Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 23, 2017 7:23 AM
Jan 2017
I've always wondered what it was like being high. I'm so curious!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 23, 2017 7:42 AM

Mar 2017
Google Sativa and Indica weed. And also the best way of learning is to experience !!
Dec 23, 2017 11:02 AM

Aug 2016
Depends you have two types, one makes you just want to lay down in your sofa, the other one makes you go for a walk in your mind.

However that doesen't mean you will necessarily have those effects, there are many factors that can affect how you will feel, it often has a amplified effect, meaning that if you feel good before smoking you will feel even better, if you feel bad you will feel worse. Even the place you smoke and if it's day time/night time can affect how you will feel.

That said the risk of having a bad experience is always there so I recommend you to do it at home or at a friends home if you have never done it before. Unlike 15 year old me who did it at night in
the woods.

If you have a bad experience just take deep breaths, and remind yourself that you are just tripping, weed is very safe you can't overdose, and literally no one has died with the direct cause being weed
EffulgenceDec 23, 2017 11:06 AM
Dec 23, 2017 11:20 AM

Feb 2015
I tried weed a couple of times, but I only managed to get high once. My head felt really weird and I had to laugh all the time. I remember my friend and me we played Resident Evil and I just couldn't get over how funny one of the zombies was looking.
Dec 23, 2017 11:21 AM

Aug 2013
It feels OK. It is first and foremost relaxing. It's like getting sedated, and stuff seems to move in slow motion; you want to lay down in a sofa and everything becomes more fun and interesting. I used to occasionally smoke hashish at parties during my late teens, but I don't do it anymore and have no plans to do it in the future. I have GAD and severe OCD, so it was a nice change of pace. Except for that time when I almost asphyxiated in a smoky bathroom while being both shitfaced and high as fuck, which was kinda discouraging.
MoogDec 23, 2017 11:33 AM
Dec 23, 2017 11:21 AM

Apr 2016
Its likt this: You see sounds and hear colors.
Dec 23, 2017 11:24 AM
Jul 2018
It's really relaxing and calming..

The world seemed kinda ephemeral and slow.

And no, no hallucations etc.
Dec 23, 2017 11:27 AM

Jul 2016
sometimes it depends on the way you have it. in general you
either feel quite mellowed out or like your brain's trying to come
up with several thoughts at once but can only concentrate on
one at a time for a few minutes before you forget everything.

grouper - no other

0:00 ●━━━━━━─────── 3:46

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

⁞⁞⁞ purple cause baal is my wife  ⁞⁞⁞
Dec 23, 2017 11:30 AM
Jul 2018
Life slows down real fast, as do you. To be honest, its best to learn from experience. I used to smoke all the time in highschool, but haven't done so in years and don't plan to in the future. It is just not for some people, but you will need to find out for yourself.
Dec 23, 2017 11:31 AM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
It depends on to many factors.
what kind of person you are, where you buy it, which country, quality, sativa/indica, hash/weed, posture, how many hours you slept that day, mental state, smoking pure/vaping/smoking with tobacco and a whole lot more.

I like it and I smoke pretty much daily for over 5 years. It is pretty relaxing and you think about stuff you normally don't think about. It is better then drinking and you don't trip you're just stoned and you never get a bad trip. If you just take what you want to take everything will be alright.
Dec 23, 2017 11:49 AM

May 2013
Swagernator said:

don't lie dude synasthesia is more likely to happen on Acid and even then that's pretty rare.

Getting high on weed just makes you feel like your head is twice as large, your mind gets really spaced out and your perceptions are highly altered.

It makes every little thing that happens seem more important.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Dec 23, 2017 1:02 PM

Aug 2016
Gan_water said:
Swagernator said:

don't lie dude synasthesia is more likely to happen on Acid and even then that's pretty rare.

Getting high on weed just makes you feel like your head is twice as large, your mind gets really spaced out and your perceptions are highly altered.

While it is true that such thing is very unlikely to happen with normal doses, however weed can have the same psychedelic effects as acid ect when you consume it as a edible with high enough dosage.
Dec 23, 2017 1:11 PM

May 2013
Effulgence said:
Gan_water said:

While it is true that such thing is very unlikely to happen with normal doses, however weed can have the same psychedelic effects as acid ect when you consume it as a edible with high enough dosage.

yeah, I've had edibles before so I know how high it can get you.

But true synasthesia actually is a result of Acid. While pot can have psychedelic effects such as hallucinations and 'visual shutterframing,' Synathesia is much more likely to happen on Acid.

