Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2018 2:35 PM

Sep 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit man. What the hell. That's a very intense ride. Still, I'm really curious on why he kills people, particularly women, or if he's seriously doing it for fun.

Then again. I can't believe on all of this...

Jun 9, 2019 5:13 AM

Jul 2016
Jesus... was that the ending?
Jun 9, 2019 5:14 AM

Jul 2016
I was wishing we would get a backstory for his dad, kind of disappointed
Aug 29, 2021 12:50 AM
Apr 2018
"Climb out of the pit now."
"I forgive you."

If you want, there are many possibilities waiting for you in life. You can access all of them. Don't lose hope. + You must be inspired for something good for both you (and the others).

One of my favorite chapter, the reason being i didn't want the Father-Son to have a fight.
Oct 11, 2022 8:32 AM

Aug 2021
damn... just like that???
Jun 3, 2023 9:11 PM

Jul 2020
Loved how the series handled this, it was a complete subversion in the best way possible; the father doesn't have any understandable motive for his killing, and that's exactly the point being made. People do terrible things simply because they find a twisted sense of enjoyment in them.

And the forgiveness scene is even better. Because, forgiveness isn't a feeling, it's a choice. And Jin has to make the difficult and brave choice to be the better man, to put it all behind him by choosing not to continue dwelling on it forever. It's honestly really beautiful, how just because he was a victim, doesn't mean that he has no responsibilities either.

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Jan 29, 2:22 PM

Jan 2020
I really really hate the whole "forgiving clearly evil individual trope" but this actually handled it immensely well. Jin, for most of his later years, was rebellious towards his father, and I can totally see why he didn't straight up kill his father. Him forgiving his father wasn't him completely forgiving his father's sins, it was moreso like "Fuck you, dad. I won't end up like you". Really enjoyed this execution. It was a way better narrative and thematic choice than just a Father vs Son fight.
man.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bastard Chapter 50 Discussion

joe_g7 - May 8, 2018

3 by Controversy »»
Mar 21, 9:51 AM

Poll: » Bastard Chapter 94 Discussion ( 1 2 )

EGOIST - May 10, 2018

55 by astoneon »»
Jan 29, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Bastard Chapter 93 Discussion

Tennouji - Apr 10, 2018

8 by astoneon »»
Jan 29, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Bastard Chapter 72 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 19, 2018

5 by astoneon »»
Jan 26, 2:53 PM

Poll: » Bastard Chapter 38 Discussion

Tennouji - Apr 10, 2018

9 by astoneon »»
Jan 26, 2:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.