Forum Settings
Forums

Name some anime that have inspired you the most and why?

New
Apr 20, 2018 8:57 PM

Jul 2017
I've been reflecting on some anime like 'Sora yori mo Tooi Basho' and its really inspired me to make me try and really enjoy and live my youth as happily as possible.

What show inspired you the most and why?
Apr 20, 2018 9:09 PM

Jul 2017
KuuhakuDesu said:
Oh, hey, Gigguk.

Nice to see you here.

Yeah, I was inspired by his video to make this since I agreed one everything he said about that show. But genuinely, Sora yori did inspire me as a person :) .
Apr 20, 2018 9:12 PM

May 2017
animejas said:
I've been reflecting on some anime like 'Sora yori mo Tooi Basho' and its really inspired me to make me try and really enjoy and live my youth as happily as possible.

What show inspired you the most and why?

Probably Hunter x Hunter and maybe Assasination Classroom.

They were the two anime that made me get back to watching it.
I haven’t watched anime contiously like this since 5 years ago.
Apr 20, 2018 9:18 PM
May 2017
I'd have to say March Comes In Like A Lion. It did a REALLY accurate description of depression and gradually has me realize how sad I used to be.

I'd mostly gotten over my issues before the show started but the heartwarming moments and silently sad moments really gave me insight on how to deal with those dark moments we all have sometimes.
Apr 20, 2018 9:25 PM

Dec 2013
I wouldnt say it inspired me the most but Hajime no Ippo gave me that initial spark of interest in boxing. I was started working out and there was no boxing gym around me so i went to a muay thai one.

Syrup-
Trust me when I give you this profound answer:
It's shit.

Apr 20, 2018 9:48 PM
Jul 2018
I'm gonna have to go with either Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood or Assassination Classroom.

Not sure why at the moment (maybe I'll come back at a later point and answer properly), but there you have it. ^^;;
Apr 20, 2018 9:51 PM

May 2017
Tokyo Ghoul inspired me to become a half ghoul.
Just waiting on science to catch up with my dreams..
Apr 20, 2018 10:12 PM

Jun 2016
Fushigi Yuugi, it was one of the first animes i have ever watched.
The reason is clear, a normal girl who was like everyone else gets into another world and then with the courage given to her from her new comrades, little by little, she beings to being part of something much bigger than she could have ever imagined. She knows she has flaws so she feels insecure a lot of the times even if she does not show it, and with that she makes a lot of mistakes and stupid decisions too. But it's with that that the girl starts learning from what she does wrong and in the end, she turns into a really mature and understanding woman who went through a journey full of joy, love, despair, sadness, etc, and feels greatful for it.
Since i was younger until now i still take a lot of inspiration from that anime.

And i can say Hunter x Hunter too, after all it's my favorite anime and i can't not mention it.
There are a lot of inspiring things on it, but mostly i would say the friendship between Gon and Killua really made me being even more grateful for having my best friend, without her my life would be a lot worse than it already is.
Killua's also a character i would like to be more like, even going through a lot he's still pure and a great friend, protect this boy.
And lastly, the last Ging's quote, "You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.", really spoke a lot to me since i'm super afraid of my future until the point i forget to think about the present that is what i'm living right now.
Apr 20, 2018 10:18 PM

Apr 2016
Definitely has to be Persona 4. The whole concept of facing your true self, overcoming your inner shadows, it's derived from a subject I'm passionate about and it's very motivational.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2018 10:23 PM

Jan 2018
It's like breaking the ice, bit by bit. I don't know how to measure how much the inspiration value affect me and it doesn't have to be on my masterpiece rating to inspire me. I'll say the recent one is Accel World.
Apr 20, 2018 10:26 PM

Mar 2015
Gungrave makes me enjoy forensics (especially thanatology and ballistics) even if the series itself has no direct connection to the subject. Also, it makes me write a lot of fanfics that I can use to practice my English and writing skills.

Achievements I get after watching Gungrave on top of the many achievements I already have: scored A for English, won various fanfic awards from general forums at ffnet (Wattpad is my next target), and getting 9 out of 10 correct in forensics during the official national med exam tryout.
Loitering around FFnet and AO3

Apr 20, 2018 10:42 PM

Jun 2013
Here is my list

Clannad
TTGL
KLK
Naruto
DBZ

All of them say that : Life is not easy, enjoy what you have then set a goal and overcome obstacles
Apr 20, 2018 10:44 PM

Nov 2017
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood gave me a different perspective on anime than just the ecchi harem genres that I'm used to.
KevvBTWApr 20, 2018 11:42 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2018 10:59 PM
osmamthus wine

May 2014
KuuhakuDesu said:
Oh, hey, Gigguk.