Like when I did acid for my first time, I saw hallucinations like bark going up a tree like water, the ground turning into a bunch of spiders, everything turning into pixels like a videogame. And as you know if you've done acid it looks super HD lol, where as pot is a much more raw effect.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Dec 23, 2017 1:25 PM

Aug 2016
@Gan_water

Never took acid but i did take shrooms before, where effects are often reported to be similar as acid. I also smoked sativa before wich can also be very potent.

The thing with such kind of drugs tho is it's hard to tell someone what it's like since it's effects are very personal. There seem to be some effects that most people seem to get. But at the end of the day it's always a surprise what you are going to get.

There are even extreme cases were people took very high amounts of lsd and had no effects, or the opposite where they took little doses and had effects you need to take high doses like ego death for example
Dec 23, 2017 1:27 PM

May 2013
Effulgence said:
@Gan_water

Never took acid but i did take shrooms before, where effects are often reported to be similar as acid. I also smoked sativa before wich can also be very potent.

The thing with such kind of drugs tho is it's hard to tell someone what it's like since it's effects are very personal. There seem to be some effects that most people seem to get. But at the end of the day it's always a surprise what you are going to get.

There are even extreme cases were people took very high amounts of lsd and had no effects, or the opposite where they took little doses and had effects you need to take high doses like ego death for example

Uhuh but in general it's safe to say that Acid is a much more hallucinatory experience than weed, which basically just gets you baked, doesn't really make you trip or see patterns or anything.

Acid is more visual than even shrooms, though the high is pretty similar. Syntasthesia is definitely something you'd be more likely to get on LSD. Just sayin, as someone who has had the full effect of all of these drugs many times lol. Take it or leave it i ain't pullin your leg here hahah.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Dec 23, 2017 2:20 PM

Mar 2008
I've only had been high a couple times and wasn't really that high. 5 (did next to nothing for me) to 15 mg of THC. I know the exact amount I had some edibles/drinkables from dispensaries.

-felt anemic possibly from forgetting normal pattern of breathing. I haven't figured this out because I haven't heard anyine else deacribe this feeling.
-Mentally more in present moment increasing focus
-felt more depressed but kind of calm so itsw more of a melancholy. I've been told it's a mood enhancing effect but I think it's from increased focus on your thoughts that causes that effect
-food tastes better. I also assume this is from increased focus.
-more talkative and had an inner dialogue going about odd stuff

It has a smokey minty like taste. Cannabis is actually in the same family as hops which is what goes in beer.
Dec 23, 2017 2:39 PM

Apr 2017
I haven't smoked in years now, but I mean, you feel kind of dizzy, but in a good way. Other people mentioned relaxation, but only if you are in a relaxed ambient I believe. Still, I think weed is overrated. Also, not everyone reacts the same to it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2017 3:57 PM

Aug 2010
It makes anime 10x better. 20x if it's Gainax/Trigger.
Dec 23, 2017 4:41 PM

Dec 2015
For the first couple times, before you get a bit of a tolerance going, its mostly going to give you the giggles and maybe some paranoia. Really depends on how high you end up getting and you as a person/situation youre in.

Afterwards, idk, again a bit different for most. Some people are useless after they smoke, others cant seem to function without it. I generally smoke throughout the day, helps me relax, take the edge off, all the stereotypical stuff.

I've got a bit of social anxiety, and weed generally aggravates it rather than helps, but its not like it keeps me from lighting up before i head out the door.
Manga4DaysDec 23, 2017 4:51 PM
Dec 24, 2017 4:45 PM

Apr 2013
Other people say it feels good, but it didn't feel that way to me. I tried this thing called Master Jedi once when my co-worker invited me for drinks but ended up getting pressured into trying weed instead. It was uncomfortable, I felt dehydrated to the point I started coughing and I got lightheaded in the morning that's worse than a hangover. Depending on where you are, probably won't hurt to try it once.
Dec 24, 2017 5:29 PM

Aug 2013
It can be generally chill to spiritual or hyper-emotional. There's a lot of fun involved in smoking weed, and it encourages creative thought. You're probably best avoiding it though if you want to focus on staying healthy.
Dec 24, 2017 5:33 PM

Mar 2008
MarthePryde said:
It can be generally chill to spiritual or hyper-emotional. There's a lot of fun involved in smoking weed, and it encourages creative thought. You're probably best avoiding it though if you want to focus on staying healthy.

