Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 28, 2018 7:00 AM
Sep 2017
Awesome........!!!!! that ending scene i got goosebumps...!!!!
Apr 28, 2018 7:01 AM

Dec 2013
GEEZ BONES, I LOVE YOU!!

what a great way to animate this fight, I was so pumped. Even knowing what would happen did not stop me from getting hyped so much. Deku about to give up getting back at Muscular was amazing!!!

I'm so in love with this series haha
Apr 28, 2018 7:05 AM
Jul 2018
Such an amazing fight, I was actually wondering how the heck Deku was going to get out of this encounter, I thought someone was going to show up to help him, but no, he fought his way out!
Apr 28, 2018 7:16 AM
Sep 2014
GUYS WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THE EPISODE!!!. I liked muscular voice actor.I think it was pretty well adapted (I've read the manga) so I think they did a really good job. Muscular vs Midoryia was quite epic. I think the episode was pretty well done.
Apr 28, 2018 7:18 AM

Dec 2011
The soundtrack of this episode is just pure awesomeness.
What an amazing episode this was especially the 2nd half of the episode and even got me quite teary.
Apr 28, 2018 7:24 AM
Jun 2017
What an awesome episode, but i'm really confused about the whole 1 million percent thing (yes, i 've read the supplementary info from the author "explaining" this)
my real question is, how much does he actually go to? (in terms of percentage)
Apr 28, 2018 7:26 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Glad they did it in just a span of like 15 minutes expanding it more until next episode would kill the excitement, it was the best in the series until the Internship Arc.

Shoaib_Adnan said:
What an awesome episode, but i'm really confused about the whole 1 million percent thing (yes, i 've read the supplementary info from the author "explaining" this)

This improves his maximum output that his body can handle to 8 percent so I think that's the range.
AntagonizedApr 28, 2018 7:33 AM
Apr 28, 2018 7:27 AM
Jan 2016
just one word to describe it: Holy Shit episode man, all the feeling inside me were overflowing
Best episode so far in this season but probably more epicness coming on the next episodes.

Here is the question: why that muscle guy was looking for Kachhan? and he kinda looks similar to him(probably his dad or brother).
Apr 28, 2018 7:34 AM
Jan 2017
It was a great idea to have an episode mostly focused on this Deku v Muscular.
Apr 28, 2018 7:36 AM
Aug 2017
Really loved this episode. Felt great to watch one of my favorite moments from my hero academia manga. The voice over and the music just made the moment more exciting. More action is on the way in this season people. Be ready for that.
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
TouchYou said:
just one word to describe it: Holy Shit episode man, all the feeling inside me were overflowing
Best episode so far in this season but probably more epicness coming on the next episodes.

Here is the question: why that muscle guy was looking for Kachhan? and he kinda looks similar to him(probably his dad or brother).

Oct 2015
It wasn't bad but I feel they could have done much more. I could tell from the preview the animation wasn't going to be amazing but I was hoping in the fight it would spike, which it did but only sparingly. Ultimately the fight felt a little Studio Pierrot-generic. Should have switched key animators with last week's episode. Still liked it though, so I'm not too disappointed. This was just my high expectations I guess. Looking forward to All Might though. Hopefully Yutaka Nakamura takes over for that.
Apr 28, 2018 7:38 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
MY HEART WAS BEATING SO FAST. MY NAILS WERE DIGGING INTO MY THIGHS. FUCKING DETROIT 1,000,000% SMASH.

PACING WAS ON POINT. I almost felt the leap of 3/chapters an episode this time was jam packed and AMAZING. Oh god. I'm not over it. I hadn't read the chapters in so long it made me feel so exhilarated. BONES DID IT YALL.

