Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 13, 2018 7:08 PM

Apr 2008
AivanK said:
Now i don't really know what to expect xD
That princess is totally crazy, poor Climb.
And why did Albedo said that in the end?hmmm

Albedo loves Momonga. She hates that Momonga changed his name to that of the guild which abandoned him and all of nazarick
Mar 13, 2018 7:11 PM

Nov 2013
Confused about Marquis and renner conversation about the noble and royal factions . Does someone know what they are talking about , besides her trying to amass an army
Mar 13, 2018 7:14 PM

Apr 2008
herrickluk said:
Confused about Marquis and renner conversation about the noble and royal factions . Does someone know what they are talking about , besides her trying to amass an army

The Reestize kingdom is pretty much having an internal cold civilwar between the nobles and the royall family. That's part of the reason why Gazef got almost killed back in season 1 cause he is loyal to a fault to the king only.
Mar 13, 2018 7:20 PM

Jan 2016
I mean, Sebas had no other choice than the killing attempt xD If he refused he would have been killed in seconds and everything he did up to that point would have been completely pointless. What calls my attention is Albedo though, we all knew she hates humans but she doesn't seem to be comfortable with the name "Ainz Ooal Gown" :O

And Jesus... The princess is just insane O.o
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 13, 2018 7:51 PM

Sep 2011
@Devansetiautamaa Please do not put unmarked spoilers. I don't want spoilers, and many other people don't either. Please edit your post where you quoted me to include spoiler tags, like so:

[spoiler]spoilerific stuff[/spoiler]
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Mar 13, 2018 7:52 PM

Mar 2017
Jesus, the amount of people who can't understand that this is an anime discussion thread. It's one thing to mention the parts of the LN pertinent to the discussion at hand, like the details left out in porting the LN into anime. It's another thing entirely to talk about events that are yet to happen in the anime (Albedo's future plans, the SK, and mostly Albedo's future plans).

And no, I already read the LN. You can't tell me to shut up and read the LN if I don't want to get spoiled.

Fluxje said:
The entire premise is that some evil omnipotent raidboss will take over that world, and this time we see it from his perspective.

Except that it's not. There's no evil overlord. There's a guy being dragged by his NPC minions' belief of what he should be and what he should have, which is an interesting conflict on its own and should be the franchise's main selling point because it's the best concept and execution it can offer.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Mar 13, 2018 7:56 PM
Mar 2016
if you dissapointed
save it and bring it out if season is over
ppl dont care about your though
but that isnt to forbid someone talk about his opinion
just patient wait after season over
Mar 13, 2018 8:22 PM
Sep 2016
MoeMoeKyun said:
Is renner someonr who will have long term interactions with nazarick? I was hoping someone could spoil me on what happens on her end if she isn't involved with aog that much

Yup she is.
She is necessary for their plan to conquer the kingdom.
Mar 13, 2018 8:28 PM

Aug 2015
LF2005 said:
overall liked the episode, but the decision of Sebas was bitter, would had prefer him to stand his ground and deny Ainz order to kill Tuare.

well for me it is a disappoint to find out the princess is not as sweet as she looks.

Can I ask what character is that in your forum signature? The dark hair one.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Mar 13, 2018 9:07 PM

Feb 2018
dasprn said:
TheInspiredConj said:
I would highly suggest everyone to read the light novel, especially for the 'Sebas Interrogation' part...

THEY F*CKING RUSHED IT!!!!

The feelings you get while reading the novel is extraordinary.. I was practically on the edge of my seat while reading it...

The anime didn't even have 1% of it...

I know that it's hard to animate each and every point from the novel.. but this was waayyyy too rushed....

Which part does it occur in the novel? Page and Chapter?

That would be Chapter 6 of Volume 6... :)
Mar 13, 2018 9:25 PM

Aug 2013
Weak ass humans gonna get the swift dicking of Sebas once he finds them...because he is piiiiiiissed.

So crazy yandere princess wants to keep Climb chained up as a pet dog, while basically just using his dick as a baby creator, and then marry the Marquis son as a political marriage, never do anything with him, let him fuck whoever he wants, and then she wants to pick one of those randoms kids who she shares no blood with to be her successor? Kind of a weird fucking plan. Then her kids with sex slave Climb will share her blood but wouldn't be royal heir candidates?

