toradora also hit me with that Post Anime Stress Disorder.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2018 12:52 PM

Aug 2017
uninstallthegame said:

I remember feeling so weird after finishing the tv series. I still can't explain it.
May 12, 2018 12:55 PM

Jul 2017
Assassination classroom. The penultimate episode still gives me shivers and aches till this day and after I finished the show, I was depressed for like a week.
May 12, 2018 12:56 PM

Aug 2017
Whiskeyjack1k said:
Ouran High School Host Club left me craving more episodes .

Toradora also hit me with that Post Anime Stress Disorder.

Toradora is a show I constantly hear mentioned in topics similar to this! Been meaning to start it one of these days.
May 12, 2018 12:57 PM

Feb 2018
I guess you are talking about the void and I felt it after watching pretty much all of my favorites.
May 12, 2018 12:57 PM

Mar 2017
Death Note, Code Geass, Eureka Seven and Your Lie in April.
May 12, 2018 12:58 PM

Dec 2017
redrum522 said:
uninstallthegame said:

I remember feeling so weird after finishing the tv series. I still can't explain it.

yeah, dude. some of the imagery is disturbing, especially in the movie. and almost every character there has some kind of psychological struggle and the show just puts you in their boots
May 12, 2018 1:01 PM
Jun 2015
Steins;Gate

The show was just absolutely phenomenal. I felt entirely connected with the cast and the story so it ending felt as though something was ripped from me. The show literally became a part of me. (And who would've thought that I had almost dropped it :p )

But yeah, the show left me with a pit in my stomach for a long time and the only thing I felt was sadness and a want to rewatch it again, which I did just 3 months later. Speaking of which, I am really glad Steins;Gate 0 is a thing - it's great!

Also Toradora was one that made me rather depressed.
May 12, 2018 1:02 PM

Apr 2018
Evangelion and Madoka Magica by far, especially their "conclusion" movies End of Evangelion and Rebellion, respectively.
I watched both at night with the lights off and both times when i went to sleep i just lay there staring at the ceiling for hours feeling empty inside while my brain was desperately trying to process all the insane shit i just saw... still love those movies, though :)
Stygian_PrisonerMay 12, 2018 1:16 PM
May 12, 2018 1:03 PM

Sep 2016
Madoka Magica, Clannad - After Story.
May 12, 2018 1:04 PM

Aug 2017
animejas said:
Assassination classroom. The penultimate episode still gives me shivers and aches till this day and after I finished the show, I was depressed for like a week.

Damn, I've been wanting to start that for a while now. May have to wait a little more before going through that feeling again :c
May 12, 2018 1:04 PM

Nov 2016
There were shows I was more attached to,but the following examples left me feeling like shit after I've finished them.

Ashita no Jo
Versailles no Bara
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Plastic Memories
Anohana

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 12, 2018 1:08 PM

Jan 2018
Castle in the sky. I want to see more. Just one more OVA please. Okay, two OVA.

I forgot the worst feeling for a particular anime because it's bad that I had to forget it you get me.
May 12, 2018 1:09 PM

Aug 2017
Stygian_Prisoner said:
Evangelion and Madoka Magica by far, especially their "conclusion" movies End of Evangelion and Rebellion, respectively. I watched both at night with the lights off and both times when i went to sleep i just lay there staring at the ceiling for hours feeling empty inside...still love those movies, though :)

I love EOE. I felt so weird after watching it, especially the last 20 minutes.
May 12, 2018 1:09 PM
Oct 2015
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso for sure, even these days if I see a picture or hear a song that was in the anime I get this feeling in my stomach.
May 12, 2018 1:11 PM

Apr 2018
I felt pretty depressed after watching berserk(1997). The ending was brutal and it shook me.
May 12, 2018 1:14 PM

Aug 2017
FMmatron said:
There were shows I was more attached to,but the following examples left me feeling like shit after I've finished them.

Ashita no Jo
Versailles no Bara
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Plastic Memories
Anohana

I've kinda blocked out Plastic Memories from my brain. The last episode's buildup to the ferris wheel scene was incredibly tough to watch!
May 12, 2018 1:14 PM

Oct 2016
I know these picks were already mentioned but Evangelion + End of Evangelion and Assassination Classtoom. Assassination Classroom seems light-hearted but when you reach the end of series you're just left with a deep feeling of sadness, I think this one affected me the most for how much I was attached to the characters- same is said for Eva- but Eva leaves you completely helpless, and with a sense of desperation and emptiness, especially after that spectacular movie.
May 12, 2018 1:16 PM

Aug 2017
Dotachin_ said:
Madoka Magica, Clannad - After Story.

