Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2018 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was tense but I really do like how Aoi was able to handle the situtation though and worked with Suzuran. I think she and Suzuran are going to be good friends in this series (unless something changes?) It was kinda interesting to learn more about her brother and family. No wonder Suzuran's brother dislikes humans.

I personally liked the character chemistry between Shiro, Suzuran, and his brother until he left and later died. It put more emphasis on his character role in the show even though he isn't there anymore in the present timeline. And yum..dumplings!
Stark700Apr 30, 2018 8:05 AM
Apr 30, 2018 8:02 AM

Apr 2016
If there is one thing this show is bad at, then it definitely is action scenes ... please no more. Also this anime already has critical lack of females dont make it even less lol, but the parting scenes were nice even the ED was different.

And she is back, but now with cute follower xD
Apr 30, 2018 8:14 AM

Sep 2015
A tiny bit of disappointment in the quick pacing. Suzuran in human world, kappa scene and going back with Oni can be made into another episode.

For one they never explain why kappa being there at that moment alone. Actually all of the kappas left after Aoi stop feeding for some time, only the shy kappa stay behind waiting for Aoi. Which in the end follow Aoi to the hidden realm. As for both Suzuran and Oni scene actually have slightly longer scene in novel.

Anyway good job in duet ed song by the siblings.
valvravetruthApr 30, 2018 8:54 AM
Apr 30, 2018 8:27 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Looks like both Suzuran and Akatsuki enjoyed their time with Shiro despite the latter's refusal to admit it. It was cute seeing the normally brash Akatsuki take up dumpling making for the sake of his sister though. Its nice that Aoi's kindness has managed to change the opinions of everyone that she helped so far. While unexpected the pervert's attempt to take Suzuran back sure allowed Akatsuki to show determination to protect his sister. An interesting episode that expanded upon just not Akatsuki and Suzuran's characters but also that of Shiro as well. Loved the chemistry between Shiro, Suzuran and Akatsuki. Lovely ending theme by Suzuran and Akatsuki's seiyuu's.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2018 8:45 AM

Jun 2015
It was good to see Aoi take care of Suzuran and the brother. They have some good chemistry. Got to know how they met Shiro. He was pretty nice to them, but he suddenly had to leave, probably to take of Aoi. That action scene was quite bad. The visit to Shiro's grave was nice.
Apr 30, 2018 8:59 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was a very good episode. I really felt for the siblings, good backstory with Shiro.
Apr 30, 2018 9:50 AM

Dec 2016
Okay right so this girl isn't going to pay off her debt if she hasn't opened the shop yet. All she's been doing is buying things instead of selling them.

But the ending for this episode was really sweet.
modge
Apr 30, 2018 10:01 AM

Jan 2018
Its great that the connection between shiro and the siblings were cleared
Ending was good I'm not sure why oodanna is helping shiro
Apr 30, 2018 10:16 AM

Jan 2008
Wai, what exactly happend to Suzuran in the end? Was she the spider we saw or did she just dissapear back to the other realm?
Apr 30, 2018 5:16 PM

Sep 2015
Every episode they try to sell that Oni and Shiro as good and friendly guys with those fake stories when everybody know they are probably just Ayakashi Pimps by that time. Those Bastards.

Also that Shiro was already old when Aoi was not even alive, I really don't believe he died "so suddenly"
Apr 30, 2018 7:39 PM

Sep 2015
A little present for you guys not revealed/explained in this episode.

1) Suzuran & Aoi in the flying carriage. That rich boy actually wrote a love letter to Suzuran and flew up to the carriage at the end, Aoi got & read it found the content being stupid later throw away out the sky without passing to Suzuran. On the flying carriage Aoi saw 6 doors lead to different realm. There are human realm, hidden realm, underworld(Shiro here) and 3 more realms.

2) Why Suzuran leaving is a bit dramatic eventhou they can cross realm easily? Thats because door open in schedule, only the 8 lords guarding the land can give permission and ticket is expensive.

3) One way ticket. Oni didn’t give Aoi another ticket to come back to hidden realm, both Aoi and Oni have a thought process of not returning. So basically it took a little more time to sort out the feelings, unlike the quick pacing in this episode. And the stairs moment between them was actually much longer too. Seriously, I salute to studio for adapting this section in just the last 2 mints.

4) Why only the shy kappa? All kappas left after Aoi stop feeding them, except the shy kappa stayed behind waiting for Aoi.
Apr 30, 2018 9:02 PM

Dec 2014
I kinda liked the grandfather now... I think I undestand him better now... Aoi is sure strong
Apr 30, 2018 10:20 PM
Mar 2017
valvravetruth said:
A little present for you guys not revealed/explained in this episode.

1) Suzuran & Aoi in the flying carriage. That rich boy actually wrote a love letter to Suzuran and flew up to the carriage at the end, Aoi got & read it found the content being stupid later throw away out the sky without passing to Suzuran. On the flying carriage Aoi saw 6 doors lead to different realm. There are human realm, hidden realm, underworld(Shiro here) and 3 more realms.

2) Why Suzuran leaving is a bit dramatic eventhou they can cross realm easily? Thats because door open in schedule, only the 8 lords guarding the land can give permission and ticket is expensive.

