Forum Settings
Forums

What anime do you think can drag in others?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 6, 2016 4:24 AM

Nov 2004
keragamming said:
Crystal said:
I am very surprised people are responding to a thread I posted 9 years ago....

Dude you're like a ancient relic, it's rare to see someone that joined this site since 2004. Respect dude for still being around.

Edit: my apology, you're actually a female.

So ancient I don't know why I'm still alive hahahaha. You will only find two people who joined before me.... the site creator and one other person :P I can't say I'm around I stopped participating in this site and stopped being staff around 2009 or 2010 I think... I just use the list system cause I watch anime in my spare time.

And I do not know which friend this was for. I doubt I am still even friends with them...
Apr 6, 2016 4:26 AM

Dec 2015
Seven Deadly Sins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its really good, mostly becuz its easy to follow. Im sure my parents would enjoy it atleast :3
Apr 6, 2016 4:27 AM
Sep 2015
It really depends on the person.

Some people will only do something if it's popular so to them I would recommend One Piece or Naruto because the whole world knows about them.

Others desire a bit more serious stuff so then Death Note or FMA would be my recommendation.

But it honestly varies. I actually got a person in to anime by recommending Fate:Zero to them, so you never know.
Apr 6, 2016 4:28 AM

Sep 2014
Robiiii said:
Its really good, mostly becuz its easy to follow. Im sure my parents would enjoy it atleast :3

I have not watched Seven Deadly Sins yet but I will take into account that series =D. Since a lot of people really recommended that Anime :D
Apr 6, 2016 4:36 AM

Dec 2015
Xeraeulius said:
Robiiii said:

I have not watched Seven Deadly Sins yet but I will take into account that series =D. Since a lot of people really recommended that Anime :D

Def watch it if u like good artstyle, solid story & lots of action :>
Apr 6, 2016 4:44 AM
Apr 2015
Well, i have a friend that sayed to me: Well anime suck, i hate it...
Then i asked her if why she hate it soo much?
She sayed me it was boring..
Later in that day, i recommended her to watch Boku dake ga Inai Machi / Erased ..

She watched all 12 episodes in 1 day LOL and she really enjoy it!
Now she's asking me for more animes, and more, and more!

It's kinda personal too! I know she loves friendship and crying stuff soo Erased or Death Parade is just perfect.
For violent/bloody fans i recommend Mirai Nikki or Sword Art Online or even Elfen Lied or Tokyo Ghoul..
Funny guys? Prison School..
Action guys? One Punch Man..
The guy that like sports? Air Gear or even Kuroko no Basket..
Did he/she want long episodes (200/300) ? Well, Gintama or Hunter x Hunter..
Mind blow? DEATH NOTE..
Apr 6, 2016 6:04 AM

Jan 2016
For a female? If she likes asian/hollywood drama, then i guess choosing somethin similiar drama genre one will be good. But probably better if u offer her unique series that can't be found apart in anime which will u suggest. That's will give a good impression for her. And if so, picking any genre isn't really matter~ it's demand on her own judgement and taste. Better u ask her opinion after it.

Hmm.. if she is a typical who upholding her religion or standpoint, don't force her to liking anime. Some anime genres which contain too extreme genre--- too much contention; best choice to not suggest anything extreme idealist one in the first place. But if u feels your suggest really a good thing, and she still refusing to not watch, better to clarify bad issues and bad views of anime beforehand.
We did this every day that summer. There wasn’t a day we missed.

"I love you, air conditioner."
Apr 6, 2016 6:13 AM

Sep 2014
Robiiii said:
Def watch it if u like good artstyle, solid story & lots of action :>

Wow! You piqued my interest since Art style is what I also look for ^_^ and yea will do watch it =D
Apr 6, 2016 6:32 AM

Oct 2015
Depends on what they like. Cowboy Bebop is overall probably the most reliable "gateway anime", due to how westernised it is, but different strokes for different folks.

