Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2017 8:01 AM

Sep 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well well well ...
Hey ... It's me or he is doing better in school ? XD
Anyways, the last part is really more serious.
Oct 29, 2017 5:28 PM

Apr 2013
Is it my imagination or did I see a hope in this chapter?

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Oct 29, 2017 6:12 PM

May 2015
I saw a few people saying that the scientific explanation was unrealistic... but like... was this manga ever realistic in the first place? We're talking about a drug that makes you look physically younger here, it's a bit late to start complaining about how things aren't realistic when we're this far into it all. No one's reading this for scientific realism. It's nice that we got some form of explanation about the memory situation, bit confusing, but looks like there's still more about it to come and a possible way for them to keep their memories may be on the rise.

Anyway, seems like we might be going into the final arc. I really don't wanna see this end but at the same time I really want to see a happy ending between Hishiro and Arata asap T.T

โ™ก artist
ใ‚ตใ‚ณ
Oct 29, 2017 6:56 PM
Mar 2015
Hishiro is right to be discouraged The company has no way to prevent memory loss by those involved in the experiment
Oct 29, 2017 7:12 PM

Dec 2013
We finally get an explanation with how everyone loses their memories!
Oct 29, 2017 7:25 PM

Nov 2011
Yes finally we get some Science involved! Very cool. I like the idea of the Virus being the same as the Flu where the more you're with someone. Looking forward to next week.
Hishiro and Yoake had a cool moment.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 29, 2017 8:19 PM

May 2016
Heh heh heh, Kaizaki got busted in the last panel....... :' )
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Oct 29, 2017 9:44 PM
Mar 2017
Given the description of how the drug works, does this mean that there has to be some bodily-fluid swap between Hishiro and Kaizaki to fix this?
Oct 29, 2017 11:22 PM
Feb 2014
RenaissanceOtaku said:
Given the description of how the drug works, does this mean that there has to be some bodily-fluid swap between Hishiro and Kaizaki to fix this?

You might just be onto something.
Oct 30, 2017 4:13 AM

Dec 2015
HOHOHOOOHHKAAYYYYY that virology bullshit made absolutely no sense, no pharma company would start human clinical trials without going through phase trials. More importantly, if the virus destroys memories after a set period of time, why has Hishiro retained her memories longer than Kaizaki?

That said, it's pretty clear now that the series is nearing it's end.

Also, it looks like Yoake has an epiphany at the end - i'm confident we'll get another bullshit solution. Any company that has the tech to create a virus like this should have a method to cure it.
~
Oct 30, 2017 7:07 AM
Oct 2017
My heart aches every time I see them all sad because of the inevitable ending :/

It was nice though to see them back at school
Oct 30, 2017 1:51 PM

Mar 2017
Touka__Kirishima said:
HOHOHOOOHHKAAYYYYY that virology bullshit made absolutely no sense, no pharma company would start human clinical trials without going through phase trials.

Indeed. The author would have done better if they hadn't bothered to explain how it worked at all.

So it looks like we're left with a Your Name ending where they both forget each other but, I hope, somehow reconnect later.

We're definitely in the final stages... perhaps just a year's worth of episodes to go.
Oct 30, 2017 2:29 PM

Jul 2010
RenaissanceOtaku said:
Universal problem solver.
Oct 30, 2017 2:35 PM

May 2017
Maybe we have a different ending, even the company boss wants the two together.
I hope they find a way, Chemically, so they will not forget, if not they might well use the idea of "50 First Dates", the movie that Adam Sandler participated in, the Idea would be for them to record something to show each other (Hishiro for Kaizaki and Kaizaki for Hishiro).
Oct 30, 2017 5:42 PM

Mar 2015
trainwerck ncoming with maintaince a really litle streach of hope!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 30, 2017 10:49 PM
Oct 2017
It seems like this company's business was created from an accidental flaw while genetically working a virus with some regard to something like a cure for Alzheimer's, but went the way of the sticky note and marketed a service, to i can only assume, the Japanese government as a means of combating unemployment. Now that's some convoluted shit, interesting, but convoluted.
Oct 31, 2017 7:19 AM

Sep 2016
Beatrice-KF said:
RenaissanceOtaku said:
Universal problem solver.