I've been mentally preparing myself for months to start Clannad + After Story. I have absolutely no idea what it's about, but from what I've heard its the pinnacle of depressing/sad anime.
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Sankarea is the only time I stopped watching anime for a few days, but that was because I didn't think much else could follow it up properly. Thing is, I guess I was right, because I don't remember what anime I followed it up with.

Oct 2017
Too many to list. It usually happens with longer series since I watch them over long period of time and it becomes a routine. Once I finish them im left with an empty feeling. Most recently with Maison Ikkoku
May 12, 2018 1:19 PM

Aug 2017
_Malachite said:
I know these picks were already mentioned but Evangelion + End of Evangelion and Assassination Classtoom. Assassination Classroom seems light-hearted but when you reach the end of series you're just left with a deep feeling of sadness, I think this one affected me the most for how much I was attached to the characters- same is said for Eva- but Eva leaves you completely helpless, and with a sense of desperation and emptiness, especially after that spectacular movie.

For me, my immediate reaction to finishing the series and movie is more of confusion than depressing. It's one of those things that sits with you, and the more you think about it and analyze, the harder it hits you. Especially if you rewatch it knowing much of the show's true meanings.
May 12, 2018 1:19 PM

May 2016
There have been a few that have hit me hard. Of the top of my head the worst cases of Post-Show Depression are EoE, Rebellion, Sora Yori, and yesterday with the K-On Movie which I watched at 1:30am and stayed around till 2:30 laying there with my watery eyes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2018 1:20 PM

Mar 2018
Mirai nikki for the wrong reasons

Elfen Lied, Deathnote, and requiem for the phantom for the right reasons
May 12, 2018 1:23 PM

Aug 2017
CoquiEnthusiast said:
There have been a few that have hit me hard. Of the top of my head the worst cases of Post-Show Depression are EoE, Rebellion, Sora Yori, and yesterday with the K-On Movie which I watched at 1:30am and stayed around till 2:30 laying there with my watery eyes.

K-On! has been the only show where I've purposely limited myself to watching one episode a day instead of binging because I didn't want it to end. Yesterday I finished the series and this morning I watched the movie. Episode 20 and 24 were such a hard watch!
May 12, 2018 1:25 PM

Jul 2017
Post show depression, huh?
Serial Experiments Lain and the Madoka Magica Rebellion Movie both fucked me up after watching.
It's not just because the shows are dark in general, but also because of the beauty emanating from both of them within all those dark themes.
Especially with Lain. That was a very enjoyable yet bumpy ride.
May 12, 2018 1:25 PM

Aug 2015
Gundam X: It made sad because it was cut short due to being cancelled. Still a great show.
Code Geass: The ending made me tear up.
Kodocha: Even though I adore to the show to death it me craving more episodes.
Gundam Build Fighters Season 1 especially GM: Despite being a show for kids it made me tear up of satisfaction.
Assassination Classroom: The final 2 episodes made me feel depressed and sad.
Durarara as a whole: It made me feel empty after all that chaos in the finale of Ketsu
Ashita no Joe. The ending made feel depressed and truly sad. JOE!!!!
TakaCodeMay 12, 2018 1:29 PM
May 12, 2018 1:26 PM

Mar 2018
Eight-Man said:
Steins;Gate

The show was just absolutely phenomenal. I felt entirely connected with the cast and the story so it ending felt as though something was ripped from me. The show literally became a part of me. (And who would've thought that I had almost dropped it :p )

But yeah, the show left me with a pit in my stomach for a long time and the only thing I felt was sadness and a want to rewatch it again, which I did just 3 months later. Speaking of which, I am really glad Steins;Gate 0 is a thing - it's great!

Also Toradora was one that made me rather depressed.

I agree with everything except for "almost dropping" as I binged it in one sitting. Code Geass and Berserk gave me a void for quite some time. Also it's not really a void but Konosuba and Haruhi left an intense desire for more (even though I would never have expected that when starting either of them). Oh and don't even start me on SNAFU/Oregairu, cliffhangers like that must be illegal.
May 12, 2018 1:28 PM
Dec 2017
Assasination Classroom for sure. But also Hunter X Hunter left me sitting there speechless.
May 12, 2018 1:35 PM
Nov 2017
Madoka Magica Rebellion- like, where is movie 4?? Or season 2??
May 12, 2018 1:36 PM

Jul 2017
I suppose the last anime that left me with that feeling was Re:Zero. I tend to feel empty or wanting more after I finish a visual novel, though. Muv Luv: Alternative was maybe the last piece of media that strongly left me with this feeling back in 2014.
May 12, 2018 1:38 PM

Aug 2017
Sophram said:
Assasination Classroom for sure. But also Hunter X Hunter left me sitting there speechless.