For one of my friends, Kill la Kill was their gateway anime, which surprised me because you would usually associate something like KLK as being too "anime" to act as a "gateway anime".
Apr 6, 2016 6:34 AM

Jan 2016
iLoveYourKiss said:
Later in that day, i recommended her to watch Boku dake ga Inai Machi / Erased ..

It's kinda personal too! I know she loves friendship and crying stuff soo Erased or Death Parade is just perfect.
For violent/bloody fans i recommend Mirai Nikki or Sword Art Online or even Elfen Lied or Tokyo Ghoul..
Mind blow? DEATH NOTE..

Sorry for interupt your post there '-' and my english are sucks too. But "sayed".. is kinda good choice of words

Prison school ----> funny guys? ._. It's more precise to label it as fuckin' ecchies genre. Maybe "funny guys" are fitted in daily lives of highschool boys. :3

Erased is a good choice ftw, especially to bombard someone's feelings.
We did this every day that summer. There wasn’t a day we missed.

"I love you, air conditioner."
Apr 6, 2016 6:58 AM

May 2015
In America, anything that airs on Toonami is usually a reliable choice to introduce new viewers to the animated shows produced in Japan. They're specifically picked to appeal to Western fans who might not like any of the more niche titles.
Apr 6, 2016 7:50 AM

Aug 2015
It depends o n what my friends like/person likes.

But most boys in my class, like action-shounen or smth, so AOT would do the trick.
And girls in my class like romance/SOL smth, so I would recommend them Clannad?

You can just straight-out ask what they want and then alter your advise to their preference. Or show them bits of anime.

This really depends on how the person is ;P.

Apr 6, 2016 2:42 PM
Apr 2015
MoNYeTLeWaT said:
iLoveYourKiss said:

Mind blow? DEATH NOTE..

Sorry for interupt your post there '-' and my english are sucks too. But "sayed".. is kinda good choice of words

Prison school ----> funny guys? ._. It's more precise to label it as fuckin' ecchies genre. Maybe "funny guys" are fitted in daily lives of highschool boys. :3

Erased is a good choice ftw, especially to bombard someone's feelings.

Ahahah yeah ecchi too xD, but for fun i have also ansatsu kyoushitsu which is pretty good aswell as funny..
Apr 6, 2016 2:49 PM
Apr 2016
Fate/zero so I can show them that Anime isn't all rainbow and sunshine, that it can be GRUESOME AND FOR ADULTS.
Apr 6, 2016 2:52 PM

Jul 2015
Tokyo Ghoul, for all its faults, work well with anime "beginners" in my experience.

I'd imagine Your lie in April and Garden of words would work as well.
Apr 6, 2016 3:13 PM

May 2015
Attack on Titan and Future Diary can be good starters. They're attention-grabbing, fast-paced, weird and original in their ideas and pretty deep. They can get messy though.

WataMote is a great comedy to introduce someone to anime.

Haibane Renmei and Tatami Galaxy are perhaps the best for outsiders. They're far away from anime cliches and are easily accessible for anyone who likes quality fiction.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Apr 6, 2016 3:48 PM

Apr 2015
I forced a friend of mine that absolutely loathes anime to watch Akira with me. And he enjoyed it quite a bit.

However I can't say it will work for everyone as people seem kind of divided in between it and loving it.
Jun 12, 2016 8:45 PM

Mar 2007
I got my husband hooked using Elfen Lied, but he's mature and could handle that.

He bawled like a baby on that episode of Clannad After Story though.

Sword Art Online and Seven Deadly Sins are probably the newest hot anime.
Jun 13, 2016 12:39 AM

Apr 2010
There's anime for hana yori dango (also has Korean drama version. for case she doesn't know the Japanese). There's also Nodame Cantabile and Ouran high school host club.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

40 by traed »»
8 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

131 by APolygons2 »»
13 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - 2 hours ago

1 by Serafos »»
27 minutes ago

» Describe an anime in a funny way.

NOTAGLOWIE - Mar 2, 2022

33 by AverageRiceFan »»
29 minutes ago

» Anime Openings with Sound Effects

_MushiRock11_ - Mar 28

11 by AverageRiceFan »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.