Smoking is unhealthy but I haven't noticed any bad info on vaping and edibles and other various forms with exception of regular use, people with heart conditions, and people predisposed to psychosis
Dec 24, 2017 5:35 PM

Jan 2009
i like to experience it too but THC is bad for my condition
Dec 25, 2017 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
Depends on what type ya get, they all have different side effects. Sometimes I get super happy and couch locked, creative. Other times it makes me want to clean my entire house and makes me very focused. Others I cant hold a single thought in my head and it makes it very hard to hold a conversation. And always it makes sex phenomenal, like mind blowing amazing. And music, oh the music. Probably why I could never stop, the music and the sex.
Dec 25, 2017 1:15 PM
Jul 2018
I don’t know but I’m high on life.
Dec 25, 2017 1:50 PM

Jul 2012
For some reason weed bugs my allergies, I may have been second hand high but I would not know.
Dec 25, 2017 3:57 PM

Jul 2015
Not a fan, time slows and for me, I feel like I'm wasting away lol. I enjoy it in very small quantities that don't last very long. If I had to pick though, I'd pick drinking over weed

I tried to play league while high, god that was terrible lol
☆ V E L V E T  (ハジメました) feel free to add/comment!

anime_list | BN_ID: #1404 | LoL: mmredvelvet

let's eat good food and play games together ~
Dec 26, 2017 1:39 PM

Sep 2012
Mol0ko said:
It makes anime 10x better. 20x if it's Gainax/Trigger.

Don't lie dude, weed will make you become one with the anime.

For real though, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned dry mouth. In addition to all the other physiological effects that have been mentioned, your mouth will dry out pretty rapidly, so keep liquids nearby. It can also cause throat irritation when you inhale it, although I'm not sure if it actually agitates the esophagus or just messes with the nerve receptors. I guess if you're burning it then you would experience actual agitation from the smoke, but if you're vaporizing it (Heating but not burning) then it shouldn't be as severe.
Dec 27, 2017 4:25 AM

Jul 2015
That's really hard to say, it really depends on how your body handles it, and what exactly it is you're smoking. You may take it and feel super relaxed, like a zombie, or you can be super paranoid and have an anxiety attack.
Dec 27, 2017 4:27 AM

Sep 2009
Your sense of time gets fucked, and your ability to focus dies.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 27, 2017 4:38 AM
Jul 2018
why get high on weed when you can get high in a plane.
Dec 27, 2017 9:14 AM
Jan 2017
r
ConstantDenial said:
why get high on weed when you can get high in a plane.

What if the plane crashes? You can't crash with weed unless if you drive with it.
Dec 27, 2017 9:48 AM

Aug 2016
You can be "stoned" or "high" while smoking, it depends on the type of weed. Sativa makes you "high" that makes you happy, energetic and creative.

The stuff people smoke when they go dancing at a club to be clear. Personally i prefer booze or a good coffee for the purpose.

Indica makes you "stoned" i.e. relaxed, sleepy, it enhances your sensations and makes you trip. I prefer that honestly even if i'm not that into smoking.

Just a friend's advice: never mix alcohol with weed and if it's your first time smoke with your friends and always only if you're in the mood. If you're down or anxious it will make things worse.
TrasimacoDec 27, 2017 9:52 AM
Ἄκουε δή, ἦ δ᾽ ὅς. φημὶ γὰρ ἐγὼ εἶναι τὸ δίκαιον οὐκ ἄλλο τι ἢ τὸ τοῦ κρείττονος συμφέρον.
Listen—I say that justice is nothing other than the advantage of the stronger.

Nov 3, 2020 10:06 AM
Jul 2018
The closest high feeling that I got to experience was when I was given anesthesia for a certain surgery. I suddenly became the most confident person ever.
Nov 3, 2020 4:09 PM

Aug 2015
I use it maybe once or twice a year.

Generally you need to choose if it is going to be fun and laughs or if it is going to be relaxing and zombie. There is a case for either.

If you want the fun and laughs - you need to have set the mood; have some friends around, drink a little, have fun doing stuff you like, like playing music and singing, playing gasmes, whatever is fun. If the mood is fun then only take a small amount and continue to drink a bit as well, and as long as it is kept happy and fun you can have a good time.

If you want to just mellow, then don't drink any alcohol with it, have a tiny bit more, and you will just sit there and mellow. I do this along with sex if I have the right person with me, as in the right conditions it can enhance the sex.