SanOro said:
for anyone confused about the 1 million thingy here's the author's comment about it

Thank god someone was able to post this in the front. I didn't want anyone getting their panties in a twist over this.
Apr 28, 2018 7:40 AM
Jan 2016
Antagonized said:
TouchYou said:

Thanks for your explanation.
Apr 28, 2018 7:41 AM

Jul 2013
Wow, I didn't expected we would have one of the best fights of the series so early in the season. I'm positvely surprised. The visuals for this fight were completely spectacular, loved how detailed Muscular's quirk was portrayed. Boku no Hero is indeed lucky of having been adapted by Bones.

Deku fight aisde, I hope Aizawa is okay.
The lizard Stain wannabe is an amusing fellow.
Apr 28, 2018 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
OH MY GOD WHAT AN EPISODE!!!!! Dude that Midoriya fight had me going CRAZY!!!! So good.

Oh shit whose hand was that in the forest when Bakugo and Todoroki came across that dude in the forest! Tokoyami??? Shouji?? Oh man next week can't come any faster!

I'm also super happy Classes A and B are working together
SoraSenpaiApr 28, 2018 8:04 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I think the reason why I don't find this fight to be as intense or engrossing as something like Todoroki vs. Midoriya is because I have no care about the antagonist whatsoever. Even Stain had something special to him. Kinda like the Nomu fight, this is one of those fights that exist to show how overwhelming the good guys can be, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Still a hype episode with solid production values.

5/5
May 2017
that was amazing, the manga couldn't compare in my opinion
Apr 28, 2018 7:57 AM
Jun 2015
it gets better and better. but i didnt like the attack of 10000%. they should have stopped at 100%. I fear in future they would just make fight with some random power-up number say 200000000%. Also fearing that it would turn into an anime like one punch man.
Apr 28, 2018 8:01 AM

Jun 2017
This episode made me a little emotional lmao
Apr 28, 2018 8:03 AM

Apr 2013
auto 11/10 oh man, idk why im shaking by watching this episode, and then some chill sensation coming thru :'"
Apr 28, 2018 8:05 AM
Jul 2017
JudoJD said:
I know people only care about fighting in anime so they'll love this but mahn the writing in this anime is so stupid.
I get that BNHA is one of those series where no-one's allowed to have an honest opinion besides "OMG. BesTeST" so label me a hater or whatever.
(God knows I'm the easiest to please when it comes to anime but this was just kinda insulting)

The gas immediately became a non-issue with people who had to hold their breath having all the time to talk.
A villain who could take down 2 professional heroes loses to some kid due to the power of plot.

Oh right...the muscle villain : "Let me just conveniently be the one to walk into the kid whose parents I killed and decide to take off the mask I've been wearing for no reason so he can recognize me after a random ID reveal because plot"

Of course the villains don't kill anyone they openly have a chance to...surprising XD

And lol.. There's legit no sense of tension in this thing as hard as it tries to take itself seriously.... You know with all the threats in the world the person in danger will totally be safe by the end

What's that? Oh no... Muscle guy is gonna kill the kid....will noone make it in time??
(heroic trumpets)...Here comes Deku to save the day at the last moment (cough...just like the Stain arc..cough)

Oh yah... So Deku says he knows where the kid is and told no-one / the people worried about the kid didn't ask after the dude said he knew where he was
(then wow...of course the phone breaks this time XD)

and there's no telling anyone One for All isn't total BS right now... I get that whole idea of Deku being unable to use 100% was to cause some plot reasons to power up as an excuse to show the MC's "growth" but lol...couldn't help but laugh when Deku said "One million percent" ..geez. ..XD

(I won't even get started on how dumb that kid disrupting the fight was)

The animation was great though (as stupid as what was going on in them is)
..hats off to the animators mahn.
Also the voice acting for both the Japanese dub and English dub was spot on.

I straight up have the worst taste in anime and even I couldn't take all that nonsense in one ep like mahn..the more MHA progresses the more I wonder why I liked it so much.

