Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2018 1:54 PM

Sep 2015
What’s causing the weird behavior with Zero Two tho anyone know?
Mar 24, 2018 2:00 PM
Jun 2014
loccodaniel1 said:

Prolly she has problems with her own persona, the mirror didn't help either. She is becoming insecure of darling's love too. I think that the break point will be when she learns that Ichigo kissed Hiro
Mar 24, 2018 2:01 PM

Feb 2017
loccodaniel1 said:

I think she is worried about her growing teeth we saw in the previous episode.
Mar 24, 2018 2:01 PM
Jun 2015
Mitsuru, also known as why we can't have nice things.

I'm fine with Kokoro not being into Futoshi and liking Mitsuru instead (although it does ruin the only happy couple we had, and I like happy couples), but the way she ditched him is just fucking wrong. Pissed me off and made me realize I care a lot more about this series than I thought.
Mar 24, 2018 2:02 PM
Mar 2009
GangsterCat said:
L85A1Eruuu said:
Probably my least favorite episode, but not for the same reasons everyone keeps stating. I just wished they'd FINALLY start moving on with some sort of story or even exploring their mysterious world, like what they did with the previous episode. The repetitive bullshit between fighting and drama is getting annoying. Also, we need more Zero Two time.

Kokoro did nothing wrong. Futoshi is an annoying, fat, loser and she did the right thing by trying things out with Mitsuru. I honestly hope he gets killed off or something.

exactly, fatoshi is jsut unappealing, creepy and obsessive while milkman play it edgy and cool. if you are a girl, which one would you choose?

I had a real life experience like triangle between futoshi-kokoro-mitsuru of my high school friend. He's just an ordinary boy just get a plain good girlfriend, he purely really love the girlfriend but guess what that plain good girl had cheated him for an edgy bad boy, and after this , that 3 persons had not contact each other for several years, the ordinary boy become succesfull small enterprenaur, and one time he met again with her ex girlfriend , you know what, after college that we separated from her, that plain girl explained to him that his EX-edgy boyfriend had some debt problem and gone missing after that, leaving the debt to her. And surprisingly, my friend looked into the debt and payed it for her, when the girl asked why he just replied"Lesson learned". But in the end, they 're not reconnected anymore and gone separate way.
FujimiyaMar 24, 2018 2:06 PM
Mar 24, 2018 2:08 PM

Oct 2014
Character development with teenage drama (and a little bit of NTR.) Cliche as it is, good.
Unfortunate that the other arcs weren't as interesting, especially the main one with 02 & Hiro.

I see that they want to close out this season in a bang, at the least. Pretty clean animation.

Hmm... Are they going to kill Mitsuru?
Bcs at this point, that's the only way I can see Kokoro's character developing.
I don't know. I'm not a writer, after all.
Mar 24, 2018 2:16 PM
Nov 2017
I’m starting to think ya didn’t hate the episode , ya just hate mitsuru because this was one of the better episodes . The man has redeemed himself get over it . Plus they gave multiple characters the shine this episode while still giving off the ominous vibes .
Mar 24, 2018 2:19 PM
Dec 2017
As always, this was a great episode. It delved into Mitsuru's backstory and and developed his, Kokoro's, Futoshi's, and even Ikuno's (whom I think has been the least interesting pilot so far) characters greatly.

Mitsuru's resentment for Hiro has finally been explained, Kokoro has now been confirmed 100% to have feelings for Mitsuru, Futoshi has been shown to be an extremely skilled and resilient pilot (although I'm still a bit salty he got cucked like that, but he still took it like a man at the end), and Ikuno has been confirmed to be lesbian/bisexual. It's also being hinted that Mitsuru is gay/bisexual as well, seeing as he said he wants to pilot a FranXX with Hiro, not alongside him.

Apparently, the theory about Zorome's dream being a representation of his birth (which I wholeheartedly believed in) seems to have been somewhat debunked, seeing as how Kokoro said that humans have stopped regularly reproducing. But who knows, maybe Zorome was a special case.

I'd also been wondering whether FranXX could be piloted Pistil-to-Pistil or Stamen-to-Stamen since the 1st episode, but it seems that for now it isn't really all that possible, unfortunately (I was really hoping for some Zero Two on Ichigo action, or Mitsuru on Hiro, vice versa).

It seems that, indeed, Hiro had lost some memories when he was younger. Maybe it was experimentation? Maybe they wiped his memories after he met Zero Two as a child? Or maybe he simply fell on his head? Find out next week on Dragon Ball Z!