But generally, I could very well live without it, it's just there if I want it.
idk about you but the closer a girl gets to looking like ronald mcdonald, the more aroused i become. CAV

where can we cast our eyes to @PoruMairu who thinks of himself a member of the true church. Helion.
Nov 3, 2020 4:12 PM

Dec 2016
Smoke some and find it out yourself.
한 번만 살지만 제대로 하면 한 번이면 충분해요
Nov 3, 2020 4:14 PM

Aug 2012
I don't speak weed. I'm not jamaican
Nov 4, 2020 8:23 AM
Jul 2020
Never touched weed, but I'm curious on how it feels, lol.
Nov 4, 2020 8:56 AM

Sep 2020
I mean you only know it once you´ve tried, it´s like every time it´s a different thing
"If I get reincarnated… I wanna become a clam.” – Monkey D Luffy

Nov 4, 2020 9:15 AM

Jul 2020
Never do it. I remembered that I promised myself never to do it, but the first time is the greatest. Afterward, you just can't get enough of it. Just imagine being extremely joyful and that being in a constant state. Then you feel the munchies and crave snacks and stuff.
Nov 5, 2020 4:26 AM
Jul 2018
Everything gets quiet and you start to feel sleepy, you say whatever comes to mind and have a delayed sense of actions. People who smoke ALOT make it seem like they can function regularly on it but nah. I've only smoked once before, it helped alot with the stress but I was extremely paranoid when it all happened.
Nov 5, 2020 6:16 AM
Sep 2020
I wonder if getting high is like being light headed then you just see imaginary things and start tripping, lmao. Also, I wanna know if it feels relaxing and good while being high on weed. But, I'm only 15 and I would never do drugs lmao.
Nov 5, 2020 6:32 AM

Jul 2015
Neoguri-ramen said:
Everything gets quiet and you start to feel sleepy, you say whatever comes to mind and have a delayed sense of actions. People who smoke ALOT make it seem like they can function regularly on it but nah. I've only smoked once before, it helped alot with the stress but I was extremely paranoid when it all happened.

It's like everything, you build up tolerance. Me and my best friend, we harvest every year for the same winemaker in Champagne. At first people smoked with us, but we smoke so much and such strong weed that the word spread and nowadays people warn newcomers not to smoke on our joints during the day lmao. Even my employer only smokes on them when he's about to go to bed nowadays :'^)

But me and my friend? Pfffft, it's like cigs at this point *sighs*

Interestingly, a 50+ yo coworker asked to smoke, and I'm glad she followed my advice and took only one puff, because she almost started panicking in the afternoon :'^). If a stoner tells you "one or two puffs max" kisten to him plz
DeathkoNov 5, 2020 6:36 AM
Nov 5, 2020 1:57 PM

Jul 2020
4Dss said:
I wonder if getting high is like being light headed then you just see imaginary things and start tripping, lmao. Also, I wanna know if it feels relaxing and good while being high on weed. But, I'm only 15 and I would never do drugs lmao.

If you really want to get high without drugs, just take a bunch of cough syrup and let it happen. It was the first time I got high. It was pretty good ngl.
Nov 5, 2020 2:00 PM

Apr 2014
It’s like opening your mind and then shutting the fucking door closed like BAM BITCH
oh snap
Oct 28, 2021 11:57 AM
Oct 2021
Ha ha, the pictures amuse me. Marijuana marijuana.... what are you doing?!
Oct 28, 2021 3:01 PM

Aug 2012
I only been contact and it felt like a migraine.
Oct 28, 2021 3:46 PM

Apr 2020
For me it felt like floating and my friends and I would just laugh and chill. In some cases it could make you paranoid too
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Oct 28, 2021 5:02 PM
Jul 2018
I don’t smoke weed anymore but when I did the experience could range from blissful, chaotic, relaxing, anxiety inducing, munchy madness, to intense headache…. Lol it’s totally dependent on atmosphere, tolerance and strain.
Oct 28, 2021 5:28 PM
Jul 2018
I had once or twice really bad one... or I had too much alcohol with it.
I just was incredibly hungry, but my legs felt like there were a ton of weight on them, so I couldn't get up really and just felt dizzy in general. Not the good kind of dizzy tho.
Before it wore off, I had really bad anxiety. So I don't know... that was my first experience with it and it was shitty.

Other times, I just felt really relaxed and the most comfortable thing was that I couldn't overthink that much and the train of thoughts you are having isn't stressing you out.

I'm not smoking at parties anymore tho, or I don't actively plan to, I rather smoke as a self medication, kind of, against ptsd anxiety and so, if I own something at that moment.

Not exactly legal, but who cares, it works better than the daily medication amd is just relaxing, maybe a few times a year.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you believe that scientific theory are just a theory and scientific consensus are just opinions?

deg - 7 minutes ago

0 by deg »»
7 minutes ago

» is blocking users a admitance of cowardice?

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

30 by Rhae »»
8 minutes ago

» Do you have a skin care routine? ( 1 2 3 )

456371000 - May 14, 2020

115 by DesuMaiden »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » How will things look in 40 - 50 years?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 7

38 by DesuMaiden »»
31 minutes ago

» Hottest non Hollywood actor on YouTube?

scarydragon - Apr 28

8 by DesuMaiden »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.