Dont see why she wouldnt just marry Climb in that case. Is she that worried about public appearance and perception? Would she even be taking the throne unless something happened to her half brother as well? The whole plan just seems wildly unnecessary to me.
Mar 13, 2018 9:27 PM

Dec 2016
shit episode

i hope to see Sebas-sama and some sexy pleiades kicking ass next week
Mar 13, 2018 9:29 PM

Apr 2008
Rudan said:
shit episode

You really are here just for mindless action aren't you?
Mar 13, 2018 9:35 PM

Dec 2016
Darklight0303 said:
Rudan said:
shit episode

You really are here just for mindless action aren't you?

absolutely, sexy ladies kicking ass is the best eye candy
Mar 13, 2018 10:01 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Renner proving to be best new girl in the series since Albedo. <3
Mar 13, 2018 10:04 PM

Sep 2013
So after getting so involved, and dropping the name Ainz Ooal Gown that she is to be protected, they decided to just leave her alone in the house before they leave.
Genius.
Mar 13, 2018 10:06 PM

Sep 2013
That kiss though >:3
Mar 13, 2018 10:13 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Overlord quality-great Episode
張大です for 張大勇督察
Mar 13, 2018 10:53 PM
Apr 2016
This Marquis sure has strange behavioural pattern, alright. Still, as expected, the heroes little by little draw closer to each other. Adventurers, Royalty, Nobles - they will form force enough to oppose the evil scum. Come it from Nazarick or the Princess Renner herself.
Re:formed
Mar 13, 2018 11:02 PM

Feb 2014
TheInspiredConj said:
dasprn said:

Which part does it occur in the novel? Page and Chapter?

Thanks. Really appreciate the help.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 14, 2018 12:13 AM

Apr 2012
The last scene with Albedo has me thinking about inconsistency in the writing. Can anyone from the LN readers clarify this:
- When Albedo was with Ains in the mausoleum; she was very adamant and pleading that she wanted him to stay with her and everyone as their ruler forever. She made it clear that she loves him dearly and unconditionally. That being said, why would she suddenly have misgivings on what he wants pertaining to rescuing a Tuare when she has multiple times declared her undying devotion towards Ains. As some have pointed out: Surely changing his name from Momon to Ains seems pretty frivolous when she's smart enough to know Ains is practically still the same person. If the author or writter goes with this then it seems rather weak to use that as a plot point to have her "change".
Janethan23Mar 14, 2018 1:21 AM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 14, 2018 1:36 AM
Oct 2015
This yandara princess is getting pretty sketchy, who that frighting smile and the sudden change in tone.
Also, Albeno with all those body pillows looking neat. ;O
Albeno in that final scene sort of scared me with that deep tone and the dialogue that went with it.
Heckle was here...
Mar 14, 2018 2:03 AM

Jan 2016
Zerity said:
I have a bad feeling about Albedo from that last scene.

Don't be, the reason she said that is because she despises the people who abandoned them (Momonga's friends) which is why she despises the supreme beings. She loves Momonga but not much for Ainz.
Mar 14, 2018 2:07 AM

Jan 2016
Killuan said:
MarcusAseth said:

This time is Sebas turn, he turns out to be just another piece of sh*t, he would murder that girl without hesitation just to protect his position.
Also princess psycho, let's not talk about that, marrying 5y old while planning to be fu*kin a guy in chains .

Meh --- either overrated anime or not my taste, or both. 2/5

I'm not sure if that's the right way to look at it. Lets assume Sebas decided to not follow Ain's instruction. What then? It's not like he could win a fight against them and as punishment they would have surely killed Tsuare. This outcome was only possible with Sebas following Ain's orders. It was beyond his ability to save her.

The girl would have died already but due to this "curse" Sebas is talking about he can't leave her to death. Sebas would do anything for Nazarick and the reason for his sweating is due to the fact that it would be a shame to die as a traitor to the supreme being. Loyalty comes first mah friend.
Mar 14, 2018 2:18 AM

Mar 2017
Janethan23 said:
The last scene with Albedo has me thinking about inconsistency in the writing. Can anyone from the LN readers clarify this:
- When Albedo was with Ains in the mausoleum; she was very adamant and pleading that she wanted him to stay with her and everyone as their ruler forever. She made it clear that she loves him dearly and unconditionally. That being said, why would she suddenly have misgivings on what he wants pertaining to rescuing a Tuare when she has multiple times declared her undying devotion towards Ains. As some have pointed out: Surely changing his name from Momon to Ains seems pretty frivolous when she's smart enough to know Ains is practically still the same person. If the author or writter goes with this then it seems rather weak to use that as a plot point to have her "change".

We don't know the full extent of Albedo's settings and how the last line Ainz input in affected them. That being said, the author tends to not setup things clearly and often just introduce something on the spot because he needed it. Case in point: the reveal of World Class Items. It wasn't established beforehand what they were. They just came out of nowhere and left readers going what?