Also, Zero Two kinda creeped me out in that last scene. She's acting like she's in a suicide pact with Hiro. And she kinda is, honestly.

Anyways, that's all I have to say about this episode. Feel free to reply and discuss with me (I need friends), but apologies in advance if I can't reply to any of your late replies, because it's already late where I live and I have school tomorrow.
Mar 24, 2018 2:26 PM

Mar 2018
I hate them all and wish slow painful deaths on everyone and everything in this series.
Help stop the spread of Korean propaganda (KPrOP) and sign this petition!
http://chng.it/Yw8Vzwk4Tg
Mar 24, 2018 2:30 PM

Feb 2016
Pretty sure it is possible that Hiro forgot the promise because he is a different Hiro?
If there is 9a this implies that there are more 9 variants. It is possible that they were experimenting with 1-9 to get the best speciments of 1-9. So if the original 016 was exceptional they could have tried some modification that upgraded him to a 9 while downgrading a failed variation of 9 to 016. Replace the memories with a backup, possibly before the promise, and you get the current Hiro. Also somewhat explains why he can ride with 02.
Mar 24, 2018 2:37 PM
Jul 2015
Guys, how come when a cute girl becomes clingy with a guy, like as we can see in most other animes where the MC has a few girls being clingy with him, it is seen as cute, but when a fat boy becomes clingy with a girl, it is considered annoying ?

Discrimination against fat people much ?
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Mar 24, 2018 2:37 PM

Dec 2017
AdolChri said:

Holy shit, you are butthurt. Also said the dude who uses "fags" on normal forums lol.

as if i'm the one getting triggered from it? butthurt much
Mar 24, 2018 2:38 PM

Mar 2014
Mitsuru is pretty interesting. I was wondering if the heteronormative setting would be explained and I am still unsure whether this will develop, but at least to me it was clear that Mitsuru wanting to pilot with Hiro means he has/had romantic feelings for him, which mirrors Futoshi and Kokoro.
I think this was pretty realistic tbh, people forget promises and do shitty things and sometimes you're better off forgiving them if it wasn't out of malice. I wonder if the plot point will have to do with memory wipe as well.
I liked seeing more of Kokoro and Mitsuru. Their partnership is nice. Although I felt bad for laughing lmao Kokoro promised that she would only ride with Futoshi and a few mins later she just volunteered to ride with Mitsuru LOL. Like I said this could be relevant to the plot but the blatant NTR was still amusing.

I really wanna get some focus on Zero Two in the next ep tbh, I am curious as to what is going on with her.
Mar 24, 2018 2:40 PM

Dec 2016
Mitsuru episode, we learn a little bit about his past with Hiro.

Well I suppose it was worth a try but yeah I had a pretty good feeling that the girls wouldn't be able to pilot with other girls.

That's called love Futoshi, that's why it hurts, just ask Ichigo about her feelings for Hiro.

We know how you feel but you still need to grow up a little though, kinda got sick of seeing you crying and whinging all the time.

Thank goodness Mitsuru came through like that in the end, saved Kokoro from going on a rampage like Zero Two & helped the team out greatly.
Mar 24, 2018 2:43 PM
Oct 2017
I am enjoying these chapters. It is interesting how they are developing the characters considering the environment in which they grew up. And they keep growing. Being in puberty without knowing anything about sex and other human relationships is something that is affecting them both individually and as a group.

They are fighting for a society they do not belong to, but when will they realize it? How are they going to assimilate it? What are they going to consider as "the right way to be"?

Also, it's always funny to see how there are people who underestimate something like admiration and emotional dependence. Love with sexual connotation is not the only form of love.

In any case, being a group with such unique characteristics will be interesting the impact they will have when the real conflict begins.
Jul 2015
Seriously, are there any other Animes that have a better written fat male character that gets treated well by the Author/Creators ?
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.