Look.. I know we're all supposed to say everything about MHA is perfect and it's the greatest anime since sliced bread became a thing so I won't be surprised by the insults from fanboys coming my way.. Someone had to say it . Sorry .
Hope the writing improves. This was horrible.
I totally agree this is pretty overrated at the moment but again we only care about fights so no surprise if everyone feels the episode was pure greatness.
muscular was pretty much a madman so i think it's natural for him to not think far ahead,since he does say himself he just wants to fight.and his 1000000% was pretty much the same as All Might's adrenaline rush Punch back in season 1,although unlike All Might he has to face the consequences of breaking his body,you'll see that later
Apr 28, 2018 8:08 AM
Jul 2017
Ichigo_1990 said:
i found it weird how todoroki was talking normally to bakugo without being affected by the gas. is he immune to it or something
the gas has an area,they're outside of the danger range.so it's not quite effective
398288Apr 28, 2018 8:26 AM
Apr 28, 2018 8:10 AM

May 2010
Jesus christ I was sitting there thinking "season 3 kind of started on a low point, then again there's already some action". I didn't expect this bombshell of an episode.
Apr 28, 2018 8:10 AM

Apr 2014
Not gonna lie, I almost teared up on this episode. The OST delivered the shots in this episode spot on.
Apr 28, 2018 8:11 AM

Mar 2015
This is how you write a tight, action packed episode. Honestly, I'm still speechless. Great adaptation.
Apr 28, 2018 8:16 AM

Mar 2016
Finally a really good episode... About time!

My only problem is with the ending. Like, for real? 1.000.000%? I know Deku is supposed to became more powerful than All Might, but like, he only has his powers for so little time that this kinda feel like an asspull...

9.5/10
azertz99May 2, 2018 7:17 AM
Apr 28, 2018 8:22 AM

Jul 2012
Fucking hell that was the most epic thing i have ever seen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2018 8:24 AM

Nov 2015
MoonStar9 said:
It wasn't bad but I feel they could have done much more. I could tell from the preview the animation wasn't going to be amazing but I was hoping in the fight it would spike, which it did but only sparingly. Ultimately the fight felt a little Studio Pierrot-generic. Should have switched key animators with last week's episode. Still liked it though, so I'm not too disappointed. This was just my high expectations I guess. Looking forward to All Might though. Hopefully Yutaka Nakamura takes over for that.

nakamaru is only one animator he can't animate every important fight. even some fights in FMA:B did'nt look that great. example
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Apr 28, 2018 8:27 AM
Jan 2015
An epic and emotional episode. I loved the manga version of this battle but the animated version was defintly more connective for me. I havent cried like this in a while. 11/10
Apr 28, 2018 8:28 AM

Sep 2017
That was a pretty powerful scene. I was gonna say something about the 1,000,000% thing, but it seems the comments already have me covered in that regard.
Apr 28, 2018 8:28 AM

Nov 2013
This episode just OMG
I can’t wait to see everyone else’s fights, and how bad the damage is for DEKU AND WHEN KOTA TRIED USING HIS QUIRK OH MY GOSH MY HEART I'M DONE

Mama’s so proud
Apr 28, 2018 8:31 AM
Nov 2017
MINDBLOWING EPISODE
Apr 28, 2018 8:34 AM

Sep 2014
Something's really of for me in this episode...
Apr 28, 2018 8:35 AM

Dec 2015
Lmao, Monoma just doesn't give up, does he? xDDDDD Also, Tetsutetsu sounds so different when he's not shouting at the top of his lungs!

That was fucking amazing. I really thought for a second that Midoriya was gonna lose, fall fighting like a true badass, but he made it! He (hopefully) defeat that fucker!! But I don't wanna think the amount of damage his hand must've taken from using so much of his quirk.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 28, 2018 8:41 AM

Jan 2014
JudoJD said:

I straight up have the worst taste in anime

this sums up your post lol
Apr 28, 2018 8:45 AM
Apr 2016
Really nice episode, the build-up from the fight was amazing, but the final hit was a bit underwhelming imo. His first 100% smash (15min in the episode) made half mountain tremble and then his last hit barely punshes the guy in the wall. Should have been more like the kick Luffy made in his Fishman Island entrance
Apr 28, 2018 8:46 AM

Sep 2017
OMG! This episode got me like a truck. In my opinion it was one- no the best episode so far.

