Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 16, 2010 3:03 AM

Sep 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Sengoku is really awesome !
But why Law is here ?
Just to help Luffy ? XD
And i love Crocodile. :)
Mar 16, 2010 3:38 AM

Aug 2009
What theeee!?

GO CROCO GO, GO BUGGY!!
I see Crocodile in a whole different way since the Alabasta Arc.
Buggy is awesome!!! I mean seriously. Who would have thought he'd get to have such a huge part in saving Luffy, haha, his bounty is bound to explode.

LAW!?! So hot AND a doctor!? I'm gonna faint.
ah_18Mar 16, 2010 3:45 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!

Mar 16, 2010 7:35 AM

May 2009
Spoilers banzai!
So far loving The Blackbeard pirates. They have a lot going their way but seem to get knocked of their proverbial pedestal for as long as they appear to have obtained it. This, to me is a welcomed relief from the typical "ultimate antagonist" character who's function in the middle of a story is to be/appear untouchable/"the shit" etc.

Of-course, props to The Crocodile, The knight of the sea and The Whitebeards!

@ ah_18 LOL - Tafalgar law, aka "Surgeon of Death"

And WOW, amazing! So I guess The Strategist isn't so irately-useless after all! This has been an insightful day...
Mar 16, 2010 7:40 AM

Jun 2007
gastricjuice said:
Spoilers banzai!
So far loving The Blackbeard pirates. They have a lot going their way but seem to get knocked of their proverbial pedestal for as long as they appear to have obtained it. This, to me is a welcomed relief from the typical "ultimate antagonist" character who's function in the middle of a story is to be/appear untouchable/"the shit" etc.

Of-course, props to The Crocodile, The knight of the sea and The Whitebeards!

@ ah_18 LOL - Tafalgar law, aka "Surgeon of Death"

And WOW, amazing! So I guess The Strategist isn't so irately-useless after all! This has been an insightful day...

I agree, it's nice to see a big bad guy who still gets his ass kicked every now and then. It makes them much more interesting and well realistic. Nobody is perfect and untouchable and this also makes it much more acceptable when the heroes eventually DO manage to defeat them

Oh and Crocodile? Morel ike Brocodile.....
Ok that was horrible.
muldermanMar 16, 2010 10:57 AM
Mar 16, 2010 2:25 PM

Aug 2009
The BB pirates are interestingly weird. I wonder how their new members will fit in to the crew, I did "like", so to speak, the previous/first members.

"Surgeon of Death" - what was that othe rnickname? I'm so confused, could he be the ray of light I've been waiting for!? (Ace's case...)
To me, he always seemed the most interesting one of the Supernovas. People have been speculating about him having some connection to Whitebeard. He might have been his doctor, if one notices the smiley face.
ah_18Mar 18, 2010 12:35 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!

Mar 16, 2010 4:12 PM

May 2008
ah_18 said:
The BB pirates are interestingly weird. I wonder how their new members will fit in to the crew, I did "like", so to speak, the previous/first members.

"Surgeon of Death" - hahaha :D
To me, he always seemed the most interesting one of the Supernovas. People have been speculating about him having some connection to Whitebeard. He might have been his doctor, if one notices the smiley face.

Im thinking he was some how related to Doflamingo
the Human Auctioning House and Doflamingo's personal symbol have smiley face logos

plus Doflamingo cuting ability reminds me of Trafalgar Law
but Trafalgar Law's smilely face isnt crossed out and has a nose so they likey arent related, just a coincidence.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I have a feeling the Heart Pirates and the stawhat's are going to be allies in the future.
dragafireMar 16, 2010 4:24 PM

Mar 16, 2010 5:07 PM

Mar 2008
I loved Croc's pwnage, but more than anything... FUCK YES! LAW TO THE RESCUE!
Mar 16, 2010 5:57 PM
Jun 2007
Flibbertigibbet said:
Where do you guys find the chapters so early? I'm always waiting till 2 days after the first guy for some reason.

