Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 25, 2018 7:29 PM
Jan 2018
I'm sorry, to people who have read the manga and to the people that (for some reason) actually did liked the anime (at least the 1st season) but I couldn't take it anymore I dropped this after watching the 4th Episode because I really do not want to see one of my favorite series get bastardized even further, this show so far has pretty bad for me and it pales in comparison to the manga in every way possible (Seriously, Parasyte, My Hero Academia, Full Metal Alchemist and hell even Citrus are better adaptations and better shows than this). The only good thing I can say is that the soundtrack by Yutaka Yamada is once again amazing as always.
So I wonder if anyone has dropped this show and move on to better things?
MasterAdventZeroApr 25, 2018 9:24 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 25, 2018 7:59 PM

May 2016
No why would you? Its great... I enjoy it...
Apr 25, 2018 8:06 PM

May 2016
Also "pales in comparison to the Manga"? Have you read the Manga? Its as faithful an adaptation as you can get... another thing, "bastardize your Quote on Quote, """FAVORITE""" series... please, if it were your favorite series you'd know its a faithful adaptation of the Manga and you wouldn't drop it, you enjoy it regardless of how bad it is... At least :re is following its source material unlike Root A and I loved Root A. As someone who read the Manga for Tokyo Ghoul and is currently reading :re I don't have a problem if the Anime deviates from its source material. You clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about.
Apr 25, 2018 8:16 PM
Apr 2018
Both are good. I don't know why some people don't like it.
Apr 25, 2018 9:05 PM

Oct 2017
Nope, its flawed and all but still enjoyable. Considered dropping the manga though
Apr 26, 2018 2:11 AM
Aug 2012
Average at best. The manga is just a ton better.
Apr 26, 2018 2:45 AM

Feb 2018
Yeah, I was expecting high from tokyo ghoul:re. I didn't read the manga. But after 4 episodes, it looks meh to me. Even Root A was better than this, in my opinion.
6.5/10
Apr 26, 2018 2:54 AM

Oct 2015
Not until they announced season 2 and adapt the smashing of the rabbit hole

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Apr 26, 2018 3:55 AM
Aug 2017
Aardwolf94 said:
Nope, its flawed and all but still enjoyable. Considered dropping the manga though

Just drop it already. You have been considered for several months now.
Apr 26, 2018 4:01 AM

Dec 2013
while I do agree that it isn't the best adaptation, I wouldn't complain since I watched that shit for free
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Apr 26, 2018 4:04 AM

Apr 2017
i mean after seeing root a, who even had their hopes up?

just probably get through it, i guess. just be thankful there is another adaptation, although u think it is garbage

still life: pink roses
Apr 26, 2018 5:10 AM
Nov 2013
MasterAdventZero said:
and it pales in comparison to the manga in every way possible (Seriously, Parasyte, My Hero Academia, Full Metal Alchemist and hell even Citrus are better adaptations and better shows than this).

You make it sound like Parasyte and MHA are terrible adaptions/shows? They were both good adaptions, they work.

Dunno about the other two, but those two are great so I don't understand the condescending comparison. Or you just wrote it terribly in anger or something.

That being said, I like it for what it is. I'm not one of those freaks that nitpicks everything and starts comparing it to the manga. It's just ''fine''. Far from perfect, but if I enjoy it, it's enough for me.
Apr 26, 2018 5:20 AM

Nov 2016
The anime is sadly not the best adaptation of the manga, but I will see how this is going to end.
Apr 26, 2018 9:35 AM
Dec 2016
Cypress- said:
Also "pales in comparison to the Manga"? Have you read the Manga? Its as faithful an adaptation as you can get... another thing, "bastardize your Quote on Quote, """FAVORITE""" series... please, if it were your favorite series you'd know its a faithful adaptation of the Manga and you wouldn't drop it, you enjoy it regardless of how bad it is... At least :re is following its source material unlike Root A and I loved Root A. As someone who read the Manga for Tokyo Ghoul and is currently reading :re I don't have a problem if the Anime deviates from its source material. You clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I'm enjoying this season to a degree, but it is far from "as faithful an adaption as you can get". This thread wouldn't exist if that was the case.
Apr 26, 2018 10:14 AM

Oct 2017
Himawari9 said:
Aardwolf94 said:

Just drop it already. You have been considered for several months now.