I'm currently watching HxH and have been loving every minute of it. I still have about 120 episodes left before I'm up to date, but I can already tell I'll be feeling empty once I get there, especially since it's going to be a long time before it gets picked up again.
May 12, 2018 1:40 PM

Jan 2017
Devilman Crybaby.
I wasn't able to recover for days.
May 12, 2018 1:40 PM
Sep 2017
Berserk (1997) and devilman crybaby,how both of those ended broke me
May 12, 2018 1:46 PM

Jul 2015
re zero
i felt like i was cucked for one week x)

after code geass ending i felt the void
May 12, 2018 1:46 PM
Feb 2018
I felt so empty when i finished code geass. I lived somewhere in the void for a few days.
May 12, 2018 1:50 PM

Nov 2016
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, damn that hit me in the feels, didn't want to end like that.
May 12, 2018 1:53 PM

Aug 2017
Hirok13 said:
Devilman Crybaby.
I wasn't able to recover for days.

Never really heard much about Devilman Crybaby until now. Will definitely throw that on the PTW list. Surprised to see its only 10 episodes though! I may devote a few days to watching it in the future.
May 12, 2018 1:55 PM

Aug 2017
Skennes said:
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, damn that hit me in the feels, didn't want to end like that.

Always heard good things about this show. I'm a sucker for shows that incorporate music in its plot.
redrum522May 12, 2018 2:10 PM
May 12, 2018 2:44 PM
Apr 2018
That would be Bleach. What melancholy...
Others that leave me with that feeling of emptiness:
-Parasyte
-Monster
Oh the hell ... I put in favorites those that give me that feeling.
May 12, 2018 2:53 PM
Jul 2017
Shinsekai yori. By god did i struggle! Been 2 months and im still not fully recovered. At this pace i dont think i’ll ever be 100%
May 12, 2018 2:58 PM

Aug 2017
qnoshtt said:
That would be Bleach. What melancholy...
Others that leave me with that feeling of emptiness:
-Parasyte
-Monster
Oh the hell ... I put in favorites those that give me that feeling.

I do the same exact thing. I know a show is great if I finish it and mentally feel empty. It's not a pleasant feeling, but that's how you know that what you watched is special to you in whatever way that is. I reserve my 9s and even 10s to shows/movies that leave me feeling that "emptiness" feeling you brought up!
May 12, 2018 3:01 PM

Nov 2015
I was so distraught after binging the 1st season of Code Geass, I couldn't watch the 2nd season for a few months. When I finally did, the shock of how it ended hit me so hard I wasn't able to function for a few days after that.
Also Death Note tore me apart and left me to die alone. I have no words to describe what a fucking roller coaster that damn thing was. There's a reason it's at #1, and it's because it tears out your psyche and beats it up in front of you. That damn show traumatized me forever.
May 12, 2018 3:04 PM

Nov 2016
Many shows have left me empty including most of my favorites.

But there is this one exceptional show who left me empty for 3 months. But even after re-watching it after a year, I had been left empty again for another 3 months.
It's Clannad.
I still remember the first few days I spent after watching this show. I was in one another world that belonged only to me.
This show is the reason I still daydream till the day after it has been for three years since I first watched it.
May 12, 2018 3:27 PM
osmamthus wine

May 2014
The most prominent example I can think of is Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans. Afterwards I had to switch to light-hearted shows, and I've been avoiding shows that seems too sad, and I probably will for a while more.

May 12, 2018 3:33 PM

Oct 2015
There is only one anime that touched my heart strings, one show that made me feel emotional and the show that reminded me that I can care for other characters, and that is Ashita no Joe.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

May 12, 2018 3:37 PM

Sep 2016
EoE and Evangelion in general left me such hard emotions when I finished each episode, it didn't help that I was facing depression and I had 16 years old, but it also made me happy in a lot of moments like the anime ending, each time they defeated an Angel, etc. So yeah, you could imagine how I felt when Evangelion was over, all that sadness delayed my recovery

The other animes that made me feel sad when I finished them were Sailor Moon and Fucking Cowboy Bebop

EDIT : Oh, and who can forget Love Live the Movie, that shit made me shed some tears.
EvocationWizardMay 12, 2018 3:55 PM
May 12, 2018 3:37 PM
Jun 2013
Inuyasha, back when I was little. I couldn't accept the fact the series ended, I was literally crying almost every single night for a month after finishing. Bakuman also hit me really hard which was actually just a little over two years ago, cause everything about it grew so much on me. Also, even though I don't count it to my favorites, for some reason Noragami also hit me hard when I finished it.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 2 hours ago

16 by Vendicator »»
1 minute ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 5 hours ago

23 by Vendicator »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 6 hours ago

28 by Shirayukin »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 7 hours ago

8 by Vendicator »»
24 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

236 by StyxParadise »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.