Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2018 3:22 PM

Sep 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Touhou fans rejoice! The MAL staff has bestowed their mercy upon us so we can finally add this title on our lists and keep it on the on-hold list for god knows how long like with Summer Day's Dream.

I'll praise the people who made this, it looks and sounds great. The addition of Yonder Voice is also a plus. Now, as far as the story goes, I only have a general idea who Renko and Maribel are, as my knowledge of Touhou is based upon the games and the few manga with ZUN's name on them. Is there any source material for this, or is it original? Was ZUN involved in making of this doujin anime?

I'll cross my fingers we'll get to see Yuyuko's backstory in one of the episodes, as she (or rather her theme) is the reason I got interested in Touhou. Based on the doujins I've read with her in the main role, this should be great.
Apr 20, 2018 10:50 PM

Apr 2013
Ah now this gets added. I guess those with recognized voice actors will have a much higher chance to be added. That means no chance for Manpuku Jinja's adaptation to be added then? =(

On side note, this production is more of a half-canon and half non-canon, the Youkai lunar invasion is canon, where Yukari did gather an army of Youkai trying to beat the crap out of the lunar capital, and canonically she lost as well. Meanwhile, Suika and Yuyuko joining her in the invasion is added in, and did not exist in canon. I don't quite like how they got mixed in like this, those two don't actually act this way.

But it's a nice touch to see Kyoto Fantasy Troupe (a doujin group from China (!)) trying to adapt the lesser known canon events, such as this lunar invasion, Kaguya's past, Yuyuko's past, Murasa's past and the great Suwa War were all teased in the trailers back then. Can't wait to see more.

Apr 21, 2018 12:27 AM

Feb 2017
i love this because it does a fantastic job at expanding on the things ZUN is too lazy to write, instead of just throwing up mindless fanservice like *some* touhou fanime do. you know the one.

I am not a fan of Kaguya at all, but I liked seeing Suika and Yukari briefly fuck up some moonies.
Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.
Apr 21, 2018 7:23 AM

Jun 2015
Are there just two episodes currently?
Apr 21, 2018 8:20 AM

Jun 2015
Can someone please tell me, where can I watch it with eng sub?
Apr 21, 2018 8:30 AM

Mar 2018
Effete said:

Seems like it.

Pikmin404 said:

Here, bro.

Episode 1
Episode 2

Apr 21, 2018 9:22 AM

Jun 2015
Renkini said:
Effete said:

Seems like it.

Pikmin404 said:

Here, bro.

Episode 1
Episode 2

Thank You, Good Sir/Mam.
Apr 10, 2019 7:59 PM
Feb 2019
Very satisfying to see the Watatsuki sisters fodderizing these so-called "invaders". And that nigga captain from Lunar Capital is too OP, should have let Yorihime on his level instead, more hype for them moon bitches.
Jun 27, 2020 6:12 AM

Sep 2018
The mere fact of discovering something new directly or indirectly linked to the Touhou Project, for me, is already a source of immense joy, therefore, I also appreciated the mere fact of having discovered this OVA series. The narration was not boring, even the part where there was more action, so to speak, I liked, despite the animations were not as good as those seen in Gensou Mangekyou: The Memories of Phantasm". The same character design is nicer than the one used in "Memories of Phantasm", but it didn't weigh much, because in the end I was kidnapped by the story covered in this episode. I liked OP and ED.

P.S. I am so sorry that in the database of MAL, the series animated by manpukujinja is not there, what a sadness not to be able to comment on it here too and to exchange opinions with other users of MAL.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hifuu Katsudou Kiroku: The Sealed Esoteric History Episode 2 Discussion

Terrablu2018 - Jun 27, 2020

7 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
Mar 7, 4:59 PM

» Is this finished or not?

Francis_0 - Jul 13, 2021

5 by davee_jones »»
Apr 30, 2023 8:32 AM

» New PV for Episode 3 after 4 years

kizumi91 - Dec 24, 2021

4 by bondtux »»
Apr 3, 2022 6:22 AM

» wat is dis

aweeb - Feb 7, 2018

20 by GrimAtrament »»
Nov 17, 2018 12:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.