3) One way ticket. Oni didn’t give Aoi another ticket to come back to hidden realm, both Aoi and Oni have a thought process of not returning. So basically it took a little more time to sort out the feelings, unlike the quick pacing in this episode. And the stairs moment between them was actually much longer too. Seriously, I salute to studio for adapting this section in just the last 2 mints.

4) Why only the shy kappa? All kappas left after Aoi stop feeding them, except the shy kappa stayed behind waiting for Aoi.

do you have the summary of the light novels?
Apr 30, 2018 10:30 PM

Apr 2015
Loved the episode, loved the ED, loved everything about it. I feel like the animation is getting better, too? Did they get a bigger budget?
Tbh although they did cut down a few scenes, I think it was a great episode.
May 1, 2018 12:20 AM

Apr 2016
Pretty good episode actually. I enjoyed learning more about the past of the characters. It's a bit of an emotional episode. I feel like this tells a good story, but sometimes I feel like it's kind of boring.

It's cool that Shiro taught Aoi how to make food that Ayakashi would like. Still feel like there is something very off about Shiro that we're not being told yet though.
[
May 1, 2018 2:03 AM
Jul 2018
It's nice to hear about Suzurans backstory, very emotional!

I wonder when Aoi is going to open up that restaurant though, seems like she's just using it to cook food for people for free, she forget she has a debt?
May 1, 2018 4:22 AM

Jul 2015
Oh, things got pretty intense there for a second, but they made it back to earth safe and sound. On one hand, this anime really is growing on me, I'm finding each episode more and more enjoyable, but on the other hand... she ain't ever gonna pay off that debt is she. Well this anime is like 24 episodes long so she got time.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 1, 2018 5:18 AM
Aug 2016
TheUniqueReaper said:
Wai, what exactly happend to Suzuran in the end? Was she the spider we saw or did she just dissapear back to the other realm?

In the anime, after Suzuran disappears, a normal looking spider is seen hanging on the tree, after Aoi left the graveyard.

In the light novel, there is more details. Aoi ask Suzuran how is she going to stay in the human world as human beings fear yokai. Suzuran says she will transform into a small spider and she did, in front of Aoi.
May 1, 2018 6:06 AM

Oct 2008
So hey, i think this is problem solved since Tsubaki is now back to the real world...but seems like she'll keep her promise to Oodanna.
Come to think of it brother and sister Suzuran & Akatsuki are voiced by actual bro and sis uchida maaya & uchida yuuma!
4/5.

May 1, 2018 8:43 AM
Jul 2016
i was genuinely worried about the kappa thing, i'm glad aoi took it with her
May 1, 2018 10:40 PM

Mar 2009
I'm happy for the little kappa dude.
May 2, 2018 1:59 AM

Jan 2016
Loved the episode, that little kappa is so adorable. Glad that she decided to take him with her
May 2, 2018 1:59 AM

Jan 2016
Loved the episode, that little kappa is so adorable. Glad that she decided to take him with her

But most of all the episode told a good story
May 2, 2018 6:14 AM
Jan 2018
I LOOOVVEEEEE the Kappa... 😍😍😍
I even take a screenshot and use it as my wallpaper... Beautiful ending & cute Kappa, id like to give 100 score... 😍😍😍
May 2, 2018 4:31 PM

Dec 2016
Too... much... cuteness *o* Can't stand seeing that cute face of baby Kappa <3 kawaii!

It was nice to know more about Aoi's grandfather past :) Shiro was a nice person, giving young ayakashi siblings a home. I enjoyed this episode ^^

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
May 5, 2018 8:58 AM
Dec 2017
A very pleasing episode.. Now, it makes me want to read the light novel
May 5, 2018 3:45 PM
May 2018
I was wondering if the anime has a manga ? or merely a light novel ? and does anyone know the link ? thx 😊
May 16, 2018 2:05 PM

Jul 2009
I was not expecting Aoi to go back so soon....and now she will take the cute kappa with her to underworld!
May 16, 2018 4:40 PM
Aug 2015
rafaelhwk said:
Still feel like there is something very off about Shiro that we're not being told yet though.

I like that inscrutability about him. It makes him more real to me.
May 16, 2019 8:12 PM

Oct 2012
Wow... this was a great episode... that ED and post credits scene !!!!
Aug 16, 2022 1:19 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Despite it being very spidery, I like that Suzuran got to see the grave of MC's grandfather. I'm unsure what happened to her when she poofed all of a sudden but she seems fun. I hope the Kappa has a good time in the other realm.
Oct 29, 2022 2:02 AM
Aug 2022
I really like Akatsuki and now I ship him with Aoi but I know that they are not going to end up together so Im just looking forward for for more of their interactions. Kinda wish that he was the second lead but sadly its not that type of anime. Aoi`s and Akatsuki`s relationship kinda remindes me of Kyo and Tohru from Fruits Basket, they have good chemistry, I would even say that better than Aoi have with Oni. Aoi`s and Oni`s relationship seems kinda forced so its hard to enjoy. Aoi and Akatsuki have some things in common so their ship would make sense

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2018

61 by Forum »»
Feb 23, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi Episode 15 Discussion

Ittan_Momen - Aug 17, 2018

5 by Forum »»
Feb 20, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2018

101 by MiniMoose-kun »»
Feb 9, 9:18 PM

Poll: » Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2018

48 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Jan 5, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi Episode 10 Discussion

ibraheem234 - Aug 25, 2018

4 by SuperAdventure »»
Oct 16, 2023 5:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.