Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 14, 2018 4:41 AM

Jul 2014
So last week's cliffhanger was quite literally pointless in every way imaginable, while the rest of the episode was pretty good, even if it did repeat the show's formula again (and the problem with that is that I'm not really concerned at all, as we know she'll end up surviving like nothing ever happened (remember when she got stabbed in the chest, for instance?)).
Jan 14, 2018 6:18 AM

Dec 2015
That was literally the best story about a succubus that I have ever seen anywhere (granted that's not a lot of stuff, but still)
Absolutely beautiful, the feels are real.
Jan 14, 2018 7:45 AM

Nov 2011
Eh, they really shouldn't rely on cliffhangers if they are gonna be solved in the first 5 minutes of the next episode.

Episode was okay but I can't say I felt much
Baby, daijobanai...
Jan 14, 2018 8:48 AM

Feb 2014
The whole episode was boring and then there's a new cliffhanger.... I'm starting to like less this show
Jan 14, 2018 10:26 AM

Jun 2012
Next episode is going to be hugeeeeeee

Jan 14, 2018 10:31 AM

Jul 2015
Gosh, I'm such a crybaby. I can't, these feelings...

And next is judgment day for Chise, lol.
Jan 14, 2018 11:08 AM

Jul 2017
MomoSinX said:
Welp, sadly it didn't have much of an impact compared to the manga. They really should have done this with 2 episodes imo.

I really don't get the director, the previous 2 episodes (before this) were too drawn out and this one just rushed things.

The pacing from 1-11 was pretty good but it's all over the place now.

Oh well, next ep will treat us to something happy at least.

Oh man yeah I really agree with you there! I haven’t seen anyone talk about the pacing though but I’ve felt such a difference recently. The fox Chise plot seemed so much more interesting to me than the rest of this episode which I just didn’t feel that much for. At least I’m excited for the next one.

Still, Chise committing taboo and dying for an old dude to see some tiddies is a bit much haha
Jan 14, 2018 11:12 AM

Jul 2017
Raon said:
The whole episode was boring and then there's a new cliffhanger.... I'm starting to like less this show

Which is such a shame since the first 10ish episodes were so amazing. I’m really hoping this next arc picks the show back up...
Jan 14, 2018 11:44 AM

May 2015
To sums up this episode. Lol I'm fox. <5 secs later> Fuck it. Im going back. xD

RIP Joel.

"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 14, 2018 11:45 AM
Nov 2016
Damn, that left me with a lump in my throat. Joel-san is dead....

Fuck that cliffhanger.
Jan 14, 2018 11:51 AM
Sep 2016
DAT PIANO!! This episode was very beatiful and sad, i love this short story(?) of the Joel and the Vampire Girl. The OST was performed very well and improve the emotion of the scenes.
Fewer anime makes me drop a manly tear and this is one of those, only with this single episode.
Jan 14, 2018 12:04 PM

May 2010
idk about you guys but Redcurrant is the hottest character ever to be in highly revealing clothes. Usually such characters aren't my type but she is an exception. I still would like more of her in the future, good emotional episode. And I am worried for Chise now.
Jan 14, 2018 12:21 PM

Aug 2016
It was a nice and beautiful (and oh so very sad) episode.

I do get fed up however with the constant "We're on the end of the episode so something terrible happens with Chise".
Jan 14, 2018 12:38 PM
Jun 2016
I wish there had been more time dedicated to Chise being a werebeast fox and wandering around, maybe figuring out more about herself in the process, before Elias went to find her, or to let her decide for herself whether or not to go back :/ still curious about the guy that gave her the fox hide...

Oh Joel...I'm glad he was able to see her at the end, quite a cute love story. I was kind of confused though, did he know what Redcurrant was the whole time, or did the fae ointment give him an understanding as well as sight?

I have to say that so far, my only complaint about this show is that each new adventure only lasts for half an episode to a couple episodes with other things in between. There has been growth and understanding with the characters but I feel like more could be fleshed out quicker.

For the upcoming episode though, I knew it wouldn't turn out well once Oberon found out XD Gotta love him
Jan 14, 2018 12:56 PM

Feb 2014
Although Chise in her fox form looked really beautiful, it didn't last long as she did a quick U-turn and decided to stay with Elias. She might passed the test by the hooded guy, but it did feel a little lackluster.

Joel's death was pretty emotional, as Chise made fairy ointment that helped him she the Sidhe. The insert song helped to make the scene even more powerful on the feels-o-meter. T_T

However, making the ointment definitely took a toll on Chise as after giving the ointment to Oberon, she coughed up blood. I hope she'll get better next time, although the preview for the next episode looks pretty tense though.
Jan 14, 2018 2:47 PM

Sep 2013
For those wondering, the first part of the episode was kinda pointless, yes, but the fox's skin is going to be used again later so it's good that she has it.