It's just spoiler pics and text so far, not the actual chapter itself. Just wait till tomorrow and mangastream will most likely have the brand-spankin-new chapter, all clean and shiny, by then.
Mar 17, 2010 5:23 AM

Dec 2007
i guess sengoku aint that useless afterall and after seeing blackbeard taking damage makes him not 'aizen like' so enough with comparing with bleach. DAM AKAINU IS STRONG!! Law said: being here (marineford) makes me and him (luffy) on the same boat and the world would be boring without him so im saving him.
Mar 17, 2010 5:52 AM

Aug 2009
dragafire said:

Im thinking he was some how related to Doflamingo
the Human Auctioning House and Doflamingo's personal symbol have smiley face logos

plus Doflamingo cuting ability reminds me of Trafalgar Law
but Trafalgar Law's smilely face isnt crossed out and has a nose so they likey arent related, just a coincidence.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Oh! Forgot all about Flamingo. Interesting, thanks for the pics!

Those smilie faces are everywhere; Ace's hat, Donflamingo, Law and whatnot. Some smilie-fetish going on there, Oda-sensei?

Mar 17, 2010 11:20 AM

May 2007
The Smiley Face thing is obviously some kind of symbol that is prevalent in the New World. Whether that represents some organization, or some kind of allegiance towards something, remains to be seen. The fact that DoFlamingo's smiley faces are crossed out tells me to believe that he either left that "group" (or whatever it is) or doesn't like them. Just one of the mysteries that will be solved later in the series.

Anyway, the Rookies (albeit only Law) show up, just like most of us expected when Oda showed a glimpse of them some chapters ago. I wonder if the rest of the Rookies will show up and play a role in defense as the Whitebeard Pirates and the Newkama attempt to escape. I'm guessing Law has some kind of healing ability in conjunction with his "Room" devil fruit, so I'm excited to see if that does happen.

As for the other part of the chapter, still don't know how Blackbeard vs. the Marines is going to go down. I was expecting the Admirals to focus on Blackbeard because he provides the most imminent danger...but they are still chasing after Luffy.
Mar 17, 2010 11:29 AM

Jan 2010
Wonder if Garp wil join the battle against Blackbeard and
how the hell did Law get there so fast.
Hope Marco kils Akainu soon.
Mar 17, 2010 11:33 AM

Jul 2006
Crocodile is such a tsundere.

Mar 17, 2010 11:33 AM

Sep 2009
Has anybody gotten the thought that Jinbei might be the new nakama?? Since he promised Ace to protect him with his life?
Awesome chapter,, Sengoku and Crocodile were BADASS! I expected both Kid and Law to come since they said that they r not gonna stand still,, but I guess Law is enough lol

And Daaaamn at Sengoku, the Blackbeard pirates are like flies before him!
Mar 17, 2010 11:54 AM

Jan 2009
vindemon64 said:

As for the other part of the chapter, still don't know how Blackbeard vs. the Marines is going to go down. I was expecting the Admirals to focus on Blackbeard because he provides the most imminent danger...but they are still chasing after Luffy.

Was thinking this as well. I am assuming Akainu has some sort of history with Dragon and that is why he is so hell bent on getting luffy. As for the water being frozen, I can only assume that was to slow down their escape so they can round everyone up. Also I think Akainu believes Sengoku to be more than enough to take care of the BB pirates.

Crocodile has always been one of my favorite villans and he is turning out to be such a good character, loved him in this chapter.

