Forum Settings
Forums

What 2 anime you've watched had the most mature high school teen cast and the most childish high school teen cast ?

New
Apr 13, 2018 7:19 AM
Jul 2015
What 2 anime you've watched had the most mature high school teen cast and the most childish high school teen cast ?

Here are the ones I've watched.

Anime with the most mature high school teen cast

1. Youkoso Jitsuryoku
2. OreGairu

Anime with the most childish high school teen cast

1. Aho Girl
2. Seirei Tsukai no Kenbu ( But some of the characters can be quite emo and serious when the situation calls for it, as the girls in it might be spoiled and sheltered daughters of nobles, but some like Claire has known about some hardship in the emotional aspect, and can be quite serious and calm when the situation requires )

My Conclusion : It seems that shows that pander more towards comedy would feature teens with a childish personality to elicit laughter and smiles from us viewers, while shows that requires us to think, like those focused on drama, strategizing, mystery, horror, and some other genres would have the author create characters that are more smarter and mature than the common average personality of a teen.

What's your list, guys ?
CoolitzHubertXVIApr 13, 2018 7:25 AM
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Apr 13, 2018 7:32 AM

Jan 2018
Anime with the most mature high school teen cast

1. Kiss x Siss - They take student's life seriously.
2. Gosick - Watch it, please.

Anime with the most childish high school teen cast

1. Chuunibyou
2. Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko

My Conclusion : It seems that shows that pander more towards comedy would feature easygoing characters to let viewers watch it in a laidback manner, while shows that requires us to think, like those focused on drama, strategy, mystery, horror, and some other genres may feature characters with a better character and plot developments combined.

What a good strategy to avoid a listing thread so kudos to you I guess.

Apr 13, 2018 7:49 AM

Nov 2014
Hmm.... I'm having quite the ordeal here. I can't quite place anime with casts that are just blatant assholes/bloody idiots like Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji or anime that have really really naive kids that do "adult" things like Kuzu no Honkai.

Mature
Relife (I mean... they are kinda adults)
Seiren? (Oh just bear with me, I'm trying to get 1 good 1 bad for each category to make a point, but haven't really finished many of "mature" anime that are bad because they are so GOD DAMN BORING)

Childish
Chuunibyou, which childishness was the exact selling point of the series
Nourin (Oh... god...)

hazecloud said:
My Conclusion : It seems that shows that pander more towards comedy would feature easygoing characters to let viewers watch it in a laidback manner, while shows that requires us to think, like those focused on drama, strategy, mystery, horror, and some other genres may feature characters with a better character and plot developments combined.
Can kinda see what you mean. Anime with mature and generally more mild character hinges on managing to get the audience intrigued by the characters. On the other hand, anime with childish and more playful characters rely on them being likable and energetic, while at the same time not letting it get too weird.
BurningSpiritApr 13, 2018 7:54 AM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Apr 13, 2018 8:03 AM
Oct 2017
probably i will have to go with TWO CAR as the most mature high school teen cast and also at the same time most childish
Apr 13, 2018 8:03 AM

Jun 2016
I guess what I'd like to ask is how you found any mature characters in Youkoso Jitsuryoku (or any "characters" at all for that matter) ajsdajksdnklasd
Apr 13, 2018 8:06 AM

Nov 2016
Mature

ReLife
Maria-sama ga Miteru
School Days
Evangelion(middle school)

Childish

Little Busters!

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 13, 2018 8:08 AM

Oct 2015
Sakurada Reset... oh wait, everyone's actually dead inside in this show
Apr 13, 2018 8:08 AM

Feb 2018
https://myanimelist.net/anime/8675/Seitokai_Yakuindomo These are the ist immature people on the planet
Apr 13, 2018 8:10 AM
Jan 2015
For mature High School casts, I would probably say Mahouka and Youkoso jitsuryoku. Grisaia and Monogatari Series are up there as well. I wouldn't count ReLife, considering that the really mature ones are really adults only disguised as high schoolers.

As for childish high school casts, I can't really think of specific ones, but generally the more lighthearted, comedy centric the series is, the more likely it'll have more silly and immature characters.
My Queens

Apr 13, 2018 8:13 AM
Apr 14, 2018 6:42 AM

Feb 2013
EGOIST said:
sounds pretty mature i guess ;_;
being sakurada is suffering
Apr 14, 2018 2:28 PM

Sep 2014
EGOIST said:

Too mature for some people I see. I'd rather be dead inside rather than immature like in some other anime.
Apr 14, 2018 2:44 PM

Sep 2016
aj_nn said:
I guess what I'd like to ask is how you found any mature characters in Youkoso Jitsuryoku (or any "characters" at all for that matter) ajsdajksdnklasd

I still find the show so edgy that it made me cringe several times per episode. Honestly how the heck did it got a 7.92 score? It's just too damn high. 7.2 would be a lot more acceptable tho.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2018 1:56 AM

Jul 2017
Mature:
Mahouka
ReLIFE
Yahari ore no seishun

Immature:
Chuunibyou
Boku wa I need Friends
Nisekoi
Apr 15, 2018 2:03 AM

Feb 2018
I don't really watch a lot of Highschool anime but this one has by faar the most childish cast https://myanimelist.net/anime/8675/Seitokai_Yakuindomo
Apr 15, 2018 2:40 AM

Dec 2015
For most mature I'd go with:

- Hibike! Euphonium
- Orange

For most childish I'd go with:

- K-On!
- Nichijou

Strange how almost all of my picks are from KyoAni anime.

More topics from this board

» Your favorite furry anime character?

Ex-Aid - 3 hours ago

9 by Rhae »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime with better sequels than the original

ST63LTH - 5 hours ago

10 by Rhae »»
6 minutes ago

» What'd I say?

SgtBateMan - 6 minutes ago

0 by SgtBateMan »»
6 minutes ago

» When did anime become mainstream? Or do you think it's still not mainstream???

LenRea - 11 hours ago

21 by ColourWheel »»
21 minutes ago

» Your biggest why …? ( 1 2 )

Yonahim_Zz - May 12

70 by Atmogenic »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.