Nice to see you here.

My thoughts exactly. "Gigguk? Is that you!?"

OT:

Yuri!!! on Ice actually sold me on the whole "You Only Live Once," the whole do what you want, be who you want, get out there, have some energy, and even if you suck, suck with grace. Especially when
Like, his awesomess (and my awesomeness) isn't defined by how good or bad at something we are. Our awesomeness is defined by who we are.

The other one would be Kuroshitsuji, weirdly enough. Even watching a little bit is enough for me to want to get off my hind and attend to my studies, dedicate myself to my work, and practice my art and my craft, all so one day I can be as elegant and as intelligent like Ciel (and, well, like The Count of Monte Cristo) (hopefully without the sad backstories in both cases). It really makes me want to chase after beauty.

Oh, and Space Brothers. You can't watch a show about a dude in his 30's chasing his childhood dream without being inspired.

Apr 21, 2018 12:21 AM

Jan 2017
Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!

This anime made me respect and value all those co-curricular activities i did in school.

Truly a hidden gem !!!
Apr 21, 2018 12:30 AM

Feb 2018
I guess someone has seen the new gigguk video aswell
Apr 21, 2018 6:29 AM

Jan 2010
eh, most shounen anime I love inspired me to continue finding my passion and do my best in life
Apr 21, 2018 6:31 AM

Jul 2015
All anime inspired me that life is shit and i should kill myself soon
Apr 21, 2018 6:35 AM

Oct 2015
Usually my self-esteem gets... let's say "positive", when I watch any anime, and when I watch school-life themed, I get more excited to do things, for example, Lucky Star.

But last week I watched 3 seasons of Love Live, and my self-esteem got so high, and I felt so great. That must be one of the reasons I loved so much LL. Not only the story, but the songs... Gosh, such a great anime.

Apr 21, 2018 6:36 AM
Oct 2017
avastar the last airbender inspired me to make anime
Apr 21, 2018 6:36 AM

Sep 2017
ReLIFE inspires me to keep cherishing the moment of my life. Once it's done, it's done. Always live to the fullest. Truly a realistic life lesson, at least for me.
Apr 21, 2018 6:39 AM

Aug 2015
i guess either haikyuu or kuroko no basket, they got me to play the sports.

not an anime but The Climber was quite inspirational for me
Apr 21, 2018 7:35 AM
Apr 2018
NHK ni Youkoso!. Real life is difficult and there are your friends helping you from your problems. There are so many obstacles that block your way, but you must struggle from that. Even your friends have their problem too, so don't only care yourself but others too (but care about yourself first, then others).

Well, it's really depressing to see how he always get stumped about his problem that he makes himself, but in the end, he realized what is he doing is wrong and wanted to be a better person. Only you can decide what do you want to do.
Apr 21, 2018 8:08 AM

Apr 2017
Probably Blood+. Only after this anime you'll really appreciate life. And Bakuman. It's just so motivating.
Apr 21, 2018 8:44 AM
Jun 2017
Pokemon inspired me to be and aim for the best. Unlike Ash.
Apr 21, 2018 9:11 AM

Sep 2017
Naruto. Lol. FML right? No.

It's actually quite more than that? I think. I mean, friends, family, and other philosophical concepts bought by the protagonists and antagonists. And that's what I love about naruto there's no such thing as "villains" or heroes.

And. All hail itachi
"people live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true... that is how they define reality. But what does it mean to be correct or true? Merely vague concepts... their reality may all be an illusion.”

"The universe was made, just to be seen by my eyes."
Apr 21, 2018 10:48 AM
Aug 2016
I guess that someone has watched a certain youtuber's video...
Apr 21, 2018 12:25 PM

Mar 2017
Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet has inspired me to be more carefree and happy.
Apr 22, 2018 9:20 PM

Oct 2015
Its a pretty easy one but Gurren Lagann always comes back to my mind, whenever im feeling down simply thinking about Simon's developpement and growth lits something in me thats forces me to not give up. (I know its kinda the whole point of the show but it does it MASTERFULLY)
Apr 22, 2018 11:38 PM

Dec 2013
At the time when I was watching it, haikyuu inspired me for like 2 days to actually try at life
That was years ago…I don't think I ever feel very inspired by anime, or anything. That sounds like it would be nice though :[
Apr 23, 2018 12:07 AM

Jan 2018
I think ones that inspired me were, 3-Gatsu no lion and Steins:Gate.