๏ผญ๏ฝ๏ฝŽ๏ฝใ€€๏ฝ”๏ฝ’๏ฝ๏ฝŽ๏ฝ“๏ฝ†๏ฝ…๏ฝ’ใ€€๏ฝ‚๏ฝ๏ฝ‰๏ฝ“๏ผŽ
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Oct 31, 2017 7:20 AM

Jan 2017
Finally some explanation. I can feel the darkness approaching...
Oct 31, 2017 2:22 PM

Dec 2014
well arata eyes are so funny .... this is getting way more depressing
Nov 1, 2017 7:14 AM

Oct 2014
ryo has been with hishiro for 2 years so how does he not forget about her?
Bad explanation.
Nov 1, 2017 10:07 AM

Mar 2016
Inori_is_love said:
ryo has been with hishiro for 2 years so how does he not forget about her?
Bad explanation.

He has antibodies
Nov 5, 2017 4:21 PM

Oct 2013
DancingBastard said:
RenaissanceOtaku said:

You might just be onto something.

Corny... If it is true because then its going to be the first kiss which cures them. In essence, they will cry as their final moments together comes, finally giving each other their first and final kiss, swapping fluids (such a romantic way of describing it) but to their surprise they will remember each other and happy days will ensue.

To be honest, I completely forgot why they can't tell each other that they are test subjects and note it all down. It would also provide an interesting last bit of drama as they try to recall who each other were. If there is some genuine reason, like it would immediately prompt memory loss (which makes this virus incredibly specific and far far beyond the realm of even plausible and even further than before) then I can see the reason for the above drama as the team encourages and tries to tell without explicitly telling them to kiss before they forget each other.

This probably would have been better executed if the corporation was to play the villain role and to erase their memories if they found out about each other, having Ryou to over hear the potential memory saving cure, and then try without saying to get them to kiss. ReLife has been great so far, but unfortunately, I think they made a mistake with this chapter.
shawnofthedeadzNov 5, 2017 4:24 PM
Feb 26, 2018 6:45 PM

Nov 2016
Lol,they shouldn't have bothered with an explanation about the virus, but guess that means there's 0 hope now....

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 30, 2018 12:05 PM

May 2015
Oh, s***. I pretty much knew that the subjects would forget their support, but does this mean the support will forget the subjects? DOES THIS MEAN THE SUPPORT WILL FORGET EACH OTHER?! Then that scene with Yoake saying he and An would remember the date even if Hishiro and Kaizaki don't. I can't even imagine him breaking that news to her. She would be absolutely heartbroken. She seems to be very emotionally vulnerable, not having realized just how invested she would become in the subjects by taking this job. The only solace she seemed to have was knowing that she'd remember them.

I'm going to have to disagree with some of the others on this thread. Personally, I like the fact that the corporation wants to help them keep their memories, and I appreciate the explanation of the memory erasing process. I like that there's no true villain here.
SuranaNov 30, 2018 12:08 PM
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Apr 18, 2022 12:55 AM

Aug 2018
The 3rd semester...the last one.
About the end...WHAT?!

More topics from this board

Poll: » ReLIFE Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2015

4 by emanoel889 »»
Mar 24, 1:52 PM

Poll: » ReLIFE Chapter 111 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 1, 2016

77 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 26, 2:30 PM

Poll: » ReLIFE Chapter 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2015

8 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 22, 7:09 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Chapter 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2015

6 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 22, 7:01 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Chapter 223 Discussion

destinical - Sep 22, 2021

2 by waalex11 »»
Apr 4, 2023 4:53 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.