If Albedo's settings was established, we, the consumers, might have been more involved in the story, theorycrafting left and right with a wealth of details to back us up. Sadly it's not and we're left with lesser conjectures of what we think Overlord will be, going forward. Sadly.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Mar 14, 2018 2:49 AM

Jan 2013
Hey isn't the princess is the same kind of Albedo? psycho
Mar 14, 2018 3:37 AM
Jul 2017
LF2005 said:
overall liked the episode, but the decision of Sebas was bitter, would had prefer him to stand his ground and deny Ainz order to kill Tuare.

well for me it is a disappoint to find out the princess is not as sweet as she looks.
if he actually denies his orders he would be killed on the spot and tsuare as well
Mar 14, 2018 3:46 AM
Jul 2017
lihle808 said:
Devansetiautamaa said:

Next till the end episode i think we're not going to see Albedo.. instead shalltear will show up in episode 11 or 12
What the? Then what what about the order issued by Ains? But if it's like that then this season was a waste for sure.
the order was for her to prepare the troops and demiurge will command them,worry not demiurge's gonna do a good job
Mar 14, 2018 3:51 AM
Jul 2017
Retolee said:
So after getting so involved, and dropping the name Ainz Ooal Gown that she is to be protected, they decided to just leave her alone in the house before they leave.
Genius.
there's a reason though,sebas actually considered taking her along.but doing that would make it necessary to make her show up in their business,talking with people.tsuare's still afraid of strangers,it doesn't show in the episode because when she got called there aren't any humans there
Mar 14, 2018 3:51 AM
Mar 2017
I thought we might get another treason plot with albedo smh
Mar 14, 2018 3:54 AM
Jul 2017
Janethan23 said:
from what i know someone said that albedo would love it if ainz took the name Ainz Ooal Gown if he intended to make it his own name,however the reason ainz did that was to share glory with his guildmates.while albedo thinks that Nazarick only belongs to ainz now
Mar 14, 2018 5:13 AM

Sep 2014
Good to finally see some more Ainz!
Tsuare kissing Sebas was really sweet <3
Loved Raeven's reaction to Renner's proposal haha.
Kidnapping Tsuare lol, those guys are so fucked ^^
This series needs more Albedo.
Mar 14, 2018 5:48 AM

Feb 2018
dasprn said:
TheInspiredConj said:

Thanks. Really appreciate the help.

Welcome.... Happy To Help :)
Mar 14, 2018 6:17 AM

Mar 2010
Tony_SansNom said:
LF2005 said:

It is Ayase Aragaki from Oreimo
Mar 14, 2018 6:36 AM

Aug 2015
LF2005 said:
Tony_SansNom said:

It is Ayase Aragaki from Oreimo

Oh... thanks for the answer.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Mar 14, 2018 6:38 AM

Mar 2010
398288 said:
LF2005 said:

if he actually denies his orders he would be killed on the spot and tsuare as well

nop, he wouldn't, he will had heard his reasons and accepted them, especially if he where to say 'I was only following "Touch Me"s ideals'. also he doesn't wants absolute obedience but rather wants for them to get their own personalities & conscience. Shalltear's Arc's totally denies that outcome.
Mar 14, 2018 6:43 AM

Apr 2008
LF2005 said:
398288 said:

nop, he wouldn't, he will had heard his reasons and accepted them, especially if he where to say 'I was only following "Touch Me"s ideals'. also he doesn't wants absolute obedience but rather wants for them to get their own personalities & conscience. Shalltear's Arc's totally denies that outcome.

No that would not work since that Ainz was not AInz but Pandora's actor. You completely fail to understand how things work. Not to mention Sebas has NO KNOWLEDGE of what happened with Coccytus since he was already deployed.
Mar 14, 2018 8:04 AM

Mar 2010
Darklight0303 said:
LF2005 said:

No that would not work since that Ainz was not AInz but Pandora's actor. You completely fail to understand how things work. Not to mention Sebas has NO KNOWLEDGE of what happened with Coccytus since he was already deployed.

did I mentionned Coccytus ? no I didn't, though I can faintly grasp what conclutions you are jumping to. but it is even less likelly that Sebas will be killed in the spot if that wasn't Ainz, 1st. he is no small fry, 2nd Pandora's Actor wouldn't do anything whitout consulting Ainz 1st, 3rd those two are the least blood thirsty of Nazarick.

