Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2018 10:32 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ugh, Yuka...
Well whatever, this episode felt kinda like a breather in a way with Lacia traveling with Arato and his sister.

The analysis between human and machine is still evident in this show. Felt like this episode was boring with little development to the main characters. The part about technology was slightly interesting I guess.
Mar 30, 2018 10:50 AM
Aug 2016
I don't get why Arato is being punished for saving people, blamed for literally saving an heiresses life and being chastised by his supposed friends just for being kind. Even his sister blames him. I get the robot vs human debate but this show just is not clicking with me at all. I think the idea is good but I am not sure how much of this I can take... I just find so god damn dull...
Mar 30, 2018 11:36 AM

Jun 2015
Yuka was super annoying in this episode, she just won't be quiet. What Ginga Watarai was saying to Arato was pretty interesting. The hIEs committing suicide and becoming pretty much zombies was comical. The robot vs human debate continues to be very dull.
Mar 30, 2018 12:03 PM

Dec 2017
this show just likes to introduce obvious things in form of "Look! Haven't thought about it this way, haven't you???"

android is just an interface for imitating a human being? wow, really opens your eyes
Mar 30, 2018 12:32 PM
Sep 2008
well it was an interesting episode unlike previous ones, in terms of getting some information about robots and staff ...

but wow it turned into WALKING DEAD suddenly, it was creepy and cool at the same time :P
Mar 30, 2018 12:46 PM

Nov 2016
Shit hit the fan.

Pretty hilarious

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 30, 2018 12:59 PM

Jun 2017
Maybe it's just me but I enjoyed this episode a lot, the amount of lore was just amazing. Arato getting stabbed in the back by all his friends is getting real old though. Also, just smash with Lacia already.
Mar 30, 2018 2:23 PM

Mar 2010
Everyone needs to stop hating on Yuka. She's an annoying, vapid, self-centered, food obsessed hamster, but that is not going to change so we can stop talking about it. =_=;; Just think of her as the Worst Common Denominator in the world order. How much of humanity do you think would do more than what's minimally required in their world? She is what the majority of those her age would be like in a world that "convenient" and don't try to kid yourself otherwise.

I just want to know WTF Higgins is planning. Hurry up and tell me, show! >_<
(No spoilers please. :x lol)
Mar 30, 2018 2:32 PM

Dec 2016
That's a good thing that Lacia can repair herself like that.

That's not a good sign that Ryo is teaming up with Watarai.

So all the HiE's there have turned into zombies.

The question is though why did Watarai order Methode to capture Yuka, maybe he's planning something against Professor Endo.

What a massacre, hopefully Lacia can get there and save Arato from them.
Mar 30, 2018 4:55 PM

Aug 2013
I feel some NieR: Automata vibes tingling
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 30, 2018 5:32 PM

Jan 2017
This episode felt pretty significant in exploring the anime context and world; I way this, well, 'cause they are explaining the depth of the HIE's structure and how they typically function...
I truly felt like tgat, but then they went ahead and layer the foundation for a zombie theme next episode; kind of a deal breaker as I felt cheated.

Hopefully they back up this choice they've made in the following episode appropriately (I'm guessing it's gonna be like, "the hie hacked the system and input zombie-behaviour instructions")
Why on earth else would the HIEs be tryna eat each other

On the bright side, they've created an entire next trope or genre -i think so, anyway- robot-eating robots that bleed and whatever
Mar 30, 2018 5:39 PM

Jan 2017
Yuka is literally the most worthless excuse for an anime character since Mayuri from Steins;Gate

Mar 30, 2018 6:18 PM

Sep 2015
Machine ZOMBIES!
I better see some virtual shotguns next episode too, or it will be disappointing...
Mar 30, 2018 7:35 PM
Feb 2017
BlackstarFallen said:
Yuka was super annoying in this episode, she just won't be quiet. What Ginga Watarai was saying to Arato was pretty interesting. The hIEs committing suicide and becoming pretty much zombies was comical. The robot vs human debate continues to be very dull.

I think Yuka is frustrated that Arato is paying more attention to Lacia than her. In seems, her spoiled persona is based on the fact that Arato has been the sole guardian of her since childhood as suggested by the ED. Eversince Lacia came, Yuka has been trying to grab attention from Arato because she feels like shes getting neglected. Hence why she goes out and vents her frustrations to her friends which consequently cause trouble to them in the process.
Mar 30, 2018 8:55 PM
Mar 2017
Damn that last few minutes remind me of zombie games or zombies movie loli can't wait for the next episode
Mar 30, 2018 9:50 PM

Dec 2016
robot zombies...nice, very nice
Mar 30, 2018 11:52 PM

Aug 2017
Snowdrop, the third party living wrench in the works, most likely going to be the wildcard in the next Lacia vs Methode iteration
Mar 31, 2018 12:27 AM

Feb 2015
Man, I don't know how much more of this I can handle. This show just keeps getting worse.