3-Gatsu no Lion - Although I don't have the same circumstances, at one point I felt how mc goes through everyday. It's sad, but how he improves in the series inspired me to self-better myself.

Steins:Gate - Well. Taught me to live in the moment and that if I were to ever have a time machine I could fuck alotta things up. This made me think differently before making decisions: make memories, not regret.

「 what comes after the rain? 」
add meanime listmanga list

Apr 23, 2018 12:15 AM

Aug 2017
AoT inspired me to understand that where ever you are, There is a far more worse place you could be in a far more harsh environment, So cherish what you have.
Apr 23, 2018 12:22 AM
Aug 2015
For me it would have to be the manga of Bakuman. I actually have only watched one episode of the anime. Every time I think about it inspires me to work on my writing. I find Haikyuu just inspiration overall and since I hate sports and have never bonded with most athletes i think the fact it touches me and is a motivator to me means even more. And Welcome to the NHK just made me feel less alone when struggling with mental illness.
Apr 23, 2018 12:23 AM

Apr 2016
silent_knight98 said:
Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!

This anime made me respect and value all those co-curricular activities i did in school.

Truly a hidden gem !!!

Omg, this, indeed

This also made me start to draw, take interest in drawing
Apr 23, 2018 2:42 AM

Jan 2018
Garden of words comes to mind, i also really loved Grizzly in Shirokuma, though i may sound silly to some, i was going through some hard times when i watched that show and just seeing how care-free and laid back he was made me realize that i should be more like that.
Apr 23, 2018 4:42 AM
Jul 2018
In my list, I made a tag that says "shows that are special to me" which includes anime such as:

+ Fairy Tail, Naruto and One Piece - these 3 are not really my favorites (I could see why) but they were the first few anime that got me into anime in general

+ Haruhi Suzumiya - the first anime that fully got me into the whole community, as well as introducing me to the world of otakus

+ Konosuba - that one anime that made me feel happier (also, Megumin and her explosions are da best)

+ The World God Only Knows - this series will probably be the only harem I will ever enjoy, as well as having an MC who is very relatable to me (plus he's my fav anime character ever)

+ Princess Tutu - I may not be into ballet and stuff, but the show made me feel great with its dark story, unique cast and its awesome classical pieces

+ My Hero Academia - that one shonen series that I will truly adore with its amazing quirks (no pun intended)

+ Baccano - one of the greatest and the most unique anime shows I've ever seen with an amazingly challenging plot filled with a huge yet memorable characters. I've never felt so much enjoyment when watching a show like Baccano. Plus it's a historical mystery anime filled with sweet jazz music. I am quite a sucker for something like those.
Apr 23, 2018 4:54 AM

Mar 2014
Probably Berserk. Guts as a character kind of forces you to be introspective. There's quotes and shit from shows like TTGL and KLK like "batshit crazy people made me who I am and I have to live up to that craziness" that I feel, but it's more something that describes me due to eve ts that already happened rather than a precipitating factor in my character development.
Apr 23, 2018 5:24 AM

Oct 2017
I'd say 3-gatsu no Lion, because the characters feels human more than any shows I've ever seen. It has accurate depiction of depression and tells us to deal with it.
Apr 23, 2018 6:36 AM

Apr 2018
Hibike! Euphonium for me. I guess seeing Kumiko develop as a person and seeing her realize her goals, dreams, and her passion for music made me reflect on the things that i've been doing
"it's a confession of love, after all."

:。・:*:・゚’★,。・:*:・゚’

Apr 23, 2018 6:47 AM

Jan 2013
Mainly sports anime make me wanna work my ass off. Like Slam Dunk, or Ashita no Joe
Apr 23, 2018 8:13 AM

Jul 2017
Himouto! Umaru-chan inspired me to make the most out of my day off by staying at home.
Apr 23, 2018 11:16 PM
Jan 2018
Yahari Ore no Seishun wa Machigatteiru. This anime gave me awareness, it taught me about human and the world. Yahari is very deep so I can't understand it althought I have watched it many times

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

21 by bucciest »»
6 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

40 by traed »»
17 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

131 by APolygons2 »»
22 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - 2 hours ago

1 by Serafos »»
36 minutes ago

» Describe an anime in a funny way.

NOTAGLOWIE - Mar 2, 2022

33 by AverageRiceFan »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.