I decided against it because its ending soon anyway. Already invested too much in that garbage, at this point I just want to know how Ishida resolves things.
Apr 26, 2018 12:23 PM
Jan 2018
Skennes said:
The anime is sadly not the best adaptation of the manga, but I will see how this is going to end.

Yeah, I know how it's gonna end as well....with the Tsukiyama Extermination Arc. Heck, the Opening outright spoiled everything
Apr 26, 2018 12:33 PM

Apr 2018
The god-awful animation makes me want to
Apr 26, 2018 5:18 PM

Mar 2016
Plot-wise it's an ok adaptation. I just wish the animation could be better, because the action scenes so far have been terrible.
Apr 26, 2018 5:35 PM
Jan 2018
-Lofn- said:

Dude, it's being aired on Japanese Television I doubt Studio Clown would "adapt" :re Chapter 125. Plus, I also doubt it be in an OVA or a Blu-Ray Only Scene
Apr 26, 2018 6:00 PM

Feb 2018
bruh theres only 4 episodes.

who the heck decides to drop an anime when theres only 4 episodes
Apr 26, 2018 8:37 PM
Jan 2018
Rabt said:

And yet, dropping a show after watching 3 episodes or before watching a show's final episode makes more logical sense. (Seriously though, who came up with that 3 episode rule it's dumb as shit).

Also, I can.....and just did
MasterAdventZeroApr 27, 2018 7:22 PM
Apr 26, 2018 9:08 PM

Apr 2018
Cypress- said:

"If it is was ur fav manga u would enjoy the adaptationregadless of how bad it is"tf is that logic
Apr 26, 2018 9:16 PM

Jun 2014
Nope.

Saiko makes it all worth it.
Apr 26, 2018 9:36 PM

Oct 2015
MasterAdventZero said:
-Lofn- said:

Dude, it's being aired on Japanese Television I doubt Studio Clown would "adapt" :re Chapter 125. Plus, I also doubt it be in an OVA or a Blu-Ray Only Scene
When you believe in the pussy, anything can happen.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Apr 26, 2018 11:48 PM

Apr 2018
sunako199 said:
i mean after seeing root a, who even had their hopes up?

just probably get through it, i guess. just be thankful there is another adaptation, although u think it is garbage

You're totally right, I was expecting nothing when they announce Tokyo Ghoul:re anime and my hopes was down af.
but when it came out and I watched 4 episodes my thought about this season changed completely.
tbh I am really enjoying this season as a manga reader. =")
s6OfficialApr 28, 2018 12:53 PM
Apr 27, 2018 7:09 AM

Feb 2018
MasterAdventZero said:
Rabt said:

And yet, dropping a show after watching 3 episodes or before watching a show's final episode makes more logical sense. (Seriously though, how came up with that 3 episode rule it's dumb as shit).

good 4 you, i cant imagine how hard it must be for you to watch anime with that tiny short interest span of yours
Apr 27, 2018 8:22 AM
Sep 2016
The reasons people try giving for accepting this has the words "We have learned to accept mediocrity" pounding on my head.
It hurts.

(well most people who like this are anime onlies who for some reason can't spot all those holes in the plot and character motives.. Legends I call them....but I can't judge.. I have the worst "taste" in anime XD)

Dropping? Eh.. I'ma keep watching cause I have tonnes of free time and I wanna see the extent to which they can keep destroying a good manga series. These guys deserve an award. You can feel them trying their best to make it bad. Call me a masochist if you will.
JudoJDApr 27, 2018 8:29 AM
1.1.Six
Apr 27, 2018 9:42 AM

Jan 2018
I've never dropped an anime but this is the first one I'm considering dropping. As an anime-only Tokyo Ghoul watcher, they've just completely lost me. It's not that I don't understand the plot intellectually, but I just feel completely emotionally disconnected. On top of that, the production value is rather low as well. I think I will only stick with it for completionist reasons.
Apr 27, 2018 9:44 AM
Apr 2018
I won't drop it. Though it doesn't meet my expectations -_-

I was so hyped up when the 1st episode actually came out. But after watching the 3 episodes, I kinda feel disappointed.