People hated on little sisters like Saguri, well, how do you feel about this abomination...
Mar 31, 2018 12:47 AM

Jan 2015
I don't know if I can take another cour of this train wreck.
Mar 31, 2018 1:59 AM
Nov 2017
Yautja said:
People hated on little sisters like Saguri, well, how do you feel about this abomination...

Yuka > Ryo. That kid is so far up his own ass he's a 1-man human centipede. Yuka's just annoying. Ryo has betrayed his own family and friends.
Mar 31, 2018 2:26 AM

Oct 2011
I get it - they can't show human looking characters disasembling other human-looking characters in this type of show so they used the zombie thing (although it totally doesn't make sense) in order to make the bad HIE not look so human anymore

Mar 31, 2018 3:12 AM

Jun 2017
tambi33 said:
This episode felt pretty significant in exploring the anime context and world; I way this, well, 'cause they are explaining the depth of the HIE's structure and how they typically function...
I truly felt like tgat, but then they went ahead and layer the foundation for a zombie theme next episode; kind of a deal breaker as I felt cheated.

Hopefully they back up this choice they've made in the following episode appropriately (I'm guessing it's gonna be like, "the hie hacked the system and input zombie-behaviour instructions")
Why on earth else would the HIEs be tryna eat each other

On the bright side, they've created an entire next trope or genre -i think so, anyway- robot-eating robots that bleed and whatever

I think that's probably just Snowdrop messing around since she showed the ability to control other hIEs earlier. I could be wrong though.
Mar 31, 2018 5:07 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm an episode with Ryo as the main focus. The financial damage to Arato though sure was massive. Arato's dad sure has a lot of trust in his son though even with the bill of that amount. This experiment sure is interesting though as it allows us to see a town where HIE's have both human and HIE roles. I guess networked HIE's can become a vulnerability if someone misuses it. Since its only job is to calculate things like emotions and understanding will be alien to the system. And Methode and her owner just exploited this opening and in the process forcing Arato to act. An interesting episode that introduced some interesting questions as well as a nightmare scenario as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2018 5:18 AM
Feb 2016
Yuka is adorable and the only reason I'm watching this anime.
Mar 31, 2018 6:43 AM

Jul 2014
Interesting developments lore-wise this episode, but apart from that this was all pretty tedious really, especially with so much screentime for the continually-pointless Yuka.
Mar 31, 2018 11:24 AM
Mar 2016
Whooooo, Robo Zombies.......Nice, so who did Ryo talk to????? I guess it's either that wired guy Watari whom Arato is talking to or could it be Snowdrop. Either way one of them may have did something to that Memeframe thingy, that has cause them HiE's to go zombies.
Mar 31, 2018 6:39 PM

Jan 2011
This is getting beyond tedious now. Idk if I can deal with another cour worth of this nonsense.
Mar 31, 2018 7:42 PM
Mar 2012
Sucks the hero needs to pay damages. Arato maybe dumb pushover, imouto annoying, but Ryo just became the worse shit. He doesn't understand 'friendliness', forces his ideas on mc & only argues, was a coward since a kid & ran away from mc, a hypocrite who wants the mcs to stay safe while he's talking to someone he likely barely knows & wrecking the city, and he rejects every friendly dining as the spoilsport he is.
Watarai's cloud/interface talk was maybe interesting, but in the most boring way.
At least suicidal ZombieBots are fun... but why?
Mar 31, 2018 11:02 PM
Jun 2017
Ryo really hates hIE's and its so prominent on this one. hahaha...

and hIE became zombies... hahaha, i like this episode for today!!!
Apr 1, 2018 12:40 AM

Dec 2014
hmm not a good father...It kinda bother me how much leverage teenagers have in anime
Apr 1, 2018 3:14 AM

Dec 2017
Only 4.5 million/2 million (18k usd) yen (that they have to pay) for all the explosions in the last episode huh.

I knew they should've gotten insurance for the car!

Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Apr 1, 2018 5:24 AM

May 2017
I'm calling it, Yuka will become Snow Drop's owner
Apr 1, 2018 9:00 AM

Mar 2012
Look, I get that anime tropes almost kind of need to happen in anime, but Yuka just takes it way too far. It's like they thought up a list of the most cringe-worthy characteristics in a person and just stuffed it in her.

I also think this is giving me flashbacks of GC. Overlapping and conflicting factions, unclear motivations, inconsistent power settings...Not to blame Redjuice but he's becoming synonymous with good waifu bad writing.
Apr 1, 2018 1:17 PM

Apr 2016
Literally fell asleep during the info dump with the Ginga guy.
Apr 2, 2018 7:17 PM

Oct 2008
LOL! everything is goin' down to havoc since the hIE mainframe has been breached and compromised by i think Ginga Watarai? (Methode's owner)
We have another Zombie-robot trope here! lolz
4/5.

Apr 2, 2018 8:46 PM

Jun 2013
What are the chances that Ryo is Snowdrop's owner???

And I'm waiting for the "human is actually an hIE" and vice versa reveals that are sure to come.

But yeah, this show is basically circle jerking itself with all it's technobabbly human/android exposition.
Apr 3, 2018 7:09 PM

Sep 2017
This episode was actually really interesting to me. Kind of surprising tbh. I really liked the exposition with their dad and Watarai. Everything's starting to come together or something I guess. Hopefully it will stay interesting and I may actually enjoy the second half of this.
Apr 4, 2018 5:49 AM
Apr 2018
damn people, this anime is actually good if you like AI philosophy like me.
Apr 4, 2018 9:36 AM

Sep 2013
Random oppai loli :P

Next week should be fun with all these robot zombies
TsundeReaper said:
I'm calling it, Yuka will become Snow Drop's owner

That would be hilarious
Apr 4, 2018 2:38 PM

Nov 2013
I know, that I said it before, but Arato really should look for new friends.

The city with mostly hIEs was interesting.

Yuka will most likely be sent back when she annoyed her kidnappers enough.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 13, 2018 1:10 AM
Jul 2012
Finally. I'm glad the whole trope of 'the owner of an hIE must take responsibility for their hIE's actions' is finally mattering here. It only took practically half the series. Glad this trope isn't a moot point, even if the damages were written off easily 'cos daddy bailed Arato out (which irks me, but again, glad there is finally comeuppance for Arato). The conversation with Watari though.... ugh I kind of understood it but it made my head hurt, seemed like an awfully long dialogue which amounted too. "Oh, since hIEs can't suicide themselves, the reason must be a lacia-class hIE" He had some interesting dialogue, but I wish they simplified it a bit more, had to rewatch the scene a few times to grasp the general idea 'hIEs are told what to feel and only act on orders of a super AI named Higgins who recycles hIE sensory data and tries to make them emulate humans', at least I think that was the point. I am curious as to what Snowdrop was doing there and why. Wonder if Ryo is her owner or it's someone else fucking things up. Anyways, seems like we got some plot progression, though I'm curious how Saturnus and her owner (that former cryogenically frozen chick and the owner of that fashion brand.... Erica was it?) are going to play into all this down the line since they haven't had much screen time.
No I don't read manga. Why? Because according to MAL manga readers, all anime is either: too rushed, too slow, anime original, or a terrible adaption. I like to enjoy anime for what it is, anime.
Sep 29, 2018 10:39 AM

Jan 2014
the author of this novel should be genius as fuck to make an explanation in detail about cloud services, AI, and machine learning through Watarai explanation. even though I don't really know if that blabbering is also applied in real life or just a fantasy explanation.
May 6, 2020 8:56 AM

Feb 2018
HiE got hacked/error...
Mar 23, 2023 7:28 PM

Dec 2022
Ryo is insufferable. Apparently androids carrying apples around is just too far for him. His friend saves his sister from burning to death, and he thanks him by getting his friend's own sister kidnapped.

The robozombies are good fun, at least. I'm not sure why they're behaviorally identical to zombies, but who cares.
Archean-ReturnMar 23, 2023 7:50 PM

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beatless Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

12 by SWtaervdesn »»
Dec 30, 2023 5:16 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 19 Discussion

tidoesstuff - Aug 9, 2018

5 by SWtaervdesn »»
Dec 30, 2023 4:31 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 18 Discussion

8 by SWtaervdesn »»
Dec 23, 2023 4:19 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 17 Discussion

4 by SWtaervdesn »»
Nov 4, 2023 5:26 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2018

40 by bakakisima »»
Jun 17, 2023 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.