Dec 2017
AdolChri said:

Clearly, enough to quote me again. Unless the dude is your alt? In which case it's even funnier.

checking the thread to see you getting triggered again from some other guy's quote. yeah, multiple accounts, make a conspiracy out of it
Mar 24, 2018 2:45 PM

Mar 2014
On a side note Ikuno should get some more development. Trying to pilot with Ichigo was understandable ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 24, 2018 2:46 PM
Feb 2018
uninstallthegame said:
AdolChri said:

Clearly, enough to quote me again. Unless the dude is your alt? In which case it's even funnier.

checking the thread to see you getting triggered again from some other guy's quote. yeah, multiple accounts, make a conspiracy out of it

Seems like it. Also lol triggered, why would I? You are the one that get offended by fictional characters enough to make multiple accounts. Here let me you again on the very first page:

oh, and i REALLY hope they won't do anything to ikuno's character, 'cause after this pistil-to-pistil scene tumblr and twitter fandom fags are gonna claim she's lesbian or bisexual

and that's gonna turn out really shitty
Mar 24, 2018 2:49 PM

Dec 2014
Wow, the melodrama is just too much, even for me who's normally into shit like this. So much brooding for little payoff given how I still don't really care about the side characters. Feels like they've been dragging what's going on with Zero Two for too long.
spicychileMar 24, 2018 3:05 PM
I need sleep.
Mar 24, 2018 3:07 PM

Jun 2017

Thanks, now I won't be able to sleep lol. While Strelitzia has a badass stampede mode Genista's is pure nightmare fuel (and it wasn't even its final form). At least we got to know that all custom Franxx probably has this mode maybe with the exception of the generic standarized ones that were used by the other plantation squad. I wonder if we will eventually get to see all the stampedes.

We all knew this moment of cucking will come for Futoshi but that was downright savage from Kokoro. Poor guy will probably end up alone, Kokoro left him, Ikuno is bi, Mitsuru is also bi... Hiro and Zero Two literally can't change partners, Goro and Ichigo are caught in their own triangle. The only stable pair left is pretty much Zorome and Miku at this point.

I still think Mitsuru is an ass, he didn't even investigate further into the matter, there is a high possibility that Hiro had some memories wiped. Kokoro had every right to switch which I don't blame her for but there was no need to be so cruel about it so I kinda dislike her now.
Mar 24, 2018 3:09 PM

Oct 2013
For once I actually enjoyed the action scenes. Lots of nice background animation and generally complex well choreographed scenes. No CG on the Klaxo, too. Props to the episode director Takahiro Shikama.

Mar 24, 2018 3:12 PM

Mar 2014
Terrible episode. The build up leading up to this was so bad it hurts. Suddenly Futoshi looks like an evil obsessive guy, and Kokoro is suddenly uncomfortable with him, completely opposite to what we've seen in the past.
The promised was so sudden and forced too...
Mar 24, 2018 3:13 PM

Dec 2012
CoolitzHubertXVI said:
Seriously, are there any other Animes that have a better written fat male character that gets treated well by the Author/Creators ?
The one I can think of is Accel World, but he's the main character
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Mar 24, 2018 3:14 PM

Apr 2014
I'm taking the episode at face value as in they just wanted to try something new, experiment with different partners and what not. Everyone in the comment section is talking about how futoshi is getting cucked lmao.
Mar 24, 2018 3:17 PM
Varangian Guard

Mar 2015
So in this episode every degenerate... ekhm... I mean - fan of NTR started to like Miku and Mitsuru more. And on the other hand everyone else sides with Futoshi (that punch he landed at the end was dope but he needs to learn how to use his mass to do some more damage). I'm whith Futoshi and I hope he'll be treated better (or even get some great character development).
Mar 24, 2018 3:19 PM
Nov 2017
jesus christ shut up fatass also slick back hair guy is a little bitch no one cares about your one promise get over it was ONE promise...talk about forced drama.
Mar 24, 2018 3:20 PM
Varangian Guard

Mar 2015
CoolitzHubertXVI said:

Well, in Ore Monogatari there is huge dude (maybe not actually fat but he's not walking skeleton for sure and got some extra body), he's very likeable and cool.
Mar 24, 2018 3:30 PM
Jul 2015
Well, I do read in Japanese threads just now and one of them said " Well it's not like as if Futoshi and Kokoro are dating or have mutual feelings for each other, so technically it can't be called an NTR ".

Just Futoshi's one sided obsession and clingy-ness. But Kokoro too shouldn't make a promise she can't keep. I know how painful it is when someone promised you something but broke it later, as I have experienced that before.
Mar 24, 2018 3:44 PM

Aug 2013
Hulek46 said:
So in this episode every degenerate... ekhm... I mean - fan of NTR started to like Miku and Mitsuru more. And on the other hand everyone else sides with Futoshi (that punch he landed at the end was dope but he needs to learn how to use his mass to do some more damage). I'm whith Futoshi and I hope he'll be treated better (or even get some great character development).