I don't read action mangas (since seeing action scenes playing out is freaking better than reading it lol) so I didn't read the manga version of the anime, and now I don't really understand what's happening in the new episodes meh... Tokyo Ghoul is one of my top 10 favs, with all the gory scenes and dark vibe. So yeah, I don't really like this new season but I won't drop it.
Apr 27, 2018 7:33 PM
Jan 2018
Rabt said:
MasterAdventZero said:

And yet, dropping a show after watching 3 episodes or before watching a show's final episode makes more logical sense. (Seriously though, how came up with that 3 episode rule it's dumb as shit).

good 4 you, i cant imagine how hard it must be for you to watch anime with that tiny short interest span of yours

EY!!! No need to rude
Apr 27, 2018 7:40 PM
Jan 2018
ThomVD said:
I've never dropped an anime but this is the first one I'm considering dropping. As an anime-only Tokyo Ghoul watcher, they've just completely lost me. It's not that I don't understand the plot intellectually, but I just feel completely emotionally disconnected. On top of that, the production value is rather low as well. I think I will only stick with it for completionist reasons.

Alright, then afterwords. Might I recommend reading the manga, even if you don't like reading in general still check it out
Apr 27, 2018 7:46 PM
Jan 2018
K-ings said:
I won't drop it. Though it doesn't meet my expectations -_-

I was so hyped up when the 1st episode actually came out. But after watching the 3 episodes, I kinda feel disappointed.

I don't read action mangas (since seeing action scenes playing out is freaking better than reading it lol) so I didn't read the manga version of the anime, and now I don't really understand what's happening in the new episodes meh... Tokyo Ghoul is one of my top 10 favs, with all the gory scenes and dark vibe. So yeah, I don't really like this new season but I won't drop it.

Tokyo Ghoul is more than just a dark vibe and gore (although, Berserk has way more gore than this) it more of a sort of character driven series where a character's words, choices and actions decides their individual fates. And yeah, while the manga does have action in there it's not really the main focus.
At least, that's what I got from reading the series.
Apr 28, 2018 3:59 AM

Feb 2016
I dropped this after watching the 3rd Episode. I feel the same as you. It made my eyes bleed.
Apr 28, 2018 6:37 AM

Dec 2015
The only reason why I didn't droped already is because I want to be sure this will suck from beggining to end. But this is by far one of the worst anime of this season and it has become even worst than the second season.
Apr 28, 2018 6:46 AM

Feb 2013
I always enjoyed the anime of Tokyo Ghoul a lot more than the manga.
The story is good and all but too much dialogue for my taste, the anime has a better pace if you ask me, even if they skip some stuff.
Apr 28, 2018 7:20 AM
Jul 2018
I am just watching this to kill time tbh.
Apr 28, 2018 7:47 AM

Feb 2018
I am a manga reader and so far I enjoy this season. It mostly follows the manga (they cut off few scenes, but they also expanded some like the clowns introduction), but it is rushed because the studio perriot wants to get to the fight scenes whitch they did with root a. But still I can' t wait to see the fight between Kaneki and Arima.
Typical slav weeb who is hunting down normies on discord
Apr 28, 2018 8:47 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Rabt said:

People drop movies. This isn't shocking.
Apr 28, 2018 3:57 PM
Jan 2018
Miden_ said:
I dropped this after watching the 3rd Episode. I feel the same as you. It made my eyes bleed.