This episode was definitely stronger than the chapter with the music...
Jan 14, 2018 2:55 PM
Mar 2017
14 episodes, and I still think that Chise should train his body (muscles, etc)
Does she stay 24 hours a day drinking tea, or playing with the little wolf?
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jan 14, 2018 4:34 PM

Jan 2014
Damn she dead. It's over guys. Can't say I care for Chise that much, tbh. She's very.. plain? And then they use her backstory to get you to like her repeatedly. I'm not saying I "dislike" her. But I also don't "like" her.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 15, 2018 3:15 AM
Oct 2017
/heavy sigh/ oh no, could it be the 14th cliffhanger in a row ? amazing
ALSO little science : one cannot survive 5days of no sleep so this was ridiculous from the start
BUT I guess it being impossible for humans to make was part of the point : humans SHOULDN'T do it, that's what we're getting next week obviously
Again, congratulations on Elias for being such a lame caregiver lol
Jan 15, 2018 4:13 AM

Jul 2016
That's so sad episode, its worth waiting for the second half of the leanan sidhe and joel story animated. Again a cliffhanger, this show really loves cliffhanger.
Jan 15, 2018 5:19 AM

Jun 2016
What an emotional episode, I cried. It was so sweeet and so warm. Oh god.

Since I was so lost for why Redcurrant was being blame by Elias for Joel-san's death. I just googled what on earth "leánnan sídhe" is and apparently it's a type of fairy also vampires that take on a humanoid appearance that consumes the blood of human and in return grants them great talent. I guess in the case of Joel-san, what she gave him is the "planting whatchamacallit".

Life Draining: As a price for their inspirational presence, leannán sídhe drink the blood of their lovers, granting them great artistic ability but also slowly killing them. Leannán sídhe have no control over this ability and spending too much time with a mortal will slowly drain him/her of their lifeforce, whether she is aware or not.

Goddamn.

Just the whole interaction between Redcurrant and Joel-san, maaan. I ship them two so much and it hurts me that they'll never be together. Waaaah. But headcanon that once Redcurrant pass on (if she will), Joel-san will meet her then they'll live happily ever after. Hahaha. ;-;

Goddamn. I want to see Elias' reaction when Chise coughed out blood. Waaah. Oberon, what the fuck? But yeah it was a taboo for a human to create/make such magic. I mean Elias warned Chise. Still want to see his reaction.

Great episode yet again. 5/5. <3

FrozenRaider said:
To sums up this episode. Lol I'm fox. <5 secs later> Fuck it. Im going back. xD

Ohmygod literally me throughout that scene like what the fuck? That was it? Hahaha.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 15, 2018 5:42 AM

Apr 2013
Simply magical and beautiful, this episode goes right into the list among the best episodes I've ever seen. The scene where the song plays in the background was very touching, it's been a while I've felt such a strong emotion in anime before.

Jan 15, 2018 7:51 AM
Jan 2016
This episode is really beautiful, so many feels. Is all about love, many people say that love is blind, everything that seems irrational will become rational in love. But many people also say that love is beautiful, yeah, that's true. Great eps, but I think Chise is push herself too much, you know, her body is weak from the start and she didn't sleep 5 days in a row...even a normal human will not be fine after that...
Jan 15, 2018 8:20 AM

Aug 2015
Redcurrant is so beautiful, I pity her, for spend eternity waiting for your loved one that will probably never return. It's an interesting emotional episode that impressed me. The scenes with Chise in fox form were very beautiful.
Jan 15, 2018 9:56 AM

Dec 2015
A very emotionally poignant episode. The garden scene right before Joel's passing was breathtakingly beautiful, and the insert song that was paired along with it really drove the scene home. The simplicity and innocence of the love story was also executed delicately without any unnecessary contrivances.

I felt like this episode was as much about Joel and Redcurrant as it is about Chise and Elias' blooming relationship. I am glad that this show finally managed to stand back on its feet after a past couple of episodes of slow-paced burn.

Look forward to next week's episode.

This would make a great signature.
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Jan 15, 2018 11:31 AM

Dec 2015
Username23489023 said:
Same setup as the cat/black goo arc.

Chise finds unhappy couple
Chise does something OP
Chise makes couple happy
Chise gets sick
Elias takes care of Chise.

I’d wish they’d move on with her character and not repeat the same plot devices over and over again.