And finally Law been waiting for the Supernova's for awhile, glad to see him here. Can't fucking wait till next week.
Mar 17, 2010 11:58 AM
Sep 2007
Just epic, you think that last chapter was awesome, then Oda throws something more awesome. Like White Beard and Roger, we Have Luffy and Law as enemy's and friends.
Hi
Mar 17, 2010 12:03 PM

Apr 2009
Jinbei wont be the crewmate ,, he is fucking too strong..

he will guide them to his island and remain there ..

anyway FUCKING AWESOME ENDING

Law pwns..
Mar 17, 2010 12:15 PM

Jul 2008
Awesome chapter WOOT! Law is back! i'm finally beginning to like Crocodile and did anyone else notice that Jinbei dropped Luffy's hat? I think its still on the ground where Akainu is

Mar 17, 2010 12:40 PM

May 2008
smokes said:
Jinbei wont be the crewmate ,, he is fucking too strong..

he will guide them to his island and remain there ..

anyway FUCKING AWESOME ENDING

Law pwns..

thats probably how its going to playout.
I really want boa to join the crew
---------------------------------
WereMaiChzBurger said:
Awesome chapter WOOT! Law is back! i'm finally beginning to like Crocodile and did anyone else notice that Jinbei dropped Luffy's hat? I think its still on the ground where Akainu is

no i didnt
your so observant
I wonder whos going to pick it up

Mar 17, 2010 12:43 PM
Nov 2007
I'm so worried about the hat!!!!!!! Someone give it back to Luffy!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Mar 17, 2010 12:46 PM

Jul 2008
everyone is just getting into it! sengoku has some awesome power, bam! crocodile comes out of nowhere, plus buggy trying to run away, and now law shows up in a submarine!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 17, 2010 1:34 PM

Apr 2009
oh yeah, the HAT felt down D:
Mar 17, 2010 1:35 PM

May 2009
i need more!
Mar 17, 2010 1:36 PM

Aug 2008
this is too crazy its like eating 3 or 4 of ur favorite foods at the same time so good and insane.

so finally someone who can actually take Luffy away from here came Law in a Submarine, i don't thing anyone can chase him in there. for a while that is.
Mar 17, 2010 1:56 PM

Jul 2008
Awesome chapter~ Law to the rescue with a submarine. ♥

Oh, Croc, I love you so fucking much.

radiantfire said:
I'm so worried about the hat!!!!!!! Someone give it back to Luffy!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I'm worried about that, too. D=
Mar 17, 2010 1:57 PM

Aug 2009
wow law is back. The koala is also there too lol.
Mar 17, 2010 2:13 PM

May 2009
WTF! Law!?! someone says from the back...
Mar 17, 2010 3:22 PM

Sep 2008
Justice_D_Gundam said:
Crocodile is such a tsundere.
This was the purpose of this chapter.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2010 3:28 PM

Jun 2007
Akainu is a monster.
But I'm still not that happy with Law showing up. Yea he's an awesome character. But I hope he has some kind of ulterior motive than just showing up to save Luffy
Mar 17, 2010 4:04 PM

Nov 2008
Was not expecting Trafalgar Law to show up and his ship is a submarine 0.o ..WOW
Mar 17, 2010 4:55 PM

Jul 2009
Awesome chapter! and maybe luffy can finally find a way back to his crew.
Mar 17, 2010 4:56 PM

Aug 2007
Since there doesn't seem to be an end of the war in sight I wonder if Law will actually heal Luffy in some sort of way so he can continue his involvement in the war. I know it's far fetched given we're thinking Ace is dead so he has no place there but with Akainu and BB there I think it's possible. keep in mind I'm sure most of us thought this war was gonna end a few weeks ago.
Mar 17, 2010 5:29 PM

May 2008
When I saw Law my heart pounded. He is so fucking awesome.

Really, one amazing character after another. Can OP be MORE EPIC??

I guess it can..After all it's...Oda.
Mar 17, 2010 5:57 PM

Feb 2008
my mind just exploded.

1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000/10
Mar 17, 2010 6:08 PM
Jun 2007
mulderman said:
Akainu is a monster.
But I'm still not that happy with Law showing up. Yea he's an awesome character. But I hope he has some kind of ulterior motive than just showing up to save Luffy

All this altruism in 578 is very bizarre. There's plenty of ways to screw with the WG/marines and those two opted to help out Jimbei so that he can get Luffy to safety. It's not bad but it's not good, either. Just a bizarre sequence of events.
Mar 17, 2010 6:56 PM

Nov 2009
Law says "Im a doctor!" its so cool .... and Law's crew showing up was just epic ... now the Marines will get overthrow by the pirates, that is if Luffy recovers .... and whitebeard crew getting pwned. but at least blackbeard is now on the pirates' side for now, so marines will definetely lose.
Mar 17, 2010 8:00 PM

Jul 2009
Crocodile helped them?! Didn't expect that.