Yeah, btw there's a live action movie and (in my opinion anyway) it's pretty good and it's better than the anime.
Apr 28, 2018 4:01 PM

Mar 2015
Tokyo Ghoul is my guilty pleasure, so no.
woah there
Apr 28, 2018 4:02 PM
Jan 2018
Ulquiorra said:
I always enjoyed the anime of Tokyo Ghoul a lot more than the manga.
The story is good and all but too much dialogue for my taste, the anime has a better pace if you ask me, even if they skip some stuff.

Let me play you a song from the world's smallest violin.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2012/12/tiniest_violin.gif
Apr 28, 2018 4:03 PM

Apr 2018
I started Tokyo Ghoul before :re and up to season 2 nothing really happened. The main character didnt change gradually overtime but a quick and big change. And now for season 3 he changed even more, hes not the same person, not even physically. I dont even know what to think of this anime. About to consider dropping.
Apr 28, 2018 4:05 PM

Mar 2018
No most people won't drop it as it is a sequel for which they have been waiting for and the tokyo ghoul franchise is really good why would anyone drop it?
Apr 28, 2018 4:42 PM

Feb 2016
Go read the manga, Pierrot is just raping the dead horse that they like to call "Tokyo Ghoul Anime".
I am the bone of my sword.
My blood is Iron, and my heart is glass.
I have overcome countless battlefields.
Unaware of beginning,
Nor aware of the end.
The orphan is alone again, Striking diamond dust on a hill of swords.
Yet, my flame never ends.
My whole body was still "Unlimited Blade Works".

-Emiya Shirou
Apr 28, 2018 4:43 PM
Jan 2018
KlTE said:
I started Tokyo Ghoul before :re and up to season 2 nothing really happened. The main character didnt change gradually overtime but a quick and big change. And now for season 3 he changed even more, hes not the same person, not even physically. I dont even know what to think of this anime. About to consider dropping.

Consider checking the manga because...
1. What happens after Kaneki's torture is better than Season 2 (Shitstain of a season)
& 2. Everything is explained......EVERYTHING
Apr 28, 2018 4:44 PM

Feb 2016
Enkoif said:
Much better than most of the animes this season. Sutdio Pierrot is actually doing a great job this time. Nice pacing, good soundtracks, voice actors, animation etc...

I mean, the ost/voice acting are indeed really good, but in my humble opinion the pacing is pretty hit or miss and the animation is god awful, most of the fight scenes are just moving stills, it's terrible.
I am the bone of my sword.
My blood is Iron, and my heart is glass.
I have overcome countless battlefields.
Unaware of beginning,
Nor aware of the end.
The orphan is alone again, Striking diamond dust on a hill of swords.
Yet, my flame never ends.
My whole body was still "Unlimited Blade Works".

-Emiya Shirou
Apr 28, 2018 4:44 PM
Jan 2018
wupero-chan said:
No most people won't drop it as it is a sequel for which they have been waiting for and the tokyo ghoul franchise is really good why would anyone drop it?

Well, y'all should be ABSOLUTELY careful about you wish for.
Apr 28, 2018 8:22 PM

Oct 2017
Drop this show? Why? I watch this for free and i have a lot of free time, so? Why have to drop this? It's not bad as boku no pico and school days. Right?
Hey you, yes you! Interested to be a decent human being? Then go outside and get a fucking life.
Apr 28, 2018 11:05 PM
Jan 2018
EvilDevilJEF said:
Drop this show? Why? I watch this for free and i have a lot of free time, so? Why have to drop this? It's not bad as boku no pico and school days. Right?

TG Seasons 1, 2 & 3 is not as bad as Boku no Pico but it's up there
Apr 29, 2018 6:54 AM

Mar 2018
MasterAdventZero said:
wupero-chan said:

Well, y'all should be ABSOLUTELY careful about you wish for.

what do you mean..?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

95 by F0xFae »»
Mar 30, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2018

194 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

416 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

172 by CaravanRiot »»
Mar 16, 9:41 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul: re 1st season is underrated

Ryuu_Mayo - Feb 3

12 by KayKimii »»
Feb 3, 1:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.