PS
I did mentioned way back Cocytus as an example of someone who acted on is ideals and not hided them. Most likely Sebas doesn't know about it but I never said he does, not even implied it.
LF2005Mar 14, 2018 8:22 AM
Mar 14, 2018 8:16 AM

Dec 2017
MarcusAseth said:
I am disappointed by this episode, losing faith in the serie.

I am not saying the anime is bad, I am saying that if you look for a "Law/Good" aligned character to empathize with, which is also reasonable OP on the level of the other characters, then you're left without one.
Every episode a new character turns out to be a piece of sh*t, just like in Game of Thrones, so one like me would feel lost.

This time is Sebas turn, he turns out to be just another piece of sh*t, he would murder that girl without hesitation just to protect his position.
Also princess psycho, let's not talk about that, marrying 5y old while planning to be fu*kin a guy in chains .

Meh --- either overrated anime or not my taste, or both. 2/5

To be honest, episode is just rushed, it is nowhere near original novel. In novel it is pretty good explained, all their thoughts and motives, here - bang bang bang - new scene, even though the previous one left viewer confused. It is really hard to watch this anime at this point, they butchered one of my favourite tomes of LN way too much.
Mar 14, 2018 8:17 AM

Mar 2016
Yep, I remembered Ninya and how she was tortured and killed by Clementine. As long as Tuare abandon her attachments and be with Sebas, it's all gonna be fine since Ainz allowed her to live in Nazarick and will protect her...

Dammit, the 6 fingers kidnapped her! She was the only one in the mansion so that makes sense. Well, it's time to see a part of what was shown in the opening!
Mar 14, 2018 9:55 AM

Jun 2016
Now that the Eight fingers have gone ahead and abducted that girl, the Ains Ooal Gown hammers gonna destroy them all !!
Mar 14, 2018 12:42 PM

Apr 2012
I hope Shalltear goes with the rescue team.
She might end up meeting either Brain or Stronoff.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 14, 2018 1:34 PM

Jul 2016
Meh, kind of boring episode
Mar 14, 2018 3:10 PM

Oct 2017
Climb you better get your ass outa that castle before you end up in a dungeon. I hope Tuare is rescued in the next ep, I don't want her killed off.
Mar 14, 2018 3:44 PM
Mar 2018
Okay, so here's the thing about Albedo. She is in love with Momonga but hates Ainz Ooal Gown. She doesn't hate the name itself, but rather what it represents as a whole. The name Ainz Ooal Gown represents the entire 41 supreme beings. Albedo hates the other 40 beings(Yes, even her creator) because not only did they abandon the npcs, but they also left Ainz all alone(The trampled flag in her room is the flag for AOG and the one hung at the back is Momonga's personal flag). Ainz is incredibly lonely, it is just not showed that well in the anime. Albedo created an elite group in order to search for players in the new world, but it is also implied that she made the group so that she could kill the other supreme beings if they ever showed up.
Mar 14, 2018 7:02 PM
Jul 2017
OH MY GOD IT'S GOING TO FALL APART AHASIDPNAKFNMSDF
Mar 15, 2018 1:54 AM
Jul 2017
LF2005 said:
398288 said:

ainz was not even there in the first place,and the guardians were totally ready to kill sebas when he makes a wrong move,cocytus standing behind sebas was in a perfect position to use his halberd,since he's already being suspected.Also if he said that he feels that following Touch Me's ideals is a curse,he'll also be killed on the spot by the guardians for his lack of respect towards the Supreme Beings and he knows it
Mar 15, 2018 2:47 AM

Apr 2008
398288 said:
LF2005 said:

ainz was not even there in the first place,and the guardians were totally ready to kill sebas when he makes a wrong move,cocytus standing behind sebas was in a perfect position to use his halberd,since he's already being suspected.Also if he said that he feels that following Touch Me's ideals is a curse,he'll also be killed on the spot by the guardians for his lack of respect towards the Supreme Beings and he knows it

Preeeeecisely. Gods some people really don't understand how Nazarick functions
Mar 15, 2018 3:17 AM

Nov 2015
Is it just me or does anyone else miss some ainz action :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2018 3:48 AM

Jul 2015
The ending was so obvious it hurts. OF COURSE SHE WAS GONNA GET KIDNAPPED BEING LEFT ALONE THERE. Anyway, off to go save her now I guess. Rest of it was...decent I guess but it seems the novel handled this bit far better than the anime did according to everyone else.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2018

288 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2018

197 by RayousSR »»
Apr 24, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2018

254 by WienGirl »»
Apr 21, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2018

174 by Matheus050 »»
Feb 25, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

354 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 5:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.