Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 28, 2018 2:47 AM

Jun 2017
Interesting. I really want to know how this is going to continue. I liked this episode, but I really disliked the fanservice. I don't like fanservice anyway, but it wasn't even done in a way I could easily ignore it. Maybe it's just me, but I want characters to look cool when they're fighting, not like that.
Apr 28, 2018 5:26 AM

Jul 2017
Very good episode. I love you, Ann Takamaki!
Hunter x Hunter. <3

Apr 28, 2018 6:44 AM

Sep 2015
I don't know if you can tell. But Anne Takamaki was my favorite character from Persona 5. And for an episode that focused on her heavily. I was pretty satisfied with this one. The anime's depiction of the cafe scene and Shiho's suicide were both really moving to me. And taken together made this the strongest episode yet. But as with the previous two episodes the series lost serious steam when it went inside the Metaverse.

For starters I can appreciate the anime will have rushed pacing, compared to the game. But to already find the Treasure Room seems absurdly fast to me. Especially since they found it before Anne even awakened. And speaking of which that scene felt a little too creepy and exploitative to me. With Kamoshida cutting her shirt open. We never needed that much creepiness to know he was an ass in the game. I forgave it though when we got to see her bouncing around with the broadsword. And spouting off cool catch phrases about roses and toys.

On a final note. The scene near the very end. Where Kamoshida flees from the vengeful Anne. And she chases after him but gets weak in the knees and falls on her butt? Super cute.
Apr 30, 2018 5:45 AM

Jan 2016
I'm actually pretty entertained thus far, but I'm sure that the games are a lot better, so I'm not sure whether to continue as an anime-only.

After all, that scene with Ann doing her pose was some... interesting animation.
May 1, 2018 3:53 AM

May 2016
Must admit it was boring the Neko is the only one who was great.
May 4, 2018 3:09 PM

Dec 2009
They went quickly through Ann's portion which sucks but that seems understandable since they are trying to run through a game in 24 episodes. She'll get more time later.

Steal your heart, phantom thieves are born.
May 7, 2018 4:05 AM

Feb 2018
A nice episode. This show is looking better and better.
May 13, 2018 11:35 PM

Aug 2017
This is the first episode with a good pacing. It's not great because they omitted the part of the codename. All-Out Attack was great! Akechi have many cameos. I think that could be make Shiho a little more interesting. They find the Treasure Room a bit fast!!

They explain the shadow world with the perfect words in this episode. 4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 7, 2019 9:56 PM

Mar 2015
Ann getting more involved in this one!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 20, 2020 3:23 AM
Jan 2011
I'm wondering just how many people realise (watching only the 1st 3 episodes and I didn't see anyone here saying anything when usually if that happens in an anime everyone is obviously worker up) that the reason Shiho tryed to commit suicide is because she was raped. Key moments:Ann confirmed Kamoshida wants her to come to his apartment and we all know why and what an assholes will do in such a situation. Later on, when they came to rescue her, around 16 minutes in, he "blames" Ann why Shiho tryed to kill herself saying (using the English subtitles) "You didn't give me what I wanted, so I had her take your place".
Psi18cJul 20, 2020 4:35 AM
Aug 1, 2020 10:32 AM

Jul 2015
Worst case Kamoshida dies? so no high stakes at all, let's continue the plan with no worries then! I'm not really impressed by the battle sequence so far.
Convenient only able to hear Morgana if you've been to the palace, handy for example when talking about secret stuff or cheating on tests or something.

Jun 27, 2022 5:47 AM

Jul 2017
Great episode! Nice to see the story progress so briskly. Now with Ann in tow, things can get started. I thought that this episode did a good job at showing how Ann feels isolated from Japanese society, much more so than the game did. And when the shadow Ann was cut in half, it felt very justified and like righting a wrong. My only complaint is how the show seemed overly sexual when Ann was awakening her persona, especially when you have all of this stuff showing how Kamoshida is a terrible creep!
Apr 19, 2023 4:36 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Poor Shiho once again, now Ann awakened her persona, time to steal Kamoshida's treasure
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2018

143 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 15, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2018

40 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2018

32 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 13 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

6 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 21, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

4 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 16, 5:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.