Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2018 4:11 AM

Jul 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wow, just wow. A dialogue-free, yet one hell of an intense chapter. Utsuro seems to be undergoing his final development.

That Shoyo/little Gin moment is going to be heartbreaking once animated. :"(
b-okiyaJan 19, 2018 4:42 AM
Jan 19, 2018 4:12 AM
Dec 2016
The end seems to occur faster than I imagine. We see a combo attack with the Yato family, starring Kagura and a Shinsegumi attack starring Shinpachi, and finally Shoyou-sensei came back at the end. The strange fact with this way is that all the guys in space will not have importance now ( so Takasugi and Katsura, 2 others mains Shoyou's students, will not fight Utsuro at all).

This chapter was intense and I had for the first time the feeling that it will end very soon. But I'm kinda disappointed from this "happy ending" with kinda friendship power, and to not have the fight between the 3 students and the sensei. Also I really hope that there will happen something bad, cos I don't want an happy ending (at least not an absolute victory), maybe some stuff with the spaceship falling on earth. I am expecting a non-expected ending.

I hope that my english wasn't that bad, this isn't my native language :D
Jan 19, 2018 4:14 AM
Dec 2016
End that chapter ending, just wow, kind of the revenge of for the "you know that your sword can't reach me" moments from the first fight between these two
Jan 19, 2018 4:24 AM

Jul 2015
Nobraniarcanin said:
The end seems to occur faster than I imagine. We see a combo attack with the Yato family, starring Kagura and a Shinsegumi attack starring Shinpachi, and finally Shoyou-sensei came back at the end. The strange fact with this way is that all the guys in space will not have importance now ( so Takasugi and Katsura, 2 others mains Shoyou's students, will not fight Utsuro at all).

This chapter was intense and I had for the first time the feeling that it will end very soon. But I'm kinda disappointed from this "happy ending" with kinda friendship power, and to not have the fight between the 3 students and the sensei. Also I really hope that there will happen something bad, cos I don't want an happy ending (at least not an absolute victory), maybe some stuff with the spaceship falling on earth. I am expecting a non-expected ending.

Maybe Gin will die alongside Utsuro? I really consider that possibility.
Jan 19, 2018 4:40 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
This was just an all-out battle against Utsuro, but this chapter was so intense! It might be standard shounen stuff, but the action choreography is top notch like usual. And the dialogues too, man, it really does give a vibe that Gintama's about to end. Seeing everyone work together is so much fun!

5/5
Jan 19, 2018 12:27 PM
Aug 2013
I screamt a bit, i must say. Oh... My... God, that was so intense. In the last chapter(s), i could see Shoyo's return and it seems i was right.

This manga is starting to kill me, little by little.And i think i like it.
Jan 19, 2018 1:31 PM

Jul 2015
I'm not buying that this is the Final Blow(most likely Hitsugi will come out of nowhere and take the blow), usually when a strike happen it actually happens in the chapter it was set up to do

and I think Asameon and Joui 3 still need to play a role(Sachi to, but I expect a gag with him mostly)
Sup...
Jan 19, 2018 1:39 PM
Aug 2013
b-okiya said:
Nobraniarcanin said:

Maybe Gin will die alongside Utsuro? I really consider that possibility.

I was thinking about it actually... In fact, i could see Gintoki becoming the Kabukicho's "guardian" as Otose's husband.
Jan 20, 2018 11:23 AM
Jun 2016
I wouldn’t mind a happy ending for this series tbh, some of the best endings out there (Rurouni Kenshin and FMA) have happy endings, they just have to be done well. But I this chaoter was great, those kast 3-4 pages of Utsuro seeing Gin as a child were god damn fantastic. Very excited and emotional for this.
Jan 20, 2018 12:04 PM

Aug 2009
that last page..... :(
Jan 20, 2018 12:09 PM

Jul 2015
jpablojr said:
I wouldn’t mind a happy ending for this series tbh, some of the best endings out there (Rurouni Kenshin and FMA) have happy endings, they just have to be done well. But I this chaoter was great, those kast 3-4 pages of Utsuro seeing Gin as a child were god damn fantastic. Very excited and emotional for this.

Yeah surely. It's not that if it wasn't a sad/bittersweet ending then it wouldn't be great. Also actually we've had so many deaths since the SA arc so far.

It just needs to be done well, and I'm positive Sorachi will do it the best way.
Jan 20, 2018 2:12 PM
Jun 2016
b-okiya said:
jpablojr said:

Yeah surely. It's not that if it wasn't a sad/bittersweet ending then it wouldn't be great. Also actually we've had so many deaths since the SA arc so far.

It just needs to be done well, and I'm positive Sorachi will do it the best way.

Assassination Classrooms ending was bittersweet and so was Shaman King (real ending) and yeah I agree, no matter what route of ending Sorachi will take I’m fully competent in his writing skills to deliver
Jan 20, 2018 2:53 PM

Dec 2013
That family combo was great!

It’s time for Gintoki to end Utsuro.
Jan 20, 2018 8:08 PM

Mar 2015
utsuro confused, because human hope...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 20, 2018 11:39 PM

Dec 2016
If Gintoki dies, I bet it'll be the one of the saddest death in anime or manga. Sorachi, I have faith in you.
War really is cruel, heh?Whether you win or not, you always lose more than you gain.
The victor can still console themselves by counting their gains,
but the defeated can only count everything they've lost.
-Kondo Isao-
Jan 21, 2018 7:20 AM

Mar 2015
How is it possible for a manga to be this GREAT? Those flashbacks hit the feels.
Jan 21, 2018 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
Good chapter with Yorozuya, Shinsengumi & Yato opposing Utsuro with their last energy but I think this battle is a little bit too quick to end like this..

btw I was really hoping that the final battle was Zura, Gin & Shin vs. Utsuro, that would have been dope.
Jan 21, 2018 1:39 PM

Aug 2009
Shi-ba-ta said:
Good chapter with Yorozuya, Shinsengumi & Yato opposing Utsuro with their last energy but I think this battle is a little bit too quick to end like this..

btw I was really hoping that the final battle was Zura, Gin & Shin vs. Utsuro, that would have been dope.

I think sorachi will make them apper just like what he did with the Shinsengumi..
Jan 22, 2018 2:45 AM

Mar 2017
Is a scar in Gintoki's right eye.
Sorachi why ; v ; ?????????
Jan 22, 2018 6:11 AM
Dec 2016
More than anything, I'm just happy that Shinpachi is still alive and doing real damage to Utsuro.

Go Glasses.
Jan 29, 2018 9:35 AM

Jan 2016
Think about this, Utsuro. You're human too, why so confused?

Yeah, where Asameon and Joui 3? At least they need a role before end.
Aug 13, 2018 3:56 AM

Feb 2013
Shouyou will suppress Utsuro?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama Chapter 487 Discussion

SilentTruth - Mar 26, 2014

6 by GreatestSaltboy »»
Apr 12, 3:02 AM

Poll: » JUMP MV /『Gintama』×『Samurai Heart (Some Like It Hot!!)』| SPYAIR

LittleStar - Jan 6

0 by LittleStar »»
Jan 6, 10:06 AM

Poll: » JUMP MV /『Gintama』×『Shura』| DOES

LittleStar - Jan 6

0 by LittleStar »»
Jan 6, 10:00 AM

» Gintama, the popularity vote has started! Who will you vote for?

kihel - Dec 18, 2023

2 by mokkocchi »»
Dec 19, 2023 1:22 AM

Poll: » Gintama Chapter 142 Discussion

VARIAchan - Feb 1, 2011

3 by tcandy19 »»
Jul 1, 2023 10:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.