Marinefold is becoming one big rabble now. It's completely destroyed by WB, BB and Sengoku himself. Akainu facing off with all of the WB pirates. Does he even have a chance to win against them?

Law's arrival was really unexpected.
OP is truly EPIC!
This is a signature.
Mar 17, 2010 10:19 PM

Oct 2007
Law comming out of nowhere without any explanation seems lame. Hope we get soon to know the reason ...

Not so great chapter this time. The mangaka probably needs a little break, he seems to have the need to buy some time figure out a how the story should continue.
The entire chapter was just flying around and a bit of fist throwing left and right. I am sure though next chapter finally something will happen and we get a "revelation".
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2010 11:26 PM

Nov 2007
lmao well glad to see Sengoku can do more than just become big xD, and Trafalgar law gets an appearance!
Mar 18, 2010 2:16 AM

Feb 2008
I think Crocodile helped out because he's just so pissed off to all of the marines... But it's really nice that he helped.

Kinda shocked me to see Law there. Am waiting for the other supporting characters, like the supernovas to come out, and there's Law. What I can say is even though Pirates are enemies to one another, they still have a bond that will make them unite to one another when they're facing against the marines. Then I wonder how about the Shichibukais...

I HOPE SOMEONE WILL GET LUFFY'S HAT!!! (maybe that will be the next arc, lol)

Oh and by the way, what would the Comedian from Watchmen do with those smileys?! HAHA~! XD
Mar 18, 2010 5:55 AM
Jun 2008
Maybe the person who brings back his hat will be the new crew member...;P

Mar 18, 2010 7:23 AM

Apr 2007
OMG LAW IS SO AWESOME
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Mar 18, 2010 9:08 AM

Nov 2009
Next arc: Save Luffy's hat!

Just like saving Nico Robin, etc etc. This time is to save Luffy's hat from the Marines.
Mar 18, 2010 9:29 AM

Sep 2007
For the Law thing :

Surprised but ...
Oda thing about this from a LONG TIME AGO. :)
Mar 18, 2010 10:59 AM

Mar 2009
^ good noticing that, ShiroiRyu.

That means Trafalgar Law had connections with White Beard afterall, awesome and not to forget.... HE HAS A SUBMARINE! xD
Mar 18, 2010 11:26 AM

Aug 2009
Peope have pointed all that a long time ago (the smilies)... It's still unsure, oh but I hope it's like that. It's also been noted there might be a connection with Donflamingo, only Oda knows. :D

Mar 18, 2010 12:05 PM

Apr 2008
I believe that smily is the insignia of the revolutionary army maybe and I know where oda got the idea from, defalmingo had his one crossed out so maybe he left.

V for Vendetta and the smily mask worn by the main character who is a freedom fighter.

Mar 18, 2010 12:55 PM

Apr 2008
Glad to see Law return. He's cool.

Akainu is a bastard. He's definitely one of the best villains in this series. I'm glad Crocodile helped them there.
Mar 18, 2010 1:15 PM

Apr 2009
^yeah, Aikanu is the man )

and thats pretty awesome tips with that smile of Law's :D
Mar 18, 2010 4:36 PM

Oct 2009
Crocodile's devil fruit was always my favourite and he's so epic in this arc).
Looking forward to next chapter!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 403 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 28, 2010

11 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 401 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 28, 2010

10 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

3 by Ptipana2077 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » You Favourite One Piece Opening?!

UnstableBrat - Today

11 by UnstableBrat »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 771 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Barion-Zara - Dec 18, 2014

92 by KoniginElle »»
Today, 2:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.