Oct 2017
NICE! Studio Bones does it again! A studio that gives justice to the manga.

Liked the music during the fight.
Jun 2017
Antagonized said:
Glad they did it in just a span of like 15 minutes expanding it more until next episode would kill the excitement, it was the best in the series until the Internship Arc.

Shoaib_Adnan said:

This improves his maximum output that his body can handle to 8 percent so I think that's the range.

Will this be explained in the anime later on?
Apr 28, 2018 8:47 AM

Jan 2014
phoenix046 said:

You literally stole my words. This needs to be put up somewhere for everyone to see. MHA fights have amazing animation but the story is just so predictable and shounen-ish that it sucks. I mean I just can't get serious when I'm 99% sure no one's going to die and everyone will mostly heal. I was expecting Deku's arm to be blown off or something with that stunt but naah. When Aizawa's wounds completely healed in season 1-2 I knew nothing bad can happen here.

his wounds didn't completely heal so....
Apr 28, 2018 8:48 AM

Jan 2014
NEETazertyY said:
Finally a really good episode... About time!

My only problem is with the ending. Like, for real? 1.000.000%? I know Deku is supposed to became more powerful than All Might, but like, he only has his powers for so little time that this kinda feel like an asspull...

8.5/10
check the first page to answer you on this
Apr 28, 2018 8:49 AM

Jun 2015
This has got to be the best episode so far for this season and maybe the entirety of this series. Deku doing his damndest to save Kota was absolutely hype-inducing. His 1,000,000% Delaware, Detroit Smash was insane. Deku’s “I’m sorry Mom” was absolutely heartbreaking, though. You could feel the dread and pain when he was apologizing to his mom. The animation during that fight was awesome. Can't wait to see more! Plus Ultra!
Apr 28, 2018 8:56 AM
Jul 2015
THE HELL ! THIS EPISODE WAS SO QUICK FOR ME.. MY GIRL HIMIKO IS NOT SHOWING TOO (EVEN THOUGH I GOT CHILL ON MY SPINE WHEN WATCHING THE LAST CLASH IN THIS ONE EPS) ... #MyHero
Apr 28, 2018 8:57 AM
Mar 2015
Deku did a great job of showing Kota what a hero is
Apr 28, 2018 8:58 AM

Aug 2012
That was an emotional solid episode.

5/5
Apr 28, 2018 9:00 AM

May 2015
@JudoJD "People only like this episode for this reason. How do I know? Because I said so." No one is forcing you to watch the show. Just drop it.

Dec 2015
I've gotta say, I always thouht BNH to be a good anime but that was it. But man, that episode was incredibly great. If they keep that quality, it might deserve the praise it gets
May 2016
I was litteraly crying the whole fight holy shit this episode is SICK
Apr 28, 2018 9:01 AM

Sep 2016
Holy shit, the pacing was DONE RIGHT, so far the best fight in the entire anime. Im digging the design of Muscular and the spinner lizard and despite being simple minded they're more interesting than the other edgy losers.

My only problem, is that the 1 Million percent One for All was a convenient power up and that Kota turning, hero? felt rushed and that the whole plot feels like the Villain incident at UA back in Season 1.

If a manga reader reads my comment, are they looking for Bakugo because he can be molded into a villain?

4/5, the best chapter on this season so far, we need more fights like this minus the conveniences
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Old_School_Akira - Aug 8, 2018

53 by jumbosan »»
38 minutes ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Aug 8, 2018

122 by jumbosan »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

51 by Vindicater »»
Apr 20, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

43 by Vindicater »»
Apr 17, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

169 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 3:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.