Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 17, 2018 12:14 AM

Dec 2017
well, they’re trapped in Mobius that’s all i understand, and then some people realized that they’re inside it so the system is trying to stop these rogue people.

i thought there will be more people that trapped, but this episode only shown 4 people.

episode 3 better explained what to do to repel this, gather up together and beat some stuff, better each one of them have those Chibi assistance like Shogo.

opening visual is very good though
Apr 17, 2018 2:07 AM

Oct 2008
Nice episode!
Indeed the world is mad!
I really thought some select ones were just crazy mad but it turns-out that select ones are just on a different world! A recreated world in which there are boundaries which is not yet replicated!
4/5.

Apr 17, 2018 5:42 AM

Jul 2015
Okay so like... Half way into the episode, when everyone faces were all distorted and everything, MC had the funniest freaking scream, I swear that dude took lessons from that Uganda "Why are you running!" meme. Anyway, episode was pretty good.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 17, 2018 2:00 PM

Sep 2015
A for Ambition at least.

While I think the creators are going in a "good" direction with the story, I can't help but feel a lot of compromises were made with the script that totally screwed build up and general execution.

It isn't HORRIBLE, or BAD, per say. However, right now, it is just OK.

I gave 7/10 last week, this week I give a 6/10. It's do or die from here.
Apr 17, 2018 11:07 PM

Mar 2009
Seems like a simulation or something. I dunno. Still have no idea what's going on.
Apr 17, 2018 11:34 PM

Jun 2015
i don't understand why people too rush to get info about the world,it's only 2 episode,give it a chance.orz
Apr 18, 2018 4:50 AM

Sep 2015
geforce6313 said:
i don't understand why people too rush to get info about the world,it's only 2 episode,give it a chance.orz

Because if people do not show you a 30-minute episode full of explanations, they get lost.
Apr 18, 2018 12:11 PM

Aug 2017
This is one of those shows that will make infinitely more sense early on if you've either played the game or will be doing a second watch-through of the show

Peter Pan Syndrome to start off the episode was a fun throwback, and we've got a better honed in focus on who's been trapped in Mobius. Feels like everything's gonna come crashing together imminently. Mu's dynamic is interesting, well-meaning but misguided? There's also the influence of the other person with her to consider. The dispute between Aria and Shogo was kinda cute too
Apr 18, 2018 8:46 PM
Mar 2012
this world is mad.
Seemed like an AR game at first, now it's trapped in a VR game with a small level size.
So 3 types of people, mc's who aren't affected by the music & noticed oddities, staticheads seem npc, & pointy heads attacking mcs.
2nd new mu song nice as well.
Shogo so retarded, so many he can only fight. What's with the random familiar?
Apr 19, 2018 6:43 AM
Apr 2018
First episode: Jung, Freud, Plato and Aristotle? Oh my god gracious, I don't even... What is this? Is this some kind of intellectual wanker snobbery torturing us plebs with some mental gymnastic? Certainly not for someone like me with a room temperature IQ. But some of the gurls looks like a good wan... waifu material, so off we go with this show!

Second Episode: Heh, finally they throw that intellectual wanker snobbery out and put some action. Certainly the most interesting anime this season for me, not that I watched many shows either. The combination of OP music and visual was really amazing, ED visual was good but the music was meh. that girl with huge rack wear some interesting slit long skirt, is that even acceptable in Japan for high school student?

I pick some interesting lines from the OP sequences:

- Ideal.
- Modern Pathology (something that tree hugging ancestors of ours can't catch like AIDS?).
- MC got diagnosed with Adjustment Disorder (from wiki: group of symptoms, such as stress, feeling sad or hopeless, and physical symptoms that can occur after you go through a stressful life event).
- Braid girl got diagnosed with Cinderella Complex (from wiki: an unconscious desire to be taken care of by others).
- "Hey I'm reading the same book as him again" girl and wannabe hero got diagnosed with Adjustment Disorder.
- Glasses food critic got diagnosed with dysmorphic phobia (from wiki: mental disorder characterized by the obsessive idea that some aspect of one's own body part or appearance is severely flawed and warrants exceptional measures to hide or fix their dysmorphic part on their person).
- "Wait you're not my mom" girl and a dude we did not even know yet got diagnosed with Cinderella Complex.
- Giant revolver dude got diagnosed with Adjustment Disorder.
- Cogito Ergo Sum
- Ostentation
- Catharsis
- Return
- Idol
- Reality

Is this kind of buzzwords make you understand the show better? For the most part, I didn't even know what kind of word is that. Many thx wiki for the help.
Apr 19, 2018 7:13 AM

Sep 2015
Pakde_Kartono said:
First episode: Jung, Freud, Plato and Aristotle? Oh my god gracious, I don't even... What is this? Is this some kind of intellectual wanker snobbery torturing us plebs with some mental gymnastic? Certainly not for someone like me with a room temperature IQ. But some of the gurls looks like a good wan... waifu material, so off we go with this show!