What's sad is how Futoshi is treated like literally everything Japan hates about a Fat character rolled up into one. Like did they really have to make Futoshi seem so clingy and obsessive? No not even remotely. As much as the character development is appreciated, it does show how many stereotypes are being thrown in this.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 24, 2018 3:47 PM

Dec 2016
oh shit they were about to go eva berserk mode
Mar 24, 2018 3:58 PM
Jun 2015
I would not be surprised if tumblr feminists are up in arms about the show. The anime flat out rejects the idea of lgbt relationships in the sub-text of this episode with the pilot test failing with ichigo and ikuno and also Mitsuru wanting to pilot with Hiro in a Franxx being a failed promise. I am surprised that would be direct when most anime seems to tease these types of relationships even if they will never come to fruition.
Mar 24, 2018 4:10 PM

Mar 2014
Not sure why people are up in arms...It was hinted that Kokoro had a thing for Mitsuru and NOT Futoshi. Kokoro is simply helping Mitsuru get over his funk. It's not like theyre banging each other behind Futo's back..Futoshi has a puppy crush on Kokoro it's no where deep like Hiro and Zero Two..He'll get over it and find a woman who actually likes him

Also this show is getting stagnant. Need to ramp up the progressiveness quick
Mar 24, 2018 4:21 PM
Jun 2014
15poundfish said:
I would not be surprised if tumblr feminists are up in arms about the show. The anime flat out rejects the idea of lgbt relationships in the sub-text of this episode with the pilot test failing with ichigo and ikuno and also Mitsuru wanting to pilot with Hiro in a Franxx being a failed promise. I am surprised that would be direct when most anime seems to tease these types of relationships even if they will never come to fruition.

I'm sick of lefties being triggered for everything, hope they never get into anime , otherwise we are screwed pals
Mar 24, 2018 4:31 PM
Mar 2018
Fck Kokoro ... wtf was that bullsht.

This chick has the most genuine smile ever and gives Futoshi this promise. Then she goes ahead and dumps him with that same genuine smile, saying sorry almost like she wouldn't give a flying fuck. She officially now is the main villain for me :DD
Also, why did they have to permanently switch partners, I at least thought she would come back to Futoshi but now she is Mitsuru's official partner? Also, that she is aware of the fact that she betrayed him only makes it worse. I before thought of her as a nice character but now she's low life human trash for me. Just fck her ... now this wasn't about the ep at all, just me needing to let out frustration hehe
Mar 24, 2018 4:45 PM
Mar 2018
So for the episode, nothing flew into each other, the screening felt weird and the music was too quiet. Zero Two is very awkward but the next moment she suddenly doesn't go berserk anymore and seems obedient. Kokoro's behavior of acting like she doesn't know what's going on when asked to join Mitsuru to then tell Mitsuru that she knows she betrayed Fiutoshi makes no sense either. Mitsuru's former partner has a grudge against Mitsuru but why? And then there's also the switch of partners, didn't it take years for them to get used to each other and didn't they have to have a special chemistry and so on? Also, why do they permanently change? And what was that lesbian Franxx attempt, like Nana and the other guy didn't know that it wouldn't work? So. Many. Flaws. - I just can't. I hope things will get better in the next episodes .. I have no expectations anymore, apply Mitsuru's reasoning here haha.
Mar 24, 2018 4:47 PM

Jan 2013
Now this is more fucking like it.

Great episode.
Mar 24, 2018 4:49 PM
Oct 2014
Lucident said:

This chick has the most genuine smile ever and gives Futoshi this promise. Then she goes ahead and dumps him with that same genuine smile, saying sorry almost like she wouldn't give a flying fuck.

It's just ez cheap drama and brainlets like you always eat it up.
Mar 24, 2018 4:54 PM

Dec 2017
AdolChri said:
uninstallthegame said:

Seems like it. Also lol triggered, why would I? You are the one that get offended by fictional characters enough to make multiple accounts. Here let me you again on the very first page:

oh, and i REALLY hope they won't do anything to ikuno's character, 'cause after this pistil-to-pistil scene tumblr and twitter fandom fags are gonna claim she's lesbian or bisexual

and that's gonna turn out really shitty

it's sad that you can't spot the difference between being slightly annoyed and being offended.
uninstallthegame said:
oh, and i REALLY hope they won't do anything to ikuno's character

LUL, yea a lot of accounts, 'cause the same joke twice sounds even funnier haHAA

i like yuri anime, and this is not yuri but yielding to promote a queer character just to please the mainstream variety
uninstallthegameMar 24, 2018 5:01 PM
Mar 24, 2018 4:55 PM

Sep 2016
Lucident said:

This chick has the most genuine smile ever and gives Futoshi this promise. Then she goes ahead and dumps him with that same genuine smile, saying sorry almost like she wouldn't give a flying fuck. She officially now is the main villain for me :DD
Also, why did they have to permanently switch partners, I at least thought she would come back to Futoshi but now she is Mitsuru's official partner? Also, that she is aware of the fact that she betrayed him only makes it worse. I before thought of her as a nice character but now she's low life human trash for me. Just fck her ... now this wasn't about the ep at all, just me needing to let out frustration hehe
maybe you dense guys need to get a clue when your partner isn't happy with you
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 24, 2018 5:03 PM

Aug 2013
I loved that they actually gave Mitsuru and Kokoro some developement.

Mar 24, 2018 5:06 PM

Sep 2017
Fappa said:
CodeKeima said:

Did they hint something regarding this case in episode 11?

They showed Hiro wearing the exact same coat that appears in the image with someone holding Zero Two's hand in her Oni form. Hiro also suddenly changed completely in his behavior. It's very likely that this is the "maintenance" that the Adults were talking about, pretty much a memory wipe.

This was probably the most important thing we were shown in the episode, it was dropped in low key so probably missed by a large portion of the audience. But will likely be revealed in a more direct way later, so for now it's just something to think about for those who like attention to detail

Aside from that it seems the brief moments in previous episodes with Mitsuru and Kokoro were indeed groundwork for something - starting with the beach episode and Mitsuru telling her her couldn't guarantee her safety and then finding her when she wandered off and picked up the childbirth book, another thing that's shown it's relevance repeatedly.

And apparently that shot on the beach of Ikuno holding up her book to Ichigo with the white lilies on the cover really was a symbolic yuri hint. The beach episode did have a fair amount of setup detail
Mar 24, 2018 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
Meh, this was a decent episode. Nice action and character development. But still, I wish that the show got somewhere, by now. There is basically no... "Plot", at least in my opinion. If this keeps going on and on, things will probably get boring.
Mar 24, 2018 5:30 PM

Dec 2015
Ok if anyone want to fuck each other, we can try it
Ok let try a lesbian connection , but i dont feel anyhting ofc because there’s no **** to insert , glad they dont try gay connection

Dont rush mitsuru kun , lol
You are to tense , try to loosen up ikuno , lol

And wtf zero 2 getting weirder and weirder each episode
Mar 24, 2018 5:39 PM

Aug 2010
loccodaniel1 said:

She didn't get her last kill at last fight so she acts so weird. Notice that after she got last kill in this episode she reverted to "muh darling" mode.
Mar 24, 2018 5:47 PM

Mar 2014
Man that stampede mode was SUPER LAME.
Huge Eva rip off and it looked atrocious.

Zero Two is what keeps this alive.
Also I didn't like Kiznaiver much and the similarities are def a minus.
Mar 24, 2018 5:47 PM
Nov 2015
yusei_fudo said:
loccodaniel1 said:

She didn't get her last kill at last fight so she acts so weird. Notice that after she got last kill in this episode she reverted to "muh darling" mode.

Probably nothing to do with that, she'd been going down into a depressed spiral for 4 episodes now. And the thing she said at the end today was more depressed/sad/disturbing then happy or loving. It's most likely to do with her own emotional issues regarding herself, or perhaps she has knowledge of what the Grand Crevasse is and feels that the end is nigh.
Mar 24, 2018 5:51 PM

Nov 2012
Almost feel bad about Futoshi, but one should never shed tears for a simp. I think his anger was misplaced, Kokoro was the one who broke her promise and ditched him, Mitsuru didn't do anything to him and he got physically violent while ordering Mitsuru to take care of her and all this nonsense.

IMO, instead of hitting people and focusing his anger on the wrong person, he should of acknowledged that Kokoro is the one who dumped him, and if allowable he should try to get in another group since it's kind of embarrassing. Otherwise if he can't leave, I guess he'd have to man up and just ride with glasses chick though they seem like a terrible team.
Jaywalker.
Mar 24, 2018 5:57 PM

Oct 2010
Fatass getting cucked.

FEELSBADMAN.
Mar 24, 2018 6:10 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, that blonde chick is fucking bitch man. She dumped him because he was TOO NICE? Some girls really don't know what's good for them.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

330 by poscula »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

356 by poscula »»
May 1, 3:03 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2018

410 by poscula »»
May 1, 3:01 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2018

598 by poscula »»
Apr 28, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

566 by paulocosmico »»
Apr 26, 6:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.