I’ll give it a few more episodes.

god i agree

hope they change it up though
Jan 15, 2018 12:50 PM

Mar 2012
I don't know how I'm supposed feel something for what's basically a succubus dressed in skimpy lingerie and some old dude.
Jan 15, 2018 1:47 PM

Jun 2012
This was so rushed that I was confused about what was going on at all. Characters are introduced and disappear just like that. I mean, come on. What happened to the awesomeness of the first half of the show?
Jan 15, 2018 5:02 PM

May 2015
Damn it, this episode ;__;....

Jan 15, 2018 6:09 PM

Nov 2008
That was a pretty sad episode, the end has me really worried for chise. I hope everything will turn out alright.

Jan 15, 2018 7:22 PM

Jul 2012
I take back that the OP song is just okay. It's pretty good. I just wish they didn't compile clips from the show to make the animation for it.

I know last week's cliffhanger was resolved really soon, but this one looks pretty serious. Poor Chise :(
Jan 15, 2018 8:46 PM
Jul 2015
Damn seeing Joel and the vampire animated was even more impactful than reading it. I definitely cried. One of my favorite moments from the manga too...just beautifully done :,)

And now onto the next with a great cliffhanger!
Jan 15, 2018 10:55 PM

Nov 2017
That was some ending god damn it.
Jan 16, 2018 12:34 AM

Oct 2008
What an emotional episode especially for Redcurrant.
oh noes, bad thing happened again to Chise!? what's with the black vomit thing that Chise let out!?!?
5/5.

Jan 17, 2018 11:26 AM

Mar 2016
Amazing episode! The feels has infected me and I think I would live to next episode :()
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2018 1:04 PM

Mar 2011
Great episode but that cliffhanger...
Jan 17, 2018 9:22 PM
Aug 2017
I must have a stone heart because I felt absolutely nothing during this episode

good thing I didn't hype this anime or it would have been a huge disappointment, I'm finding it pretty average
Jan 18, 2018 10:27 AM

Apr 2015
Despite a decent episode I'm rapidly losing interest on this, I may even drop this shortly. Heart of the problem is that none of the characters are really appealing for me
Jan 18, 2018 11:55 AM

Nov 2011
I had already imagined before watching this episode, but despite this, the tears came out the same, this anime is terrifying, in a good way. Pleasant narration, even this time manages to get excited and be unpredictable at the same time. interesting references in the magic field. Who knows what happens now to poor Chise. Excellent soundtrack.

bunny1998 said:
this series is the reason I am beginning to like the slice of life genre

Welcome to the club! :D
Jan 18, 2018 2:58 PM

Oct 2015
Good riddance to that awkward love between Joel and that vampire. I hope they won't show them again, more like her since she remained there.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 19, 2018 12:20 PM
Oct 2014
fuck man, i was hopefull that the sucubbus lovestory was just filler :(, sad to see it end like that
Jan 19, 2018 8:42 PM
Oct 2015
Like how Elias is realistic about things, and doesn't try sugar coat things
Heckle was here...
Jan 20, 2018 6:44 AM

Jan 2013
Damn...what a sad love story.
RIP Joel.
Chise will now have to pay for what she did?
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 21, 2018 2:03 AM

Jan 2009
I bawled during the Redcurrant and Joel scene whoops
Jan 22, 2018 10:33 AM

Jun 2015
I cried so much my sweater sleeves got soggy. OH MY GOD. ughhh!!!!

I love this series so much, it's gorgeous and everything I've been looking for in a new anime!!
{~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~}
My favorite anime: Sailor Moon, Noragami, Kamisama Kiss, Carole & Tuesday, HunterxHunter, & Little Witch Academia.
{~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~}
Jan 22, 2018 10:45 AM
May 2017
Almost all the episodes make me cry. I love this anime. It tugs at my emotion. I wish it doesnt end.
Jan 23, 2018 9:56 PM

Oct 2013
>People thought Redcurrant was just fanservice back when she first appeared.
>Her story made people cry.
That's the beauty of this anime. You never know what to expect from a character.
Jan 24, 2018 3:19 AM

Jul 2014
Joel & the Leanan Sidhe's story was sad. I really felt for them.
Jan 25, 2018 7:34 PM

Mar 2014
That went from uncontrollable tears to "OH SHIT" really quick.

The farewell scene was really beautiful. And he knew what she was the whole time! ;~;
Jan 26, 2018 1:51 AM

Jul 2009
I was thinking Chise would go away for a bit, but no.
It was sad to see Joel die...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Jul 26, 2017

375 by yelansh »»
Mar 30, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2018

266 by NotBonBon »»
Mar 24, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

81 by hales_comet »»
Feb 22, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

UrbanJahts - Jul 26, 2017

247 by hales_comet »»
Feb 21, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

189 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jan 12, 9:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.