Second Episode: Heh, finally they throw that intellectual wanker snobbery out and put some action. Certainly the most interesting anime this season for me, not that I watched many shows either. The combination of OP music and visual was really amazing, ED visual was good but the music was meh. that girl with huge rack wear some interesting slit long skirt, is that even acceptable in Japan for high school student?

I pick some interesting lines from the OP sequences:

- Ideal.
- Modern Pathology (something that tree hugging ancestors of ours can't catch like AIDS?).
- MC got diagnosed with Adjustment Disorder (from wiki: group of symptoms, such as stress, feeling sad or hopeless, and physical symptoms that can occur after you go through a stressful life event).
- Braid girl got diagnosed with Cinderella Complex (from wiki: an unconscious desire to be taken care of by others).
- "Hey I'm reading the same book as him again" girl and wannabe hero got diagnosed with Adjustment Disorder.
- Glasses food critic got diagnosed with dysmorphic phobia (from wiki: mental disorder characterized by the obsessive idea that some aspect of one's own body part or appearance is severely flawed and warrants exceptional measures to hide or fix their dysmorphic part on their person).
- "Wait you're not my mom" girl and a dude we did not even know yet got diagnosed with Cinderella Complex.
- Giant revolver dude got diagnosed with Adjustment Disorder.
- Cogito Ergo Sum
- Ostentation
- Catharsis
- Return
- Idol
- Reality

Is this kind of buzzwords make you understand the show better? For the most part, I didn't even know what kind of word is that. Many thx wiki for the help.

If you check the PV you can get more things

Apr 19, 2018 8:44 AM

Jan 2013
Pretty interesting. At first, i only watched it because i had nothing to watch but after this episode, i feel like i need to watch it till the end. Hope it won't be a crappy anime tho :(
Apr 19, 2018 5:33 PM

Jun 2011
Watched the game livestream video, the staff has really taught persona 5 how to make a great adaption.

\Kotono/\Kotono/\Kotono/
Apr 20, 2018 7:41 AM
Jan 2016
Man, this protagonist is slow. I was waiting all episode for him to say 'This world is mad!'. Never have I been more satisfied to hear a single sentence before.

I don't get the low rating this anime has. This ain't even bad.
Maybe because most people have no idea what's going on, and I do? I guess it is pretty retarded that the whole premise of the anime is the big mystery for the first couple episodes (they're stuck inside a virtual world made by that idol AI to give them better lives because they made it sing depressing shit or something like that).
KababiApr 20, 2018 7:49 AM
Apr 20, 2018 1:27 PM

Sep 2015
Episode 3 teaser (Sweet-P's arc)

Apr 21, 2018 7:41 AM
Apr 2018
Nayout said:
If you check the PV you can get more things

Wow more buzzwords and apparently my brain refuses to think, again. So I gonna leave it to you guys.

By the way thanks for the PV. Really appreciated that.
Apr 21, 2018 3:19 PM

Feb 2013
Not exciting. I like the use of music, but... eh... I don't really want to drop it just yet.
Apr 22, 2018 2:18 AM

Jan 2016
Oh man, is this show going to be the Pleb filter of this season? Has potential I guess. I like the how the episode is framed.
Apr 27, 2018 2:22 AM

Apr 2015
Dialogue isn't really cool, none of them have real chemistry. Not between MC and his companion girl, not between MC and Shougo, not between Shougo and Aria.

New song is shite. Last scene was good.
May 17, 2018 4:00 PM

Dec 2010
First episode was much better. Shougo and Aria were really cringe-inducing in this EP. There are some interesting topics in the OP. I hope we will got more psychological parts, but it seems that action and gags will dominate this anime.

At least the action parts were decent.
Dec 7, 2019 9:00 PM

Jun 2014
Well... rather slow progress... I hope it doesnt continue this slow, and skip the entire game between the first and last dungeons.

IMO this anime is satisfactory for those who have played the game and understand what is going on. But for everyone else, I can understand how dumb and confusing this must look.

Aria. no. yuck. Pls give me more Kotono.
Mar 20, 2023 3:59 PM

Aug 2017
Nice episode with a great cliffhanger,
the story is explained a little bit but there is still many things to explore,
looking forward when the the woken students meet each other.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Caligula Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

8 by Dekom »»
Apr 5, 2023 4:32 PM

Poll: » Caligula Episode 11 Discussion

Tarotist - Aug 9, 2018

3 by Dekom »»
Apr 4, 2023 5:22 PM

Poll: » Caligula Episode 10 Discussion

Tarotist - Aug 9, 2018

3 by Dekom »»
Apr 3, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Caligula Episode 9 Discussion

fukumenkei - Aug 8, 2018

3 by Dekom »»
Apr 1, 2023 4:19 PM

Poll: » Caligula Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 27, 2018

15 by Dekom »»
Mar 26, 2023 4:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.